PDA

View Full Version : Converting Pathfinder Module into Playtest Ruleset?

Gwydion
August 17th, 2018, 19:39
Hey, guys. So I just purchased Crypt of the Everflame, an original pathfinder adventure. I listened to Jason Bulmahn run the guys at the Glass Cannon podcast through it as he converted it to Pathfinder Playtest on the fly. I was thinking of doing the same thing. So, I purchased the pdf from paizo, connected my paizo account to FG and received the discount as I purchased the FG module. My question is, I can't open the module directly in the pathfinder playtest ruleset. I didn't think about that before I purchased it. Is there a way for me to open this pathfinder module in the playtest ruleset or do I need to create the module from scratch from the PDF in the playtest ruleset? I was hoping to have a really good start with the original FG module.

Thanks! New to Pathfinder in general and the playtest has me interested in adding it to the 5e games I play and run.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 19:45
Try this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension

You will get errors as the data format has changed - especially for NPCs and items (the addition of traits). But story and images should be OK.

Gwydion
August 17th, 2018, 20:00
Thanks, Trenloe! Wasn't aware of that one....

Ampersandrew
August 17th, 2018, 22:57
Awesome! Ii was kicking myself for spending in the region of $100 for the Three Pathfinder beastiaries and then not being about to use the tokens in my Pathfinder 2 Playtest games (which is all I'm running).

/me does the dance of joy!

Trenloe
August 18th, 2018, 01:40
Awesome! Ii was kicking myself for spending in the region of $100 for the Three Pathfinder beastiaries and then not being about to use the tokens in my Pathfinder 2 Playtest games (which is all I'm running).

/me does the dance of joy!
Dances of joy are welcomed! :)

Please let us know how your playtest games go. I'm running my first one on Tuesday! Face-to-face but using FG for the map, CT and NPCs.