PDA

View Full Version : 5E Ravenloft/Curse of Strahd (variant) Homebrew Campaign

DMLars
August 13th, 2018, 00:35
FG License: Ultimate License (players only need demo)
Game System: D&D 5E

Timezone: MDT (UTC -6)
Day of week and time: Wednesdays, 6:30-10:30(11ish) PM
New game, planned start date: Existing campaign
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-4.5 Hour session, 2-3 sessions per month
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 3-5 (in game) need 1
Character starting level & equipment: 5th level with predetermined gold based on class, equipment is then purchased from PHB. Standard gold and equipment awarded based on background.
Character restrictions: Most WOTC published races and classes. Some Unearthed Arcana races, UA Ranger (Beast Conclave), UA Mystic, and UA Artificer. If UA races/classes are showing to be OP then may require slight restriction.
Variant Rules: PHB Variant Encumbrance. Variant Critical (max damage on the first dice of doubled dice). Fear/Horror checks used mainly to aid in roleplay. Character alignment will follow the Middle Earth 5E rules.

Homebrew 5E Ravenloft based horror campaign Players are natives to the land of Barovia. Races and Classes will have specific story based elements to fit within campaign.

All players welcome, veterans and newbies. Rules will be consistent 5E. No unexpected rules to nerf your character, other than the upfront variants. If interested message me and I can send you full documentation on races/classes/variant rules/etc.

CJNewYork11
August 13th, 2018, 20:47
Love the Ravenloft setting and vibe of Barovia. I’d love to join if you still have room. I’m pretty open in terms of class/race, so just let me know. Thanks!

DMLars
August 14th, 2018, 00:59
Love the Ravenloft setting and vibe of Barovia. I’d love to join if you still have room. I’m pretty open in terms of class/race, so just let me know. Thanks!

Yes room is available. I will send you more campaign details in a pm.

CWalker
August 15th, 2018, 09:59
I'd be interested to give it a try, never ran CoS to begin with so it'll be a fun new experience regardless.

DMLars
August 15th, 2018, 14:45
I'd be interested to give it a try, never ran CoS to begin with so it'll be a fun new experience regardless.

Sent you a pm.

Eyrwin
August 22nd, 2018, 20:49
Hello, I would be very interested.

krs4890
August 23rd, 2018, 16:22
Hi I am new to D&D, but would really like to jump in to a campaign. If you're willing to take on a new player, I would be interested in playing. I have done a lot of reading online, and also purchased the PHB and I also have Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Let me know if you think it could work out!

StylinLP38
September 6th, 2018, 16:20
DMlars, I am interested and available. I will send you a message. Thank you

Thozi
September 6th, 2018, 17:45
Interested if your still looking for people

mightymax474
September 9th, 2018, 02:59
I am interested if you are still looking for people.

1nsidious
September 9th, 2018, 19:12
this sounds like a fun game and id love to have the oppourtunity to join is there is any room left. please contact me and ill be more than happy to provide you with any info about myself

DMLars
November 26th, 2018, 02:00
Looking for 1 or 2 players for this campaign. Currently 3rd level. Party consists of Paladin, Rogue, Bard, and Ranger. Look at original post and pm if interested.

Eyrwin
November 26th, 2018, 04:33
If the game is Wednesday i would love to jump in. Thanks!

~Jon

Phithis
December 1st, 2018, 04:03
I would be interested. I've always liked Ravenloft. I'm pretty good with FG and I've played D&D forever.

DMLars
April 12th, 2019, 05:37
We could use another player for this ongoing campaign. Roleplay of the horror vibe is welcomed. If interested, shoot me a message.

FunkenGruven
April 13th, 2019, 00:24
Hey, this is a good time slot for me now, still need a player?

What level and what classes are being played?

DMLars
August 3rd, 2019, 23:31
The campaign is getting higher in level and the DM (me) could use some help with NPC's. So if you like to play guest spots, we will have a few upcoming. Send me a message for more info. Good roleplayer required, thanks.

DMLars
September 3rd, 2019, 02:45
We could use one player for this campaign. The group is currently 8th level. If you would like to join shoot me a message.