PDA

View Full Version : MiniGames: How do I allow players to roll hidden from each other?

Gix
August 27th, 2018, 16:04
I know about the dice tower. I don't want that.

The idea is I want players to be able to keep dice rolls hidden from each other (not the GM).

So for example a mini-game requires players to roll 2d20 and keep the results hidden till the end of the game.

Clearly I could dice tower and then whisper the results to them, but I'd rather not have all the added work around it.

It would be great if there were a key the players held down while they rolled for this.

Skillkoil
August 27th, 2018, 16:22
I am working on an extension to hold CTRL. SHIFT or ALT to roll skillchecks in the dice tower. If you want to have hidden rolls for your players themselves it will take a bit of coding to get this effect. There is no current way to hide a dice roll from everyone but the player that rolled it. You can only hide results period. You would still have to whisper or link the results.

**You could have them use a Random Dice Generator on a website somewhere and screenshot you on discord**

Nylanfs
August 27th, 2018, 17:22
How about making images with 2-40 on them and share the image with that player when they roll in the dice tower? You'd have to remember to clear the sharing of that at the end though.

st4lk3r87
August 27th, 2018, 18:08
I am working on an extension to hold CTRL. SHIFT or ALT to roll skillchecks in the dice tower.

How that will work?

Skillkoil
August 29th, 2018, 22:15
How that will work?

By coding in lua to modify FG's API so that I can combine Input.isCtrlPressed(), Input.isAltPressed() and Input.isShiftPressed(). WIth a Skill Check roll like Stealth, Perception etc.. and sent the result of that roll directly to the dice tower, instead of dragging the roll from the character sheet and dropping it in the Dice Tower.

st4lk3r87
August 29th, 2018, 22:32
By coding in lua to modify FG's API so that I can combine Input.isCtrlPressed(), Input.isAltPressed() and Input.isShiftPressed(). WIth a Skill Check roll like Stealth, Perception etc.. and sent the result of that roll directly to the dice tower, instead of dragging the roll from the character sheet and dropping it in the Dice Tower.
That sounds good! I'm probably willing to modify that code to apply ADV or DIS instead :)