PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Connect/Connection Test Failure

MJ2k
August 18th, 2018, 05:30
Unable to Connect/Connection Test Failure

Hi fellow Gamers I hope you can help me out here? I am stuck....

I am unable to connect to Fantasy Ground with players (did a test with a player a week or so ago) and when I run the connection test as a DM I get a “Failure”

Modem: I am in an apartment block with a centralized modem (I guess) that I cannot access. I tried Hamachi solution but I am unable to connect to Hamachi (get a scrips error whenever I log into my account?).

Router: I have UPnP enabled on my router. However, there are no fuctions on the router itself that allows me to mess around the 1802 port forwarding. I can only enable/disable the UPnP function.

VPN: I am living in China and therefore I need to have a VPN active to connect to this thing called the internet! I have no clue how or if the VPN connection in any way influences Fantasy Grounds?

Box: Windows 10 Home, x64. I have been trying to mess around with the firewall setting (windows defender firewall with advanced security) but again I am pretty much just shooting magic missiles down the corridor hoping to hit something!

ANY advice would be highly appreciated!

Behind the screen since 1987!

DM MJ2K

damned
August 18th, 2018, 09:01
Hey mate - you might not have any simple fixes. Send me your email via PM if you want me to have a look with you.

MJ2k
August 18th, 2018, 09:18
Appreciate that!

damned
August 18th, 2018, 11:42
Sorry MJ2k my good wife grabbed me for a family movie at that moment.
I will most likely be back on later today/tonight.

Gwydion
August 18th, 2018, 13:46
Hey MJ2K. I'm not sure if you connected with damned (he will definitely get you sorted), but perhaps try zero tier if you haven't connected with him yet? Its free an easy to at least try. I created a short video on it as well on how to set it up that you can find here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os1jjbQAFao