PDA

View Full Version : LFP Homebrew DnD 5e Campaign, 1-2 more players wanted

IsaiahofDyr
August 24th, 2018, 02:10
Draconia: Lost and Forgotten.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: PST https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/
Day of week and time: Saturdays 12-6 PM Time is inflexible although we do occasionally go short or long.
Planned start date: Saturday, the 8th of September 2018
Planned Duration & Frequency: 6 or so hours, Weekly
Term: For as long as it lasts.

Text or Voice: Voice required.
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60 RP/40 combat
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 1-2 players.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: No flying Races.

Campaign Overview
Draconia is a setting I have created, and something you as a player are not supposed to know about. It may be a tired trope, but in an attempt to try something new, and encourage more exploration, as well as critical thinking the players will start enslaved, and unable to remember anything before their slavery. You still retain your ability to use your skills, and abilities but they are handled somewhat differently when it comes to a few. History, Arcana, Nature, skills like these you will only retain basic knowledge, not specific knowledge. Your nature check can tell you that the berry seems safe to eat, but you won't know what it's called. Arcana can tell you that this magic circle most likely works in a certain way, but you won't know it's specific name, or inventor. Unless you as players discover this knowledge. You won't be making character backgrounds, because they will be something I create for you, that you discover as you play. That in no way means I am telling you who your character is. Only what the world perceived their old life as, and what they believe you have done. I am going to try to refrain from all knowing knowledge being injected. A farmer may tell you what he believes, and your insight says he believes he is correct, yet your critical thinking says that it doesn't make sense, and it will be up to you to decide what that means.

There is no main bad guy, I am not using alignment. The campaign is intended for you to discover and interact with my world, and to shape it. I have written the relations between kingdoms, and their important individuals, and events that most likely will happen. The world will keep chugging on around you, but the campaign can be as grand, or specific as you as a group decide. If you want to investigate where the gods went, that's cool. If you want to start an assassin's guild in Bakersdale, that cool too. We will discuss a lot of this during session 0, but also it will most likely change as you as players, and your characters discover more about the world.

Some key points I will tell beforehand since there needs to be some management of expectations is this. There are no gods, besides the dragons known as the god kings that rule the land. I don't enjoy having very adult material explicit in my game. If you want to seduce a lady you can do it, but don't expect me, nor the group to tell you anything past you succeeded, and these are the results. I try to stay away from sexual violence. Gore, and mutilations are things I will depending on the tone of what is happening I can go into, although I attempt to respect peoples boundaries. I attempt to use it as a tool to create a visceral understanding of the situation. We as a group do curse a lot, and are all above the age of 21. We have been RPing together for about 2 years, yet we are keen to integrate some new blood as a new campaign starts.

We have a varied group of playstyles, and all respect every one else's as best we can. We have a very business oriented player, a semi murder hobo and loot monger, and a guy who likes to just shake things up, and make fun out of it with no ill will towards the party, simply seeking a fun event. You will have to accept the idea that at times we get pretty serious, but generally we are a little silly, and break the fourth wall. If you are an inflexible individual that takes the rules as the word of god, considers constant immersion a necessity, or has a way they believe the game should be played and everyone else is wrong. Need not apply.

Jsuatac
August 24th, 2018, 15:55
Hi, I'm a long time player and experienced with Fantasy Grounds.
I'd love to join your group if you're ok with that? Timing would be 6 to 9pm for me which is great (I'm EST)
I like the role-play aspect and tend to try and liven things up with an accent (bad or otherwise).
I tend to like melee characters but really can lay anything. Do you have a preference to round out the group?

Cheers,
John

Skillkoil
August 24th, 2018, 16:39
Looks like an interesting campaign! As a fellow homebrew DM I wish you the best of luck in your game!

IsaiahofDyr
August 29th, 2018, 22:10
Bump

Hiccup Hippo
August 29th, 2018, 22:45
I am interested in joining your campaign. I am new to both FG and D&D. Your memory loss campaign seems like an interesting premise, and a benefit for me as a new player. Since PC's will have to play as if they are new, I can learn more from their interactions in the world than normal.

audie9010
September 5th, 2018, 22:50
Hello, your game sounds like an amazingly fun and complex world and one I would very much like to join. I have played D&D on and off for 10 years or so and I am looking for a new game to jump into. I have played 5E and know most of what's going on there just would need to brush up and see how your rules affect the game. I generally play stealth-based characters but have played fighters and the like. My most fun move was a tag team with a dragon born who threw me into a group of enemies. That didn't turn out the best a halfling rogue in the midsts of some human bandits I was a little outclassed but lived to get drunk about it after. Anyway, I enjoy the game and part of that is having fun with your party members so who am I to say no when they propose a "Halfling Harpoon".