PDA

View Full Version : Possibly seeking Players for new campaign

Myth
June 6th, 2006, 00:38
Okay, here's the situation. :)

I used to host games online all the time. At first I used WebRPG, but found the suckiness factor of WebRPG to be way more than I could choke down. So I looked around and found a MUD engine, and built my own engine, with most things automated. I spent about 400 hours developing, proofing, and enhancing it. I ran 1-2 groups there, weekly, for about 2 years. Had *loads* of fun.

But then for various reasons I had to quit. (I was married, I had to drop high-speed and regress to dial-up, etc.) So, I've been scratching that ol' Gaming itch by building a world. It's 3.5e, pretty extensively detailed, not many exceptions to the basic rules (most of those are minor race-oriented tweaks, like all dwarves getting DR 1 (any), elves take a 2-point hit to constitution but get bonus feats and spells, etc.) In short, I've built this setting while keeping in mind that I intend to take it online. I've also been playtesting it in fairly frequent face-to-face sessions. It's rearin' to go.

I still haven't named the setting yet, though... heh. I *hate* picking a setting name. It's the first contact anyone has with your world, and if it's lame, it can be *really* hard to overcome the initial revulsion. All the good names are taken... Athas, Greyhawk, Kyranath, Earth, Oerth, Urth, etc. If anyone has idears for a cool, intriguing, exciting name for a setting/world, they would be really appreciated.

I'm currently evaluating 2 platforms, deciding which I'll run with. Fantasy Grounds is my #1 contender, and Battlegrounds is my 2nd choice. If I go with FG, then I'll be checking for interest on this forum. (Or if anyone wants to go to Battlegrounds... though I'm not *trying* to recruit anybody away from FG.)

I've got a bare-bones website up for the new setting, if anyone's interested. I'll be getting more info up in the next few days, as well. https://portland.puremagic.com/~scott/new_world is the URL. Like I said... I don't have a name yet. When I do, the URL will change slightly, obviously. :)

Even if you're not interested in playing, feedback is more than welcome. I've got reams of material lined out, but it's all in Word format and I need to convert it to HTML and get it on my site.

And, once I pick a platform, I'll be recruiting Players. Here are my credentials. :)

I've been DMing since I was about 11. Of course, for the first 3 or 4 years, the games were wildly free-form... "You meet an Innkeeper... surprise, he's a dragon! He eats you! In his belly you discover a strange new world, and within 3 adventures, you've achieved Demi-God status, sporting enough magical equipment to take over all 7 Hells." That kinds of stuff. *sigh* Sweet nostalgia.

But I read lots of DMing self-help books (I'm not joking, how sad is that?) and played extensively for many years. (I'm 34.) I spend about 3 years running campaigns in the online shared world of Thardferr, which in its heydey boasted maybe 20 or 30 active DMs and hundreds of players. I've got countless hours of DMing experience.

My gaming style focuses on roleplay. I stick to the rules, because I've found that the rules are the skeleton of a game, and without 'em it's just DM whim... which generally sucks. My approach is to set the stage, organize the NPCs, and establish various ongoing plotlines... and then just run the stage. The Players affect things; I don't run scripted plotlines. Frequently, Player luck/stupidity/brilliance/insanity results in the game taking a whole different direction than I'd anticipated, but that's okay. I only build the campaign plotline 1 or maybe 2 sessions in advance, so that I can easily refocus if things switch tracks.

My biggest strength as a DM is my NPCs, I think. I build 'em deep. I try to present realistic, vibrant NPCs with history and personality and motivations and goals, from the hill giant holed up outside of town to the nefarious underworld boss. Often, the NPCs die... but they're not presented as expendible, no-detail collections of stats.

Speaking of death, PCs sometimes die in my games. I do try to arrange things so that a realistic challenge is possible... but if you go up against the Thieves' Guild and they get the drop on you, I ain't gonna save you. Bad luck can also get you killed... I've had a player die several times while raiding orc bands because the orcs got some critical hits he wasn't ready for. I believe that this keeps the game vibrant... you're not immune to death or catastrophe, and bad choices & bad luck can take you down even if the odds are in your favor.

The game ranges wherever circumstances take the group. From a city to a sewer to an icy mountain range, depending on what's being worked on by the party.

