PDA

View Full Version : The new Hardbacks coming question

Vodkard
August 13th, 2018, 19:15
With Season 8 on its way with two new hardbacks. I know they’ll come out on Fantasy Grounds. My question which I can’t find on the internet is: will they come out same day release as the hardbacks? If not about how much longer of a wait until FG gets it after its hardback release? Thanks in advance.

Nylanfs
August 13th, 2018, 19:17
FG has the early premier store access releases, so they aim at that date. And AFAIK they haven't had any dates missed. Although they have had bugs sneak through that require patches over a couple of days.

Zacchaeus
August 13th, 2018, 19:17
FG modules are released usually a fortnight before the hardbacks.

Vodkard
August 13th, 2018, 19:19
Thanks for the quick response! Will this be true for Steam as well or just DMsGuild?

Nyghtmare
August 13th, 2018, 19:39
When something is released on Fantasy Grounds, it is released on the store on their own website as well as their Steam store at the same time.

SirGraystone
August 13th, 2018, 20:15
Fortnight is short for fourteen night (or 2 weeks) for those like me who didn't know :-D

Vodkard
August 14th, 2018, 00:30
One final question. Can anyone buy it the FG modules? My D&D store said they can only buy it early because they’re officially registered

damned
August 14th, 2018, 00:34
You need to have a valid FG license to but FG 5E content.
And FG only sell the FG versions - but yes - anyone who meets the above can buy.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 00:39
One final question. Can anyone buy it the FG modules? My D&D store said they can only buy it early because they’re officially registered
As mentioned in post #2, Fantasy Grounds gets the earlier release date.

LordEntrails
August 14th, 2018, 02:59
SmiteWorks is 'officially registered' too.