PDA

View Full Version : Updated List of Effect Tags?

crankdawg47
August 30th, 2018, 14:25
I was just wondering if there was an updated list of different effect tags (like the crit tag or the recharge tag) that have been added to FG since the wiki was last updated.

Is there documentation on this stuff available anywhere?

Trenloe
August 30th, 2018, 14:43
I was just wondering if there was an updated list of different effect tags (like the crit tag or the recharge tag) that have been added to FG since the wiki was last updated.

Is there documentation on this stuff available anywhere?
The Wiki is usually kept up to date. Which ruleset are you referring to?

crankdawg47
August 30th, 2018, 16:34
The Wiki is usually kept up to date. Which ruleset are you referring to?

My bad. Specifically I'm looking at 5e. I know that in a recent patch a CRIT: effect was added to account for creatures with an improved critical trait but that tag (unless I somehow skimmed over it) is not listed in the wiki. Nor is the recharge tag that gets applied to creatures like dragons after they use a recharging ability.

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2018, 19:44
My bad. Specifically I'm looking at 5e. I know that in a recent patch a CRIT: effect was added to account for creatures with an improved critical trait but that tag (unless I somehow skimmed over it) is not listed in the wiki. Nor is the recharge tag that gets applied to creatures like dragons after they use a recharging ability.

The wiki deals with the effects that can be applied to players rather than NPCs since the way effects are created for NPCs is different in that the effects for them are created from the wording of the NPC attacks and abilities. For more information on NPC effects see this article (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35937-How-to-Automate-effects-on-NPCs). Recharge doesn't work at all on PCs and the crit effect is more correctly dealt with on the PC sheet in the actions tab or in weapon properties. Whilst CRIT does work to some extent on PCs it is not really that useful.

There is one PC effect missing from the wiki and I will get that added when I get a minute or two to do so.