PDA

View Full Version : 5e Bug Reports (Part 4)

Pages : 1 [2]

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2019, 10:41
In the same vein, Volo's Guide to Monsters had a similar problem between the 3 modules of it (DM version, Player version, Map module). I don't know if it has been fixed yet

Yes, I see the maps one isn't right. I'll add it to the fix list

marcusrife
April 14th, 2019, 17:27
The Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer feature Elemental Affinity seems to have the pre 2016 errata wording which says: Starting at 6th level, when you cast a spell that deals damage of the type associated with your draconic ancestry, add your Charisma modifier to that damage...

Where it should say: Starting at 6th level, when you cast a spell that deals damage of the type associated with your draconic ancestry, add your Charisma modifier to one damage roll.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2019, 17:51
The Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer feature Elemental Affinity seems to have the pre 2016 errata wording which says: Starting at 6th level, when you cast a spell that deals damage of the type associated with your draconic ancestry, add your Charisma modifier to that damage...

Where it should say: Starting at 6th level, when you cast a spell that deals damage of the type associated with your draconic ancestry, add your Charisma modifier to one damage roll.

It is clear that it only applies to one damage dice in the last sentence, but I agree that the first sentence isn't in line with the errata. I'll add it to my list.

LordEntrails
April 19th, 2019, 02:51
WDDH
Old Xoblob Shop
The text says the trinkets cost 1d6 gp (gold pieces), but the linked template outputs everything as sp (silver pieces). I assume the story entry has the same disconnect.

EDIT:
Ref Manual page for Zhentarim Hideout has a link to the Lower level player battle map but not the upper level

Zacchaeus
April 19th, 2019, 11:01
WDDH
Old Xoblob Shop
The text says the trinkets cost 1d6 gp (gold pieces), but the linked template outputs everything as sp (silver pieces). I assume the story entry has the same disconnect.

Oops, Can't have people getting a bargain. On the fix list.

EDIT:
Ref Manual page for Zhentarim Hideout has a link to the Lower level player battle map but not the upper level
The map is linked to the first location on the Upper level.

HuseyinCinar
April 19th, 2019, 16:17
In LMOP, in the Forge of Spells room, there is a link that says "Appendix A" but it doesn't link to anything. When you click it, it creates a new Story page.

The Appendix A link *can* be found in the Reference Manual, so I guess it was just linked incorrectly.

Zacchaeus
April 19th, 2019, 17:40
In LMOP, in the Forge of Spells room, there is a link that says "Appendix A" but it doesn't link to anything. When you click it, it creates a new Story page.

The Appendix A link *can* be found in the Reference Manual, so I guess it was just linked incorrectly.

That link works for me. Not sure why it doesn't for you. Possibly an old campaign?

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2019, 01:48
WD:DH
Ref Manual, Chapter 2
T5. Tiger's Eye
first sentence "orangeand-black"

Lord's Alliance
Party Level: 5 quest has the same briefing as the Level 4 quest

Map references in the text of the reference manual refer to things like "map 2.1" but no such numbers are used on the map images list so it is uncertain which map to reference, esp since some of these map references do not inlcude local FG links to the maps. i.e. Business Rival: Emmek Frewn as an example.

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2019, 09:52
Noted.

I'll have a look at the map thing. Dragon Heist isn't the only module it's all of them. I've always just left the text as it is since usually the next thing after such a reference is a link to the map. I see what you mean about such isolated references as you mention although in that specific example it's obviously Trollskull Alley. I'll do a search through the text files and see if I can firm some of that up.

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2019, 17:43
Noted.

I'll have a look at the map thing. Dragon Heist isn't the only module it's all of them. I've always just left the text as it is since usually the next thing after such a reference is a link to the map. I see what you mean about such isolated references as you mention although in that specific example it's obviously Trollskull Alley. I'll do a search through the text files and see if I can firm some of that up.
Thanks, as I read I make specific notes to those I find. Not much reason for us both to read looking for the same thing (though maybe a search int eh xml you have would be faster?)

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2019, 18:35
Thanks, as I read I make specific notes to those I find. Not much reason for us both to read looking for the same thing (though maybe a search int eh xml you have would be faster?)

I can search the text files which would be easier than search the XML files. As I say it's really only for isolated instances where a map is referenced by a number or a name that doesn't relate to the name that the FG map has. I mean I give the FG maps a logical name such as Trollskull Alley rather than map 1.2. I'm not really keen to go through all of the probably hundreds of pages where there is a reference to map x.x and right below that is a link to that map. In the case you mention the reference is not right next to where the map referenced is linked so what I would do there would be to create a link in that story entry to that map.

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2019, 19:03
.. In the case you mention the reference is not right next to where the map referenced is linked so what I would do there would be to create a link in that story entry to that map.
Thanks, that's what I would hope for (not renaming all the references, only adding links when they are missing).