I do stress party cooperation. In a face-to-face game, an errant PC can be a problem. Online, an errant PC can virtually destroy the game. There are perfectly IC consequences for adventurers who turn on their buddies, and I am careful not to shield PCs from these consequences. And at some point, I simply ask counterproductive Players to find a different group. I dislike doing this, but to keep the game fun for everyone else, I've had to do it a few times in the past.

The flavor of the campaign is fairly low-power. If you design a combat-focused character, that's fine, but large portions of time will be spent role-playing, investigating, travelling, etc. In combat, you'll shine... but combat isn't a huge part of most of my campaigns. I also frown on powergaming... building every character to maximize his efficiency even though that's not the focus of his persona. It's okay to focus a fighter on fighting... that's their goal in life. :) But most Players tend to min/max their stats with a focus on AC and Attack/Damage, even though the characters might have a hard time justifying this. I prefer characters who are more realistic, and more justified. If your rogue spends a lot of effort on his longsword skill, you need to make sure that's part of his persona, and not just a way to achieve maximum combat prowess.

There is magic, of course, and it's not ultra-rare, or low-powered. It's just not commonly available or widely distributed. Things like holy avengers, staves of the magi, and vorpal swords exist, but they're nearly unique.

I'll post some adventure logs from adventures that have been going on for the last 3 years, in case anyone cares to get a glimpse of what kind of games I run.

That's about it. Hopefully I'll be back in a few days to see if anyone's interested in playing, and I'll monitor this thread in the meantime.

Happy Gaming,
Myth

Llarish
June 6th, 2006, 01:39
Hey Myth. You totally stole my plot idea! I own the innkeeper is a dragon story! =P
I haven't jumped over to your website yet, but what I read here would make me interested in giving things a go and see if we fit together or not. I'll hop over to the website in a bit and check things out over there as well.
What times and days are you looking at? I'm Pacific (GMT -8), but generally have a pretty open scheduale. My wife has also messaged you about this.
Llarish

Myth
June 6th, 2006, 03:18
*grin* re: Innkeeper-dragon

I'm PST as well. Sorry, forgot to post possible time slots. Probably Wed or Thursday from 7 or 8 PST to around midnight. Not sure yet.

The website's pretty sparse. I'm expanding it daily, though.

LordTomar
June 6th, 2006, 08:26
Sounds interesting. Depending on what day/time you decide to play id like to give it a try. Because of another game, I would not be able to play on thurs. I am also on PST so most likely time would not be a problem, just day.

A little about me, I started playing DnD back in HS, heard about it before that but never played (LOL it was one of those religious guys who was talking about it, and we all know what they thought of DnD back in the 80s.) My first camps i played in were mostly hack and slash, but I could never get into those. The games I play in now are mostly roleplaying, and those are what I enjoy the most.

John_Geeshu
June 6th, 2006, 15:34
Great looking map dude. Way cool. I love maps. Yours looks really interesting which tells me that you care and don't just throw stuff out willy-nilly. I'm not looking for another campaign, already have enough on my plate, but wanted to give you that feedback. When you update your site post in this thread so I can go take a squizz at your world.

Myth
June 6th, 2006, 23:30
Thanks for the input!

Tomar, I'll keep this thread posted as I figure more stuff out. Thanks!

Myth

Solvaris
June 7th, 2006, 19:04
Sweetness. Sounds awesome Myth. It is always great to see someone really go the extra mile to build a fully realized campaign world. Good luck with it. Battlegrounds does look indeed like an awesome tool but it is still just in beta mode. Fantasy Grounds is excellent once you learn it. You should give it a try.

Myth
June 7th, 2006, 19:25
Great looking map dude. Way cool. I love maps. Yours looks really interesting which tells me that you care and don't just throw stuff out willy-nilly. I'm not looking for another campaign, already have enough on my plate, but wanted to give you that feedback. When you update your site post in this thread so I can go take a squizz at your world.

