PDA

View Full Version : 5e Bug Reports (Part 4)

Pages : [1] 2

Zacchaeus
August 26th, 2018, 15:33
Time to retire the old thread again. All issues reported in that thread (and any other previous thread) have been fixed. You can view the retired thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40461-5e-Bug-Reports-(Part-3)) and a list of updates to current modules can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34962-5e-Module-Updates). You can also find a list of Patch notes here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Please report all 5e related bug reports below. That is anything to do with the ruleset and any modules whether core (PHB, MM, DMG) or adventure or other modules.

Please give sufficient information in your report so that the bug can be easily traced or replicated.

Tielc
August 27th, 2018, 14:37
I'm not sure if this has been reported before.
When accessing the images and maps library. The Sword Coast Adventurers Guide lists the ampersand as &. Likewise, I've tried renaming this, and as soon as the campaign is reloaded it reverts back to this form. Please change this to DD like all of the other purchased D&D content. Consistency is King.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24467&stc=1&d=1535376833

Zacchaeus
August 27th, 2018, 15:25
Yes, it has been reported many times. I can't fix this; I need someone else to do something first. And there has been a slight hiccup in that department.

Gothstaff
August 31st, 2018, 03:19
I just noticed the sling shots (5) have incorrect weight: the 20 Sling shots are correctly 1.5 lbs, but the sling bullets (5) has incorrect weight, if it's 5 it should be 0.375, if it's one it should be 0.075 (like the x-bow bolts)
Thanks! you guys rule!

Zacchaeus
August 31st, 2018, 08:38
I thought all of that was fixed ages ag. I’ll have a look, thanks for pointing it out.

Gothstaff
August 31st, 2018, 14:28
Hello yet again,
the Ball Bearings have incorrect price value: in the PHB only the 1,000 ball bearings are meantioned for 1GP, in FG you have correctly the 1000 version, but the for the 100 count you have it for 1cp, shouldn't it be 1sp (or 10 cp)?

I'm scrutinizing the items given they are of importance on my campaign and while I don't use FG online I'm using it with my players on a screen or for my own fast search purposes.

on a related note, why do you have an option of 100 ball bearings? as per the PHB 1000 ball bearings covers 10 square feet, it does not say anything about 100 bearings, (I would assume the area covered is so small it's almost useless unlesss you use 1000 as per the PHB)

Zacchaeus
August 31st, 2018, 15:15
I don't know why Ball Bearings are included in a quantity of 100. So I've removed it. I've updated the weights mentioned in your post above and the other one; expect a revised PHB soon - possibly in Tuesday's update.

Incidentally I don't know why Sling bullets are in a quantity of 5 either, but I've left those as they are since that would require me to also revise the DMG (since magic items rely on equipment output from the PHB) and also many, many modules where magic sling bullets might appear.

Myrdin Potter
September 1st, 2018, 16:58
The countermeasures entry in Fiery Blast Trap in the DMG does not appear to be complete.

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2018, 19:21
The countermeasures entry in Fiery Blast Trap in the DMG does not appear to be complete.

There is no fiery Blast Trap in the DMG; you really mean Xanathar's Guide to Everything don't you? And yes there is a bit missing. Noted for fixing.

marcusrife
September 6th, 2018, 16:00
I noticed the Rage feature in all of the books PHB, SCAG, XGTE has incorrect text. I am providing an image and highlighting the incorrect text. It should say: If you are able to cast spells, you can't cast them OR CONCENTRATE ON THEM while raging.24564

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2018, 17:48
So it should, thanks for pointing that out. Added to the fix list.

Paperclipkiller
September 8th, 2018, 03:44
This is all for Dragon Heist.

Durnan has a weapon called a Double Crossbow that is not in the weapon list. It is a unique weapon with 60/240 range and 2d10 damage. I dunno if you guys would add it since it is not listed as separate equipment but I thought to mention is just in case. He also has a named Sword of Sharpness, although I get that not being added since it doesn't have unique properties. I think they both should be in the magic item section?

Knave's eye patch, Ring of Truth telling, Feather of diatryma summoning and Bracer of Flying daggers are not added and are unique items.

Jarlaxle's magic items of +3 leather armor, hat of disguise, cloak of invisibility, +3 Rapier and a portable hole are not in the Magic Items list.

Laeral Silverhands Robe of the Archmagi and Flametongue longsword are not in the magic items list.

Manshoon also has a Robe of the Archmagi not listed, as well as a Staff of Power.

Xanathar's Ring of Invisibility, Ring of Ming Shielding and Ring of Resistance (Force) are not in the list.

The Blackstaff, Azuredge, Badge of the Watch, and Lord's Ensemble are not in the magic items list.

Victoro Cassalanter's Ring of Protection, Glamoured studded leather and Rod of Rulership are not in the list.

Mirt's Bracers of Defence, Ring of Regeneration, and a +1 longsword.

There may be more NPC's with magic items, I was just skimming for the ones I knew were important.

Edit: The Diving Suit (under adventuring gear) is mentioned to have a fishbowl helmet that functions as a Cap of Waterbreathing. Cap of Waterbreathing needs to be added to the magic items list.

This one isn't necessarily a magic item, but just in case: The Dream Nullifier mentioned in 05.04.20 X20. Dream Nullifier is kind of a magic item. Since it isn't certain what it does, maybe just put it under equipment with the description saying what it does for the Xanathar?

A Silvered Warhammer is mentioned in 04.18.17 but it is not under Weapons in Equipment.

02.06 T6. Book Wyrm's Treasure mentions how every spell for sale can be a spell scroll. Would these be added to the magic items list?

02.04 T4. Corellon's Crown is selling a Potion of Animal Friendship and a Potion of Climbing not listen in the magic items section.

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2018, 10:43
I considered that all of the magic items that you have listed belong to NPCs which the characters are never going to best (or even attack really) at level 5; so I never made parcels for them. However you aren't the first to mention this (it's been mentioned on Discord too), so I'll add the magic items in.

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2018, 18:59
I considered that all of the magic items that you have listed belong to NPCs which the characters are never going to best (or even attack really) at level 5; so I never made parcels for them. However you aren't the first to mention this (it's been mentioned on Discord too), so I'll add the magic items in.
Thanks. The way I think if it is not just in terms of running the adventure as is, but re-using the content and continuing to use it as a base for a longer running campaign :)

lasmela
September 9th, 2018, 10:01
The reference module of dragon heist within the chapter 2 Level Advancement has the wrong text. It seems that it's using the Level Advancement of Chapter 3.

astromath
September 9th, 2018, 14:14
Dragon Heist
Story 0.02 Pronunciation Guide

The Name and Pronunciation column headers appear a second time between the rows for Margo Verida and Marro Qaz'arrt.

Suggestions: 1 (easiest to do): Just remove that row. or 2: Create a 4 column table like the one in the book.

I prefer suggestion 2 because it matches the book.

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2018, 15:45
Indeed, it is. Fixed and expect an update soon

astromath
September 9th, 2018, 20:44
Dragon Heist.

Complaint: It took me several hours to find the handouts from Appendix C, even using the search function.
Suggestion: Add a story element for Appendix C and put the links to the handouts there.

astromath
September 9th, 2018, 21:08
Dragon Heist.

Noticed something. Adding apprentice mage to combat tracker codes the dagger as [M]... [R]... Adding Banibus Blastwind to the combat tracker only codes the dagger as [R]... It seems to be the way the attack is worded. This happens for any NPC that has an attack that begins "Melee or Ranged Attack".
Suggestion: To make the melee or ranged attack to be coded correctly on the combat tracker, change all "Melee or Ranged Attack" to the way it is worded in the apprentice mage.

P.S. All previous modules have the same problem with "Melee or Ranged Attack". They are all coded [R]... instead of [M]... [R]...

EDIT:
Missing NPCs:
City Guard Lieutenant
City Watch Lieutenant

EDIT 2:
Istrid Horn
The Action heading is missing and the actions are listed under the Trait heading.

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2018, 22:15
Noted. I'll try to get these into Tuesday's update as well.

I thought I'd caught all of the Melee or ranged ones but I clearly missed Barnibus. The lieutenants are the same as Captains so I didn't bother creating an NPC for something that was just a change in name. I don't think the text ever has a lieutenant show up. In fact most times it doesn't actually say what the rank is but rather just says guards or veterans.

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2018, 22:17
Dragon Heist.

Complaint: It took me several hours to find the handouts from Appendix C, even using the search function.
Suggestion: Add a story element for Appendix C and put the links to the handouts there.

Appendix C is linked in the reference section and in the (Contents) story entry - which is the first entry in the story menu.

astromath
September 9th, 2018, 22:18
Appendix C is linked in the reference section and in the (Contents) story entry - which is the first entry in the story menu.

That was one place I never looked. Doh.

astromath
September 9th, 2018, 22:44
Dragon Heist.

Remallia Haventree: Dagger has not been separated between Melee and Ranged attacks.
Her Spellcasting trait also includes the DC and attack modifiers. Just mentioning this for consistency with other spellcasting traits of other spellcaster write-ups.

EDIT:
Thorvin Twinbeard is supposed to have an Intelligence of 16, not Wisdom.
Yalah Gralhund is supposed to have an Intelligence of 16, not Wisdom.

astromath
September 9th, 2018, 23:02
Dragon Heist.

Not a bug or error. Just an opinion: I love the DM crib sheet. I just wish you had crib sheets for all the previous modules.

astromath
September 9th, 2018, 23:15
Dragon Heist.

The NPC Lif is the poltergeist variant of the specter and CR and additional trait and replacement actions should reflect that.

Zacchaeus
September 10th, 2018, 07:29
Thanks @astromath; I've updated all of the above. Hopefully there will be an update tomorrow.

astromath
September 11th, 2018, 13:15
Lost Mine of Phandelver

NPCs:
Doppleganger
Vhalak
Vyerith
Problem: All three have their Shortsword action merged with their Multiattack action.

Glasstaff (evil mage)
Suggestion: AC should read:
12 (13 staff of defense, 15 mage armor)

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2018, 14:13
Noted

mattekure
September 12th, 2018, 17:09
The Decal extensions for PHB and Monster Manual seem to have an extra space in their name.

Zacchaeus
September 12th, 2018, 17:41
The Decal extensions for PHB and Monster Manual seem to have an extra space in their name.

Also Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Lost Mine of Phandelver and Rise of Tiamat. Other than aesthetics it doesn't affect them in any way.

mattekure
September 12th, 2018, 17:43
I dont own those others yet, so I didnt see them:)

rob2e
September 13th, 2018, 19:33
The snare spell in Xanathar's has the spell components line split. Some of it appears in the spell description.

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2018, 19:50
Noted

ianricks58
September 23rd, 2018, 15:18
Is this the place to report mistakes for modules other than Wizards of the Coast modules? If so, I have noticed an issue in the Book of the Righteous published by Green Ronin:

In the paladin class, under each of the oath pacts each oath pact links for oath spell points to the spells for the oath of perfection

Zacchaeus
September 23rd, 2018, 15:33
Is this the place to report mistakes for modules other than Wizards of the Coast modules? If so, I have noticed an issue in the Book of the Righteous published by Green Ronin:

In the paladin class, under each of the oath pacts each oath pact links for oath spell points to the spells for the oath of perfection

If it's for 5e this is the correct place.

And since I converted that module I know who to talk to to get that fixed :)

Thanks for reporting

cd8dman
September 24th, 2018, 00:30
I'm having an issue where none of the characters on maps are displaying the health, either tiered or standard. I can see them on the CT but not on a map with either status or detailed. I have tried clearing the map of all tokens. Unsharing and resharing the map. Then adding the tokens back from the combat tracker. No luck.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug.

