PDA

View Full Version : Latest changes to the C&C ruleset

Andraax
August 15th, 2018, 22:05
The following changes were just pushed to the test channel for testing:

Added the ability to flag an ability check as a "saving throw"; hold shift while double clicking or dragging the ability roll.
The effect "ABIL: (D) [ability]" no longer applies to rolls flagged as a "saving throw".
The new effect "SAVE: (D) [ability]" has been added, which affects *only* rolls flagged as saving throws.

More changes to be announced soon.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/Saves.jpg

Talyn
August 15th, 2018, 22:32
So it's SHIFT now, not CTRL like you said in The Thread That Went Downhill Fast?

Moon Wizard
August 15th, 2018, 22:35
Shift is typically used for action/roll modifications (i.e. opportunity attack, critical damage, etc.); so that would be what I would suggest anyway.

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
August 15th, 2018, 22:42
So it's SHIFT now, not CTRL like you said in The Thread That Went Downhill Fast?

Pretty sure I said shift there as well. Someone may have misquoted me.

Talyn
August 15th, 2018, 22:45
May have been me?! :) LOL

Anyway...

Players Handbook

Updated the QRI "wiki" page to document the new SAVE effect.

Andraax
August 15th, 2018, 23:02
Oh, and for those who want to save "saving throws" in the hotkey bar - hold shift while you start to drag the ability check, then when you see the floating dice, you can let go of shift (but leave the mouse button down), and then select the hotkey bar you're interested in like normal, then drop the floating die onto the slot. It will save the "shift" state for the ability roll if done this way.

JohnD
August 16th, 2018, 00:02
Great stuff.

Thanks for adding this.

So, for example, Bless, would be "Bless; ATK: 1; SAVE: 1" with no specifier as to what ability score for saving throws is used then?

Andraax
August 16th, 2018, 00:31
So, for example, Bless, would be "Bless; ATK: 1; SAVE: 1" with no specifier as to what ability score for saving throws is used then?

The description of Bless is:

The caster’s allies gain +1 to hit, and a +1 on saving throws against fear.

So, you would use "Bless; ATK: 1; SAVE: 1 charisma".

Unless, of course, you want to use GM fiat to have the bonus to save apply to *all* saves.

Talyn
August 16th, 2018, 01:31
So, you would use "Bless; ATK: 1; SAVE: 1 charisma"

Sounds like an update to the ruleset effects incoming? :p

Andraax
August 16th, 2018, 01:53
Probably not, but I am planning on including a module of common effects and modifiers with the ruleset.

Talyn
August 16th, 2018, 01:58
Bah just toss 'em in the ruleset like all the D&D rulesets do. Less for people to remember to load that way. :)

JohnD
August 16th, 2018, 02:22
The description of Bless is:

So, you would use "Bless; ATK: 1; SAVE: 1 charisma".

Unless, of course, you want to use GM fiat to have the bonus to save apply to *all* saves.

Right, thanks. :)

That's what I get for thinking on 8 hours of sleep in the past 5 days.

Solid implementation.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 02:28
That's what I get for thinking on 8 hours of sleep in the past 5 days.
You always use that excuse! ;-)

JohnD
August 16th, 2018, 02:35
You always use that excuse! ;-)

Unfortunately it's true more often than not!

Topdecker
August 22nd, 2018, 01:27
https://i.imgur.com/qROw8pW.png Seemed pretty busy today ;)

El Condoro
September 4th, 2018, 12:26
First, thanks to those who are and have worked on this ruleset - it looks really good. Clean and simple.

I am new to C&C (playing 5e) and even though I have had a skim read through posts on this forum, my questions might be answered elsewhere.

- Am I right that classes and races cannot be dragged and dropped onto the character sheet? Will they be one day?
- I couldn't get the BtH field on the CT actor to affect the attack die roll. I was looking at the stirge, which gets a +3 to attack and wondered why it wasn't just included automatically. When I put a 3 in the BtH field the roll was still only modified by 1 (the HD of the creature, I assume).
- Is there a way to denote Prime attributes on the character sheet. My understanding from the brief reading I have done is that a player declares an attribute as primary when a check is made.

That's it for now. Cheers

JohnD
September 4th, 2018, 13:49
Click the stat name on the Main tab. Red means primary, blue secondary, brown tertiary.

For Stirges, I add an ATK: +3 effect visible to the CK only. When the Stirge is feeding, I activate the AC: -3 penalty effect as per the creature description. Also a DMGO: 1d6 or whatever it is for the auto blood drain damage.

Andraax
September 4th, 2018, 14:30
- Am I right that classes and races cannot be dragged and dropped onto the character sheet? Will they be one day?
- I couldn't get the BtH field on the CT actor to affect the attack die roll. I was looking at the stirge, which gets a +3 to attack and wondered why it wasn't just included automatically. When I put a 3 in the BtH field the roll was still only modified by 1 (the HD of the creature, I assume).

That was a "new thing" added originally for 5e. This will happen for C&C as well, eventually. :-)

BtH for monsters is the HD, per the rules. If you want to give a bonus to the attack of a monster, you can add that bonus onto their attacks; in the case of the Stirge, the attack *should* be written as "Touch +3 (1d3)".

