PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Rulesset

cbradshaw007
June 5th, 2006, 18:08
I am looking for help with this forbidden ruleset. I know others have started work on it and may have finished. D20 or D6 or both would be great. I know character sheets exist and I am courious what else has been created. I am a longtime fan and GM. Living Force was my hobbie until it wrapped up this spring. I am working on the galaxy map using Astrosynthesis. I want to create a setup for friends accross the globe to play in a home game. Help me Obi-FG. Your my only hope.

Footnote: Please dont lecture me on the legalities of this system. I know and understand the concequences.

Dervish
June 12th, 2006, 14:23
I too am interested in Star Wars :P

Arduain
June 18th, 2006, 23:47
I am also looking for a way to get a copy of someones ruleset for SWd20 if at all possible.
I have started working on it myself, but would be happy not to have to reinvent the wheel.
:p Arduain

cantrels
June 19th, 2006, 11:26
On a pure lark, I actually called Wizards of the Coast to inquire if they might allow distribution of a player-created Star Wars D20 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. The person I was forwarded to was out on vacation, so we'll see if I get a callback.

This is probably a silly hope, but eh...worth a try yes? :)

mossfoot
June 20th, 2006, 17:57
Personally I'd rather have d6 than d20, but I doubt that'll ever happen ;)

tdwyer11b
June 20th, 2006, 18:04
I'd like to see the d6 version also, however, I think there would be problems trying to figure out the wild die rule with FG. At least the character sheet is very simple.

tdwyer11b
June 24th, 2006, 12:43
Got bored last night, drew this up really quick. In case someone else gets bored (hint, hint) :) Back in the day, I spent all summer long playing d6 SW with my buddies (the guys in my avatar)....every day in fact. But that was over 10 years ago, if we can get a ruleset working, I may be able to get em to at least consider playing again. Oh the evil characters and bane of our GM's existance, spawned from the many, many hours spent playing. Pro Imperial....not us<sarcasm>!

https://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8987/fgstarwarsd69kl.png

Makerofthings
June 24th, 2006, 14:16
If anyone ever comes up with a nice Star Wars Rulesset count me in for one. We'll just say it falls under the "fair use" rule and look the other way. Besides, Lucas doesn't mind fleecing his fans. How many different editions of the Star Wars trilogy has been released so for 8 or 9, with another one on its way in September? Lastly, if anyone has developed tokens and whatnot yet for Star Wars please don't hesitate to send them this way. Thanks.

Michael

tdwyer11b
June 26th, 2006, 05:56
No takers, huh. C'mon, I did the character sheet graphic, someones gotta be motivated to do this.:D Speaking of which, how would one go about making a ruleset using only d6's. Also, anyone have any ideas on how to set up the dice to identify one of these d6's as a wild die?

cantrels
June 26th, 2006, 12:51
OK Here's a silly question. Let's say I develop a working SW Ruleset, for my own use of course. When players connect to my server for the first time, the ruleset files get copied over. Does this mean if they are using a full license of FG, they would then be able to run a game using that ruleset themselves?

DarkStar
June 26th, 2006, 18:00
When players connect to my server for the first time, the ruleset files get copied over. Does this mean if they are using a full license of FG, they would then be able to run a game using that ruleset themselves?

I would say - yes. :D Oh, come on, you could lend me your paperback rulebooks and I could run a game.

Griogre
June 26th, 2006, 18:13
Yes. You see why some publishers might not like FG? It distributes perfect digital copies of some files like rulesets, images, maps and shared/tokens.

There is also another issue. Everyone should name their ruleset to something unique if they make any changes at all to the ruleset. If they don't and then change something, if they host they will overwrite your ruleset with their different one of the same name.

This happens all the time in a game I'm in. The DM has a ruleset called d20-SRD which he has changed but did not rename. I have/had an unmodified d20-SRD. Everytime I connect to a game with the version he changed, FG realizes it's different so it downloads the modified version over my version. Then when I connect to an unmodified d20-SRD FG realizes it's not the same as what is on the host computer so I re-download the "unmodified" version again.

tdwyer11b
June 26th, 2006, 22:08
As far as I know...yes. I would start work on a d6 version, but I'm already invested in an AD&D 2e ruleset. As far as steps in creating one, you should start with the character sheet first, then add the rules info. This way you can begin paly and just use your actual books and add to the ruleset as time permits.

tdwyer11b
June 27th, 2006, 07:35
Well I found a Star Wars Ruleset for use with GURPS. I know that there is a GURPS ruleset floating around. One solution to playing a Star Wars game.

Highway Man
July 3rd, 2006, 05:39
This way you can begin play and just use your actual books and add to the ruleset as time permits.

*Magnus uses mind control to make him do as he suggests others should do!* :p

Jozan
July 11th, 2006, 04:16
If anyone has created the Star Wars ruleset and would not mind sharing please let me know...

Lochmacher
August 23rd, 2006, 23:19
I still have all of my source books... EXCEPT the 2nd Ed Core book that my friend's dog both urinated and chewed on, in that order. It has been a firm policy to not lend things hence. Would be cool. I still remember my friend making a mech roll to analyze a "Large Tube" that was jutting out of a space ship, then crawling into it (he was an inquisitive Jawa) before getting crisped by the engines he had entered! Schmuck! Seriously though, if I still possessed the book and had any skill with XML, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

mossfoot
May 12th, 2007, 21:17
If anyone has created the Star Wars ruleset and would not mind sharing please let me know...

Yes, I too would like to know if anyone has created this ruleset. If you can't post about it here, perhaps you can mail me?

Has anyone done anything with that most excellent character sheet on the previous page?

Tokuriku
May 13th, 2007, 01:35
I'm presently working on a ruleset for "The Dark Eye", the first game I ever played... the best :)
Star Wars D6 will be the next one but I have no ETA.
The will is there and I can abble a bit in XML and LUA but the time is lacking... for now.

Valarian
September 14th, 2007, 21:40
Fantasy Grounds 2 differentiates between the rules (now in modules) and the character sheet. As far as I know, the players would be able to use the character sheet and automation that gets downloaded. They wouldn't be able to use the modules unless they were connected.

I have a very basic character sheet ruleset for Star Wars d6 for Fantasy Grounds 1.05f by the way. I do plan on converting that (and do a d20 one) at some point to FG2. To be honest though, I'm not sure when this'll be due to family and work commitments. Not much time at the moment and I'm running other games at present.

It's worth keeping an eye open here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6645