PDA

View Full Version : Castle Keepers Guide

Mortar
August 28th, 2018, 21:22
The CKG module has been updated and is now in TEST.

Changes include:

1. Complete reference manual formatting. Cleaned up grammatical errors and typos as much as I could.

2. Updated to the color images from the current printing.

3. Additional rollable tables that weren't in previous editions.

4. The "Tables" entry in the manual itself now takes you to a ordered list of ALL tables from the manual, organized by chapter. The sidebar button still brings up the clickable tables as per normal.

To-do List:

1. Finish adding the image links and table links to reference manual pages as required. For some reason I stopped adding this to the text part way through. They will be done in a day or two.

Post any issues/problems in this thread, and I will get to fixing them.

JohnD
August 28th, 2018, 21:43
Nice work.

Topdecker
August 29th, 2018, 00:23
Looking forward to it - thanks!

Talyn
August 29th, 2018, 00:27
Already sent you a PM on Discord but:

The old /refimages/ folder is still there so the .mod is much larger than it needs to be. Do an SVN Delete to that folder, not a regular delete and SVN will auto-generate a manifest to fix that next time they run a push.
Remove the static="true" from the tables section so the GM can click the Output button.

Otherwise excellent job, mate! Been a long project, glad to see you've finally about got it wrapped up.

Mortar
August 29th, 2018, 01:32
I have done the SVN delete from my end. Just mostly little things to do. That collapsing table idea for the tables was crazy. Time to give my eyes a short break. Break over time to get working on other stuff until some errors crop up and this thread goes crazy.

Mortar
August 29th, 2018, 01:48
Just sent a small update. Click-able tables should be full functional after removing the static="true" from the tables. The older refimages folder should be deleted finally.

Mortar
September 8th, 2018, 03:00
Okay,

A hefty update coming down the pipe for the CKG and Player Companion:

CKG:

Included a "Conversion Notes" section on the Credits page detailing that the Players Handbook, CKG Player Companion, and M&T to be open for full functionality,
Fixed an issue with refmanual pages being replicated and preventing other pages from appearing,
Added missing tables, most notably from Chapter 16 Treasure - these tables will out put to parcels,
Starting spell tables have been adjusted to provide one roll on each sub-table producing a list of 3 spells on class and level basis,
All text tables that are random generators have links to the appropriate clickable table
All images now have functioning image links
Minor typo and grammatical error fixes

CKG Player Companion

Fixed an encoding issue that caused special characters to be improperly dispalyed

Talyn
September 8th, 2018, 15:28
I didn't do a deep dive but here's the only feedback after like... 2 minutes looking thru it:

I'd remove the credits to the original DLC and the remaster business. You did the Second Printing which is a full update in addition the the reference manual "remaster" (if that can even be called a remaster). Just take credit for yourself, ya know?
I'd also remove that page dedicated to the logo. Maybe stick a smaller version towards the bottom of the credits page, but otherwise I'd just skip that.
Several pages in the Introduction section are not in refblocks so the text is smooshed right up against the window border whereas the refblocks give nice book-like margins.

Mortar
September 8th, 2018, 22:54
Another minor update to delete a duplicate page and some format fixes.

I like that logo :)