PDA

View Full Version : Creating Vehicles for 5E - Futuristic

Skillkoil
August 26th, 2018, 06:00
Hello everyone!

So I am creating some vehicles for my campaign and I was wondering if I could get some feedback from all you smart people. Below is a screenshot of one of the vehicles I created. I would love to hear your opinions on it. Ignore the price listed on the item, it will cost much much more. Thanks!

**Note** I have added weight capacity tentatively at 500 lbs. Will probably reduce that.

Valyar
August 26th, 2018, 16:05
I find the look of the vehicle conflicting with the overall theme :) I would go with Eberron style of art if I want to have some science in fantasy games.

Skillkoil
August 26th, 2018, 16:07
My game takes place in 2120 post-apocalyptic earth. I was more interested in the item I created and not the image though.

Valyar
August 26th, 2018, 16:10
Got it, the D&D theme got me confused. So:

How does it travel vertically?
Why it needs munitions when there is no weapon mount visible

Skillkoil
August 26th, 2018, 16:16
Back to the picture... it travels vertically in that you can be standing in the vehicle like the picture on the left shows. Horizontally means the vehicle is horizontal. Maybe I should have made that more clear. As for munitions, in this world there is nanotechnology so just because a mount isn't visible for a weapon does not mean there is not one. That is what the modular ports are for. The image linked is just something to give an approximate idea of what the vehicle looks like, it isn't meant to be an exact image.

Valyar
August 26th, 2018, 16:34
Oh, by vertical you mean it is not ascending or descending in some sci-if manner, just the speed.
Somehow reminds me of Eclipse Phase

Skillkoil
August 26th, 2018, 16:37
Oh, by vertical you mean it is not ascending or descending in some sci-if manner, just the speed.
Somehow reminds me of Eclipse Phase

Correct, I just mean that the vehicle itself is vertical or horizontal. So while it is vertical you basically have standard movement of most creatures but you can attack and do other actions in vertical mode. When the vehicle folds down into horizontal mode you are seated and then driving it like a normal vehicle. (That is why I gave it a standard "Mount" speed.)