View Full Version : [Closed] LFP - 5E Campaign Set in Waterdeep

lokiare
August 16th, 2018, 21:03
FG License: GM has Ultimate so players only need the demo
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Central Time USA, but players from everywhere are welcome
Day of week and time: Wednesdays at 1:00pm CST/CDT
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour session Weekly
Term: Long term. Will play through to level 20. Official D&D adventures.

Text or Voice: Voice only
Voice software used: Discord (custom server)

Role-Play/Exploration/Combat mix: 33%/33%/33% though at high levels it may appear that there is more combat.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 4 more. The goal is to have enough players that if one needs to duck out for a session or two we'll be ok.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level with standard starting equipment as per PHB
Character restrictions: Official D&D products only (UA upon group discussion)

Details of your scenario: Volo wants you to find one of his friends. Pretty easy and harmless quest right?
We are introducing house rules that everyone agrees on. We plan on ending up in Undermountain at some point.

Link to Gamecalendar page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2021)

Koios
August 16th, 2018, 22:57
Hi! I'd love to join your campaign. I've only recently started D&D (1 4-hour session) but quickly became obsessed and read the PHB and DM Guide front to back, learn quickly as well so shouldn't be a hindrance!

I played an Elf Ranger in my AL session but I wouldn't mind branching out and trying something like a Druid or Wizard/Sorc. I'm comfortable with tactical combat and exploration, and I found I adapted much easier to roleplaying once I was not fiddling with learning the rules.

I'm 30 if age matters, in EST time zone. I have a flexible work schedule and operate from home so showing up is no problem.

Hope that's everything!

FYI the gamecalendar does not seem to link to any event.

damned
August 16th, 2018, 23:08
Loki your Calendar is set to Private or Not Started Yet or similar so no one can access it.

lokiare
August 17th, 2018, 13:15
Loki your Calendar is set to Private or Not Started Yet or similar so no one can access it.

I fixed that. I must have done that last time I added people to a full group.

Lideli
August 17th, 2018, 18:54
Hi! I'm interested, I'm quite new to D&D, around half a year with Tomb of Annihilation. Played on roll20 so I'm new to Fantasy ground but learn I quickly.
Is this the Waterdeep: Dragon Heist that will come out or homebrew?
As for my character I'm looking to maybe play a subtle Sorcerer with maybe little dip in rogue/warlock. Loved being sneaky and casting spells outside of combat, however I like melee in combat so I'm a little torn between that.
Live in Sweden but the time is alright with me, should be ending at midnight for me.

pfrandsen
August 17th, 2018, 21:47
Applied on the calendar. Open to playing anything the group requires. I have FG ultimate and some experience as a player. Been playing D&D since the 80's. Laid back guy who enjoys good storytelling, RP and action. Reliably available at that time.

Zomnivore
August 17th, 2018, 23:13
Hi, I would like to apply. I'm thinking of playing a rogue. I've done a few sessions in person and in real life, and the time works for me. I'm disabled so my schedule is pretty free.

if it matters/helps I own the complete D&D package they offer on FG and can share it if people want to create characters they might not usually have access to or are interested in checking out the content I can share. (I can't share to free users though as far as I know without someone with the ultimate upgrade hosting)

I'm also CT it says -6 but I think thats in UTC or w/e they go on the site.

Personally I kinda play like its a video game right now. Have a bit of trouble developing a really interesting character. I do however like to do cool things you'd think of in a video game with the added bonus of all the creative freedoms table top allows.

lokiare
August 18th, 2018, 13:34
I've sent PM's to everyone that was interested.

DigitalTwisted
August 19th, 2018, 00:01
Hey Loki

If there's still space I'd be interested in this though it appears you've filled them all...

Check my intro post here for details on me:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45193-LFG-1-player-Any-day-evening-GMT-5E

I'm GMT but 1pm CST is 7pm GMT which fits perfectly in my 6pm-12am window for playing.

clawclawbite
August 19th, 2018, 03:03
I also applied on the calendar and by PM. Hope there's still space.

Thanks!

Gilliam
August 19th, 2018, 11:07
Hello,

I applied on the game calendar. I've been playing D&D for a few years now and am familiar with 5e. I play IRL every other Sunday and am looking for a good long term campaign to play at home on FG. I Applied as a Monk but can play any class to round out the group. My work schedule is 4am to 10am CDT/CST so I shouldn't have any issues schedule wise.

DigitalTwisted
August 19th, 2018, 18:39
I've got a Ranger, Paladin, Wizard and a Barbarian rolled up to go with the party characters listed on the calendar so I can fit in anywhere and am happy to go with whatever the parties needs are.

lokiare
August 20th, 2018, 13:58
We have 8 players, so for now this is closed.