PDA

View Full Version : Draw and mask tool errors.

rbtmatrix
August 24th, 2018, 19:35
I couldn't find another post about this or a similar issue.
I have been experiencing a weird bug when using the 64bit FG client 3.3.6 When ever I use the unmask tool to reveal map to my players, or when ever I draw something on a map or other image, my client appears to freeze. I say appears to freeze because my cursor still moves, and if I click in the chatbox and type something, when I hit enter my players still see it. I can still drag pogs around the map, and do other interactions that my players see, but none of it animates or redraws on my display. So far it only happens with the 64 bit version. And I have to either right-click the FG icon in my task bar and close window to exit and restart. The 32bit client runs fine, as long as I don't load all the modules I need for my campaign at once, but instead shuffle them in and out as needed.
I am running Windows 10 pro x64 on a Ryzen 1700 in a B370F chipset board, with 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060 3GB driver version 398.82

Skillkoil
August 24th, 2018, 19:40
You should probably post this in the "House of Healing" section of the forums. You will probably get a faster response to your question. I know when we tried to use 64 bit FG.exe and anyone connected with the 32 bit version it would cause all kinds of conflicts and terminal errors.

Skillkoil
August 24th, 2018, 19:43
Here is a post concerning your exact problem. In the first response. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45206-FantasyGrounds_x64-exe

LordEntrails
August 24th, 2018, 20:38
Welcome to the forums.

Yep, this has been reported a few times before with the x64 version. I suspect it will be one of the first things that is looked into when development work turns to the 64 bit version.