I've done some more work with the maps. I'm working on the Tarim area first, so that's today's project. I got the main map set up the way I want it, with clickable links to additional areas. Give it a gander. :)

Myth

amannella
June 8th, 2006, 19:58
Nice work Myth, I like checking out new settings. I can't seem to find where Tarim is though, or if there is a link to it on your map?

amannella
June 8th, 2006, 19:58
Nevermind, i found it :)

Apocalupagus
June 9th, 2006, 00:36
I like what you're doing here, Myth. I am greedily awaiting information on the races/cultures of your world. Character concepts bring me joy.
Do as you will!

Myth
June 9th, 2006, 00:56
The maps are about as done as I want to get them for the moment. Whew, that's a load off!

I've got the gods detailed with basic info, as well. And, two races (humans & elves) have the basic info finished. When I finish converting elves & dwarves, I'll have the main bulk of my work finished, and be almost ready to start.

Give it a gander if you haven't recently. :) I'd love to hear feedback.

https://portland.puremagic.com/~scott/new_world

EyeBall
June 10th, 2006, 19:48
I like what you have done. If the game is on Thursday, then I should have no issue making it. Due to the nature of my work, I am off on Thursdays, and work late on Fridays. Let me know when a solid day is decided.

EYE

Myth
June 12th, 2006, 17:20
I like what you have done. If the game is on Thursday, then I should have no issue making it. Due to the nature of my work, I am off on Thursdays, and work late on Fridays. Let me know when a solid day is decided.

EYE

It looks like the Game Night will be Wednesday. If you can make that, we'd love to have you! If not, sorry man. :(

Myth

Belizan
June 13th, 2006, 19:26
Your game fill up already, or do you still have room? I might fall over in shock at the idea of actually getting to play in a game run in the timezone I actually live in. Just shocking! 8)

Myth
June 13th, 2006, 19:45
Belizan,

We've got 3 Players so far, so there's still room. I'm running 2 Players through a test-run on the demo tomorrow night, and if that goes well, we'll all get the full FG software and (assuming no major snags) start playing next Wednesday night. (8-12 PST.)

We've got a paladin and a LG cleric.

I'm running a mercenary-style campaign, a bit like Shadowrun (if you've ever played that.) Each session is designed to be a capsule... hopefully we can end each session in a safe place. That way, if someone can't join us on a given night, their character just doesn't show up for that adventure, and it's not a big deal.

If you'd like, check out https://portland.puremagic.com/~scott/new_world and affirm your Geekhood to enter. I finished the basic writeups for Bailon and Sammon (in the Tarim lands) yesterday. The basic writeup for humans and elves is done as well. (I'm completing the conversion to HTML, prioritizing the sections needed by active PCs.)

Myth

Myth
June 13th, 2006, 19:47
I like what you're doing here, Myth. I am greedily awaiting information on the races/cultures of your world. Character concepts bring me joy.
Do as you will!

Afrosnuffalumpagus,
If you know which race you want to play, I can give you the full writeup to peruse. Some of the racial writeups are 12-15 pages long, though, in full form. If you dig background info, though, it's a treasure trove of gnifty gnuggets. :)

Myth

Lerithyn
June 13th, 2006, 20:13
Hey Myth,

I've been following your postings for the last few hours, as I'm new to FG and your trail leads through all the questions I myself would have asked. I'm interested in your game, free on Wednesdays, and would like to join.

Lero

Myth
June 13th, 2006, 22:05
Hey Myth,

I've been following your postings for the last few hours, as I'm new to FG and your trail leads through all the questions I myself would have asked. I'm interested in your game, free on Wednesdays, and would like to join.

Lero

Awesome. Check out the website, and start emailing me with information about a character concept. Race, class, where you're from, etc.

https://www.puremagic.com/~scott/new_world/

Oh, and everyone... go to the "About the Setting" tab and read the legend there. :) I wrote that months ago and just found it & converted it to HTML. It's a story told by a wandering storyteller in a small town tavern.

Lerithyn
June 14th, 2006, 00:17
Very nice story and very well written. With skills like that I definately look forward to your upcoming game.

Belizan
June 14th, 2006, 00:57
If you'd like, check out https://portland.puremagic.com/~scott/new_world and affirm your Geekhood to enter. I finished the basic writeups for Bailon and Sammon (in the Tarim lands) yesterday. The basic writeup for humans and elves is done as well. (I'm completing the conversion to HTML, prioritizing the sections needed by active PCs.)

