PDA

View Full Version : monsters special abilities problems

Evion
August 31st, 2018, 00:03
the same problem thats in pathfinder 1 is in pathfinder 2, that fact that the monsters special attacks cant be used from the monster sheet and there not in the combat tracker, monster spells are also not in the tracker either, if you can fix this in pathfinder 2 also fix this in pathfinder 1, im going to assume that ability damage might be in pathfinder 2, make sure that monsters like the wraith when it deals damage that the damage die and the ability damage die can be rolled differently not like it is now i pathfinder 1 where i can only roll them as one roll doing 2d6 negative damage instead of 1d6 negative damage and 1d6 constitution damage as it should be, also please add a power button like in 5th edition where players can add things like rare to there action page, this also is not available in P1, so monsters special qualities, special attacks and spells should all be in there combat tracker like in 5th edition for both P1 and P2 please. thx

Trenloe
August 31st, 2018, 00:14
Thanks for the feedback.

The playtest rules have many features that haven’t been developed yet. Please refer to the list in the release 2 thread for more details.

At this point I’m not committing to what level anything will be in the ruleset. The 80/20 rule is pretty much the level of automation that is aimed for. Above that there are diminishing returns... for example, you request that basically all monster actions should be in the combat tracker. With the way Pathfinder 2 handles all of them, with multiple actions per turn, many different possibilities, some free actions, some reactions, some 1, 2, or 3 actions and many other complications, I very much doubt if every single thing an NPC can do will be available and fully functional in the CT. However, like I say, I’m not committing to anything either way - I’m just trying to manage your expectations.

Regarding 5E powers not being in Pathfinder 1 - this is really not the case. See this recent post (and others in that same thread): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45336-Powers-on-the-Action-Tab-that-are-not-tied-to-Spell-Casting&p=403331&viewfull=1#post403331

Evion
August 31st, 2018, 00:27
its cool if there not all in the combat tracker but at lease, give the ability to be used from the monster sheet, i can only use melee and ranged attacks but i cant use special attacks from either, tracker or monster sheet, and thanks for reading my rant/worry, i love fanatsy grounds so i want it to be better :)

Trenloe
August 31st, 2018, 04:12
its cool if there not all in the combat tracker but at lease, give the ability to be used from the monster sheet
I don’t know what form it’ll be in yet, but this will be looked and under the "Advanced NPC functionality" development task from the under development list.