PDA

View Full Version : 5E Coding: Immunities and Resists

tnlee
August 18th, 2018, 21:09
I'm running a campaign that has a custom-made creature type with a lot of resists and immunities. The lines from the adventure state the creatures are,

"immune to all nonmagical attacks, and are resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from magical attacks and damage from spells and other magical effects."

I've been having trouble getting the coding to work properly. I've tried using the Immunity example from the wiki but it doesn't allow magical weapon damage through. I've tried !magic directly after the comma and also with a space. I've tried adjusting the item's damage tag to piercing, magic as well as piercing,magic. Is there a better way to do this automatically?

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2018, 21:21
So this creature is immune to all non magical attacks so IMMUNE: slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic will cover that.

For the next bit RESIST: piercing, bludgeoning, slashing will give resistance to all such attacks (including magic ones) so you don't need anything for that.

So in the NPC sheet you'll have
Damage immunities slashing, piercing, bludgeoning from nonmagical attacks
Damage resistances slashing, piercing, bludgeoning

EDIT: seeing your graphic you have other immunities in there so you would need this

Damage immunities acid, lightning, fire; slashing bludgeoning, piercing from nonmagical attacks. Note the semi colon in there.