Already been ;). LG... Mercenaries? 8). Hehe.. Anyway, I already have the FG software, as well as BG (though I've not used it much), not to mention that some friends of mine occasionally play a game on one of the OGR mushes, so... whatever format you decide on in the end is cool by me.

By next wednesday I take it you mean the 21st?

Myth
June 14th, 2006, 01:22
Yup, the 21st! :)

Also, check out https://law-new-world.blogspot.com/ for inter-group communication.

Law

Llarish
June 14th, 2006, 17:02
Quick question Myth. I read through the documentation that you have up on your website and there was mention of only needing the 3 core books. Is PC material allowable outside of the three core books or not?

Thanks much.

Llarish

Myth
June 14th, 2006, 17:48
Llarish,

Sorry, I'm very unlikely to allow PC material from outside the core 3 rulebooks. I'm building this setting with an eye to making it available for multiple DMs and hundreds of players, and a vital requirement of such a setting is that it be standardized and easy to understand.

Also, in my experience, I've found that books beyond the core 3 are great for flavor and new stuff. I had a lot of fun with Shog Dogkiller, a goblin PC built using the Humanoid's Handbook. The Psionicist's Handbook was really interesting (other than lousy playtesting & balance... Psionicists can quickly & easily achieve Uber-God status.) Various handbooks and extension materials are neat and fun... but they do things to the game.

For example, Darksun was created with Psionics in mind, and therefore it worked. But I've never seen another setting that included Psionics and remained able to retain the core flavor of D&D. When half the PCs are humanoids, it becomes so "flavored" that the whole setting loses any semblance of reality or logic. (I know... "reality"?... but I strive for as much realism as Heroic Fantasy allows.) The core system presents "Dungeons & Dragons". Too many enhancements result in something that's not D&D any more. That's not necessarily bad... but when dealing with a plethora of participants (as this setting is designed for) it amplifies confusion and degrades cohesion to the core concepts of D&D.

Those are all reasons that factor into why I have established "PC material only from the core 3 rulebooks". :) I hope it's not too constraining.

Myth

Llarish
June 15th, 2006, 06:48
Nope, I completely understand your reasoning Myth. However, I think that WRose and I must back out of the game as my mother-in-law is going to be going into some surgeries that I am going to have to be accompanying her to doctor's appointments and surgery appointments, and helping her around the house.

So, we wish you the best of luck, but are not going to be able to make it. Have fun all of you.
Llarish

Myth
June 16th, 2006, 17:22
Sorry to lose you guys! But it's great that you've got your priorities straight.

Check in if things get better after the surgery recuperation, and see if there are slots open. Turnover in online games can be fairly quick. And best of luck to your mom-in-law for a speedy recovery!

I'm sure she'll love that... "Mom, I know a strange man named 'Myth' who lords over people pretending to be elves and dwarves on heroic quests. He sends his best." She'd probably make you get rid of your internet. ;)

Myth

Llarish
June 16th, 2006, 17:51
I would not doubt the loss of internet for us at that point. Hehe. Thanks for the wishes, have a great game guys.
Llarish

Myth
June 16th, 2006, 20:11
:) Talk to you later!

Belizan
June 17th, 2006, 04:05
Are we still gathering on the 21st?

Myth
June 17th, 2006, 15:56
Are we still gathering on the 21st?

Yup! Which platform we use isn't figured out, yet, though. We spent half an hour trying to get others to connect to FG, without success. We ended up using Hesperian, the MUD I built for online games, some 4 years ago.

We might end up going with another platform if we can't get FG up & working.

Visit the website and hit the "Forum" link. That's where group discussion will take place. (I'll still monitor this Forum as well.)

Law

Myth
June 19th, 2006, 23:07
I've got to get this setting named. The 2nd session is on Wednesday and it's still "New World."

Here is my current list of names for the setting and the world:

Terrum Sanctus
Mircanum
Havalum Sanctus
Solus Sanctus
Mersalon

They're roughly in order of preference. Any input about this, anyone?

Law

AlphaOne
June 22nd, 2006, 01:47
I've got to get this setting named. The 2nd session is on Wednesday and it's still "New World."

Here is my current list of names for the setting and the world:

Terrum Sanctus
Mircanum
Havalum Sanctus
Solus Sanctus
Mersalon

They're roughly in order of preference. Any input about this, anyone?