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2018, 00:49
Make sure that you drag the tokens from the combat tracker to the map. This creates the linkage between the token and the creature record.

If that’s not the issue, then check the Combat options for tokens to make sure the health indicators are enabled for tokens.

Lastly, try closing your campaign, disabling all extensions in the launch screen for your campaign and restart your campaign.

Regards,
JPG

lostsanityreturned
September 24th, 2018, 22:59
Issue with a few tables from Xanathars Guide to Everything

For each of the following tables all item links are broken and create blank uneditable (or deletable) "new item" entries. The original items are still accessible via manual item searches.

- Major Items, Uncommon
- Minor Items, Legendary
- Minor Items, Very Rare

All of the other magic item tables work fine. I have tested this with a fresh campaign.

Zacchaeus
September 25th, 2018, 00:10
Issue with a few tables from Xanathars Guide to Everything

For each of the following tables all item links are broken and create blank uneditable (or deletable) "new item" entries. The original items are still accessible via manual item searches.

- Major Items, Uncommon
- Minor Items, Legendary
- Minor Items, Very Rare

All of the other magic item tables work fine. I have tested this with a fresh campaign.

How the hell did that slide through. Thanks for reporting

ghostfire
October 1st, 2018, 06:21
Potential issue with spell scrolls - I'm currently playing a celestial warlock. Last night the party got several scrolls, including cure wounds and guiding bolt, both of which I already have as spells, but Warlock (Celestial) isn't listed in the classes that can use the scrolls. We also got Faerie Fire which correctly works for and lists Warlock (Archfey) and Command for Warlock (Fiend), since those are on their expanded spell lists. I suspect but can't prove that Warlock (Celestial) and potentially Warlock (Hexblade) haven't been added to scrolls accessible to their expanded spell lists.

Zacchaeus
October 1st, 2018, 10:46
HI, ghostfire, welcome to FG.

The issue here is that the spell list used to create scrolls is taken from the PHB only and only classes from the PHB are listed on the spells 'source'. In order to create a complete list of all of the 'sources' who can use a spell it would be necessary to consolidate the spell list to include class archetypes (and spells) which are not found in the PHB and that would breach copyright. So, as it stands, I can't add the archetypes found outside the PHB to the spells in the PHB (or anywhere else).

mattekure
October 5th, 2018, 12:04
The players handbook reference manual section for feats has a sentence that shouldnt be there. The first paragraph, last sentence reads "See chapter 6 of the Player's Handbook for more information" The sentence does not appear in my physical copy and only makes sense as part of the SRD, where feats are mostly not included.

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2018, 14:50
How odd, I'll note to remove it.

justenrules
October 6th, 2018, 08:56
In the 'Demon Cults and Secret Societies' module the oath of the crawling beyond paladin seems to have a link to the infernal oath paladin's channel divinities from the same module, rather than the subclass linking to its own channel divinity options. After looking into the class abilities the oath of the crawling beyond channel divinities aren't even entered in the module, as opposed to the link just being incorrectly placed.

Zacchaeus
October 6th, 2018, 10:41
In the 'Demon Cults and Secret Societies' module the oath of the crawling beyond paladin seems to have a link to the infernal oath paladin's channel divinities from the same module, rather than the subclass linking to its own channel divinity options. After looking into the class abilities the oath of the crawling beyond channel divinities aren't even entered in the module, as opposed to the link just being incorrectly placed.

Yep, that's because I forgot to name the Channel Divinities with unique names so whatever one is last on the list is the one that's picked for all of the archetypes. I'll get a fix for this out ASAP.

Xemit
October 12th, 2018, 23:41
NPC with Innate Spellcasting and the list of spells is not auto filling the tables in spells.

For example, Prismatic Spray shows:

<linklist>
<link class="table" recordname="tables.tab_prismaticsprayeffect@*"Prismatic Spray Effect</link>
</linklist>

The Teleport spell also does this.

Also, this particular NPC has Eldritch Blast (17th level) as an Innate Spell At Will, but the auto fill just shows this as level 0. Is there some way to make it show the "17"for level?

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2018, 00:13
Yes, the spell area doesn’t accept formatted text hence the reason tables don’t come out too well. And no there isn’t a way to parse the 17th level bit.

iotech
October 13th, 2018, 01:21
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Campaign Guide, Chapter 1, A Brief History, The Present Age: The text of the entire section is there twice.

Zacchaeus
October 13th, 2018, 11:05
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Campaign Guide, Chapter 1, A Brief History, The Present Age: The text of the entire section is there twice.

Not just that section, but a lot more besides. Noted for fixing.

viviolay
October 14th, 2018, 21:35
Hi - thanks again for the help. I noticed a couple things - unsure if they are bugs but am reporting.

1) I noticed the cleric spell list in Xanathar's when you go under the class features only has PHB spells and not a list of both PHB + Xanathars.
This actually was reported by another user in August in a different forum - wasn't sure if it slipped back under the radar or is intentional?

2) Sacred Statue from Mordekainens has a 0 CR when I'm pretty sure it's much higher.

3) I'm not sure if 3rd party 5e materials also get reported here, but the Tome of Beast Monster "Zanskaran Viper" is listed as CR 1 but has 100 xp, while CR 1 monsters have 200 xp.

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2018, 22:17
The Cleric spell list in Xanathar only shows the spells which appear in Xanathar's guide. Those from the PHB cannot be included because they are different products. The same applies to the spell list in the PHB; it can't include spells from other sources since each has it's own associated copyright.

The Sacred statue is correct at CR 0 since it is something which is under the control of an Eidolon (see the Eidolon NPC for details). Thus the statue has no CR or XP of its own; that's included in the Eidolon stat block.

I'll take a note and look into the Viper from ToB. I'll need to check whether it's the CR or the XP that's wrong.

viviolay
October 14th, 2018, 23:14
The Cleric spell list in Xanathar only shows the spells which appear in Xanathar's guide. Those from the PHB cannot be included because they are different products. The same applies to the spell list in the PHB; it can't include spells from other sources since each has it's own associated copyright.

The Sacred statue is correct at CR 0 since it is something which is under the control of an Eidolon (see the Eidolon NPC for details). Thus the statue has no CR or XP of its own; that's included in the Eidolon stat block.

I'll take a note and look into the Viper from ToB. I'll need to check whether it's the CR or the XP that's wrong.

I understand. What I'm saying is that when I click on the cleric class that is sourced from Xanathars and go to spell casting then cleric spells - I don't get the new xanathar spells in the list, only the phb old spells. I'm not sure if you're saying that it is intentional or if I'm suppose to get the xanathar's list when I click the xanathar version of the cleric class.
I had to open the reference manual and find a link to the new spells.

I went back and did a bit of experimenting and notice that in the Player's version of Xanathars module do I have this problem. In the dm/regular version, the correct spells sourced from xanathars shows up for me. Oddly enough on my desktop, I don't have a link for Cleric Spells at all when I open the spellcasting feature of the cleric class (no extensions active except 5e wizards theme and a decal) while on my laptop(a lot of extensions) I have a link that goes to the phb cleric spells.

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2018, 23:56
Both the PHB Cleric and the Xanathar Cleric have links to Cleric spells but I see your issue in that the DM version does come up with the Xanathar list but the player version doesn't. I'm not entirely sure why that is since the only difference between the two modules is that one is a player module and the other a DM one. All the internals are the same.

The best way to see the spells for any class (since all of the spellcasting classes will have the same issue) is to use the filters at the bottom of the spell dialog. If you filter by source you will see a complete list of all Cleric spells combining all of the sources you have open. You can further refine the filter by spell level. My initial reading was that you were looking for a combined list from the library which will only show the spells that are in that library either Xanathar's or the PHB. I should probably just remove the spell list links from Xanathar since as you have noted it isn't really helpful to have only one source pop open no matter which one it is.

Xemit
October 15th, 2018, 16:32
I know the various source books each have their own copyright, but can't the software be smart enough to include all opened resources of the same type in a dialog list (spells, equipment)?

This is something that new users would expect from an automated VTT program. I've been here long enough to know this isn't true and work around it, but it sure is inconvenient.

When an NPC is opened, the spell details are included from all open resources, so there is 'some' premise that this could be done. If a user only wants the components from the one resource, then they can choose to filter to one source, just like in the main component dialogs.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2018, 18:49
I know the various source books each have their own copyright, but can't the software be smart enough to include all opened resources of the same type in a dialog list (spells, equipment)?

The dialogs already do that but links don't at the moment. It would be good if it did and I'm sure it is on a list somewhere but I suspect that resources are all being focused on Unity atm so I don't expect anything to change in the meantime.

astromath
October 15th, 2018, 20:55
Re: Tomb of Beasts

The CR/XP is definitely wrong. I proofread the product (after it was published) and sent in a whole slew of errors and suggestions. They should be producing a 2nd printing with the new updates soon. Probably you should wait until then.

P.S. I was told by the publisher I will be credited in the 2nd printing as a proofreader.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2018, 21:39
Thanks astromath, I'll do that. Let me know if you see errata coming out anywhere.

LordEntrails
October 15th, 2018, 22:57
Re: Tomb of Beasts

The CR/XP is definitely wrong. I proofread the product (after it was published) and sent in a whole slew of errors and suggestions. They should be producing a 2nd printing with the new updates soon. Probably you should wait until then.

P.S. I was told by the publisher I will be credited in the 2nd printing as a proofreader.
Nice work. A little disconcerting that anyone was able to find that much that needed updating.

Zacchaeus
October 15th, 2018, 23:50
Nice work. A little disconcerting that anyone was able to find that much that needed updating.
You have seen astromaths bug reports right? :)

astromath
October 16th, 2018, 02:59
The other day I found in Out of the Abyss text supposed to be read not "boxed" to be read. I don't remember where now, but I'll report where when I find it again. I think it was someplace in Blingdenstone, but not positive.

Xemit
October 16th, 2018, 03:03
FYI - Tome of Beasts: The publisher has available on their web site an errata for first print edition and one for second print edition. My recently purchased hard copy (about two weeks ago) matches all the corrected content showing in the second print errata, making my copy a third printing. According to the publisher, the edition/printing is supposed to be indicated on page three, however the ISBN plate has no indication that it may be a different edition. That or I'm blind.

Wish this was more clearly indicated.

One thing, this module opens in the category of "Supplements", whereas every other one I've seen is singular "Supplement".

Also quickly checked the FG version against the third printing errata, and the FG version is not up to date.

LordEntrails
October 16th, 2018, 03:30
According to the publisher, the edition/printing is supposed to be indicated on page three, however the ISBN plate has no indication that it may be a different edition. That or I'm blind.
Is the printer's key not used/updated correctly? I always thought it was a strange way to tell which printing a book is, but its supposed to be what they use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer%27s_key

Xemit
October 16th, 2018, 05:40
Thanks for the link, I never knew what that line of numbers actually meant (the printer's key). For my copy it is "6 8 10 9 7 5", which decodes to fifth printing.

Xemit
October 24th, 2018, 19:03
Found a few Module Categories in the library that are not consistent:

D&D AL Rrakkma : Adventure => Adventure League
DD LA - Talon of Umberlee : Adventure => Lair Assault
DD Forge of the Dawn Titan : Lair Assualt => Lair Assault

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2018, 19:25
Found a few Module Categories in the library that are not consistent:

D&D AL Rrakkma : Adventure => Adventure League
DD LA - Talon of Umberlee : Adventure => Lair Assault
DD Forge of the Dawn Titan : Lair Assualt => Lair Assault

Noted

Ninito
October 27th, 2018, 06:28
Recently i bought Kobold Press' Creature Codex (A fantastic supplement, check it out if you haven't yet) and i have been using it for some time. On my last session however, i noticed there were a few issues with some monsters. A few seemingly random monsters have their first trait's description as "null Languages".

