PDA

View Full Version : /die help

amannella
June 6th, 2006, 16:39
Hi Guys,

I know you can assign hot keys to the /die command like /die 1d20+2 Melee ro things like that but it rolls the dice for you. I wonder if you can put only the modifier with a description next to it to allow us to roll the dice ourselves.

What I mean is i would like a hotkey to basically just add modifiers when I click on it (ex. +2 Str +1 vs orc +2 flanking) then roll the dice manually and itll add the modifiers. I know it can be done with character sheet modifiers but i want to add custom not in sheet modifiers as well.

Just that i like the feeling of actually rolling a dice myself instead of just clicking and seeing a number.

Thanks

Kalan
June 6th, 2006, 16:47
Hi Guys,

I know you can assign hot keys to the /die command like /die 1d20+2 Melee ro things like that but it rolls the dice for you. I wonder if you can put only the modifier with a description next to it to allow us to roll the dice ourselves.

What I mean is i would like a hotkey to basically just add modifiers when I click on it (ex. +2 Str +1 vs orc +2 flanking) then roll the dice manually and itll add the modifiers. I know it can be done with character sheet modifiers but i want to add custom not in sheet modifiers as well.

Just that i like the feeling of actually rolling a dice myself instead of just clicking and seeing a number.

Thanks

just type it into the chat window like you normally would: eg: /die Help Fred Fly +4, but instead of hittin enter, use your mouse to drag it into the hotkeys...

I think that's how its done...pretty sure...ok...90% sure...

richvalle
June 6th, 2006, 16:57
That sounds right Kalan.

You can also drag and drop from the list of 'common modifers' that is in the 'd20' book. Either drag them straight to the mod box or to a hot key.

If there are some modifers that get used by the party all that are not listed it is pretty easy to add them. Just find the right xml file and edit it.

rv

amannella
June 6th, 2006, 16:57
just type it into the chat window like you normally would: eg: /die Help Fred Fly +4, but instead of hittin enter, use your mouse to drag it into the hotkeys...

I think that's how its done...pretty sure...ok...90% sure...

Nah it doesnt work if I do this is wont do anything, if i do it reverse like /die +4 help roger fly itll just show a bubble with 4 in it without giving me a chance to roll.

richvalle
June 6th, 2006, 16:59
Make it '+4 help fred fly'. I think that should work.

Craw
June 6th, 2006, 17:11
It is a bit touchy, but there is a syntax that works. I have those type modifiers all over my hotkeys. I just forget exactly how to do it right now.

Kalan
June 6th, 2006, 17:51
it could be Vinny was just mixed up too...happens when I'm doin most of this surfin stuff from work and not home ;) When I'm home I'm too busy coding FG rulesets to post on the boards!

In fact I think I did mix it up...I believe the modifier goes before the description, tho I can't be sure until I'm home and able to test...

Craw
June 6th, 2006, 17:55
try /die +4 "help Fred fly"

amannella
June 6th, 2006, 18:13
thks guys i figured it out thks to all your posts.

typing +4 help fred flie will display help fred fly with the number 4 in a bubble, dragging this number into the modifier square then dragging it from the square to the quickslot makes it work. Then all i have to do is click the quickslot and roll my dice an itll show the text I want with the modifier I want.

Ram Tyr
June 7th, 2006, 01:02
Just because I think this is easier than what you are doing, let me describe what I have done...if you prefer another method, that is ok too!

If you have a modifier that you can't drag and drop from the common modifiers windown in FG ruleset, or from the character sheet, then I recommend:
(1) scrolling the mousewheel over the "modifier box" that sits beneath the chat window until it shows the number that you want,
(2) drag that number to a hotkey,
(3) name the hotkey the text that you want to label the modifier.

I believe the third step is accomplished by right clicking on the hotkey and selecting the icon for editing the label. (Don't select the one that deletes or clears the hotkey, that will delete the number you just associated with it.)

Lots of modifiers are found in the common modifiers window of the FG ruleset. Lots more dragable text is found on the character sheet. Almost all my hotkeys come from these sources. For example, drag your character's strength modifier to a hotkey and it will associate with that hotkey, including a proper label. However, when your modifiers change on your character sheet, they don't change on the hotkeys. So, hotkeys associated with BAB, for example, has to be changed whenever BAB increases.

(How about adding that functionality to the list of upgrades to FG, devs? I forget to upgrade things on my char sheet when I level up, never mind having to remember to modify the hotkeys!)

Also, for multiple modifiers, I use multiple hotkeys. So, on a melee attack I might hit my melee hotkey (from character sheet), magic weapon bonus (manually input), flanking bonus hotkey (from common modifiers), and bless (from common modifiers, I think). Then I pick up the d20 and roll away, the result is the die plus the total modifier from those hotkeys, with text listing the each hotkey label.

Later.
Ramza

LordTomar
June 7th, 2006, 01:21
for my bless hotkey I did this...
1. type /die +1 bless <enter>
2. this gives a buble on the chat window that shows 1 bless.
3. now drag this bubble to the hotkey bar.
4. now when you hit this button it will give a +1 mod to your dice rolls with the bless description.

I do this a lot with a number of differnt mods.

richvalle
June 7th, 2006, 14:42
I THINK if you drag your weapon to hit number down to a hot key and then change it later, the hot key changes as well.

rv