PDA

View Full Version : Cant do anything because it says not installed on pathfinder 2

ZarkinFrood
August 30th, 2018, 14:07
I'm trying to create a character for the Pathfinder 2 playtest, but it won't let me open the module, just says "not installed" and has a red x. The .pak file is present in the folder the software installed it to. It does this with all the free content, if I can't try it out, there is no way I would think of buying/subscribing.

Trenloe
August 30th, 2018, 14:37
Welcome to the forums.

The PFRPG2 material is only available with a current licence to Fantasy Grounds.

If you wish to try it out you have a couple of options:
1) Get a one month subscription.
2) Get a license

Both of these options have a 30 day money back guarantee. SmiteWorks are great with customer service and will give you a refund without issue.

More information on giving FG a proper demo here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues

Nylanfs
August 30th, 2018, 14:44
Alternately Gwydion might have their table open to play with it. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45268-Character-Creation-My-Table-Will-be-Open-Most-of-Today)

Gwydion
August 30th, 2018, 15:22
I'm trying to create a character for the Pathfinder 2 playtest, but it won't let me open the module, just says "not installed" and has a red x. The .pak file is present in the folder the software installed it to. It does this with all the free content, if I can't try it out, there is no way I would think of buying/subscribing.

Hey at ZarkinFood. Welcome! If you reply here or pm me and if you'd like to check out character creation for PF2 on my table, I'm happy to open it up. Just let me know and give me a few minutes and I can get it set up for you.

Talyn
August 30th, 2018, 16:24
He probably only means the PF2 Playtest but just in case, this phrase jumped out at me:

It does this with all the free content

@ZarkinFrood are you saying all the free rulesets (5E, 3.5E/PFRPG, etc.) won't let you use them? (Possible installation and/or permissions issue?) Or only the PF2 Playtest? As @Trenloe noted, the agreement for the playtest ruleset is that only licensed users have access. Once the real ruleset goes live it will be free to use like the others.