PDA

View Full Version : Damage Tracks

Claybor
August 22nd, 2018, 16:17
Hola. I was wondering how to go about modeling damage tracks in FG2. What I mean by damage tracks is a series of boxes that can represent different damage types depending on what is in the box. A slash [/] for fatigue/non-lethal, then an [X] for lethal and possibly even a 3rd in which the box is filled to represent lasting damage.

The only games I can point to that do damage in any way like this that I remember at the moment are; Top Secret SI, Cortex Classic, and the one I am thinking about modeling, Everywhen.

Is this doable in FG2 in some way?

Nylanfs
August 22nd, 2018, 17:20
The Shadowrun 4e (& up coming 5e) ruleset has this, haven't dug into the code to figure it out though.

Claybor
August 22nd, 2018, 20:23
OK. Thanks for the heads up. Knowing that it probably can be done is a good start.

sirkerry
August 23rd, 2018, 02:18
Hola. I was wondering how to go about modeling damage tracks in FG2. What I mean by damage tracks is a series of boxes that can represent different damage types depending on what is in the box. A slash [/] for fatigue/non-lethal, then an [X] for lethal and possibly even a 3rd in which the box is filled to represent lasting damage.

The only games I can point to that do damage in any way like this that I remember at the moment are; Top Secret SI, Cortex Classic, and the one I am thinking about modeling, Everywhen.

Is this doable in FG2 in some way?

Isn't Everywhen based on Barbarians of Lemuria? Have you looked at how that ruleset does it?

Claybor
August 23rd, 2018, 02:24
Barbarians of Lemuria uses hit points (lifeblood). Everywhen calculates the hit points the same way, but they are expanded into fatigue, normal and lasting damage.

It looks like other minds are working on it. I was considering grabbing the BoL ruleset soon anyway.

damned
August 23rd, 2018, 04:57
BoL does only have Lifeblood.

VenomousFiligree
August 23rd, 2018, 06:25
Chronicles of Darkness has a similar track, so maybe one of the World of Darkness community rulesets?

Skillkoil
August 24th, 2018, 20:45
I don't know how different it is but Starfinder uses Stam/ Fatigue points before dipping into hitpoints. You may be able to lift at least a temporary solution from that.

Moon Wizard
August 29th, 2018, 09:59
It depends on what you mean by damage track.

Savage Worlds ruleset uses a limited Wounds damage track which affects rolls; and Numenera ruleset uses a damage track as well.

Regards,
JPG