HuseyinCinar
April 20th, 2019, 20:42
That link works for me. Not sure why it doesn't for you. Possibly an old campaign?

How old are we talking?

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2019, 21:10
How old are we talking?

Looking back through my fix list I see there was an error with that link which was fixed in September 2016.

HuseyinCinar
April 20th, 2019, 21:11
Looking back through my fix list I see there was an error with that link which was fixed in September 2016.

This campaign was started after summer 2018.

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2019, 22:32
Hmm, I'm not sure what the solution is then. I certainly can't replicate the error. It is possible that your copy of LMoP hasn't updated or possibly the page has been edited and is thus overwriting the module version off the page.

Tyrannosaurus VeX
April 23rd, 2019, 03:46
I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, it's not a "bug", just a typo. I also DM'd this to Zacchaeus on discord too.

In the 5e Player's Handbook, under the Dual Wielder feat, under the second bullet point, it says "onehanded" instead of "one-handed".

Zacchaeus
April 23rd, 2019, 11:10
Noted

Wolf118
April 25th, 2019, 04:12
Maybe I'm crazy, but you used to be able to drop a potion or spell scroll in the Actions tab and it would be available to use from there (i.e., the Healing Potion dice would be correct and rollable from within the item). Now it seems you can't do that, and I'm not sure when it changed. Possibly within the last 6 weeks, since that was the last session where my players bought some healing potions and they found a spell scroll in the dungeon.

Zacchaeus
April 25th, 2019, 10:41
Maybe I'm crazy, but you used to be able to drop a potion or spell scroll in the Actions tab and it would be available to use from there (i.e., the Healing Potion dice would be correct and rollable from within the item). Now it seems you can't do that, and I'm not sure when it changed. Possibly within the last 6 weeks, since that was the last session where my players bought some healing potions and they found a spell scroll in the dungeon.

Nope, dropping items (apart from weapons and armour) on the actions tab doesn't and never has created any effects.

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2019, 05:56
WDDH
Not sure how it's written in the print copy, but...

V2 Entrance Foyer has a sub section (2 oaragraphs) called "Crumbling Bridges" that looks like it should actually be part of V4.

Zacchaeus
April 28th, 2019, 09:52
WDDH
Not sure how it's written in the print copy, but...

V2 Entrance Foyer has a sub section (2 oaragraphs) called "Crumbling Bridges" that looks like it should actually be part of V4.

This is how it is in the printed version. I'm not sure either that those paragraphs are correctly placed, but I left it as it is in the book. Looking at it again I think it would be better to put it in V4; so I'll do that. Added to the list.

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2019, 17:22
This is how it is in the printed version. I'm not sure either that those paragraphs are correctly placed, but I left it as it is in the book. Looking at it again I think it would be better to put it in V4; so I'll do that. Added to the list.
Thanks, that's kind of what I figured :)

Killer931
April 29th, 2019, 19:50
Yo, in the module Character Options: Talents I the racial Talents are put into Race Sections, seperating them to each race, i.e, Dragonborn Race Feats only show if you go into Racial Feats and click on Dragonborn. However, in Character Options: Talents II, the Racial Talents are not sectioned to their individual Races, which makes navigating them difficult.

Secondly, in the Cleric section of Character Options II, there is a Talent called 'Improved Touch of Defense', however when you click it is shows up correctly as 'Improved Touch of Death'.

rob2e
April 29th, 2019, 19:57
Yo, in the module Character Options: Talents I the racial Talents are put into Race Sections, seperating them to each race, i.e, Dragonborn Race Feats only show if you go into Racial Feats and click on Dragonborn. However, in Character Options: Talents II, the Racial Talents are not sectioned to their individual Races, which makes navigating them difficult.

Secondly, in the Cleric section of Character Options II, there is a Talent called 'Improved Touch of Defense', however when you click it is shows up correctly as 'Improved Touch of Death'.

Killer931, I'll see if Mattekure can address that, but FYI you should report DMs Guild item issues on DMs Guild rather than Fantasy Grounds Message Boards.

Killer931
April 29th, 2019, 20:26
Killer931, I'll see if Mattekure can address that, but FYI you should report DMs Guild item issues on DMs Guild rather than Fantasy Grounds Message Boards.

Sorry Rob, not too great at knowing where to report stuff yet. Thought cause it's a FG module youse would have a hand in the making/bug fixing, but I know better and where to report it now. Thank you! c:

mattekure
April 29th, 2019, 20:55

Its been fixed. It will be available as soon as DMG posts the update. Most of the races in Options II only have a small number, so I broke out the list by race on one page. its easy to just find the ones you want.

rob2e
April 29th, 2019, 20:56
Updated

GavinRuneblade
May 4th, 2019, 21:00
D&D Tactical Maps Revisited: "The Kings Road" map grid is misaligned. It created a double line around every square and tokens line up only to the bottom left of each. Very unusual visual effect.

