PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Lost Mines of Phandelver [D&D 5e][Saturdays 8pm GMT]

StoryWeaver
August 22nd, 2018, 08:00
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: GMT/UTC https://time.is/GMT (https://time.is/GMT)
Day of week and time: 8pm / 20:00
If new game, planned start date: 25th of this Month (session 0 this Saturday if enough players)
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours, weekly or bi-weekly
Term: Until end of module.

Text or Voice: Voice only
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60 RP/40 combat
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 4-5 players.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: Classes and races from PHB or XGtE. No monks or dragonborn. Meta- and powergaming is discouraged, focus on creating deep interesting personas rather than trying to squeeze out stats and power levels.

I'm planning to run through most of or all of the Lost Mines of Phandelver module.
There will be a mix of theater of the mind and maps during fights.
While I'm an experienced GM, I'm new to FG and running modules so I'll be learning as I go.

Table Rules

#1 Read and understand the Table Rules before joining your first game.
Be courteous and respectful to your fellow players and GM.
If any problems arise during sessions, keep them off the gaming table. Instead shoot me a private in-game message and I’ll make a judgment call on the spot and deal with it accordingly. Or you can bring them to me after the session to be discussed and dealt with in a private manner.
Rule Disagreements: If we disagree, you have three minutes to either find the rule, or convince me it should work how you want. After that I'll make a ruling and tell you why I think it should be that way. There will be no further discussion, and the rule will work that way for the remainder of the session. After the session I will have a more thorough read of the rules, and if you're still unhappy we can discuss further. At the start of next session, I will announce a better-thought-out rule, which we will use from then on, unless we find flaws in it.
I will wing things to keep things moving, while we will try to stick to the rules for the most parts, overall story and flow trumps rules.
Respect other peoples time, don’t be late to planned sessions.
If you can't make a session, let me know with as much advance prior to the session as possible. That way if there aren't going to be enough players for the upcoming session I can notify everyone else so they can make other plans for the evening.
Prior experience with D&D 5e is not necessary, but you will need to read the character creation section as you will be expected to create your own character. Though within FG it should all be drag and drop more or less.
As a GM my main focus is on the grander scheme of things and running a good game, so I trust the players to handle their own part of the game correctly and honestly and learn the rules as well as they can. So please read the rules and refresh any weaknesses in your knowledge as they come up and make sure you become the masters of your own characters inns and outs. Players with little to no D&D 5e experience will be given help and time to get to that point, but in the end it does require a little effort on behalf of the players.
As a GM my workload is often vast. You can think of what is presented to you during play as the top of an iceberg, that is usually the only part you see of what it takes to make the story and adventure possible. So anything you as a player can do to make life easier and the game more enjoyable for everyone is appreciated. The prior note is a large contributor to this.
During play we use headsets over Discord for voice.
There will be no streaming or recording of any kind of the sessions nor is it allowed for any of the players involved.
If at any time you have any questions, feedback or concerns. You’ll find that I’m very approachable and reasonable, and you can always send me a private message or we can have a short private talk after a session.
RPG Etiquette! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9X2Tz7QegM
This generally sums up my approach to DMing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8XX_Il8-8
We're all here to spend a few hours in good company and to have fun, so do your best to bring your good mood and share your imagination and varied acting and voice acting skills with us during play times!

thesnoo
August 22nd, 2018, 21:57
I would be interested in this if there's still a spot available.

Leftropolis
August 23rd, 2018, 00:05
I would be interested too

StoryWeaver
August 23rd, 2018, 03:43
Thank you all for applying and getting in touch. Only one spot left now. :)

GoodJobDog
August 23rd, 2018, 17:20
Is there still one spot left? I'd like to join.

StoryWeaver
August 25th, 2018, 12:37
We still have one spot left unconfirmed, so if you're wanting to join a game of Lost Mines of Phandelver at the start send me a PM. First session is in about 8 hours from now (8pm gmt).

StoryWeaver
August 26th, 2018, 10:34
We're full, thanks to everyone who's shown interest!

Hiccup Hippo
August 26th, 2018, 17:54
I am interested in joining your campaign, so if a spot opens up in your campaign let me know via PM. As enthusiastic as I am to dive into the vast world of the D&D, I am new to the game. If a spot does open up, I can accommodate to the timeline of the campaign as desired.

StoryWeaver
August 27th, 2018, 03:43
Thank you for your interest, I'll keep you in mind if a spot opens up. No worries about being new to the game, the Lost mines of Phandelver is after all an introductory adventure and we'd help you along with the rules as needed. Luckily as well Fantasy Grounds does take care of a lot of the details for us during play.