PDA

View Full Version : [PFRPG]LFP: Return of the Runelords Biweekly Thursday Nights

DMReckless
August 20th, 2018, 02:42
EDIT: Game is Currently Filled 8/23/18

[PFRPG]LFP: Return of the Runelords Biweekly Thursday Nights

Seeking 3-4 Players for a Biweekly Return of the Runelords Campaign. Have 2 players already part of long-term group.

This is for players interested in a long term game, please do not apply if you’re unsure of your ability to commit.

Bi-Weekly Thursdays 7pm-11pm Eastern Standard Time Zone. Session zero planned for Thursday 08/23/18, with session 1planned for 9/6/18.

About the GM(Ult License, Players only need demo): Long term, highly experienced with Pathfinder. Medium level of experience with Fantasy Grounds. Likes active, engaged PCs who invest in the campaign and buy into the narrative, adding to it with personal touches and interactions between PCs and with NPCs too.

I’ve run Rise of the Runelords through the 4th book multiple times, and Shattered Star to its completion. I’d really love to get to the end of Return.

I expect the game to take a year or more of real time to complete, so please be in it for the long haul.

Return of the Runelords
The all-powerful Runelords, near-immortal wizards who ruled Varisia in ancient days, stir to terrible life once more, surging across the frontier with plans to reignite their time-lost empire. Years ago, Pathfinder’s classic Rise of the Runelords campaign explored the return of just one of these terrible masters from the depths of time—now the rest of his scheming allies have returned, their brilliant minds turned solely to conquest!

Voice/text: Discord for voice, boxed text in FG chat, some npc conversations in FG chat with languages

RP/Combat: as always, plenty of opportunity for RP but players must do their parts… combat is as combat does, expect the regular amount of Pathfinder encounters for an Adventure Path.

Miscellaneous: No we will not be switching to PF 2nd Edition at any point during this campaign. Sticking to Paizo published material for this campaign.

Character Creation:

Races: Core rulebook Races plus Aasimar, Ratfolk, and Tengu.

Classes: Any Paizo Published except summoners, use unchained classes if you want. Fighters gain Stamina from unchained for free.

Other: Hero Points in play.

Starting Stuff: 25 point buy but with no stat above 17 before racial adjustment. Max starting money for class. Max Hit Points for 1st and 2nd levels, ¾ HD after that (round up to 8 for d10 classes). 2 Traits plus a Campaign Trait selected after the Player’s guide comes out around the end of this month.

Houserules:

Story Feats: PCs get a free story feat at character creation; this feat is to be worked into the PC’s background and will be worked into the plot of the campaign.

Teamwork Feats: At 2nd level and every 4 levels after that, PCs get a free Teamwork Feat with the caveat that at least 2 party members must choose each selected Feat so they can be used for, you know, teamwork. (So in a party of 5, 2 people could select 1 feat while the other 3 select a different one.)

Criticals: We will be using the Critical Hit Deck for Crits. PCs do not need to confirm, NPCs do Due to this, keen and improved critical will not be a part of this game. A x3 weapon lets you draw 2 cards and choose the one you prefer. A x4 lets you draw 3 and choose. Most cards do normal or double damage with additional effects. The cards will supersede the normal effects for Crits,

Skill Feats: A PC gains one of the following Feats at 1st level: Acrobat, Alertness, Athletic, Deceitful, Deft Hands, Magical Aptitude, Persuasive, Prodigy, Self-Sufficient, and Stealthy. The two skills associated with the Feat chosen become Class Skills for the PC and they gain a free Rank in those skills each level.

PlayerJTM
August 20th, 2018, 02:58
Ready for duty!

It looks like the Player's Guide isn't out yet, but James Jacobs says it's coming soon and that players can use the other Runelords Player's Guides just as easily.

PlayerJTM
August 20th, 2018, 02:59
I might revisit Yvard the Bard after he fled Korvosa, but I want to see the guide first.

GNEDevil
August 20th, 2018, 03:24
Looking forward to playing! Thinking about a transmutation gnome sorceress for the game.

kneebone
August 20th, 2018, 18:13
Quite interested. PM Sent.

If accepted, I can easily play the fill-in player. I have one of each of the four standard classes ready to go, just need to tweak the backstory to this AP.

Aasimar Cleric (LG, Iomedae)
Human Fighter (LN, sword and board type)
Half-Elf Rogue (CG, eye towards arcane trickster, archaeologist type)
Human Wizard (N, necromancer, well-meaning, but creepy)

I'd be good to play any of these depending on what the group needs.

jdhavens
August 20th, 2018, 23:09
I would be interested in playing. I have a good bit of exp. with dnd (3.5, 4, 5) but have never played any pathfinder. I have been wanting to try it out but everyone I play with won't get away from dnd. I would not have a problem making every session bi-weekly Thursdays works perfect with another game I'm running for a group right now. I am a fairly quick learner and have been told that pathfinder runs somewhat similar to dnd 3.5 which I have the most experience in however true that is I'm not sure. If there is room available for another player please PM me. Thanks-

Unbutu
August 21st, 2018, 04:59
Hey, I'd be in :)

With the Ratfolk open, I'd like to play a pesky little Vigilante sniper :)

Lokiel
August 23rd, 2018, 04:12
Stratton, it is I, Elrion, Iro, and....many others. I have free time again and want to join.

Huckleberry
August 24th, 2018, 22:10
Looks like I was too late to the party but I have to proclaim my interest anyway.

I have played through Rise of the Runelords and about am about 85% through a Shattered Star campaign at the moment, I would love the chance to complete the trilogy and if a space happens to open up the time would work great for me to be a consistent player.

A little about me - Have played D&D / Pathfinder in one form or another for about 20 years, most of that time as a GM but with a fair smattering of time in the player chairs as well. I have played one full campaign on Fantasy Grounds with some real life friends and have done a couple other one shots so my familiarity with the platform is decent. I have done a TON of time in roll20 so in terms of general online play I have a lot of experience.

Given the option, I would play a Tengu alchemist. I envision him as a chaotic good vagrant. Living on the periphery of the community and scrounging on the streets and alleyways, a little strange but friendly with a passionate fondness for children and the elderly and some variety of crippling phobia that keeps him from living a more standard life.

If a space opens up I will flesh things out more. I am open to playing other roles if something else is needed. The above is just the one that snagged my imagination.