For example, the Grave Behemoth's first trait is called "Multiplying". It's description reads "null Languages" (which is obviously an error). This same problem can be seen in a number of other monsters, such as: Mold Zombie, Undead Phoenix, Cats Of Ulthar and many others. Additionally, one thing i've noticed is that all the traits who display "null Languages" are the first ones.

Has anyone else found this issue? If so, did you manage to fix it? How?
And if this issue is widespread can we get devs to look in to the issue?

Edit: Just found out that on the very second image on the Creature Codex steam page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/954800/Fantasy_Grounds__Creature_Codex_5E/) The "null Languages" issue be seen in the Ruby Ooze's Pseudopod trait.

Moderator: Moved to the 5e Bugs

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2018, 09:38
I'll make sure that the developer for this one is informed. Thanks for reporting.

rob2e
October 27th, 2018, 18:20
Recently i bought Kobold Press' Creature Codex (A fantastic supplement, check it out if you haven't yet) and i have been using it for some time. On my last session however, i noticed there were a few issues with some monsters. A few seemingly random monsters have their first trait's description as "null Languages".

For example, the Grave Behemoth's first trait is called "Multiplying". It's description reads "null Languages" (which is obviously an error). This same problem can be seen in a number of other monsters, such as: Mold Zombie, Undead Phoenix, Cats Of Ulthar and many others. Additionally, one thing i've noticed is that all the traits who display "null Languages" are the first ones.

Has anyone else found this issue? If so, did you manage to fix it? How?
And if this issue is widespread can we get devs to look in to the issue?

Edit: Just found out that on the very second image on the Creature Codex steam page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/954800/Fantasy_Grounds__Creature_Codex_5E/) The "null Languages" issue be seen in the Ruby Ooze's Pseudopod trait.

Moderator: Moved to the 5e Bugs

That is a result of 2 things...

1) Kobold Press omitting the "-" in the Languages
2) Me not catching that when I converted it.

On the mend as we speak... Look for the fix in the next update.

LordEntrails
November 9th, 2018, 02:52
Monster Manual:
Iron Golem
hit points are listed as "210 (20d10 + 10 0)"
(incorrect space in the 100)

Paperclipkiller
November 9th, 2018, 22:16
This may not be a bug, but it is different from the rest of the modules quite a bit so I am mentioning it just in case. All of the adventures from "Tales from the Yawning Portal" have all the items found in each adventure in an "items" section. Every other module has a Magic Items section and an Equipment section that further breaks down into more sections like Weapon, Armor, etc.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2018, 22:28
This may not be a bug, but it is different from the rest of the modules quite a bit so I am mentioning it just in case. All of the adventures from "Tales from the Yawning Portal" have all the items found in each adventure in an "items" section. Every other module has a Magic Items section and an Equipment section that further breaks down into more sections like Weapon, Armor, etc.

I'm seeing a breakdown in the TYP modules just as you suggest.

Paperclipkiller
November 9th, 2018, 22:39
Ahh it seems correct there, but not in the "Library". I should of been more specific.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2018, 23:08
Ahh it seems correct there, but not in the "Library". I should of been more specific.

Indeed. The TYP nodules were created in FG rather than using the parsing tool so there's no separate library listings for items; they are all in one list.

lostsanityreturned
November 13th, 2018, 09:48
Tomb of Annihilation

2.50 Wreck of the Star Goddess

Second paragraph under the "crash survivors title" states

"As a result, all the NPCs have 4 levels of exhaustion"

Every npc has an trait called "Exhausted" stating
"The crewman is suffering 5 levels of exhaustion. "

5 levels meaning they cannot move at all.

Zacchaeus
November 13th, 2018, 10:45
Noted

marcusrife
November 13th, 2018, 23:07
I saw you got around to fixing the wording on the Barbarian rage feature in the PHB. Unfortunately it is still incorrect in SCAG and XGE.

Zacchaeus
November 14th, 2018, 01:35
I saw you got around to fixing the wording on the Barbarian rage feature in the PHB. Unfortunately it is still incorrect in SCAG and XGE.
Yeah, i’ll get there.

Artiston
November 14th, 2018, 23:05
When rolling the Deck of Secrets on the adventure Dungeon of the Mad Mage (D&D 5e), the Gith Who's Coming to Dinner shows an image of the Giths, not the actual text card.

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2018, 00:18
Aha. Two images with the same name I suspect. Thanks for reporting and welcome to the forums.

LordEntrails
November 16th, 2018, 20:56
New errata available.
PHB; https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/PH-Errata.pdf
MM; https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/MM-Errata.pdf
DMG; https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/DMG-Errata.pdf

Zacchaeus
November 16th, 2018, 21:49
Thanks LE, I'll get onto those right away.

LordEntrails
November 17th, 2018, 16:50
New errata available.
PHB; https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/PH-Errata.pdf
MM; https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/MM-Errata.pdf
DMG; https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/DMG-Errata.pdf
Hold on, those are the wrong links... (I copied fromENWorld post).

PHB is here; https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/PH-Errata.pdf
MM; https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/MM-Errata.pdf
DMG; https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/DMG-Errata.pdf

Sorry, I should have verified it myself first.

Sapper3400
November 18th, 2018, 04:01
Perhaps it is operator error, as it most often is for me, however, I figure this would be a place to get the answer. During combat, PC targets NPC and rolls attack within the tower. This method does not automatically attach to the targeted NPC, I have to manually perform this function. Did I not put in a correct option or is this how it is built for FG?

LordEntrails
November 18th, 2018, 04:09
Perhaps it is operator error, as it most often is for me, however, I figure this would be a place to get the answer. During combat, PC targets NPC and rolls attack within the tower. This method does not automatically attach to the targeted NPC, I have to manually perform this function. Did I not put in a correct option or is this how it is built for FG?
Hey Sapper3400, welcome to the forums

Did you add the NPC to the combat tracker and from the CT to the map? And did you add the PCs to the CT from the top left icons?

Sapper3400
November 18th, 2018, 04:43
Hey Sapper3400, welcome to the forums

Did you add the NPC to the combat tracker and from the CT to the map? And did you add the PCs to the CT from the top left icons?

I did add the NPC to the combat tracker and from the CT to the map, I am having no issues with the NPC's attack and damage auto applying. I am not sure how I added the PC to the CT, I will clear the CT on the next session and add the PC to the CT as you suggest and I will get back on that... unfortunately it will be two weeks before I have another session scheduled.

LordEntrails
November 18th, 2018, 05:17
I did add the NPC to the combat tracker and from the CT to the map, I am having no issues with the NPC's attack and damage auto applying. I am not sure how I added the PC to the CT, I will clear the CT on the next session and add the PC to the CT as you suggest and I will get back on that... unfortunately it will be two weeks before I have another session scheduled.
If you do discord, jump on the FG or the FG College discord and see if anyone has time to test it out with you. Odds are, if you hang out for 30 minutes or so you'll probably find someone most days and times who will help.

Sapper3400
November 18th, 2018, 05:23
If you do discord, jump on the FG or the FG College discord and see if anyone has time to test it out with you. Odds are, if you hang out for 30 minutes or so you'll probably find someone most days and times who will help.

That is a good idea, thank you for the advice! (Yes, I do have Discord and a member, low end, of FGC)

Zacchaeus
November 18th, 2018, 11:16

The dice tower isn't intended for attack and damage rolls - those won't 'attach' as you say to the target. The dice tower is used when you want the PC (or the DM if they have show DM rolls turned on) to make a saving throw, ability check or skill check (or any otyher kind of roll) and you wish the roll to be hidden. If you don't want players to see the results of attack rolls then switch the option Show DM rolls to off and/or show results to clients and/or show roll totals. Play with those options until you get the results you want.

LordEntrails
November 18th, 2018, 16:47
The dice tower isn't intended for attack and damage rolls - those won't 'attach' as you say to the target. The dice tower is used when you want the PC (or the DM if they have show DM rolls turned on) to make a saving throw, ability check or skill check (or any otyher kind of roll) and you wish the roll to be hidden. If you don't want players to see the results of attack rolls then switch the option Show DM rolls to off and/or show results to clients and/or show roll totals. Play with those options until you get the results you want.
Good catch, I missed the part about the rolls being done in the tower!

astromath
November 19th, 2018, 17:38
Re: Dragon Heist

NPCs: Allowsaurus, Bandit Captain

Problem: No icon in the upper right corner of the NPC window.

NPC: All traps and hazards

Shouldn't their actions be a reaction instead? Reason: Actions are taken on the NPC's turn, where reactions are taken on other creatures' turns.

NPC: Carnie

Problem: The trait is all messed up. It shouldn't be there if it is based on a human commoner.

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2018, 18:38
Noted.

I get what you are saying about traps and hazards but does it matter? They are there to make life easier for the DM to deal damage and apply effects if/when the trap is sprung. They aren't proper NPCs with initiative or turns or any of the other rules that would apply to actions or anything like that - they are just a convenience. So whether the actions are actions or reactions I don't really see making a difference.

LordEntrails
November 21st, 2018, 20:25
Noted.

I get what you are saying about traps and hazards but does it matter? They are there to make life easier for the DM to deal damage and apply effects if/when the trap is sprung. They aren't proper NPCs with initiative or turns or any of the other rules that would apply to actions or anything like that - they are just a convenience. So whether the actions are actions or reactions I don't really see making a difference.
I have to admit I have not been consistent with how I set them up either. I try and remember to make them reactions, but *shrug* they show up on the CT where I can click on them so as the DM it doesn't make a difference.

Probably better to make them reactions, but agreee with Mr Z that I see no impact doing it wither way. Maybe I (we) are missing something?

astromath
November 22nd, 2018, 15:08
Maybe this should go to the suggestion thread: Is there any way to make traps/hazards NOT roll initiative with all the other NPCs?

Zacchaeus
November 22nd, 2018, 16:04
Not that I can think of, no. They could be placed on the CT after initiative is rolled for the other NPCs of course, or you could make them friendly before initiative is rolled and then revert them to unfriendly, but there's not neat way to prevent them from rolling initiative just like any other NPC.

Xemit
November 22nd, 2018, 16:53
Maybe a third type of actor for the CT is more appropriate?

We can either re-use NPC type actors and live with traps behaving differently than an actual NPC, or FG can add a third category of actor that specializes in these trap/environmental actors.

LordEntrails
November 30th, 2018, 04:00
There is an inconsistency in the capitalization of "Wondrous Item" objects that cause their to be two entries in the item pull down list; "Wondrous item" & "Wondrous Item"

I believe the capital I should be the correct format, but consistency would be appreciated :) (I'm just doing a find/replace all in the db.xml file before exporting to a module, but root solution would be appreciated.)

I know this issue exists in DMG items, and suspect it might in others.

rob2e
November 30th, 2018, 04:05
There is an inconsistency in the capitalization of "Wondrous Item" objects that cause their to be two entries in the item pull down list; "Wondrous item" & "Wondrous Item"

I believe the capital I should be the correct format, but consistency would be appreciated :) (I'm just doing a find/replace all in the db.xml file before exporting to a module, but root solution would be appreciated.)

I know this issue exists in DMG items, and suspect it might in others.

I've seen this, from developing WotC titles, oddly FG does want the small "i". A person would tend to think it would be "Wondrous Item" but FG want's "Wondrous item" and I think that's the way it is in the WotC books. ???

