PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - Notes

Nayr
June 11th, 2006, 23:29
Okay, I don't know if this should go here or not, I don't know where a suggestion should go. Anyways, I think there should be something to add notes to or something on the Lite version, not sure if there is on the full version so... 'Cause I need to add stuff to remember later while I am in game and there is no place to put it (T_T)

LordTomar
June 11th, 2006, 23:50
Im pretty sure the Note function is based on the ruleset.

In my group the ruleset we use for D20 DnD has the note function, and the ruleset we use for our modern game does not have the note function.

Nayr
June 11th, 2006, 23:51
I am saying that there should be a standard note function all the time

Cantstanzya
June 12th, 2006, 03:20
I am saying that there should be a standard note function all the timeWhen you are in the campaign you should have access to a notes button. Click on that and you should be able to create a note.

richvalle
June 12th, 2006, 03:21
?? there is a notes section in the Lite version. Its actually the Full version that doesn't have it.

If it is missing from your ruleset then you need to talk to the creator of that ruleset to have them add it back.

rv

Nayr
June 12th, 2006, 03:29
...We are talking about for local version, not during a campaign. I am talking about it being standard for the base ruleset, d20. In my oppinion is shouldn't be dependant upon the campaign you are going to play in.

LordTomar
June 12th, 2006, 03:55
...We are talking about for local version, not during a campaign. I am talking about it being standard for the base ruleset, d20. In my oppinion is shouldn't be dependant upon the campaign you are going to play in.

It is standard with the D20 ruleset that comes with FG. The only way it would be missing is if someone makes a custom ruleset and decides, or forgets, to put it in.

And if you really want notes, and the DM does not want to add them, then you could always takes notes outside of FG... either on paper or a word processor like notepad. This is acualy much better considering you can always have access to the notes then.

Cantstanzya
June 12th, 2006, 04:26
...We are talking about for local version, not during a campaign. I am talking about it being standard for the base ruleset, d20. In my oppinion is shouldn't be dependant upon the campaign you are going to play in.Everything for the notes are stored on the DMs PC. If you have the lite version and you start it up without connecting to the DM you do not have access to the notes. When you connect to the DM you then have access to the notes.

Nayr
June 12th, 2006, 06:01
...But you can only make notes in a campaign and not for your local character! I am talking about something so you could like store you characters background, notes to add something to your character later or something, but NOT FOR A CAMPAIGN! FOR LOCAL!

LordTomar
June 12th, 2006, 06:39
...But you can only make notes in a campaign and not for your local character! I am talking about something so you could like store you characters background, notes to add something to your character later or something, but NOT FOR A CAMPAIGN! FOR LOCAL!

Only thing i could think of for this would be a modified char sheet that has a blank page for typing in any notes you would want. Though this would still need to be used by the DM for his game also or you would not be able to see the notes page (i think... not 100% sure on this).

DarkStar
June 12th, 2006, 07:57
Only thing i could think of for this would be a modified char sheet that has a blank page for typing in any notes you would want.

My custom character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4188) has functionality you are asking for. You can store notes per character on a separate tab. I don't know if that's what you exactly want to do, but it will work both for local and server characters.

Nayr
June 12th, 2006, 08:37
Indeed I saw yours, and I was tempted to use it but the problem is that you have also editted other things about the charsheet. Though the notes section is indeed what I want to be added to FG.

rabbit
June 12th, 2006, 14:19
I used the custom charsheet last night (good stuff) and as the DM used the notes section *extensively* to keep track of various player things I wanted to make sure I both had written down but also kept the player updated on: action points left and used, Current effects...