Talyn
September 4th, 2018, 15:28
I can add the +3 to the Stirge entry. Today is Update Tuesday though, so not sure it will make it into today's push.

Andraax
September 4th, 2018, 15:40
BtH is already calculated as the HD, per the rules. Unfortunately, the entry on the CT doesn't seem to be linked to the DB, so changes done on the CT do not reflect properly. Added that as a bug.

Talyn
September 4th, 2018, 15:48
Just to mention: does the script correctly parses the HD every single time (ie. just nabs the first numeric character) because while all my products use the "N (dN)" format with a space between the HD and the (die), some of the older products use "N(dN)" because that's how the books read and the 2009 "copy/paste" developers left it alone.

Talyn
September 4th, 2018, 16:02
Monsters & Treasure

Added +3 to hit on the Stirge's touch attack per it's Agile trait
Added +3 to hit on the Grig's dart attack per it's Agile trait

Note: for the Grig, it's Agile trait only says it applies to ranged attacks so I chose the dart. I left the dagger alone for melee use. If your grig throws a dagger, you'll need to manually give it a +3 for that roll.

Andraax
September 4th, 2018, 16:02
See attached. I edited the Ape so that there was no space in the HD field. You'll notice that all of them calculated correctly.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/bth.JPG

El Condoro
September 5th, 2018, 10:29
Just got a bunch of C&C updates and the Stirge attack is Touch +3 (1d3) now, so it must have made the updates! Thanks for the replies guys.

ninevolthero
September 8th, 2018, 09:44
Just one more small voice in the mix... saying Thanks for all of the gradual updates to C&C. The content is a bargain for FG users, and if the interface can be made as user friendly as 5e, it will be a great intro RPG for those interested in a rules lite/1e experience.

I'm noticing that Armor and Shields don't automagically adjust AC... must be manually manipulated from combat tab of character sheet (regardless of item status: carried/equipped/not carried).

JohnD
September 9th, 2018, 18:51
Just one more small voice in the mix... saying Thanks for all of the gradual updates to C&C. The content is a bargain for FG users, and if the interface can be made as user friendly as 5e, it will be a great intro RPG for those interested in a rules lite/1e experience.

I'm noticing that Armor and Shields don't automagically adjust AC... must be manually manipulated from combat tab of character sheet (regardless of item status: carried/equipped/not carried).

Your first point is quite true... a huge bargain for what you get... essentially the ruleset, the PHB and M&T for just $10. If Smiteworks and TLG could promote the ruleset a little it would sell.

As to your second point, also correct - right now you have to adjust those fields manually.

Talyn
September 17th, 2018, 23:10
Drag and drop support for classes and races is Coming Soon(ish)™ therefore at @Andraax's request:

Players Handbook

The half-elf race has two lineages to choose from—elf or human—each with their own traits. At @Andraax's request to help the (Work In Progress) drag and drop scripts, I have split the half-elf into two separate entries, each for its respective lineage so that the correct traits will auto-populate onto the character sheet.

Players Guide to Aihrde

Same as above for the half-elf
Set the class metadata to lowercase for the drag-n-drop scripts.

JohnD
September 24th, 2018, 04:14
Any chance of getting functional damage resistance added?

Damage types would be great as well, but even a simple way to resist 'x' amount of HP damage via an effect would be welcomed by me at least.

Talyn
September 24th, 2018, 16:01
I did give @Andraax a heads-up that some of the beasties in Tome of the Unclean use DR out of the box so hopefully that'll be a thing in the ruleset someday.

Andraax
September 24th, 2018, 16:42
I only saw one creature with DR in the Tome, and it uses "half of damage from bladed weapons". What other creatures have it?

Talyn
September 24th, 2018, 16:44
There are two off the top of my head. I'm not to the statblock phase of editing the book yet. But yeah, both are the DR 1/2 which can't be done in FG unless/until damage types are implemented first.

Frankison
September 25th, 2018, 18:33
Hope this didn't post twice, my internet is being weird. If it did I'll erase one...

I only saw one creature with DR in the Tome, and it uses "half of damage from bladed weapons". What other creatures have it?

While a creature may not have inherent DR remember many creatures cast spells and such that can carry DR traits, resist "x", protection from "x" etc...
On the players side they also have use of spells and can gain items that give them resistances to these things. Potion of fire resistance, ring of fire resistance, Protection from poison.

Also creatures might be vulnerable to various attack forms which should be addressed along side resistances/immunities. Traits like Incorporeal which require magic weapons to harm them would fall into this category as well. It's more than just simply searching for "resistance" or "Immune" within the M&T book.

The fact is there are more than enough instances to warrant incorporating resistances into the rule set.

Below are just the monsters that I've found in the M&T. Granted my pdf is the 2nd printing but I doubt it's changed much and it shows how many of them are subject to this rule set requirement in just one book. Not to mention creatures created by CK's, modules, and additional books released by TLG. Not including this feature is a huge downside. It often requires CK's go back constantly and re adjust damage players rolled to accurately reflect what is going on. Needless to say this can get annoying fast. I also didn't read every bit of text so I probably missed some since it seems TLG liked to hide DR text in the combat section a lot (see skeletons).