Law
I think Terrum Sanctus sounds good. Gives the world a "persona" that reflects history as well as fantasy. Mircanum does this as well but in a more simplified form. The first suggests that the name derives from a language or "entity" of an ancient (godly) time that gives meaning to the world, whereas the single-word names (or less syllables) tends to feel more like a name offered by lesser-intelligent races (humans) who may have used a meaning that represented their narrower perspective of the world.

An example would be the "gods" who referred to the world as "radiant orb of life" (Terrum Sanctus) compared to the "humans" who would refer to the world as "nurturing mother" (Mircanum).

Hope that helps :)

Eric

Myth
June 22nd, 2006, 18:59
An example would be the "gods" who referred to the world as "radiant orb of life" (Terrum Sanctus) compared to the "humans" who would refer to the world as "nurturing mother" (Mircanum).

Hope that helps :)

Eric

That's awesome. I'll keep both of those names. Mircanum as the common name, Terrum Sanctus as the official, historical name.

Now I just need to decide which to call it. "Hey, guys, wanna play in Mircanum?" "Hey, guys, wanna play in Terrum Sanctus?" Which is better as a first-heard name?

Hm.

Drakard
June 23rd, 2006, 13:50
You still running a game on Fantasy Grounds. What is it called on the callendar. Can I join your game. There's a grey elf cleric to boccob with magic and oracle domains i've been itching to role play. Will modify his race and domains to your world if it still fits.

Myth
June 23rd, 2006, 18:19
There's a calendar? Awesome! Where at?

I'm not sure how we're doing on Players right now. I might want to stick with 4 or 5 (which is where I think we're at right now) until I get platforms figured out. I still need to make sure I'm using FG. I've only been able to get it to connect once so far.

I'm not using grey elves as a player race yet; I'm keeping them exotic for now. The closest deity in the setting to Boccob is Kail, the ancient god of magic. Hit the webpage and look over the deities. https://portland.puremagic.com/~scott/new_world

There's also a link to the game forums.

Lerithyn
June 23rd, 2006, 18:48
The calendar is here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp

I wouldnt recommend using it until your sure you'll be using FG though, as it would be a bit rude to the developers.

Myth
June 23rd, 2006, 18:59
Thanks, Leri!

Okay, here are my name choices for the new world:

Terrus Sanctum
Terrys Sanctum
Terrym Sanctus

The common name will be Mircanum.

Any preferences on the top 3? Ideas, pros, cons? Which rolls off the tongue like liquid moonlight? Which conjures forth images of fantastic lands populated by intricate, overly-detailed NPCs? Which one doesn't sound like the stamp of death as soon as you hear it?

As soon as I settle on one, I can rework the website and all material. *sigh* There goes 12 hours or so. I'm gonna get real comfy with various applications' "Find & Replace" functionality.

I'm leaning toward Terrus Sanctum. Mostly because I think that "use a y in the name" has been overdone. But I also like Terrym Sanctus.

Law

Lerithyn
June 23rd, 2006, 22:49
That face is hideous! What did you do to yourself, Myth? How can I take you seriously now? O.o My GM is a monster...

Myth
June 24th, 2006, 00:49
That face is hideous! What did you do to yourself, Myth? How can I take you seriously now? O.o My GM is a monster...

First you slander Slaxon's face, and now you're having a go at your DM's mug. Seriously, do you *want* your PC to come down with incurable magical STDs administered by orcs? I can arrange that, Mr. I'm-prettier-than-everyone-else!

Law

Lerithyn
June 28th, 2006, 06:35
Hey myth, now that you got FG you might wanna consider putting the game on the calendar. A lot of recruits can be found there, and this is a game that I would recommend to everyone that has roleplaying in their blood.

Myth
June 28th, 2006, 18:56
Hey myth, now that you got FG you might wanna consider putting the game on the calendar. A lot of recruits can be found there, and this is a game that I would recommend to everyone that has roleplaying in their blood.

First I want to get things running smoothly. 3 PCs is just about perfect for figuring out the system and getting the kinks worked out. When I feel like I'm able to present the game as I want it to be presented, then I'll recruit s'more.

