PDA

View Full Version : Bug Thread - Pathfinder Playtest ruleset - Release 1 (August 8th)

Pages : [1] 2

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 05:32
The first release of the Pathfinder Playtest ruleset is now in the FG updater.

Note: This thread is to report issues with the FG ruleset. Please check base functionality against the free playtest documentation before posting. The documentation is available here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest This thread is not to discuss the Playtest rules - please start other threads if you'd like to discuss the underlying rules from Paizo.

Please also keep in mind that this software is early access, and there will be defects and limited functionality. So please digest the following details of what is and isn't in this release.

I've added a bug tracking spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbGSjXB_PrkHJpu5reRqx6KSvJnGkAHkhZhgSpgTjHk/edit?usp=sharing It's read only, please continue to report/discuss issues in this thread. Thanks for all the assistance so far!

Videos to help get you started available on the Fantasy Grounds YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3h0dIaiayC-F_ZjQyrlNYSwB4Ck1cSNg

Official statement: Welcome to the Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset. This product is an Early Access release. It may feature bugs, incomplete data and prototype graphics. This is not a finished product. Using this for an ongoing campaign may result in lost characters or data and evolving functionality as new updates are released. We will try our best to minimize the impact of this to end-users, but please avoid using this ruleset if this will cause distress. We have a number of stable ruelsets available for other game systems we support. Data in the playtest materials included (Core Rules and Bestiary modules) will be deprecated once the official System Reference Data (SRD) is released along with the official Pathfinder 2 Core Rules and Bestiary.

V3.3.6 (release 1) ruleset
This is the initial public Early Access release aimed at bringing basic Pathfinder Playtest functionality to Fantasy Grounds. Initial functionality includes:
• Character tracker to aid character creation and track high-level additions to the PC. Use this to build your character - click the Tracker button on the Main PC page.
• Character sheet with abilities, saves, initiative, skills, attacks and damage.
• Equipment bulk tracking.
• Armor statistics.
• Armor, Weapon and Gear drag/drop functionality.
• Critical attack and damage automation.
• PC Perception or Stealth Initiative rolling.
• Proficiency level and bonus calculation for: AC/TAC, Saves, Skills and attacks. Manually set proficiency level for AC, weapons and skills.
• Initial NPC records and:
o Rollable Initiative, Saves, Attacks and damage.
o AC/TAC targeting and hit/miss indication.
o HP tracking.
o Skills.

Underdevelopment (not currently available)
• Spells and powers - beta test in release 2. Ongoing development.
• Spell caster classes. Available in release 1b and release 2.
• Death/Recovery rolls. Awaiting further Paizo changes to the base rules.
• Archetypes.
• Rolling of abilities.
• Resistances, Weaknesses and Immunities automation.
• Expanded weapon trait automation. Currently Deadly and Fatal work for PCs and NPCs.
• Hazard records and automation.
• Hero Points.
• Magic items and resonance.
• Affliction records and tracking (diseases, poisons, etc.).
• Expanded Critical success, success, failure and critical failure automation.
• Advanced NPC functionality.
• Selective initiative rolling – select Perception, Stealth or another skill before rolling.
• Effects and conditions.
• Expanded PC action records.
• Human ethnicities.
• Party Sheet.
• PC mini sheet.
• Advanced NPC functionality.
• Limited feat automation.

Core Data Module
A core data modules is provided, that should be shared with the players. This contains the following data:
1. Classes (all 12 are there)
- Character build wizard should work for each but we haven't fully tested each of them
- Character Class Features only through level 20 are included for each and picked up with the auto-leveler. Feats and boosts beyond level 5 will be made available in a subsequent data release.
2. Items are loaded
- Weapons dragged to inventory add the Attack Actions automatically
- Armor dragged to inventory updates the defenses accordingly
- Items add to the bulk
3. Backgrounds are included and used in character building
4. Ancestries included (all races)
- These set base HP, speed, etc.
- They add racial features to the character sheet when drag and dropped
5. Feats
- Includes general feats
- includes all Ancestry feats
- Includes class feats to level 5 for Alchemist, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Fighter and Rogue.
6. Skills are listed in the reference manual. These are marked as Incomplete so we can accomodate Skill actions in the future.
7. Traits will be added in the next few days

Bestiary data module
The bestiary module will be expanded over time as more NPC functionality is added to the ruleset and as development shifts to expanding the Doomsday Dawn and other scenarios. Currently the bestiary contains:
• NPC records for all 9 different creatures in Part 1 of the Doomsday Dawn scenario – “The Lost Star”.

lostsanityreturned
August 9th, 2018, 05:54
Coins don't increase bulk at the moment (it should be 1 bulk per 1000 combined coins)

Not a bug but I would suggest putting a "shield raised" toggle on the action window. As it will likely change from round to round and the player will be on that page more frequently than not. Easily handled for NPCs via an effect built into their statblock though.

