PDA

View Full Version : Formated text mulitple heading levels

brustmlj
August 24th, 2018, 16:08
The <h>Title</h> tag in formatted text fields in FG creates a title tag with formatting rules determined by FG. Can someone add support for multiple heading levels? something like <h1> <h2> <h3>? This might be a request for the CoreRPG ruleset but I am putting it here since I only the the 5E ruleset.

Zacchaeus
August 24th, 2018, 16:11
Add your request (or vote for it since I'm sure you'll find this is already requested) on the wishlist. Link in my signature.

brustmlj
August 24th, 2018, 16:57
Found an existing one to vote on. Too bad 226th place will probable not mean seeing it anytime soon.

LordEntrails
August 24th, 2018, 17:30
Found an existing one to vote on. Too bad 226th place will probable not mean seeing it anytime soon.
Actually the number of votes only has a small part of when things get implemented. It depends upon the effort and feasibility.

Note, that FGU has already been talked about having more/better/different text formatting options. So this might already be included in FGU or might be simple for implementation in that environment.

Adding h1, h2, etc in the current system means that all rulesets and many extensions would have to be updated to account for such formatting. Right now, I just use Title and Bold for two differing levels. And then you can use the story entries themseves, and an indented numbering scheme to imply the more levels of text formatting, so I've never felt a need for more than two levels within a single story entry. Of course, other people will do things differently :)

brustmlj
August 24th, 2018, 17:42
Yes there are definitely options existing and I use all of the things you listed. When trying to build a reference manual or story pages that more closely resembles the source files this shows where things are lacking. I can read the reference manuals for the WoTC products. I own all of them. They are ok but could be better, I still prefer the books. I would love for WotC to published PDF versions of their documents. The FG versions are a step. I have not considered D&D Beyond since I have so much invested in FG. I think improving the Story pages and Reference Manuals could meet many peoples desires for PDFs.