Finding Players is always easy... just post a couple of "Looking for Players" and share some tempting tidbits about the campaign, and they come outta the freakin' woodwork. :)

Then, you give them some assignments... "Here are your rolls, pick a race & class & assign the rolls, and I'll process that and tell you your Skill Slots, Feat Slots, initial money, etc." About 1/3 never do anything, and the first sweep of "slacker testing" is finished. :) Then you fill out their sheet and ask them to complete the various slots, buy equipment, etc. About 1/2 never do it, and the second "slacker testing" sweep is done. :) Whomever remains, you get finalized and 1 in 3 shows up for the game. If they are dedicated enough to make it through the slacker testing sweeps, then odds are good that they'll stick with the game for the long haul (barring RL interferences, curse you, RL!)

Anyway, recruiting Players is easy (although it can be time-consuming for the DM). When I'm comfy with FG, I can recruit hordes of eager Players. Until then, I'll stick with my 3 humies.

Law

Griogre
June 28th, 2006, 19:16
Finding Players is always easy... just post a couple of "Looking for Players" and share some tempting tidbits about the campaign, and they come outta the freakin' woodwork. :)

Then, you give them some assignments... "Here are your rolls, pick a race & class & assign the rolls, and I'll process that and tell you your Skill Slots, Feat Slots, initial money, etc." About 1/3 never do anything, and the first sweep of "slacker testing" is finished. :) Then you fill out their sheet and ask them to complete the various slots, buy equipment, etc. About 1/2 never do it, and the second "slacker testing" sweep is done. :) Whomever remains, you get finalized and 1 in 3 shows up for the game. If they are dedicated enough to make it through the slacker testing sweeps, then odds are good that they'll stick with the game for the long haul (barring RL interferences, curse you, RL!)

Anyway, recruiting Players is easy (although it can be time-consuming for the DM). When I'm comfy with FG, I can recruit hordes of eager Players. Until then, I'll stick with my 3 humies.
LOL, Lots and lots of truth to this. I do think that because FG requires the player to buy the software, their player pool is a little more commited than online players in general, though.

Myth
June 28th, 2006, 20:03
I kinda think that Lerithyn should be committed, come to think of it. Hm.

;)

LOL, Lots and lots of truth to this. I do think that because FG requires the player to buy the software, their player pool is a little more commited than online players in general, though.

Good point! That's awesome!

But, still, 3 players is enough for now. I had a hopeful but he just doesn't respond. If folks hear about it or ask, I'll invite 'em to join. I haven't closed enrollment, or anything.

I'm just not actively recruiting at the moment. :)

Law

Lerithyn
June 28th, 2006, 20:37
I kinda think that Lerithyn should be committed, come to think of it. Hm.

;)

I'm only committed because the DM makes the game awesome. I'm not trying to suck up, so don't get me knee pads for x-mas. (If you dont get this joke then dont try to, its not worth it.)

FiveSola
June 28th, 2006, 20:56
I read the entire thread and even looked over the website showcasing your world. I like what is there and am interested. I realize you have a full slate at this time and that is cool. I thought I might go ahead and send off my character concept for you to hold onto for when you decide to open up to other players. :-D I three good ones depending on what is needed for the current game / group of players. I will only give a basic rundown of the idea since some if not most of the info should be discovered or hidden during gameplay ;-)

Concept 1:
higher society Human sorcerer/wizard who is on a mission of vengeance for his family. Travels with others only until he is strong enough and has learned enough to take on his foes by himself

Concept 2 :
Woodland (subtype) elf (or half-elf) who has banished himself from his people for a specific reason and now hires himself out as a hunter, tracker, guide for whoever pays the best price.

Concept 3:
a Halfling rougue who specializes in "acquiring" things that apparently are a burden to others. He has others best interest at heart and only wants to relive them of these burdens. He spends a lot of time running from these ungrateful patrons for some reason.

we can discuss via email privately should you think any of these will work. :-)

Myth
June 28th, 2006, 21:05
I read the entire thread and even looked over the website showcasing your world. I like what is there and am interested. I realize you have a full slate at this time and that is cool. I thought I might go ahead and send off my character concept for you to hold onto for when you decide to open up to other players. :-D I three good ones depending on what is needed for the current game / group of players. I will only give a basic rundown of the idea since some if not most of the info should be discovered or hidden during gameplay ;-)

Concept 1:
higher society Human sorcerer/wizard who is on a mission of vengeance for his family. Travels with others only until he is strong enough and has learned enough to take on his foes by himself

Concept 2 :
Woodland (subtype) elf (or half-elf) who has banished himself from his people for a specific reason and now hires himself out as a hunter, tracker, guide for whoever pays the best price.

