PDA

View Full Version : Drag and drop damage

Schmauch
August 19th, 2018, 11:53
Hi all,

I´m playing an adventure with FG to support me directly on the game table ( monitor in table for the players ) and a laptop for me as a GM. My Players throw their own physical dice and I have to allocate the damage manually. And FG makes it a PIA to find the correct token from the map on the CT, especially if the tokens have longer names as in the Dead Suns Path Encounter "Caugth in the crossfire". So I´m looking for a way to enter damage in the chat window and drag it onto the correct token. I found hints that it is possible in the 4e ruleset (pretty simple) but it does not work for Starfinder ( surprise ). Can somebody give me a hint. FG doesn´t seem to support local games so much as it does the more automated variants.

THX for considering,

Schmauch

Andraax
August 19th, 2018, 14:15
Why don't you just turn on manual rolls?

Schmauch
August 19th, 2018, 18:56
So if I figure this out correctly I will set up a "NSC" that has a weapon with no modifiers and drag the damage onto the target. But I think the targeted token will still react to things like DR or special resistances. Is there a way to override that and just add plain damage to the correct token?

Moon Wizard
August 19th, 2018, 20:34
You can type /die # in chat to create a chat number entry; and then drag to Wounds field in CT to directly add damage without triggering DR/resistance/etc.

Regards,
JPG

Schmauch
August 19th, 2018, 22:27
Thnak you for the suggestion but that´s exactly the problem. Making the connection between the tokens on the map and in the CT, identifying a token in the CT by looking/clicking on the map token. Once I identified it correctly I got no problem doing whatever I want to it. But it seems to be a fringe problem I´m having ;) Thanks for all your consideration so far.

Torg Smith
August 19th, 2018, 23:16
I am not sure what access your players have to Fantasy Grounds at the table, but here is the description of the manual dice. If they target the enemy they want to attack and click the attack with the manual dice enabled, they will be prompted for the result. Once they enter the unmodified roll, the automation will take over. The video below is where Doug is talking and demoing it.

At 32:33 time. This link should put you right there.
https://youtu.be/XUhYLoo1uoc?t=1953

Torg Smith
August 20th, 2018, 00:06
Also, not knowing how much you know about Fantasy Grounds. Here is a video of how to handle combat with the map in order to avoid selecting units in the combat tracker. With Manual Dice toggled on in the options, you will be prompted every time a die roll is needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_4jbnaHo2A