I also wanted to say how impressed I am by your character creation widget.
Even when not fully automating things suck as skill training, setting assurances and languages it shows a lot of promise :)

kwarner1986
August 9th, 2018, 07:18
Hey Trenloe,

First and foremost, thank you for all the effort you put into getting this out ASAP. With that said, I've noticed a small mathematical bug when the new character sheet. Not sure if anyone has reported it yet. The "PC Items Total Value" does not take into consideration of multiple items.

Example my paladin is carrying a Breastplate, a Heavy Steel Shield, five Javelin, and a Longsword. This should be a value of 115 SP, however FG only records it as 111 SP atm.

I've attempted to drag and drop each Javelin and manually edit the "#" field next to the item, but the "PC Items Total Value" does not go up or down. Just a small bug to address, most likely a simple line of code is needed to include this as I am sure many of us will be carrying several alchemical based weaponry into battle.

-kwarner1986

Torg Smith
August 9th, 2018, 13:09
I made a Goblin, Criminal, Rogue level 1 and dragged the following weapons over and it did not pick up the proficiency and is showing up as untrained in actions. Shortbow, shortsword, and dagger. I don't see a way to set the proficiency for the weapons. Is this one of the things that falls under "Expanded PC action records" or am I missing something?

Really liking it so far. I do like the tracker button as well. I think it is a good go to window for character creation, listing the steps needed to create characters.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 14:22
I made a Goblin, Criminal, Rogue level 1 and dragged the following weapons over and it did not pick up the proficiency and is showing up as untrained in actions. Shortbow, shortsword, and dagger. I don't see a way to set the proficiency for the weapons. Is this one of the things that falls under "Expanded PC action records" or am I missing something?
You need to manually set the proficiency level for attacks, AC and skills other than the background Lore skill.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 14:22
Hey Trenloe,

First and foremost, thank you for all the effort you put into getting this out ASAP. With that said, I've noticed a small mathematical bug when the new character sheet. Not sure if anyone has reported it yet. The "PC Items Total Value" does not take into consideration of multiple items.

Example my paladin is carrying a Breastplate, a Heavy Steel Shield, five Javelin, and a Longsword. This should be a value of 115 SP, however FG only records it as 111 SP atm.

I've attempted to drag and drop each Javelin and manually edit the "#" field next to the item, but the "PC Items Total Value" does not go up or down. Just a small bug to address, most likely a simple line of code is needed to include this as I am sure many of us will be carrying several alchemical based weaponry into battle.

-kwarner1986
Thanks for reporting.

Camellen
August 9th, 2018, 15:10
I haven't noticed a way to add the free stat boosts from first level. Manually editable stats (including ability scores and HP) would be preferred, to account for games with alternative starting ability scores (rolling). Temporary boosts to Constitution do not change the Max HP value as well.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 15:18
I haven't noticed a way to add the free stat boosts from first level.
Click the "Tracker" button to open the character tracker/log. This is where you'll do most things with boosts etc..

Manually editable stats (including ability scores and HP) would be preferred, to account for games with alternative starting ability scores (rolling). Temporary boosts to Constitution do not change the Max HP value as well.
The ability to roll stats will come in the future (mirroring the option described in the Playtest rules).

Thanks for reporting the issue with the temp con boost. In the meantime you can apply a temp modifier to the "HP" field (CTRL+Mouse-wheel).

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 15:33
I made 4 videos covering the main areas of the ruleset yesterday - they are in post #1. These will be available on the Fantasy Grounds YouTube Channel soon.

Camellen
August 9th, 2018, 16:30
Update: Temporary Bonuses to Constitution increase health only after the client is closed and re-opened. Similarly, if removed, the changes aren't taken into account until the client is reset.
Several skills do not properly calculate level into the total. Example: A level 1 Barbarian is trained in Athletics, Acrobatics, and Stealth. The final result is equal to the ability modifier, rather than ability modifier+1. This is not present for all skills, and so far only seems to affect skills based on strength or dexterity.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 18:17
Update: Temporary Bonuses to Constitution increase health only after the client is closed and re-opened. Similarly, if removed, the changes aren't taken into account until the client is reset.
Several skills do not properly calculate level into the total. Example: A level 1 Barbarian is trained in Athletics, Acrobatics, and Stealth. The final result is equal to the ability modifier, rather than ability modifier+1. This is not present for all skills, and so far only seems to affect skills based on strength or dexterity.
Thanks for the info about HP and Con.