The mushroom caverns map too: 27272

A few others have a very tiny misalignment of the grid compared to the squares on the scanned map, but I'm not sure if that's fixable it seems the scan was such that the center squares are not the same size as the edges. So the grid lines up in the middle of the map and goes a little out of alignment the farther from the center.

Zacchaeus
May 4th, 2019, 21:34
Oops, that's clearly not acceptable. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

And you are quite right, some of the grid squares seem differently sized in the middle of some of the maps which is throwing the FG grid ever so slightly off. And as you say not a huge amount I can do about that.

YourZombiecat
May 5th, 2019, 02:09
The monster sheet of the Death Slaad (from the Monster manual module and Dungeon of the Mad Mage module) is missing certain spells. On the monster sheet only the 1/Day spells are listed and not the 2/Day spells and at-Will spells. In the physical Monster manual book it has more spells.

Zacchaeus
May 5th, 2019, 09:58
The monster sheet of the Death Slaad (from the Monster manual module and Dungeon of the Mad Mage module) is missing certain spells. On the monster sheet only the 1/Day spells are listed and not the 2/Day spells and at-Will spells. In the physical Monster manual book it has more spells.

So it does. How on earth has that one been around for so long. Thanks for reporting and welcome to the forums.

manukosta
May 6th, 2019, 18:17
Hi I can't find the Yawning Portal Map to first encounter of Dragon Heist....with the grid. Maybe it has another name?

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2019, 19:08
Their is no map of the YP included in DH. That's the same as I the print version. I use one I bought from the DMsGuild, can get you a link if you want it.

Also, if you are getting ready to run DH, I strongly suggest you read the Alexandrian Remix of Dragon Heist.

Zacchaeus
May 6th, 2019, 19:37
Hi I can't find the Yawning Portal Map to first encounter of Dragon Heist....with the grid. Maybe it has another name?

You will find a map of the Yawning Portal in the accompanying module 'Zacchaeus' Dragon Heist Map Pack'

manukosta
May 6th, 2019, 20:42
You will find a map of the Yawning Portal in the accompanying module 'Zacchaeus' Dragon Heist Map Pack'

Found it, awesome! Great quality!

shawge39
May 7th, 2019, 04:14
I believe I've found another issue with Princes of the Apocalypse. On the Feathergale-Spire-DM map and the Feathergale-Spire-Player-Level-Three map the link for room S10 is broken; reporting the following error in the chat window when clicked on:

"Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open. Check your active library modules."

I believe this issue was responsible for some significant stability issues with the application as my group played through the tower. My fantasy grounds application crashed 4 times; it had never happened prior and did not happen the next session after moving past Feathergale Spire.

Zacchaeus
May 7th, 2019, 08:50
I'll take a note for fixing.

It is extremely unlikely that an error like this would cause instability in your client; all that's wrong with the link is that the name of the link was wrong. It is much more likely that you have memory issues. Make sure when FG is running (either your end or your players end) that memory usage isnn't up around the 3Gb mark. If it is then memory is your issue. Cut back on open modules, shared images and shared tokens.

Speculi
May 8th, 2019, 20:07
I think I found a little bug in the Sword Coast Adventure's Guide module.

D&D Sword Coast Adventure's Guide - Campaign Guide
On the map "Sword Coast Map" the pin directly above "The High Forest" leads to an empty entry.

Zacchaeus
May 8th, 2019, 21:03
You are quite correct; the link has a misspelled word which is causing the issue.

Thanks for reporting.

AwfullyGood
September 20th, 2020, 03:01
Hey this is my first post sorry if I accidentally miss a posting rule or something but I noticed a bug on 5e character sheets when dragging to roll hit dice from character sheet it will heal for more than one HD but will only subtract 1 HD from charactersheet.

For example drag HD to chat and right click once to role 2 HD. I rolled 2 4s and have a +0 CON bonus so my Wounds go down by 8 however my # of HD left only goes down by 1.

Zacchaeus
September 20th, 2020, 09:52
Hey this is my first post sorry if I accidentally miss a posting rule or something but I noticed a bug on 5e character sheets when dragging to roll hit dice from character sheet it will heal for more than one HD but will only subtract 1 HD from charactersheet.

For example drag HD to chat and right click once to role 2 HD. I rolled 2 4s and have a +0 CON bonus so my Wounds go down by 8 however my # of HD left only goes down by 1.

Welcome AwfullyGood to FG.

Yes, this is a dead thread. Bugs get reported here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53217-5E-Bug-reports-(2020) (I refresh the bug report thread every year so it doesn't get too big).

At any rate onto your issue. If you did what you describe then FG only knows about the one dice you dragged to chat. After you drag it to chat there's no connection then to the HD box so any changes you make won't get reflected back into the HD box. So only use the HD as FG expects you to which is click the button and roll the dice and if you want to use more then click again.