PDA

View Full Version : Connection test failure

KillerRabbit
August 25th, 2018, 17:09
Hi

A few weeks ago you guys fixed this very same problem.
Today I wanted some players to join my game, and the problem is alive and kicking.
Last time it was my firewall, when I disable the firewall, the problem is still very alive.
Can you guys help me out again?

Andraax
August 25th, 2018, 17:12
Network set to private? Port still forwarded? Is it being forwarded to the right IP (has the IP of your system changed?)

KillerRabbit
August 25th, 2018, 17:21
Network is private.
I think the port is still forwarded, i can see it being active in the router settings.
The IP that I see in in cmd/ipconfig and that is showing on FG interface is different than the one I'm seeing on https://www.canyouseeme.org/ . Maybe it has something to do with this? Or maybe I'm just checking the wrong number.

Andraax
August 25th, 2018, 17:33
The one you see in canyouseeme is the IP of the far side of your router (or of a pool that your ISP has setup, if that's an issue for you).

You need to make sure that the forwarding on the router is setup to forward to your "internal address" as reported by FG.

KillerRabbit
August 25th, 2018, 17:49
Nah, I have no idea what's wrong...

KillerRabbit
August 25th, 2018, 18:07
Anyone? I have people waiting :(

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2018, 18:22
If it was working before and now isn't then the principle issues will be either your network is no longer set to private; you need to update your rule in your AV which excepts FG or your internal IP address has changed and you need to update your port forwarding rule.

KillerRabbit
August 25th, 2018, 18:48
The problem is fixed, after a reboot. Don't know what was wrong...

Bidmaron
August 25th, 2018, 21:52
Internal op address almost guaranteed. You got lucky on reboot and got assigned the ip with the port forway

Nylanfs
August 27th, 2018, 01:35
Set a static IP address for your computer if you have frequent problems like this.

damned
August 27th, 2018, 02:50
I think it's more likely that the router had just stopped working properly and the reboot cleared the process or session.