Myrdin Potter
November 30th, 2018, 04:46
DMG is small i.

LordEntrails
November 30th, 2018, 04:52
I'm good either way, just one-way :)

Zacchaeus
November 30th, 2018, 09:14
Ok, I'm going to need more. I've been through all of the WotC DLC and I don't see a single instance of Wondrous item appearing on the items pull down list. I've also checked the DMG since you particularly mentioned it and all of the wondrous items are consistent in that volume and the pull down list shows only 'Wondrous Item'. There was an issue a good while ago with one module I think which had various misspellings of Wondrous but those were fixed a long time ago. As Rob2e mentioned above anything created in par5e requires the item to be spelled 'item' in order for it to work; but the output is capitalized. All of the items in the DMG are spelled Wondrous Item.

LordEntrails
November 30th, 2018, 19:33
Ok, I'm going to need more. I've been through all of the WotC DLC and I don't see a single instance of Wondrous item appearing on the items pull down list. I've also checked the DMG since you particularly mentioned it and all of the wondrous items are consistent in that volume and the pull down list shows only 'Wondrous Item'. There was an issue a good while ago with one module I think which had various misspellings of Wondrous but those were fixed a long time ago. As Rob2e mentioned above anything created in par5e requires the item to be spelled 'item' in order for it to work; but the output is capitalized. All of the items in the DMG are spelled Wondrous Item.
Huh... I can not reproduce with a new 5E campaign. I was looking at the Alchemy Jug from DMG. But in a new campaign it looks fine. The campaign I was working in has been around a long time so maybe it it a remnant of the earlier issue.

Assume the issue closed. If I can reproduce it and figure it out I will be back (thought I had, but...)

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2018, 21:11
Try reverting that record in that campaign. Maybe it had been considered modified, and saved a previous value in that field. I thought I remember that I requested a normalization of the field values quite awhile ago.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
November 30th, 2018, 21:28
Try reverting that record in that campaign. Maybe it had been considered modified, and saved a previous value in that field. I thought I remember that I requested a normalization if the field values quite awhile ago.

Regards,
JPG
Yea, It looks like I had duplicated the record (for module export) during that previous period and so they were inconsistent. I fixed it via Find/Replace in the XML and unloaded all the modules so I suspect that reverted it because if I load them know its not an issue.

Thanks all, and sorry for the fire drill :)

shaermon
December 1st, 2018, 16:02
Trying to create Tortle Monk. Using D&D Player's Handbook and The Tortle Package.

Currently: AC is calculated as 17+wis-modifier. Tested with 8 dex and 16 wis. Meaning I got 20 AC.
Should be: 17 or monk's unarmored defense (10+dexmod+wismod), whichever is higher.

Zacchaeus
December 1st, 2018, 16:46
Hi shaermon welcome to FG.

Indeed the automatic AC calculation won’t calculate such edge cases correctly. You’ll need to adjust things manually.

tstory30
December 1st, 2018, 21:36
Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica

Feature: Izzet Guild Spells

1) #ts & #te

Reference Guide

1) Under Izzet League, Chaos Bolt has some syntax error as it shows up fine for the actual spell
#wb;table;Spell: Chaos Bolt;Table: Chaos Bolt

Zacchaeus
December 1st, 2018, 21:54
Noted, thanks for reporting.

Forecaster
December 3rd, 2018, 21:59
The 9th level spell Shapechange has a stray space in "one without any c lass levels" in the SRD Data set.

Zacchaeus
December 3rd, 2018, 22:05

tstory30
December 4th, 2018, 18:12
In Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica,

Chapter 4: Creating Adventures main page is missing the T from "This" (very first word)

slitherrr
December 9th, 2018, 18:08
In the inventory tab of the character sheet, the container section for each line is not case-sensitive when determining visual grouping, but it is case-sensitive when determining when grouping the changes in equipped/carried/not carried status of the container, which is a pretty confusing UX.

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2018, 20:48
In the inventory tab of the character sheet, the container section for each line is not case-sensitive when determining visual grouping, but it is case-sensitive when determining when grouping the changes in equipped/carried/not carried status of the container, which is a pretty confusing UX.

I'm not sure I understand. To place something in a container you must obviously type in the correct container name and as you say it is case sensitive. I don't understand your second point. Determining if something is carries/ equipped etc is a toggle and I don't see where case sensitivity comes into that. Can you maybe post a screenshot of what you mean.

ReverendJ
December 12th, 2018, 16:12
Brown & Black Bear got a buff to their attack bonus in the recent errata - this was applied to the PHB bears but appears to have been missed from the Basic Rules versions

Zacchaeus
December 12th, 2018, 16:13
Brown & Black Bear got a buff to their attack bonus in the recent errata - this was applied to the PHB bears but appears to have been missed from the Basic Rules versions

Yep I haven't got around to updating the basic rules or the SRD yet. Coming soon :)

mshall
December 15th, 2018, 23:54
When dragging and dropping the Hex spell from 5e D&D Players Handbook -- the created coding includes [ROLL] which causes it to expend on next roll. Expend should be Never (until duration).

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2018, 00:09
When dragging and dropping the Hex spell from 5e D&D Players Handbook -- the created coding includes [ROLL] which causes it to expend on next roll. Expend should be Never (until duration).

Difficult one this. This effect isn’t created by the parser but rather it is hard coded. I think it should be removed after each hit since the way that it is set up if it remained then the caster would get the extra damage every time they did damage whether the attack is against the hexed target or not.

See video six in this series for a better way to handle the hex spell. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E

mshall
December 16th, 2018, 02:36
Difficult one this. This effect isn’t created by the parser but rather it is hard coded. I think it should be removed after each hit since the way that it is set up if it remained then the caster would get the extra damage every time they did damage whether the attack is against the hexed target or not.

See video six in this series for a better way to handle the hex spell. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E

Thank you for the very quick reply Zacchaeus. And thank you for this video and the many others you have done. That is a large amount of time and effort devoted to help the community, thank you very much.

After setting expend on Hex to Never (it removes [ROLL] from effect code), I had used the shift-drag method to identify the specific target of the extra damage from Hex.

I have now taken a look at the video six that you suggested and found that what I had done ended being exactly the same as what you did with the Hunter's Mark example in the video (changed expend to Never and then used shift-drag). (about 5:14 in the video)
and also with the Hex example at about 8:20 which is treated in the same way.

Of course from this and some videos I had watched, I know there is usually more than one way to accomplish something. But even with the custom target method you describe in the latter half of the video, you still set the expend to Never.

So why is the PHB coded for expend of [ROLL] for Hex and for Hunter's Mark as well? Shouldn't this then be considered a bug and corrected to be expend of Never?

The custom tag is probably more elegant, but if the PHB was coded as expend of Never, it could be used as is (with shift-drag) without having to edit the settings.

I am very much a newbie so certainly I could be wrong in several ways. Thank you again for your help.

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2018, 09:16
I’ll see what I can do.

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2018, 05:02
There are a few reasons why the effect for Hex shows up like it does:

* All spells are automatically parsed for actions (attack, damage, heal, save, effects), unless specifically overriden.

* Hex is not an overriden spell, because the effect is technically accurate. The damage effect only applies once the target has been "marked" by the Hex or Hunter's Mark spell. The caster doesn't automatically get the damage bonus on every damage roll, only those against the target which they have spent a bonus action to "mark".

* While you mention "effect targeting" using shift drag along with always on as a solution, the shift-drag behavior for effect targeting is confusing for most users, which means they either don't know that it exists, or it is confusing to activate correctly. It's something we want to change eventually. So, locking the action interpretation of the spell into "Always" would cause problems for the average user as well, since they would always do extra damage.

So, while I could "override" the auto-parsing of effects for this spell, I don't think that the always on flag is the solution for the reasons given above. For now, it will remain as is.

If you want to do a more advanced version of the effects using two different effects, which I would probably be the implementation I would use if I were to override:
* "IFT: CUSTOM(Hexed); DMG: 1d6; (C)" (applied to self at start of session, always on)
* "Hexed; (C)" (applied to target when bonus action used, always on) (technically one hour duration, but that usually exceeds the lifespan of attacker or defender)

Regards,
JPG

paladinesdragon
December 18th, 2018, 20:01
When I try to add a title to a listitem in notes it will only let me type a single character before jumping to the chat and typing the rest. All extensions are disabled.

LordEntrails
December 18th, 2018, 20:14
When I try to add a title to a listitem in notes it will only let me type a single character before jumping to the chat and typing the rest. All extensions are disabled.
This is apparently an issue with 3.3.7. See House of Healing threads. I imagine a hot fix will be coming shortly.

paladinesdragon
December 18th, 2018, 20:15
This is apparently an issue with 3.3.7. See House of Healing threads. I imagine a hot fix will be coming shortly.

Okay. Thank you.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2018, 20:45
Just pushed a hot fix. Please update, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

paladinesdragon
December 19th, 2018, 00:18
Just pushed a hot fix. Please update, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Awesome! That fixed it. Thank you.

stewartl42
December 30th, 2018, 21:47
Runnig v3.3.7

I'm seeing some strange behavior with the "Brutal Critical" ability when using multiple damage types. Specifically, the 2nd damage type rolls twice. The Third Does Not.

1) I have a weapon with 1d6 piercing and 1d8 cold.
2) Click on the Magnifying glass on the Weapons Header and set the Extra Crit Dice for Melee to "1".
3) Roll a 20 (Thanks Manual Entry!).
3) Damage is expressed as 1d6+1d8+1g6+1g8+1g8 (I assume 1g8 is the code for crit damage?)

https://imgur.com/Nf6WLe9

If you add a third type (1d4 to keep it clear), the third damage type is correct.
The Damage is expressed as 1d6+1d8+1d4 + 1g5 +1g8 + 1g8 + 1g4 + 1g4

https://imgur.com/a/UD6SeZT

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2018, 22:05
Not sure what you mean.

I create a sword with 1d6 piercing and 1d8 cold damage. Forgetting Savage Attacks (which is what I think you are referring to) then if I crit I get 2d6+2d8 which is correct. If I then add 1 dice into the meta data I get 2d6+2d8+1d8 on a critical hit, which is correct.

If I add a third damage type of 1d4 fire then without Savage Attacks I get 2d6+2d8+2d4 on a critical which is correct. With Savage Attacks I get an extra 1d8 which is also correct.

monkeysammich
December 30th, 2018, 22:40
Not sure what you mean.

I create a sword with 1d6 piercing and 1d8 cold damage. Forgetting Savage Attacks (which is what I think you are referring to) then if I crit I get 2d6+2d8 which is correct. If I then add 1 dice into the meta data I get 2d6+2d8+1d8 on a critical hit, which is correct.

If I add a third damage type of 1d4 fire then without Savage Attacks I get 2d6+2d8+2d4 on a critical which is correct. With Savage Attacks I get an extra 1d8 which is also correct.

Hi, Zacchaeus. I am the player in question trying to do this. We are referring to the Brutal Critical ability of Barbarian (level 9) which adds 1 die of weapon damage on a critical hit. I made an attack for a spear with 1d6 piercing damage and 1d8 cold damage. When I crit, it SHOULD roll 3d6+2d8. However, it is rolling 2d6+3d8... it seems to be picking the larger of the two dice to roll for extra damage.

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2018, 22:46
Yes, I think that is right. The ability allows you to roll one extra dice of the weapons damage. I’d suggest that 100% of the time you would roll the bigger of the two dice.

