PDA

View Full Version : Remove all dice? Spawn dice?

Ken L
August 31st, 2018, 01:25
As part of a functionality overhaul for a theme, I'm looking to completely remove the 'dice tray' that exists below the chat window. To replace it, I want substitute smaller buttons that when clicked, will spawn dice to be held by the mouse.

Main reason for this is desktop realestate reclamation as these buttons/panels can be placed in more compact convenient positions.

I'd wager that by altering the gamesystem.xml I can add/remove dice as I've done that before, but it would most likely remove access to those dice all together save for the /die function which is just textual.

damned
August 31st, 2018, 01:33
Hi Ken L you could position those just off the page or with just 1 pixel on the page.
Im pretty sure that removing them from gamesystem only removes them from teh desktop and not from being available in the game.

Ken L
September 1st, 2018, 01:31
The gamesystem.xml alteration removes them from the desktop, I've done it before. On the flipside, I want to be able to 'spawn dice' just like you would picking up a desktop die except it originating from a small button/panel.