PDA

View Full Version : Radom Table Parcel generation auto identified

brustmlj
August 24th, 2018, 14:54
Hello all,
Maybe this is listed somewhere but is there a way to make the items in a randomly rolled parcel generated from a table be automatically identified?
Thanks,
Mike

Zacchaeus
August 24th, 2018, 16:17
Everything is identified now by default unless you are rolling on the DMG magic item tables; in which case any magic items will be unidentified. The only way to avoid that would be to not use items from the DMG but rather create your own table with items that you have set to be identified.

brustmlj
August 24th, 2018, 16:32
Yes unfortunately I am using DMG items.

damned
August 25th, 2018, 07:43
Yes unfortunately I am using DMG items.

Create Identified copies of them.

brustmlj
August 26th, 2018, 04:07
The reason to link to the DMG is to be able to retain the dynamic updates as the DMG is continuously updated. Fixes added. Errata added. Features added. I am capable of building my own DMG. I would like to take advantage of the hard work you guys do to bring us licensed content and keep it up to date.

LordEntrails
August 26th, 2018, 04:51
The updates are valuable. Just means that at least until another way happens that you will have to manually identify the items after they are rolled. I will add, that I think it's pretty rare that the items themselves are ever updated in the DMG. Though it's certainly possible to happen in the future.

brustmlj
August 26th, 2018, 06:20
One can always hope for weapon effects to be added.

GavinRuneblade
August 26th, 2018, 21:13
Everything is identified now by default unless you are rolling on the DMG magic item tables; in which case any magic items will be unidentified. The only way to avoid that would be to not use items from the DMG but rather create your own table with items that you have set to be identified.

Hmm, then I think I need to track down some repro steps and file a bug. I've had horses, healing potions, a herbalism kit, and a dagger all from the PHB equipment pages show up unidentified when added to parcels or the party inventory. Works fine going directly to a player.

Zacchaeus
August 26th, 2018, 22:11
Hmm, then I think I need to track down some repro steps and file a bug. I've had horses, healing potions, a herbalism kit, and a dagger all from the PHB equipment pages show up unidentified when added to parcels or the party inventory. Works fine going directly to a player.

It depends on when the parcel was created and what state the items was given when it was dragged into the parcel. I just tested and all the items you mentioned when dragged into a parcel are identified. If you see this issue in a new campaign without any extensions then check that you have no folders or temporary files in your rulesets folder in FGData; if so delete them and do an update. If there are no such folders or files then delete the 5e.pak file and do an update.

GavinRuneblade
August 27th, 2018, 00:58
It depends on when the parcel was created and what state the items was given when it was dragged into the parcel. I just tested and all the items you mentioned when dragged into a parcel are identified. If you see this issue in a new campaign without any extensions then check that you have no folders or temporary files in your rulesets folder in FGData; if so delete them and do an update. If there are no such folders or files then delete the 5e.pak file and do an update.

That could be it. the parcels all existed for about a month and the players only just earned them yesterday. If I see it again I'll follow those steps. Thanks!