EDIT: I suppose you could argue that you have a choice of which dice to apply. For example if you did 1d6 cold and 1d8 fire and your target resists fire you might not want extra fire damage. But I can’t find anything which says that you have to apply one or the other so the way FG handles it seems fair enough to me.

monkeysammich
December 30th, 2018, 22:48
Yes, I think that is right. The ability allows you to roll one extra dice of the weapons damage. I’d suggest that 100% of the time you would roll the bigger of the two dice.

Oh. I guess we were just interpreting "Weapon damage" as the weapon itself ... bad habit left over from previous versions. Thanks for the clarification.

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2018, 22:59
Unless the 1d8 cold is coming from some other source then your weapon damage is 1d6 piercing plus 1d8 cold. So it is the weapon itself. If the cold damage is coming from a spell effect for example then that should not be included in the weapon damage but rather as an effect.

stewartl42
December 31st, 2018, 04:01
Unless the 1d8 cold is coming from some other source then your weapon damage is 1d6 piercing plus 1d8 cold. So it is the weapon itself. If the cold damage is coming from a spell effect for example then that should not be included in the weapon damage but rather as an effect.

Glad to see it was just a misunderstanding and not a bug. Thanks!

mattekure
January 1st, 2019, 16:02
In Waterdeep Dragon Heist. The Waterdeep-DM map is in the wrong group. It is listed in the Artwork group rather than the Maps group where all the other maps are.

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2019, 17:53
In Waterdeep Dragon Heist. The Waterdeep-DM map is in the wrong group. It is listed in the Artwork group rather than the Maps group where all the other maps are.

That's correct and fully intended :)

Added to fix list.

mattekure
January 1st, 2019, 17:58
While on the topic of WDH, in the Zacchaeus map pack, the Xanathar guild hideout map is misspelled Xanathar-Guid-Hideout:D

Zacchaeus
January 1st, 2019, 19:09
While on the topic of WDH, in the Zacchaeus map pack, the Xanathar guild hideout map is misspelled Xanathar-Guid-Hideout:D

Also fully intended :)

I'll add that too.

pollux
January 2nd, 2019, 19:00
There appear to be missing/bad attributes in the pre-generated characters in Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Steps to Reproduce:

Start a new campaign. Enable LMoP, PHB, and DMG.
Hit the "PC" button from the right-bar in order to import a pre-gen character.
In "Character Selection" pane, hit the blue up arrow to import a pre-gen character.
Select the "High Elf (Acolyte)" and import it.

At this point, we immediately see some problems on the resulting character sheet:

On the abilities page of the character sheet, none of the abilities are linked to the relevant PHB page. For example, click on the link to the right of "Arcane Recovery", it prompts to enter text rather than displaying the PHB entry about Arcane Recovery. All the features and traits are similarly orphaned.
On the main page of the character sheet, a High Elf should have Darkvision 60' listed under "Senses". It's not present.

Ok, now I'm suspicious, let's create a new character that follows the choices of the pre-gen and see how it compares...

Click the green + in the character selection pane to create a fresh character.
Select Acolyte background
Select High Elf race. THIS Adds Darkvision 60' to the sense list, and nothing to the abilities page. Different behavior than the pre-gen.
Select Wizard as the class with Arcana and Investigation as skills.
Now we notice that the pre-gen is also missing some attributes. The manually created character has Cantrip, Elf Weapon Training, and Keen Senses. The pre-gen lacks all these abilities. Also of note is that elf-weapon-training doesn't add the proficiencies to the list, but maybe that's expected.
The pre-gen also seems to speak an extra language compared to what we're offered... maybe I'm missing a rule that isn't automated or maybe the pre-gen designers just took liberty with that one.

Some of these discrepencies might be intentional, but several of them seem to be errors. At minimum, missing darkvision on senses and broken PHB links can't be intended, right? I haven't checked the other characters yet, but I wonder if they all have issues like this.

PS... looks like all the inventory items are lacking PHB links as well.

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2019, 19:19
The correct proceedure is as follows.

1. Start your campaign
2. Load LMoP and the PHB
3. Open the Library from the Library button
4. Select LMoP and in the right hand pane select 'Pregenerated Characters'
5. This opens a window; click the green '+' button to add a character to your campaign.
6. Now open the PC window and you will see the characters that you have imported.

Edit: And for whatever reason Darkvision does not get placed in the Main page under senses in a pregenerated character.

pollux
January 2nd, 2019, 20:43
Ah... yes, that does make a big difference. No more orphaned PHB links.

The abilities page for the pre-gen vs the manually generated character is still way different... but it's no big deal because all the practical effects associated with those abilities are present. Like there's no Elf Weapon Training trait, but the proficiencies that trait grants are present. Same with Keen senses and the perception skill, and the cantrip trait and having 4 rather than 3 cantrips selected. All the practical stuff in place, but trait that grants those benefits isn't present.

Ok, this is close enough that I can fix up dark-vision and drag in the missing traits. Thanks for the tip on spinning up pregens properly.

Xemit
January 3rd, 2019, 17:19
I'd suggest that regardless of the location / work flow that a pregenerated character import was done from, the results should still be the same. Whether started from the PC Dialog / Import, or from Library / Pregenerated / Import, the user is still expecting the import to work. If the import from the PC Dialog isn't supposed to work, then remove it from the GUI to prevent further problems.

The missing traits is an additional bug, IMO.

Zacchaeus
January 3rd, 2019, 17:48
[QUOTE=Xemit;420761]I'd suggest that regardless of the location / work flow that a pregenerated character import was done from, the results should still be the same. Whether started from the PC Dialog / Import, or from Library / Pregenerated / Import, the user is still expecting the import to work. If the import from the PC Dialog isn't supposed to work, then remove it from the GUI to prevent further problems.

The missing traits is an additional bug, IMO.[/QUOTE

The reason for the difference I suspect is in the way that LMoP is built using a parsing tool, which is probably out of date with the way that pregenerated characters are treated then as opposed to now. I actually wasn't even aware that pregenerated characters would appear in the PC window and I suspect that this too is something which is recent and not available when LMoP was converted. I may have a look one day at creating the pregens in FG and splicing the exported XML into the LMoP code which is what I did for Rraakma (the only other module I'm aware of with pregens in it). Testing that module the import works as you suggest either from the Library or from the PC Dialg.

Minty23185Fresh
January 6th, 2019, 16:45
Hi Zacchaeus

There is a minor typo in the Player's Handbook. Human Class description:

Thank you for all your work keeping up with this stuff.

Minty23185Fresh
January 6th, 2019, 17:36
Hello again..

This is more of an inconsistency. I don't have the paper book to compare the FG module to...
It is in Princes of the Apocalypse. The Water Elemental Myrmidon has the text "(water)" attached to its NPC Type field.
This is inconsistent with the other three Myrmidon's.

Zacchaeus
January 6th, 2019, 17:42
Noted and noted.

Whatev
January 9th, 2019, 09:35
Creating new powers in the action tab for a character do not show the magnifying glass that allow manipulation of the power group(name, group type, etc). Importing existing characters with the power group already created maintain the magnifying glass, but new powers created do not show it.

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2019, 11:34
Creating new powers in the action tab for a character do not show the magnifying glass that allow manipulation of the power group(name, group type, etc). Importing existing characters with the power group already created maintain the magnifying glass, but new powers created do not show it.

The magnifying glass only appears once you have named the power. Type a name into the right hand box and press tab and that will give the power a name and the magnifying glass will appear.

And Welcome to the forums Whatev.

Whatev
January 10th, 2019, 01:12
Thank you. That worked.

I am acting as dungeon master with our group and we are trying out Fantasy Grounds. Just working through things a bit.

I noticed when you drop the Tiefling race into a new character from the players handbook source, it prompts you to select the subrace and applies the stats from the player's handbook and the subrace. Giving you +4 charisma as an example. This does not occur when you drop the Tiefling race from the Mordenkainen's Tome source.

rob2e
January 10th, 2019, 01:22
Guild Masters Guide to Ravnica, Minotaur missing Language trait. It's within Imposing presense which also does not work properly - it asks you to chose a skill called IntimidationPersausion.

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2019, 10:33
Guild Masters Guide to Ravnica, Minotaur missing Language trait. It's within Imposing presense which also does not work properly - it asks you to chose a skill called IntimidationPersausion.

You are too late with your report. I fixed those last week and the update came out Tuesday :)

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2019, 10:41
Thank you. That worked.

I am acting as dungeon master with our group and we are trying out Fantasy Grounds. Just working through things a bit.

I noticed when you drop the Tiefling race into a new character from the players handbook source, it prompts you to select the subrace and applies the stats from the player's handbook and the subrace. Giving you +4 charisma as an example. This does not occur when you drop the Tiefling race from the Mordenkainen's Tome source.

You have to be careful which Tiefling race you select. If you want to play a Tiefling with variations then only choose the one from Mordenkainen. The Tiefling in the player's handbook is the same as the Asmodeus subrace in Mordenkainen and so it includes a +2 to Charisma. So by choosing the PHB version of the Teifling you are choosing the Asmodeus subrace and then you are choosing another subrace from Mordenkainen which adds in Charisma again. So in order to avoid the issue only pick the race from Mordenkainen rather than from the PHB.

rob2e
January 10th, 2019, 10:56
You are too late with your report. I fixed those last week and the update came out Tuesday :)

Interesting, I updated just now and both players guide and regular still show the error? Hmmmm.

damned
January 10th, 2019, 11:24
Interesting, I updated just now and both players guide and regular still show the error? Hmmmm.

Revert changes?

rob2e
January 10th, 2019, 11:37
Revert changes?

No revert changes option on either, I restarted FG, closed and opened both modules, still there. Hmmm.....

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2019, 12:41
Ok, seems like the update didn't 'take'. My copy doesn't show the changes either. I'll investigate.

GavinRuneblade
January 19th, 2019, 21:45
Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica in the background section almost all of the tables have some unneeded XML at the beginning and end. And one has a mis-sized column. See screenshot:

Also in both the Unearthed Arcana and Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron the Centaur's Equine Build feature has no effect on carrying capacity (workaround: drag powerful build from bugbear or firbolg or goliath).

Zacchaeus
January 19th, 2019, 22:13
Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica in the background section almost all of the tables have some unneeded XML at the beginning and end. And one has a mis-sized column. See screenshot:

Also in both the Unearthed Arcana and Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron the Centaur's Equine Build feature has no effect on carrying capacity (workaround: drag powerful build from bugbear or firbolg or goliath).

Noted. The Centaur one isn't a bug as such since FG doesn't recognise what the Equine build is. But I think I can get around that by renaming it to the same wording as you have noted.

SassyScroll
January 20th, 2019, 21:39
Hi, I just recently updated after finally finishing a character sheet yesterday, and whenever I go into Manage Characters, 5e isn't showing up, and the one time it did, it said "Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)". I haven't messed with any of the files.

LordEntrails
January 20th, 2019, 21:48
Hi, I just recently updated after finally finishing a character sheet yesterday, and whenever I go into Manage Characters, 5e isn't showing up, and the one time it did, it said "Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)". I haven't messed with any of the files.
This is usually because the update failed to finish or one of the ruleset files got corrupted during the update.
- First, make sure you do not have any directories in your /ruleset folder titled "5E" or "CoreRPG". If you do, rename or delete them if you do not need them (these should only exist if you have made customizations).
- If that does not solve the problem, delete the "5e.pak" file and re-run an Update.
- If that does not solve the problem, delete the "CoreRPG.pak" file and re-run an Update.

SassyScroll
January 20th, 2019, 21:53
Thank you so much. I never mess with program files if I can help it.

DarkWarder
January 25th, 2019, 20:11
I just loaded PHB/DMG/LMoP -> LMoP -> Pregenerated Characters and the Green Plus + sign is missing. I've tried clicking in the area where it's located but no luck. Any idea how to fix this?

