PDA

View Full Version : Update Problems

Dragonfyre
August 10th, 2018, 23:27
Been having some problems updating, I'm running version 3.3.4 whenever I try updating it comes up

Getting packages from FG server
ERROR - GetProducts: Network: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Retrying in 10 seconds

and will repeat infinitely, I've tried:

Turning off my firewall,
Running both the launcher and the updater as administrator.
I have full read/write access

Please help, thank you in advance.

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2018, 00:07
turn off Malware Bytes.

Dragonfyre
August 11th, 2018, 00:11
Don't even have it installed.

Moon Wizard
August 11th, 2018, 00:15
400 errors (bad requests) are usually caused by an application modifying the URLs being sent by the updater application to the FG server.

This is usually some sort of internet filtering, internet security or parental control software and/or router setting.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2018, 00:18
Oh, welcome to the forums.

That error message is almost always because of;
- Anti-virus: make sure your A/V has FG whitelisted
- Software Firewall: make sure Windows Firewall has FG whitelisted
- Hardware firewall: make sure your modem and router do not have Flood protection enabled, parental controls, and have an exception (if possible) for FG

EDIT: Follow Moon's advice, he know way more than I do.

Claudeq142
September 30th, 2018, 08:22
I have bitdefender and I've done everything suggested here and other forums and nothings working. Any other suggestions?

Zacchaeus
September 30th, 2018, 08:50
Hello Claudeq welcome to FG.

Make sure that it isn’t a setting on your router, such as router filtering or some kind of parental control. Ensure you have created exceptions in bitdefender for Fantasy Grounds. If there are existing exceptions try deleting them and creating new ones. Make sure also tha you dont have Windows Defender also running.

Bidmaron
September 30th, 2018, 16:32
Welcome to the forums, Claudeq142, but, respectfully, you cannot have done everything listed because you have not posted the screen shot requested of your load screen or listed anything other than your virus protection.

What OS are you using, what router, what version of FG shows up? What error are you getting?

TheSqweege
June 7th, 2019, 03:35
I had the same issue. I ended up fixing it by [Uninstalling FG => Cancel download attempt => setting menu => Purchases Login => Manage => Login => Update]