PDA

View Full Version : Dice Command Request

damned
August 19th, 2018, 23:33
Hi Moon Wizard

Looking over the rMessage options in the refdoc there are a bunch of different options available.
I can display the SUM of the Dice rolled or not but I want to change the value that is displayed.
I dont want to fudge the dice - I want to be able to display a different value, using calculations other than a SUM.
There are many, many games that dont SUM the dice for the result.
Im currently reporting these in rMessage.text but this is not draggable data.
I can also set the result to be negative, double or half.
Can we have another option to set the result based on a value we feed it?

To be clear - the dice will still show what they rolled - but I want to display the total as something different - eg number of success, or a number converted against a table etc.

Moon Wizard
August 22nd, 2018, 08:43
You can do that on a per roll basis by setting an onDiceTotal handler in the chatwindow control; and then returning a non-null number value to set a custom numerical roll result. I believe you only get the chat message record in that function; so you’ll need to trigger off of chat entry text or chat entry type.

Regards,
JPG

damned
August 22nd, 2018, 08:51
You know what... I think you posted that to me once before... I think there were no examples at that time to leach off and I suspect they are still few and far between...
Im going to have another crack at it...!

Moon Wizard
August 22nd, 2018, 08:59
That’s because there are no examples yet, as no one has implemented it yet. I originally built it thinking it could be used for Shadowrun and other success based systems.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
August 22nd, 2018, 09:31
Umm, the DORCore's Dice Machine can do all that type of stuff already - that's one of the main reasons I wrote it, after all :)

damned
August 22nd, 2018, 10:28
Umm, the DORCore's Dice Machine can do all that type of stuff already - that's one of the main reasons I wrote it, after all :)

It does however break lots of other things so its unfortunately not the answer for me at this time.

dulux-oz
August 22nd, 2018, 10:52
It does however break lots of other things so its unfortunately not the answer for me at this time.

Shouldn't be breaking that much - yes, I've got to update it for FGv3.3.6 (which is something I'm working on) and the Menubar/Sidebar routines are a tad different, but there shouldn't be much else.

Anyway, just trying to help and bring something to peoples' attention :)

Cheers