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2019, 20:24
I'd suggest you go into your vault folder in FG Data (Click the small folder icon top right of the start screen to get to the FG Data) and find the file WOTC5ELMOP and delete it and then update FG.

If that doesn't work then try deleting the CoreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files from your rulesets folder in FDData and update FG.

DarkWarder
January 25th, 2019, 20:55
Neither fixed the issue. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it, but I haven't used FG in years. My licenses were first purchased way back in 2008. Also, my "Update Available" button on the launcher is always red. Even after running updates.

LordEntrails
January 25th, 2019, 21:54
Neither fixed the issue. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it, but I haven't used FG in years. My licenses were first purchased way back in 2008. Also, my "Update Available" button on the launcher is always red. Even after running updates.
The license is still good. If update is still red, that indicates either you have two installations of FG, or you don't have proper folder permissions. Do a search for "fantasygrounds.exe and see if their are two of them. Check the FG Data folder and the FG installation folder and make sure your user has both read and write permissions to both locations and their sub-folders.

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2019, 21:57
Sounds like FG is not updating correctly then. Top right of the launcher screen it should say v3.3.7. Make sure that you have entered your licence key into the top box only in settings (the other one should be blank). You might also want to refresh (ie delete and re-enter) your username and password then do an update. If that doesn't work then I suggest uninstalling FG and download the newest client from the store. Once downloaded enter your key, username etc and update FG. If you have a lite license then see the FAQ for details (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_rein stall_upgrade) of how to upgrade that (since Lite licenses were discontinued some time ago).

Paperclipkiller
January 27th, 2019, 21:42
Swashbuckler Subclass for Rogue in Xanathars has the Master Duelist feature missing, instead it is typed up in the Elegant Maneuver feature.

Zacchaeus
January 27th, 2019, 22:06
Swashbuckler Subclass for Rogue in Xanathars has the Master Duelist feature missing, instead it is typed up in the Elegant Maneuver feature.
Well spotted. It's correct in the players guide though. Noted for fixing.

ThyLordQ
February 4th, 2019, 00:51
I don't know for certain if this is a bug, I'm still relatively new to 5E, but when you create a Tiefling with a particular Lineage, it doesn't replace the initial Tiefling stat boost, it gives them both. So a Tiefling of the Fierna lineage ends up with +4 to Charisma, +1 to Intellect, and +1 to Wisdom. I'm pretty sure this isn't correct.

EDIT: I just saw the post two pages back about the Tiefling stat boost doubling. Sorry for posting this before getting through the full 17 pages.

Myrdin Potter
February 4th, 2019, 01:01
I don't know for certain if this is a bug, I'm still relatively new to 5E, but when you create a Tiefling with a particular Lineage, it doesn't replace the initial Tiefling stat boost, it gives them both. So a Tiefling of the Fierna lineage ends up with +4 to Charisma, +1 to Intellect, and +1 to Wisdom. I'm pretty sure this isn't correct.

EDIT: I just saw the post two pages back about the Tiefling stat boost doubling. Sorry for posting this before getting through the full 17 pages.

I almost think that they need to add warning text to the PHB description to warn people.

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2019, 01:06
I almost think that they need to add warning text to the PHB description to warn people.
You may be right. But would people read it? And where would I put the warning?

Ghnomey
February 11th, 2019, 02:16
A question for all of the wonderful admins and programmers here as I'm not sure it's a bug but Damned sent me here
Is there a specific reason that concentration spells in the PHB don't have the concentration effect. For example Spirit Guardians or any of the detect spells for a cleric. I have manually coded them on my spell list but shouldn't it already be there straight from the PHB? I just added an effect of (C) with the duration of the spell that I can click when I cast it. Thanks in advance.
Ghnomey

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2019, 04:45
It currently adds the concentration modifier to any automatically created effects. If effects aren't parsed automatically from the spell, then nothing will appear.

I can place overrides for specific spell names in future patches. Which ones are you concerned about? (Just Detect and Spirit Guardians?)

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
February 11th, 2019, 04:57
I've noticed that some characters that were made a long time ago don't have all the spell automation. So, make sure you delete and re-add the spell from the PHB to test to see if any of the past updates have resolved the issues.

Zacchaeus
February 11th, 2019, 08:47
A question for all of the wonderful admins and programmers here as I'm not sure it's a bug but Damned sent me here
Is there a specific reason that concentration spells in the PHB don't have the concentration effect. For example Spirit Guardians or any of the detect spells for a cleric. I have manually coded them on my spell list but shouldn't it already be there straight from the PHB? I just added an effect of (C) with the duration of the spell that I can click when I cast it. Thanks in advance.
Ghnomey

As Moon Wizard says above there needs to be an effect created automatically by the parser which puts an effect on the caster or target for the duration of the spell for the concentration part to work. So in the case of Spirit Guardians the only bits of the spell which parse are the damage and saving throws. These are one off save/damage and they don't last the duration. So it would need an effect of Spirit Guardians; (C) to be created which lasted for the duration of the spell. Same applies to the Detect spells. These are theatre of the mind in that there's no effects that could be created for them hence why there's no concentration appearing.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2019, 20:49
I've noticed that some characters that were made a long time ago don't have all the spell automation. So, make sure you delete and re-add the spell from the PHB to test to see if any of the past updates have resolved the issues.
Another way, assuming the wording of the spell hasn't changed, is to right-click on the spell name line in the actions tab and select "Re parse actions" for each spell.

LordEntrails
February 11th, 2019, 21:05
Another way, assuming the wording of the spell hasn't changed, is to right-click on the spell name line in the actions tab and select "Re parse actions" for each spell.
You know, adding helpful comments like this are not doing anything to dissuade us that you are not a real human...

Trenloe
February 11th, 2019, 21:15
You know, adding helpful comments like this are not doing anything to dissuade us that you are not a real human...
But I've got a hat!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_SUd1j0hiWg/UXmEX2HmTvI/AAAAAAAABlg/3n2ZqgWqG74/s1600/cowboy+Data.jpg

Ghnomey
February 11th, 2019, 21:41
This was a brand new character create straight from the PHB on the latest version of FG so was not the spell parsing. I just thought all concentrations spells would have the (C) effects along with the spell name such as; (C) Detect Magic with a duration of 10 minutes; just for continuity sake across the board. We didn't even realize that Spirit Guardians didn't have a concentration check auto triggered till I got hit in combat and our DM asked if the spell a concentration spell.

Gothstaff
February 15th, 2019, 03:52
The "Tomb 6" decal has some incorrect formatting or image issues26318
I know it's not an emergency to fix this image, but don't know why it bugs me to see it like that when the demon face is one of my favorite D&D niche's

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2019, 09:06
The "Tomb 6" decal has some incorrect formatting or image issues
I know it's not an emergency to fix this image, but don't know why it bugs me to see it like that when the demon face is one of my favorite D&D niche's

Can you be more specific as to what is wrong with it? I don't see anything.

Xemit
February 15th, 2019, 15:36
Look down the middle of the face vertically. There is slice of the image 'doubled'. I see it in my install as well, just never really noticed it since I like image 4 most of the time.

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2019, 15:47
Look down the middle of the face vertically. There is slice of the image 'doubled'. I see it in my install as well, just never really noticed it since I like image 4 most of the time.

The image used is the same one that's on the cover for ToA and that and the decal are exactly as they appear in the original .psd file provided by WotC. Therefore it's meant to be like that.

Gothstaff
February 15th, 2019, 18:03
Can you be more specific as to what is wrong with it? I don't see anything. Please click at the "Tomb 6.Decal.JPG" link/attachment, you'll see it right away.

Gothstaff
February 15th, 2019, 18:05
The image used is the same one that's on the cover for ToA and that and the decal are exactly as they appear in the original .psd file provided by WotC. Therefore it's meant to be like that.

I see... the image was made for the cover including the spine and some adjustment there... and likely due to copyright claims you cannot or rather not modify the image...
Well, that sucks :(

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2019, 23:18
I see... the image was made for the cover including the spine and some adjustment there... and likely due to copyright claims you cannot or rather not modify the image...
Well, that sucks :(
You got me thinking so I went back and dug around in the original files again and i’ve found the non cover version of the cover image so i’ll see about updating it. I had never noticed that it was strange until you pointed it out.

deer_buster
February 18th, 2019, 17:58
I think there is an issue with rolling criticals when Fixed NPC rolls is set. If I have a damage of 2d10+7 piercing + 1d12 lightning, which when not a critical gives me 18 piercing and 6 lightning, I should be getting 18 piercing
+2d10 piercing critical +
6 lighting+1d12 lightning critical on a critical. Instead I get 13 piercing +16 piercing critical +1d12 lighting+1d12 lightning critical.

I do not have any critical extensions applied....

deer_buster
February 18th, 2019, 18:05
Note, for testing, I used an Adult Blue Dragon, and changed the Bite to have 1d12 lightning damage instead of 1d10 to ensure I would notice if the right dice were being used.

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2019, 19:33
I think there is an issue with rolling criticals when Fixed NPC rolls is set. If I have a damage of 2d10+7 piercing + 1d12 lightning, which when not a critical gives me 18 piercing and 6 lightning, I should be getting 18 piercing
+2d10 piercing critical +
6 lighting+1d12 lightning critical on a critical. Instead I get 13 piercing +16 piercing critical +1d12 lighting+1d12 lightning critical.

I do not have any critical extensions applied....

I'll make sure someone who can do something about that knows.

I did a simpler test with a random NPC who did 1d4 bludgeoning and 1d8 fire damage. I note that on a critical both dice rolls are 8's instead of a 4 and an 8.

deer_buster
February 18th, 2019, 19:49
Was going to say I saw the reason, but not sure yet.

EDIT: Ah, yes, when it inserts the clauses into aNewClauses in the handle critical section, it does so sequentially ({1, piercing},{2, piercing critical},{3, lightning},{4,lightning critical}), so it actually uses fixed damage for the piercing and piercing critical, and rolls for the lightning and lightning damage, incorrectly.

deer_buster
February 18th, 2019, 20:08
Perhaps a solution is to change line manager_action_damage.lua:363

to: if not string.match(vClause.dmgtype, ".critical") then

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2019, 20:50
Perhaps a solution is to change line manager_action_damage.lua:363

to: if not string.match(vClause.dmgtype, ".critical") then

I'll take your word for it but I'm sure Moon Wizard will know.

deer_buster
February 21st, 2019, 03:13
I'll take your word for it but I'm sure Moon Wizard will know.Any response from the god of code?

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2019, 08:57
Any response from the god of code?

Yes, issue has been logged and is on a list.

Dredful
February 23rd, 2019, 20:35
PHB. The cleric domain Knowledge has Potent Spellcasting. Opening the power says it has the Light Domain as a prerequisite which should be Knowledge domain. Clerics of the knowledge domain aren't getting this ability when they level to 8 because the prerequisite is wrong.

Zacchaeus
February 23rd, 2019, 21:13
PHB. The cleric domain Knowledge has Potent Spellcasting. Opening the power says it has the Light Domain as a prerequisite which should be Knowledge domain. Clerics of the knowledge domain aren't getting this ability when they level to 8 because the prerequisite is wrong.

Gosh, that one's been around for a long time. Well spotted. I've got a fix for it and hopefully it can go out on Tuesday. Thanks for reporting.

