PDA

View Full Version : New GM looking for a tester now

Erklimir
August 16th, 2018, 23:27
Hi, I'm learning the interface now and was curious if anyone is around who wanted to help me get a feel for things. I have a map, can make an encounter with monsters, put the monsters on the map, put them in the combat tracker, make a PC, put the PC in the combat tracker and have them combat, but... I cant figure out how to put the PC on the map for some reason, like i can the monster. I'm wondering if its because Im the GM. Im on discord now at coopervegas#7600

Llyle
August 16th, 2018, 23:30
I think you might have to drag and drop the character from the combat tracker onto the map, but I'm not sure. I'd be willing to test stuff with you though, I have a couple of hours time right now.

Erklimir
August 16th, 2018, 23:52
Thanks Llyle, I sent you a msg with the login info.

Erklimir
August 17th, 2018, 00:00
Bump; I guess Llyle went afk :), anyone out there? shouldnt take more than 5minutes I hope.

Llyle
August 17th, 2018, 00:14
Bump; I guess Llyle went afk :), anyone out there? shouldnt take more than 5minutes I hope.

I'm still here, the adress you sent me didn't work for some reason.

Erklimir
August 17th, 2018, 00:33
hmm ok gimme 15min and ill try again

Llyle
August 17th, 2018, 00:33
Okay no problem.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 00:36
I cant figure out how to put the PC on the map for some reason, like i can the monster. I'm wondering if its because Im the GM.
Drag the PC from the Character Selection window to the Combat Tracker, then drag the token from the combat tracker to the map.

Always, always, add PCs or NPCs to the combat tracker first, then drag the token from the combat tracker entry to the map. If you don't do this there will be no link between the token and the PC/NPC record, so no targeting, no drag/drop attacks/damage etc..

Llyle
August 17th, 2018, 01:53
I hope Trenloe's comment helped out! I tried several times to connect to your FG and it never worked, no idea why, but I'll have to let it go for now. If any more questions come up just ask in the forums, the people aare great and very helpful here!

Take care!

Vhok
August 17th, 2018, 02:06
if he is a new dm i bet he never set up his port forwarding.

Erklimir
August 18th, 2018, 06:01
Sorry Llyle I dropped off yesterday. Thanks for trying; I did manage to get everything going and test what I wanted to.

Llyle
August 18th, 2018, 13:29
No worries! Glad you got everything to work :)

thesnoo
August 18th, 2018, 20:05
If you have discord, you could get on the Fantasy Grounds College discord, they have classes for people to learn how to use FG, and some specific to being an FG DM.

https://discord.gg/Ew6nYyw