PDA

View Full Version : Paizo account linking and product retrival

Blacklamb
August 29th, 2018, 17:17
Since the Paizo website had it's melt down last week syncing product does not seem to work anymore, nor does authorizing them. If you try the sync from it says no products found, you try to sync to and it hangs. If you remove your auth and try to remake it you get invalid code.

I'm guessing there is a change on their side that needs to be made on yours, or their API is broken.

Skillkoil
August 29th, 2018, 17:22
From what I have read, buying a pdf or hardback from Paizo does not get you a free copy of the same product on FG. Paizo will credit you for the amount for purchasing an FG product. You can read the first reply to this thread for more clarification.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41240-Product-Sync-Confusion

Blacklamb
August 29th, 2018, 17:29
From what I have read, buying a pdf or hardback from Paizo does not get you a free copy of the same product on FG. Paizo will credit you for the amount for purchasing an FG product. You can read the first reply to this thread for more clarification.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41240-Product-Sync-Confusion

Yes I understand that, I'm trying to sync my product so I can get my discount. The sync tool is broken.

Skillkoil
August 29th, 2018, 17:33
You may be able to contact paizo at [email protected] and see if they are still having issues from last weeks technical problems. Or I am sure someone much more informed than me will be along shortly to give you some advice.

LordEntrails
August 29th, 2018, 18:12
Doug mentioned last Friday that with the Paizo website issues that the linking was broken. I assume (you know how to spell that!) that the issue is known and being worked on, but I haven't heard or read that being stated.

I would suggest if Doug doesn't chime in here soon, that you contact FG, [email protected] to verify they are aware and if they might have an ETA.

Nylanfs
August 29th, 2018, 19:15
Their website is back up as of this post. So the syncing might be working again.

ddavison
August 29th, 2018, 22:06
The Paizo.com site is back online but the API that the sync process calls to is not working. I notified them of this earlier this week when it was briefly back online, so they are aware of the issue. I think they were still working through some things over there.

The sync page has been updated with a note about the issue. Once I know more, I'll remove that alert and post something here.

Blacklamb
August 29th, 2018, 22:38
The Paizo.com site is back online but the API that the sync process calls to is not working. I notified them of this earlier this week when it was briefly back online, so they are aware of the issue. I think they were still working through some things over there.

The sync page has been updated with a note about the issue. Once I know more, I'll remove that alert and post something here.

Thanks

ddavison
September 6th, 2018, 16:24
This seems to be working now. I was able to retrieve Paizo purchases successfully.

DiggleDuggle
December 17th, 2018, 05:46
I'm now having the same issue as OP.

LordEntrails
December 17th, 2018, 07:12
I'm now having the same issue as OP.
Sorry you are having problems. Have you followed any of the steps to resolve? What exactly have you tried?

DiggleDuggle
December 17th, 2018, 18:15
Totally resolved now!

Last night I was trying to get the discount on my steam app (instead of at the FG store where you're supposed to go!). In response to that, I tried to rework my authorization but was running into a problem where it kept saying invalid code. Trying to authorize today on another computer worked perfectly and I get the discount in the FG store.

ddavison
December 17th, 2018, 19:48
There may have been a problem on either our server or the Paizo server at the time. I'm glad you got it sorted out now. Thanks.

Covey1000
January 7th, 2019, 15:01
I'm having an issue as well, when I was syncing it was saying there are no changes when there should have been as I had purchased some pdf's from Paizo. Then I unlinked my account. it won't recognized the token number from paizo and says its invalid when I attempt to relink.

ddavison
January 8th, 2019, 17:47
I'm having an issue as well, when I was syncing it was saying there are no changes when there should have been as I had purchased some pdf's from Paizo. Then I unlinked my account. it won't recognized the token number from paizo and says its invalid when I attempt to relink.

Please email us at [email protected] with the following information and we can forward it to Paizo to resolve.

We need the account name or email here and on Paizo.com
The auth token
A short list of the products you should show as owned over at Paizo.com

Trenloe
January 8th, 2019, 17:52
It may be working now. When Covey1000 posted the issue, I tried to retrieve my Paizo.com purchases and it returned none. 5 minutes ago it was working fine - returning the long list of my Paizo.com purchases.

Covey1000
January 8th, 2019, 18:38
It may be working now. When Covey1000 posted the issue, I tried to retrieve my Paizo.com purchases and it returned none. 5 minutes ago it was working fine - returning the long list of my Paizo.com purchases.

It's working now thanks so much.