PDA

View Full Version : Problem with WW Rome.

flynnkd
August 29th, 2018, 13:05
I am running WW Rome game and the WWRome module seems to have a problem with its creatures, they don't have an image holder so you can't actually place them anywhere. See picture.

Creatures placed in an Encounter group do not come with a placement icon, and there is no image on the CT to allow you to drag them to a map. The creature box doesn't show an image placeholder, so you cant give it one.

Skillkoil
August 29th, 2018, 17:26
Do the NPC's themselves have Tokens when you open them from the NPC menu? If not you just need to drag and drop a token into the NPC from your tokens folder. You can add/change tokens for NPC's whether they are read only or copies that can be edited.

Talyn
August 29th, 2018, 20:29
I just went through the PDF and there are only a total of 3 NPCs that have images that could have been turned into tokens. "Normally" the DLC Developers will go ahead and assign a generic letter token but some do not because Fantasy Grounds will auto-assign a generic letter token to tokenless NPCs when you drop them into an Encounter.

Having said that, I will PM the WW Rome developer and have him take a look-see through it as Savage Worlds has gone through many updates this year.

Mortar
August 29th, 2018, 21:41
Thanks for the report, looking into it now. When I first saw the image you posted, I suspected it was a problem with the extension, but it something else. It happens to just the WWR NPCs even without the extension running. I will try rebuilding the NPCs and see if that fixes the issue. I'll report back shortly with news, if that's the issue all the NPCs will be fixed in time for tuesday's update.

Ikael
August 29th, 2018, 21:54
I suspect that the Encounter is "broken". Its NPCs might be assigned to token which doesn't exist.

Mortar
August 29th, 2018, 22:40
Its something in the xml of the NPCs in WWR itself, something that has changed in the last two years and a bit since I first created those modules. In the Savage Worlds ruleset, fresh campaign, no extensions running the Rome NPCs have the same issue. Using the NPC Maker extension to recreate the NPCs fixes the issue. So I am now busy rebuilding all of them in time for the update :)

Mortar
August 29th, 2018, 23:20
The fix has been uploaded. It was a far easier fix than I originally thought.