List of Monsters that have DR traits

Allip: Incorporeal
Assassin Vine: Resistance: Cold and Fire (half).
Banshee: Immune to Cold and Electricity
Behir: Immunity: Electricity (full)
Bodak: Immunity: Electricity (full), Acid (half) and Fire (half)
Dragons: Immune to various forms based on dragon type.
Driders: Have Access to spells.
Drow: Have access to spells.
Elementals: Immune to Various Elemental Attacks.
Frost Worm: Immunity to Cold, Vulnerability to Fire
Gelatinous Cube: Immunity to Electricity, Partial Cold Immunity
Djinni: Immunity to Acid
Efreeti: Immunity to Fire (full), Vulnerability to cold
Ghast: Vulnerability: Cold Iron, Incorporeal
Ghost: Incorporeal
Giant, Fire: Immunity to Fire (full), Vulnerability to Cold
Giant, Frost: Immunity to Cold (full), Vulnerability to Fire
Giant, Storm: Immunity to Electricity (full)
Golems: Immunity to Magic
Hag, Night: Immunity: Fire, Cold
Hellhound: Immunity to Fire (full)
Lich: Spell use (Will have a wide variety of magic items unlimited resistance potential)
Lycanthropes: Take double damage to silver. "Vulnerability to silver"
Mimic: Immunity to Acid (full)
Mummy: Vulnerability to Fire
Naga, Dark: Immunity to Poison
Naga, Guardian: Spells
Naga, Spirit: Spells
Nymph: Spells
Ochre Jelly: Immunity to Slashing and Electircity
Pudding, Black: Immunity (full): Cold and Electricity
Prysmal Eye: Immunity to Magic, Spells
Rakshasa: Immunity to Magic, Blessed Vulnerability
Roper: Immunity to Electricity (full) Resistance to Cold (half), Vulnerability to Fire
Salamander: Immunity: Fire and Enchantments, Vulnerability to Cold
Shadow: Incorporeal, Sunlight Vulnerability
Shadow Mastiff: Sunlight Vulnerability
Shambling Mound: Immune to Fire (half), Resistance to Cold (half)
Skeleton: Because of their boney nature, any slashing or piercing weapons do half damage (listed in combat not stat block)
Spectre: Incorporeal
Sphinx: Spells
Tavis Wyrm: Vulnerability to Cold, Fire Protection (Tavis wyrms are immune to all fire-based attacks. However, cold-based attacks inflict double damage)
Treant: Vulnerability to Fire
Unicorn: Immunity: Poison
Vampire: Electrical Resistance (half)
Weight: Wights are only affected by physical attacks using magical weapons of +1 or better. (listed in combat section, would suggest using Magic as the damage type or null damage occurs)
Will-O'-Whisp: Immunity to Magic
Wraith: Incorporeal (A wraith is normally insubstantial like a ghost or spectre and thus only magical weapons of +1 or better can affect her ectoplasmic form)
Xorn: Immunity: Cold, Fire, and Petrification, Resistance to Electricity (half)
Yrthak: Yrthak are immune to all effects that rely on sight, such as gazes, illusions, and spells that affect the eyes. They are particularly vulnerable to sonic attacks, however, and suffer double damage from them.

JohnD
September 25th, 2018, 18:59
Not sure of the exact page, but there is a discussion in the CKG of armor etc... having damage resistance properties. It's been a while since I read the section but that's how I remember it.

Frankinson... Good extensive list/summary.

Talyn
September 25th, 2018, 21:05
That's the DR that the beasties in Tome of the Unclean use...

Andraax
September 25th, 2018, 21:49
I just reviewed the Damage Reduction section of the CKG. It replaces the entire AC mechanic. Basically, your AC becomes 10+DexMod+MiscMod. Then, if you're wearing an armor with an AC value of say 6, the first 6 HP of damage is soaked up by your armor, with the rest applying to you. Also, under this system, you keep track of the HP of your armor, and when it reaches 0, it becomes worthless. So, you get hit more often (essentially every hit becomes a "Touch" hit), but you take less damage until your armor becomes worthless. If I implement this, it will definitely be an option, because I don't see those rules being used frequently...

The resistance mentioned by Frankison are already implemented (if they are stated correctly, they will automatically add "RESIST: whatever" or "VULN: whatever" as an effect in the combat tracker when the NPC is added) - however, most weapons are not coded to actually generate a damage type. So, that part is kinda half-done.

Talyn
September 26th, 2018, 19:49
Players Handbook

Corrected XP tables for Assassin and Fighter classes

Talyn
October 8th, 2018, 23:28
Cross-posting from the other thread:

C&C Ruleset

Added a new Aihrdian calendar module to the ruleset which includes every holiday listed in the Codex of Aihrde tome. NOTE: This does not overwrite the community calendar module available here in the forums!
Minor tweaks to a few of the string values.

Mortar
October 9th, 2018, 23:48
This is Live now