Concept 3:
a Halfling rougue who specializes in "acquiring" things that apparently are a burden to others. He has others best interest at heart and only wants to relive them of these burdens. He spends a lot of time running from these ungrateful patrons for some reason.

we can discuss via email privately should you think any of these will work. :-)

You can join us next week if you and I can get your PC ready by then. All 3 concepts are awesome by me. On the elf... full-blood elves take a -4 con hit instead of the -2 from the PHB. Half-elves take a -2 con hit. (They get compensation, but it's still a heavy con hit.)

Send email with your character's basic info (race & class) and I'll give you rolls to allocate. (I use 4d6, keep top 3, you arrange into stats.)

Law

FiveSola
June 29th, 2006, 00:22
just sent an email to your email (whatever is listed on your profile) and an IM to yahoo im. :-)
oh I forgot to include in the email the actual class of the character.

I like Sorcerers because I dont' have to worry about which is the right spell to memorize but want to find our more info about how you run magic...same as 3.5 rules? If so I will probably lean towards Sorcerer rather than Wizard.

race is either human or elf (email ask some things about your changes to elves)

Myth
June 29th, 2006, 16:52
just sent an email to your email (whatever is listed on your profile) and an IM to yahoo im. :-)
oh I forgot to include in the email the actual class of the character.

I like Sorcerers because I dont' have to worry about which is the right spell to memorize but want to find our more info about how you run magic...same as 3.5 rules? If so I will probably lean towards Sorcerer rather than Wizard.

race is either human or elf (email ask some things about your changes to elves)

Sorry that our schedule runs so late. :( 8-12 PST is pretty late for most time zones. (We game on Wednesday nights, for anyone else interested.)

Thanks for the interest, though!

Law

grider
July 8th, 2006, 14:58
Nice World.

Good Job.

Myth
July 9th, 2006, 17:31
Nice World.

Good Job.

Thank you!

DedmeetDM
July 19th, 2006, 17:24
Hey was looking over the setting and was wondering if you had any spots open?

-DedmeetDM

Myth
July 19th, 2006, 17:36
Hey was looking over the setting and was wondering if you had any spots open?

-DedmeetDM

I'm actively recruiting. 2 Players can't make tonight's session, and if I can get 1 or 2 new PCs set up tonight would be an awesome night to do so. Hit the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/) to see times. (Wednesday nights from 8 to 12 PST). Note that this is a very late game slot for almost everyone. Not many people can make this time.

Myth
July 24th, 2006, 19:05
I'm actively recruiting. If I can get 1 or 2 new PCs set up, tonight would be an awesome night to do so. Hit the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/) to see times. (Wednesday nights from 8 to 12 PST). Note that this is a very late game slot for almost everyone. Not many people can make this time.

The game is going really well, and we're having a lot of fun. But we need a few more PCs.

slowsnake
July 25th, 2006, 08:20
Hi, Myth. I've been looking at your work and was wondering if you have room open for a old time player. Also are you using any voice programs with the game? Your day and time is ok with me, I'm in mtm time. I have been using FG for a year, so no problem there to. Thanks for your time.

Myth
July 25th, 2006, 17:18
Slowsnake,

We'd love an old-time player. :)

We looked into some voice programs, but one of the Players has a lousy PC & internet combination, and I don't want to ostracize one of the group members that way. He's upgrading, though, so we can re-examine the possibility of a voice-chat element.

If you can make the times, that's awesome! We'd love to have you.

Look over the world's website (https://www.puremagic.com/~scott/mircanum) and think about a class & race. Email me with your thoughts ([email protected]), and we'll work on getting you ready to go. If we can hurry, you can join tomorrow night's session.

Myth

slowsnake
July 27th, 2006, 00:25
Hello, I send a reply to your yahoo mess. Thanks for your time. David