Whaley
March 3rd, 2019, 06:13
So I think there is an issue with the Calendar function in Fantasygrounds. Every module I have (3.5E Calendars, 4E Calendars, Barovian Calendar, Calendars, Middle Earth Calendars) is coming up with this error: Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/calendar_period_list.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'getStartDayOfMonth' (a nil value)

Zacchaeus
March 3rd, 2019, 10:01
So I think there is an issue with the Calendar function in Fantasygrounds. Every module I have (3.5E Calendars, 4E Calendars, Barovian Calendar, Calendars, Middle Earth Calendars) is coming up with this error: Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/calendar_period_list.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'getStartDayOfMonth' (a nil value)

Sorry, I don't understand. I don't see any error when I open the calendars mod in the 5e ruleset (including the Barovian Calendar in there). Are these other calendars you mention extensions? Or calendars produced by the community? If so then it is those calendar mod files that will have the issue and you should contact the authors. If it's the calendar.mod in the 5e ruleset that is the issue then are you using any extensions? Does this error happen in a new campaign without extensions?

mattekure
March 3rd, 2019, 11:59

That file is part of the CoreRPG ruleset and it defines some of the functions that make calendars work. It sounds like it may be corrupted. the 5E ruleset just inherits it from Core.

LordNova2
March 3rd, 2019, 22:58
In the Fantasy Grounds module for The Rise of Tiamat it would appear to be missing a link to the chapter/episode artwork for "Episode 7: Xonthal's Tower", found on page 62 of the book.
It took me a bit to find it under the images, I also checked the Reference Manual after searching for the image and it shows up at the top as it should when you open up "Episode7: Xonthal's Tower". So it is only missing the link for the image in the story sheet.

Whaley
March 4th, 2019, 01:00
Sorry, I don't understand. I don't see any error when I open the calendars mod in the 5e ruleset (including the Barovian Calendar in there). Are these other calendars you mention extensions? Or calendars produced by the community? If so then it is those calendar mod files that will have the issue and you should contact the authors. If it's the calendar.mod in the 5e ruleset that is the issue then are you using any extensions? Does this error happen in a new campaign without extensions?

Well, I deselected all modules and it works so problem is going to be there somewhere. I'll update here which module I found to be the culprit when I find out as well as the modules forum to let them know.

Whaley
March 4th, 2019, 05:22
Well, I deselected all modules and it works so problem is going to be there somewhere. I'll update here which module I found to be the culprit when I find out as well as the modules forum to let them know.

Old module, already updated....my bad...but it was the Moon Tracker module...Thanks for the help

Zacchaeus
March 4th, 2019, 09:23
In the Fantasy Grounds module for The Rise of Tiamat it would appear to be missing a link to the chapter/episode artwork for "Episode 7: Xonthal's Tower", found on page 62 of the book.
It took me a bit to find it under the images, I also checked the Reference Manual after searching for the image and it shows up at the top as it should when you open up "Episode7: Xonthal's Tower". So it is only missing the link for the image in the story sheet.

Noted. Thanks for reporting.

Paperclipkiller
March 11th, 2019, 01:55
The hags in the Monster Manual, Volos Guide to Monsters, Curse of Strahd, Mad Mage, do not have the Spell Save DC or their To Hit for spells. It just says their spellcasting ability modifier is Charisma or Intelligence depending on the Hag. The only exception seems to be the "Night Hag, Becovened" in Curse of Strahd. If I had to take a guess, this would probably apply to any adventure that has a Hag.

Baba Lysaga in Curse of Strahd doesn't have her Spell Save DC or To Hit for spells either, it just mentions she uses Intelligence.

Ruvanal
March 11th, 2019, 03:26
While helping one my of players set up an eldritch knight character we found that the spell Absorb Elements, a 1st level abjuration was not listed with a source tag for that subclass.

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2019, 10:26
The hags in the Monster Manual, Volos Guide to Monsters, Curse of Strahd, Mad Mage, do not have the Spell Save DC or their To Hit for spells. It just says their spellcasting ability modifier is Charisma or Intelligence depending on the Hag. The only exception seems to be the "Night Hag, Becovened" in Curse of Strahd. If I had to take a guess, this would probably apply to any adventure that has a Hag.

Baba Lysaga in Curse of Strahd doesn't have her Spell Save DC or To Hit for spells either, it just mentions she uses Intelligence.

FG doesn't need to have the spell save or spell attack listed now since it works out the figures itself. So no monster in the Monster Manual has their spell save or spell attack listed because I removed them. Hags only have spell casting ability when in a Coven (Apart from their innate spells) and in Volo you'll find a Hag Coven Template.

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2019, 11:56
While helping one my of players set up an eldritch knight character we found that the spell Absorb Elements, a 1st level abjuration was not listed with a source tag for that subclass.

That spell is from Elemental Evil and I don't see that one listed as specifically pertinent to Eldritch Knight. The spells in Elemental Evil are all optional so as DM you can allow them or not.

Paperclipkiller
March 12th, 2019, 23:44
FG doesn't need to have the spell save or spell attack listed now since it works out the figures itself. So no monster in the Monster Manual has their spell save or spell attack listed because I removed them. Hags only have spell casting ability when in a Coven (Apart from their innate spells) and in Volo you'll find a Hag Coven Template.

That actually causes some problems. As an example, the Annis Hag has the spell Disguise Self. Disguise self uses your spell save DC when a target makes an Investigation check against you. I don't know the Annis Hag's Spell Save DC as it is not listed anywhere, even in the combat tracker since Disguise Self is worded as they are making a check against your Spell Save. I cannot think of any other spell that works like this off the top of my head. So either Disguise Self needs to show your Spell Save DC or Spell Save DC's need to be shown so you know it for Disguise Self. Showing Spell Save DC's would cover all your bases at least.

Regardless, having the spell attack bonus and the Spell Save DC is nice to have when building an adventure and looking at various monsters. Having to throw a monster into the combat tracker just to know its DC and to hit for spells would make adventure building tedious if the only version of the books you have are in FG. If there is a coding reason for this I understand, it just detracts from the overall experience imo.

That spell is from Elemental Evil and I don't see that one listed as specifically pertinent to Eldritch Knight. The spells in Elemental Evil are all optional so as DM you can allow them or not.

The Eldritch Knight subclass specifically calls out the Wizard spell list as the Eldritch Knight spell list. Same with Arcane Trickster. So when you search for spells using Eldritch Knight/Arcane Trickster as a source they are not showing up.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2019, 00:15
There will always be edge cases such as the disguise self spell.

As I say the Elemental Evil supplement doesn’t list spells specifically for any subclasses, Neither in fact does the PHB so i’m Not entirely sure why such spell lists were created to begin with.

Paperclipkiller
March 13th, 2019, 03:05
There will always be edge cases such as the disguise self spell.

As I say the Elemental Evil supplement doesn’t list spells specifically for any subclasses, Neither in fact does the PHB so i’m Not entirely sure why such spell lists were created to begin with.

At the very least the Annis Hag is gonna need its Spell DC listed since it isn't available on its sheet or the Combat Tracker, and if they don't have the MM they won't known how to calculate Spell DC for monsters potentially.

Zacchaeus
March 13th, 2019, 09:18
At the very least the Annis Hag is gonna need its Spell DC listed since it isn't available on its sheet or the Combat Tracker, and if they don't have the MM they won't known how to calculate Spell DC for monsters potentially.

Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll have a look through the monsters list to see if there are any others and add the spell save back in.

Ruvanal
March 14th, 2019, 02:49

I was not sure either at first till I realized that the base FG engine does not provide a way to search the spell list based on the school of magic used as would be needed for most the spells selected by Eldritch Knights and Arcane Tricksters. The bulk of the spells that they can select from while leveling are restricted to two schools each while leveling with a smaller set (4 of their 13 spells at level 20) that can be from any school. I had thought when I started looking more closely at what was on the list, that they would just be the abjuration and evocation sub-set for the Eldritch Knight to make that portion of the list easier for the player to pick from. What found though was a variety of spells from many different schools. This makes the list highly suspect to use for pointing players what spells that they can pick for their class when playing.

Paperclipkiller
March 17th, 2019, 01:37
It looks like every magical version of an armor that imposes disadvantage on Stealth (Padded, Scale, Half, Ring, Chain, Splint, and Plate) doesn't have it listed as having disadvantage when it is supposed to. I noticed this when looking at Adamantine Scale Mail Armor for example. This is probably true in every book that has magical versions of these armors since it is like that in Xanathars and Volo's.

The "thelarr" item in SCAG isn't capitalized.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2019, 12:04
It looks like every magical version of an armor that imposes disadvantage on Stealth (Padded, Scale, Half, Ring, Chain, Splint, and Plate) doesn't have it listed as having disadvantage when it is supposed to. I noticed this when looking at Adamantine Scale Mail Armor for example. This is probably true in every book that has magical versions of these armors since it is like that in Xanathars and Volo's.[QUOTE]

I'm not seeing this - a random check shows all magical armours that impose disadvantage do so. A sample from Xanathar, the DMG and Volo in the graphic.

[QUOTE=Paperclipkiller;430354]The "thelarr" item in SCAG isn't capitalized.

I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be all lower case or not. I don't have the original documentation to check. But logically it should be capitalised so I'll change it.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2019, 12:07
I was not sure either at first till I realized that the base FG engine does not provide a way to search the spell list based on the school of magic used as would be needed for most the spells selected by Eldritch Knights and Arcane Tricksters. The bulk of the spells that they can select from while leveling are restricted to two schools each while leveling with a smaller set (4 of their 13 spells at level 20) that can be from any school. I had thought when I started looking more closely at what was on the list, that they would just be the abjuration and evocation sub-set for the Eldritch Knight to make that portion of the list easier for the player to pick from. What found though was a variety of spells from many different schools. This makes the list highly suspect to use for pointing players what spells that they can pick for their class when playing.

Indeed, which is why I wonder why the original author of the PHB provided a spell list for those subclasses. The problem is that they can pick spells from any school at certain levels so a list of just certain spell schools won't help.

Paperclipkiller
March 17th, 2019, 16:49
I'm not seeing this - a random check shows all magical armours that impose disadvantage do so. A sample from Xanathar, the DMG and Volo in the graphic.

So I figured it out. If you open the Items section and open up say Adamantine Half Plate Armor it doesn't show the Stealth Disadvantage until you put it in someones inventory or duplicate it. Half Plate does show it. You can see in the pic what I mean. So it is there and applying it, just not showing it when you are looking through the Items section or the Magic Items section in the various books.

Paperclipkiller
March 17th, 2019, 23:28
The Dybbuk in Mordenkainen's has his Tendril and Possess Corpse Actions listed under his traits.

Edit: The Flameskull speed in the Monster Manual is listed as "0 ft., hover 0 ft., fly 40 ft." when it should be "0 ft., fly 40 ft. (hover)"

crleonhard
March 18th, 2019, 20:30
Selecting targets on the Party Sheet's Marching & Formation grid (by CTRL clicking) is not working as it does on Combat Tracker and maps, despite all tokens having been dragged onto grid from Combat Tracker.

Zacchaeus
March 18th, 2019, 22:20
Selecting targets on the Party Sheet's Marching & Formation grid (by CTRL clicking) is not working as it does on Combat Tracker and maps, despite all tokens having been dragged onto grid from Combat Tracker.

Hi clreonhard, welcome to FG.

That area isn't meant for combat really so targeting doesn't work by CTRL+clicking a token in that area. If you want to do combat using that area use the CT for targeting either by CTRL+Clicking the target on the CT or by drag/dropping dice onto the target on the CT or onto the token on the Marching and Formation area.

Zacchaeus
March 19th, 2019, 12:22
The Dybbuk in Mordenkainen's has his Tendril and Possess Corpse Actions listed under his traits.

