PDA

View Full Version : New world looking for players (GMT+1)

Hooray
June 11th, 2006, 01:11
I have finally found a way to enable a public ip on my internet account and therefore I'll be able to run campaigns :) .

I have started developing a new world milking from my past experiences with D&D, it will be all made by me from the geography to politics, economics and so on it will feature full scale wars between provinces and anything my creativity will throw out of my brain.
I have planned to lead the players from the first very levels to the last possible levels achievable and untill it will last the fun obviously :) .
As far as now I've almost completed the first few sessions that would allow the party to reach lvl 2/3, I only need some more time to read again some of the rules I had thrown back in the archive of my brain to avoid annoying game moments where the master has to read the rules:D .

times of the game will be any hours between the 2:00 PM and late night (GMT+1)

For now it will be based on the core rule books of the 3.5 version of D&D the world will be a classical fantasy world with the freedom of adding merchandise, monsters and more as I see they fit well in the current game.

Everything that has a significant impact on any adventure it will be mapped.

One more thing:

Be aware of everything I will say when impersonating any of my NPC or you will find your throat cut and your pursue empty in no time.
:)
This world will have guilds, factions, bandit organizations, Mafia leaders, etc. and therefore the level of the treachery will not be limited on a charisma check.
When impersonating evil NPCs I will shamelessly try to fool you for a bag of gold.

The world's name is "Kranaar".

Anyone interested?

Beronar
June 11th, 2006, 09:07
It sounds like an exciting world you are creating. I'm very interested - as long as the sessions isn't held on thursday nights.

Hooray
June 11th, 2006, 15:03
I'll put the game on the matches schedule, as soon as we will have at least 4 PCs the game will start.

Stuart
June 11th, 2006, 21:37
It sounds like an exciting world you are creating. I'm very interested - as long as the sessions isn't held on thursday nights.
Good to hear it ... I was worried for a while.;)

Nayr
June 11th, 2006, 22:48
I am interested, I am free just about any time around there, I might have to go somewhere at random with my parents but as far as I know I can make the sessions, I will just have to figure out the times in EST XD

Hooray
June 11th, 2006, 22:56
Oh well obviously every day besides those where I'll be playing as well that currently are:
Thursday evening (GMT+1) Stuart's campaign
Tuesday morning 9:00 AM (GMT+1) Toadwarts' campaign

Progress on my world:

1) Sketched the whole provincial composition of the big pangean continent that is the center of activities in Kranaar.
2) sketched the geographical and political details of one province (most likely the one the party will make its first contact)
3) Mapped 3/4 of all the places the party will be at the start of the campaign (pratically it could start even now because it is very unlikely that the party will reach the points stil unmapped during the first couple of sessions):
- 1 village
- 1 regional map
- 1 interior map
- 3 wilderness tactical battleground for random encounters.
4) every abovementioned map is already scripted using the FG history scripter tools. There are 3 sheets for player's reference featuring a brief history of the world, its geomorphal parameters, the new calendar, new names for sun, moons and a base knowledge on how general matters will look like across the continent.
5) still don't know how long will last the first adventure because being a big world it's difficult to define when something starts and when it ends but as far as now i think I have enough material to run 2 full sessions without any problems. In fact most of the place have been already prepared through the narrator tools of FG and I will need to manually write things only during specific NPCs dialogues.

Nayr
June 11th, 2006, 23:32
Cool, I just want to know now while I am making up my character, are you using the traditional ability score count up (Using the dice) or another method? 'Cause I have seen different ones, and I don't want to make up this character with these scores and have them affect the different things I am using and then have to redo everything, and also, we starting at level one?

Hooray
June 12th, 2006, 01:43
Starting level is 1, I want to make sure players will feel the growing factor in power and fame terms and to do that I need them to be weak at the start.
As per the starting abilities rule I haven't any preference among the methods explained in the HB as long as it is the same for each players.
Until now I've found that the one that makes you throw 4 dices and take the best 3 scores is the one that adds more variety to the party, but if all players prefer to assign a given amount of ability points it's good as well.
I think I will throw a votation as long as I get enough players to start the campaign.

Nayr
June 12th, 2006, 01:46
Okay, all cool. Now we just need more people (T_T)

Nayr
June 12th, 2006, 01:52
Oh, one last question (hopefully) will our character sheets for the campaign have a notes section?

Hooray
June 12th, 2006, 04:25
If it is a feature I will be able to enable through the FG interface that is sure, but if it is something that needs to be modded in then I don't know.
Actually I already thought to look through FG files to find some good thing to mod in, but from past experience I know that coding can be a very long procedure and therefore I'd like to avoid that if not strictly necessary, I honestly prefer to spend my time adding cities and features to my world for now.

Prince Bertram
June 12th, 2006, 14:19
If you want an additional player I'd be happy to play in your game.

I am, however, in the United States (Time Zone: EST), but I do have a very flexible schedule that should work for what ever time you decide upon. If my time zone presents a problem (such as slow connection issues or some other issue) and it won't work for some reason that's fine.

As for a player character, I would be happy to play anything that would fit best with the adventuring party.

Thanks!

-Prince Bertram

Hooray
June 12th, 2006, 16:16
Additional infos here:

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/fumcomm/viewtopic.php?t=397

Prince Bertram you are -6 hours compared to my time so you shouldn't have any problems if you can play during your afternoon (sessions will be probably plaied in the GMT+1 evenings so you are GMT -5 both of us are using daylight saving setting the result is -6 in total that means that if we play at 9:00 PM it would be the 3:00 PM of your time).

The campaign is up on the official schedule if you sign up there I'll cast some voting for possible game times and we'll see the outcome among those who has signed up.

Nayr
June 14th, 2006, 18:16
Hey, how long do you think the game on wednesday will run? 'Cause I need to go to the library, and HOPEFULLY get a book that I have been trying to get for the past month (T_T), so I need that info so I can schedule a ride to the library and stuff. And could you tell me which race and which character class you want me to be.

Hooray
June 14th, 2006, 22:56
on wednesday we'll be creating characters so it shouldn't take that much.

The race and class of your character is up to you, I suggest you discuss this with the other players as soon as we'll get all connected.
As for my experience the more various is the party the better, but it should include at least 2 front line (good melee skill) classes especially at the very first levels.

Nayr
June 15th, 2006, 18:01
Good (@_@) 'cause I always need help with making my character inevitably.

Hooray
June 21st, 2006, 13:30
the game schedule is updated with the server alias we will be using today.

Hooray
June 27th, 2006, 21:24
D&D 3.5 (core rulebooks only) Kranaar campaign still needs more players.

More infos on:

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/fumc...opic.php?t=397 (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/fumc...opic.php?t=397)

First playing session will be on wednesday 27/6 9 PM CEST.

Also in the official FG campaigns schedule.

FiveSola
June 29th, 2006, 02:52
are you still needing players? I am on CST so I am -1 hour from EST so if EST is -5GMT does that make me -6GMT or -4GMT? I dont' know which way it is going :confused:

Hooray
June 29th, 2006, 06:56
The campaign is screwed together with my opprtunity to run again campaigns that involve the use of my public IP service thanks to someone that used the chance of my open IP address to get as many infos on my system as he could, mind that i had to reset the pw for my ISP to get access to my internet account again and now I will have to change any identificative thing in my comp probably periferals included, you would understand the campaign is the last of my worries now.