PDA

View Full Version : Importing Character

Andrew Morrone
August 12th, 2018, 16:51
I used Volo's for a race. I am going to import my character to a campaign, but my DM does not have Volo's. (He did ok it.) Will there be any problems? Thanks.

Zacchaeus
August 12th, 2018, 17:48
No, everything in the character sheet will work. The links to the source material might not work, but you can ask the DM if you can open Volo's guide (the fact that you have it will pop up in the DMs list of modules and he can approve it's use).

ll00ll00ll00ll
August 12th, 2018, 21:01
the fact that you have it will pop up in the DMs list of modules and he can approve it's use.

Can you elaborate on this? I had no idea this was a thing... If I'm a player who owns modules that my DM does not, my DM can approve my ability to open that module? If the DM does not own that same module, what happens? Can the DM see it / use it? Can anyone else in the campaign see it?

sorry... don't mean to unload a barrage of questions...

LordEntrails
August 12th, 2018, 21:35
Can you elaborate on this? I had no idea this was a thing... If I'm a player who owns modules that my DM does not, my DM can approve my ability to open that module? If the DM does not own that same module, what happens? Can the DM see it / use it? Can anyone else in the campaign see it?

sorry... don't mean to unload a barrage of questions...
When players connect to a GM's table, all (or just the player versions?) of the modules the players have show up in the GM's Module list. S/he can then allow the owning player to access it or not. (But only the player(s) that own the module, not everyone at the table.)

I'm sure there is video showing how this works, but I don't know which one. There is a tiny bit more info in the Wiki I'm aware of, though probably more in a different article; www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library

damned
August 13th, 2018, 00:07
You should also check that the GM is ok with your use of the Volo's race before building it. The race may not fit the world that the GM is crafting for you.