Edit: The Flameskull speed in the Monster Manual is listed as "0 ft., hover 0 ft., fly 40 ft." when it should be "0 ft., fly 40 ft. (hover)"

dmahogany
March 20th, 2019, 03:13
I'm looking to run 5E Lair Assault: Forge of the Dawn Titan, but one of the story links to "Monsters and Traps" isn't functioning. Says the module isn't loaded. Everything else opens, just this one link from P01-13 Monsters and Traps.

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2019, 11:40

HuseyinCinar
March 23rd, 2019, 13:20
Book of Lairs , DLC from Kobold Press.

Story "02.12 12. Great Forge" has an image for the dragon npc but it's not linked properly. Clicking it creates a page of "New Drawing".

The image is in the module and I can see it thru the Library>Book of Lairs>Images. Quick re-drag fix.

tstory30
March 26th, 2019, 16:05
In Unearthed Arcana,

Artificer:
Infuse Item
Many-handed bag should read "Item: 2-5 pouches" not "Items: 2-5 pouches".

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2019, 17:14
Noted

NOJI
March 28th, 2019, 11:36
Hello, I find something that it's not that crucial, but in 5e D&D in D&D 5e SRD Data, Ranger has the Extra Attack Feature in 15lvl instead in 5lvl

Zacchaeus
March 28th, 2019, 16:22
Hello, I find something that it's not that crucial, but in 5e D&D in D&D 5e SRD Data, Ranger has the Extra Attack Feature in 15lvl instead in 5lvl

Well spotted and thanks for reporting. Added to fix list.

And welcome to FG

shawge39
March 29th, 2019, 02:27
I believe I've found an issue in the Princess of the Apocalypse module on both the player & DM maps for Sighing Valley. At the location for V9 they have a pin to 3.09.00 Rivergard Keep when it should be 3.08.09 V9. Manticore Lair.

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2019, 09:58
Thanks shawge you are quite correct.

I've fixed the issue and hopefully the amended module will go out on Tuesday.

GavinRuneblade
March 29th, 2019, 10:22
Strongholds and Followers: Adventure Siege of Castle Rend:
Throughout this book, none of the section or page references in the body copy are links. Not sure if that is intentional or not, some books do it some don't.

Adventure Summary page has broken XML or copy/paste error "wb;image'sign.jpg;525,635;sign" right above the title "Part 1: The Village of Gravesford"
NPC description of Sir Pelligton: In the motivation section the second sentence begins with the number 3 for no apparent reason. Both in the text and in the second tab on his stat block. In his stat block the hellish rebuke deals "20 damage" not "20 fire damage".
Not sure if this is a bug or just something that is ignorable: All the warlord powers are worded as "take another movement" when the standard language is "move up to their speed" or "take the dash action" or something much more specific. Might be an issue for the authors not the FG module specifically.
NPC Pinna is not populating her spell slots, they all show 0.
NPC Giselle: her multiattack says "veteran makes two mace attacks" should it say "Giselle makes two mace attacks"?
NPC Alyssa Tealeaf: Half of her traits and attacks say "Alyssa can" and the other half say "the scout can"
Part 4 Section Chosing a 1st level castle: reference to rolling on Unit Raised by Keep chart has no link to the chart. In the main rulebook that table is also mislabeled as "Units Raised" in the chapter but "units raised by keep" inside the table itself.
Part 4 Section Recruiting Units, paragraph Peasant Levies: There is an asterisk that refers to the last sentence on the page, but down there is no matching asterisk to show the reader that is the reference point.

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2019, 10:54
Thanks Gavin, I'll get those fixed for Tuesday as well.

As regards the Warlord that's the wording used in the book; so I'm not keen to change it.

Also Hellish Rebuke does fire damage; I'm assuming that since it isn't explicit all that is happening is that the NPC doesn't roll damage but does the maximum damage. It doesn't seem to me that that changes the damage type in any way.

As regards Pinna (and any other spellcaster) the spell slots will only show once the NPC is placed on the Combat Tracker.

HuseyinCinar
March 29th, 2019, 13:15
I'm very surprised to find a missing part in PHB wow.

In the Soldier Backgrounds > Bonds, the 4th option is cut short. It's a half sentence. It should be "I’ll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it."

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2019, 13:55
I'm very surprised to find a missing part in PHB wow.

In the Soldier Backgrounds > Bonds, the 4th option is cut short. It's a half sentence. It should be "I’ll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it."

Whilst it may be surprising not everyone reports bugs; so things can be wrong for a long time.

Thanks for reporting.

RoleforFun
March 29th, 2019, 20:43
Zacchaeus,

Is there anywhere that lists the currently noted bugs/quirks of 5e so people can review and be aware of these things? I understand that a lot of these things take time to repair and push as patches, and it would be great to have an errata/work in progress type list for review in the meantime. Thanks in advance for your time and all the hard work you do!

Catalyst

Zacchaeus
March 29th, 2019, 20:57
Zacchaeus,

Is there anywhere that lists the currently noted bugs/quirks of 5e so people can review and be aware of these things? I understand that a lot of these things take time to repair and push as patches, and it would be great to have an errata/work in progress type list for review in the meantime. Thanks in advance for your time and all the hard work you do!

Catalyst

For 5e it is this forum post. (Almost) everything that has been reported prior to your post is fixed as of this morning. The revised modules will be updated on Tuesday.

In addition Lokiare posts on the City Hall (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-City-Hall) forum details of the weekly updates.

Generally I try to update bugs as soon as they are reported but that does depend on what other stuff I have so there will be periods where it'll take a few weeks to get revisions out.

Also I try not to update a module - especially adventures - where there is like 1 minor issue. Having people download a big module to correct a misplaced comma doesn't seem like a good idea. So sometimes I'll wait for a few things to crop up before amending them. Every so often I close this thread and start a new one as you can see from the title. I don't like long threads and it is nearly time for this one to go as well. At that point I will fix anything outstanding and then close it off.

Generally at this time there are probably very few bugs left to track down; but as you can see from a couple posts back things can have a long shelf life if I don't hear about them. So I'm dependent on people posting here.

GavinRuneblade
March 30th, 2019, 05:45
Also Hellish Rebuke does fire damage; I'm assuming that since it isn't explicit all that is happening is that the NPC doesn't roll damage but does the maximum damage. It doesn't seem to me that that changes the damage type in any way.

As regards Pinna (and any other spellcaster) the spell slots will only show once the NPC is placed on the Combat Tracker.

With Pinna, I did put her in the combat tracker using the encounter where she appears. Still had all 0 spell slots. that's why she was the only one mentioned. See screenshot: 26879

With Hellish Rebuke, the "no roll" is specific so I did assume that was correct, but see my chat, no fire damage just untyped damage. Since there is armor of fire resistance in the adventure, making it untyped is relevant. I also noticed that it mentions a save but doesn't give either a DC or stat on the character. The spell uses dex (also in the screenshot). 26880

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2019, 10:16
As regards Pina I can't replicate what you are seeing. No matter from where or how I put Pina on the CT her spell slots show up. Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions? Does this happen with any other NPCs with spellcasting abilities or just Pina?

I see what you mean about Sir P. I hadn't noticed that the 20 damage created an effect (why wouldn't it?); I assumed that it would all be handled manually from the spell line after the save. I've added fire to the damage in the text so that it can now be used correctly.

GavinRuneblade
March 30th, 2019, 18:52
As regards Pina I can't replicate what you are seeing. No matter from where or how I put Pina on the CT her spell slots show up. Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions? Does this happen with any other NPCs with spellcasting abilities or just Pina?
Found it, it was advanced effects extension doing it. But oddly only with Pina.
I'll drop the report into the appropriate thread.

Zacchaeus
March 30th, 2019, 19:07
Found it, it was advanced effects extension doing it. But oddly only with Pina.
I'll drop the report into the appropriate thread.

Cheers, thanks for letting me know. It may be something to do with the fact that she's designated friendly in the encounter. Try making her hostile and see if that solves the issue. Might help narrow down the problem.

rob2e
March 31st, 2019, 21:02
Not critical, but the library category for "Nerzugal's Extended Bestiary" is SUPPLEMENT (all caps) rather than Supplement. It would be nice for that minor thing to be fixed.

Zacchaeus
March 31st, 2019, 21:53
I'll track down the developer and beat them over the head to change that; just for you Rob :)

rob2e
March 31st, 2019, 22:02
I'll track down the developer and beat them over the head to change that; just for you Rob :)

I REALLY appreciate it. You can't imagine the meltdown I have when I look at the library and things don't match. I went out to my yard and tried to push over a tree.

#EpicFail

GavinRuneblade
April 1st, 2019, 00:08
One I can't believe I never noticed before: Lost Mine of Phandelver both of the magic items Lightbringer and Dragonguard are missing their +1 bonus.

HuseyinCinar
April 1st, 2019, 00:10
I REALLY appreciate it. You can't imagine the meltdown I have when I look at the library and things don't match. I went out to my yard and tried to push over a tree.

#EpicFail

Ahem ahem... Robb? I would also love it if your mods weren't named differently but followed the main Adventure/Supplement/Core Book etc naming custom. Them being named "5e..." just puts them on top instead of in the appropriate categories with the rest of the stuff loaded in that campaign.

It would be dope if you changed them to "Supplement"s as well :D

rob2e
April 1st, 2019, 03:11
Ahem ahem... Robb? I would also love it if your mods weren't named differently but followed the main Adventure/Supplement/Core Book etc naming custom. Them being named "5e..." just puts them on top instead of in the appropriate categories with the rest of the stuff loaded in that campaign.

It would be dope if you changed them to "Supplement"s as well :D

Noted.

Zacchaeus
April 1st, 2019, 09:30
One I can't believe I never noticed before: Lost Mine of Phandelver both of the magic items Lightbringer and Dragonguard are missing their +1 bonus.

I'm not seeing this. Is your campaign very, very old. Like long before that got fixed? Like about 2 years or more ago.

mattekure
April 2nd, 2019, 03:10
In SCAG, adding the background "Knight of the Order" creates a new skill entry "plus one from among". The error appears to be within the LUA parsing, not the module.

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2019, 09:12
In SCAG, adding the background "Knight of the Order" creates a new skill entry "plus one from among". The error appears to be within the LUA parsing, not the module.

No, it's because of a slight inconsistency in the wording. I have a fix and will update in due course.

GavinRuneblade
April 3rd, 2019, 07:36
I'm not seeing this. Is your campaign very, very old. Like long before that got fixed? Like about 2 years or more ago.

Nope, brand new. It turns out the ones in the magic items list are fine, but the ones in the parcel are not the same.

26925 I unlocked the one from the parcel so you can see the fields. There's other wonky things in the parcel like cost "uncommon" and rarity blank.

That's from a new campaign just created for this screenshot, no extensions. All I did was load the one book, open the parcel and the magic items and take the screenshot.

Zacchaeus
April 3rd, 2019, 09:35
Hmm, right. There does seem to be an issue with such magic items in parcels. Leave it with me and thanks for reporting.

LordEntrails
April 4th, 2019, 02:38
Waterdeep: DH, author is listed as "Wizard's..." with the apostrophe. Only matters in that it is the only WotC product using it and when searching by author its therefore inconsistent

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2019, 09:14
Waterdeep: DH, author is listed as "Wizard's..." with the apostrophe. Only matters in that it is the only WotC product using it and when searching by author its therefore inconsistent
Gah! Why? Why would I type Wizard’s? Noted, thanks LE.

HuseyinCinar
April 4th, 2019, 10:03

In the same vein, Volo's Guide to Monsters had a similar problem between the 3 modules of it (DM version, Player version, Map module). I don't know if it has been fixed yet