PDA

View Full Version : Packs like in D&D5E

Shogar
August 30th, 2018, 04:33
In the D&D5e Ruleset you can make equipment packs that contain other items for a quick purchase. ie Backpack with oil, water, bedroll, food,etc.
Anyway to do this for starfinder?

Note: I tried using the Universal mod to load the D&D versions, did not work (or even show the items).

damned
August 30th, 2018, 06:11
In the D&D5e Ruleset you can make equipment packs that contain other items for a quick purchase. ie Backpack with oil, water, bedroll, food,etc.

Note: I tried using the Universal mod to load the D&D versions, did not work (or even show the items).

the universal extension mod can only access data types that have common data structures.

Samarex
August 30th, 2018, 10:05

Well I can put that on my wish list.
But for now you can Create a new Item
Then on the Other Tab Drag and Drop the items you want in the bundle to the other tab.

This will create a list of item links to what ever you put in it.

Now it won't expand the items when you drop in your inventory but the player can open it and drag the links right to there inventory.

Trenloe
August 30th, 2018, 15:14
1) Add the items to a Parcel
2) Drag/drop the parcel to the PC's inventory tab.

Talyn
August 30th, 2018, 16:19
Well I can put that on my wish list.

Run it by @Moon Wizard I asked about it several months ago for Castles & Crusades and within minutes he'd ripped the script out of 5E and made it work in C&C because the data types were similar enough.

Moon Wizard
August 30th, 2018, 17:40
Yeah, the only problem is that it is not something that can be generated via the interface, only through a tool or XML editing. Also, it was originally a hack by Zeus back when he was helping develop the initial 5E stuff, and I've always felt like it needed to be synched design-wise with parcels. However, it's not a priority item at all. I'll leave it to Samarex to decide what he would like to do.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
August 30th, 2018, 21:13
1) Add the items to a Parcel
2) Drag/drop the parcel to the PC's inventory tab.

I believe he was looking for something that could be in the item store list with a price and all that the players could buy. That why I went with the Item. Version vs the Parcel.
But both ways would work.

Shogar
August 31st, 2018, 19:58
Correct. I was trying to allow the players to buy things like a starter pack or maybe a med pack with all the items listed inside bought in one purchase.

Thanks for the info though.

Shogar
August 31st, 2018, 20:00
This is what I'm currently doing. Just adding the links to a selected item.
Thanks

Trenloe
August 31st, 2018, 20:13
This is what I'm currently doing. Just adding the links to a selected item.
Go one step further to add a lot more functionality and make it quick and easy for the players - create a parcel like I mentioned before, then link the parcel to an item. Then you just have to drag/drop the parcel link to the PC inventory tab to add all of the items at once - you can also specify multiple items more easily in the parcel.

Plus, if you want to, you can put a negative credit amount in the parcel, and this will be deduced from the PC's credits automatically. So they're buying everything in the parcel.

Samarex
August 31st, 2018, 21:41
Go one step further to add a lot more functionality and make it quick and easy for the players - create a parcel like I mentioned before, then link the parcel to an item. Then you just have to drag/drop the parcel link to the PC inventory tab to add all of the items at once - you can also specify multiple items more easily in the parcel.

Plus, if you want to, you can put a negative credit amount in the parcel, and this will be deduced from the PC's credits automatically. So they're buying everything in the parcel.

Can that be done with Items automatically deduct the cost?

Trenloe
August 31st, 2018, 22:35
Can that be done with Items automatically deduct the cost?
Not items. It only works because adding a parcel with credits adds the credits to the PCs current credits, so having negative credits in the parcel subtracts from their current credits when added to a PC.

I’m sure it would be fairly straightforward to add an option to parcels that calculates the total cost of the items in the parcel and uses that as the negative credits "cost" to purchase.

Or more code could be written as part of the inventory onDrop event to remove individual item costs as they are added. But you’d then need to differentiate between loot (no cost) and purchases (cost).