I'm not 100% clear what the issue is here. So I'm to just give some background info...

There's no hard coded skill training at level 1 for a Barbarian. Signature skills don't get automatically trained, skill training for a class is based off the player selection and so is manual - go to the skills tab and manually change the proficiency for the skills you choose at 1st level - the tracker shows how many skills to train.

Also, any skill shown with the armor icon will have the armor skill penalty applied (set and enabled on the inventory tab).

If this doesn't cover the issue/question then please post a screenshot with details of the exact issue. Thanks.

Camellen
August 9th, 2018, 18:37
Thanks for the info about HP and Con.

I'm not 100% clear what the issue is here. So I'm to just give some background info...

There's no hard coded skill training at level 1 for a Barbarian. Signature skills don't get automatically trained, skill training for a class is based off the player selection and so is manual - go to the skills tab and manually change the proficiency for the skills you choose at 1st level - the tracker shows how many skills to train.

Also, any skill shown with the armor icon will have the armor skill penalty applied (set and enabled on the inventory tab).

If this doesn't cover the issue/question then please post a screenshot with details of the exact issue. Thanks.

My mistake, didn't realize armor (and ACP) was automatically applied when added to the inventory

Torg Smith
August 10th, 2018, 02:18
When I left click on a trait, it does not open a window with the description for me like it does in the demo video for Character Creation.

The text highlights for each individual trait, so I think it is parsing the text correctly. Is there a setting that could prevent that from working?

The NPC window does not let me click the traits as well. Now double clicking on Perception +4 in perception rolls the d20. The skills are working as well. Attacks on the NPCs are working as well.

I am on Windows 10 with current updates. I am using a mouse and keyboard. I am not using a touch screen.

dantedoom
August 10th, 2018, 11:58
Congratulations to you guys! Really amazing and fast work. Only to compare, roll20 launched a sheet and is bugged as hell! But, well,. We know FG is better =O =P!

So, I'm having a little problem, my player is trying to use halfling as his Ancestry and the ancestry boosts doesn't appear in the Tracker... All other ancetries works fine...

Anyway, thanks for the ruleset! Will use today for my game!

Trenloe
August 10th, 2018, 15:24
When I left click on a trait, it does not open a window with the description for me like it does in the demo video for Character Creation.

The text highlights for each individual trait, so I think it is parsing the text correctly. Is there a setting that could prevent that from working?

The NPC window does not let me click the traits as well. Now double clicking on Perception +4 in perception rolls the d20. The skills are working as well. Attacks on the NPCs are working as well.

I am on Windows 10 with current updates. I am using a mouse and keyboard. I am not using a touch screen.
The trait data was updated yesterday. Run an update and make sure you have the rules module open.

vyruxx
August 10th, 2018, 17:27
Hello, there is a bug in the halfling's racial boost that does not add up, I think the error is in its ability boost that does not have the +2

Trenloe
August 10th, 2018, 17:53
So, I'm having a little problem, my player is trying to use halfling as his Ancestry and the ancestry boosts doesn't appear in the Tracker... All other ancetries works fine...

Hello, there is a bug in the halfling's racial boost that does not add up, I think the error is in its ability boost that does not have the +2

Thanks for reporting. We'll get that fixed up for the next data release.

In the meantime, you can change "Ability Boosts" to +2 to One Ability Score, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom to make it work properly. You'll need to create a copy of the Halfling ancestry record to be able to make the change.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2018, 17:54
Anyway, thanks for the ruleset! Will use today for my game!
Cool! Let us know how it goes... :)

vyruxx
August 10th, 2018, 20:31
hi, when you put red pins on the map and close Fg, those pins are lost and the map appears as new

dantedoom
August 10th, 2018, 21:38
The trait data was updated yesterday. Run an update and make sure you have the rules module open.

Don't know if it's just here, but i updated and still can't see the traits...

Halfling worked if your fix! Thanks!

Torg Smith
August 11th, 2018, 00:58

I did get the update after it was announced with the traits. I just checked for an update again and did not get another. I unloaded both modules and reloaded them, and it did not work.

I just opened the traits menu choice from the Library and it was empty. There were no traits in it.

damned
August 11th, 2018, 01:40
hi, when you put red pins on the map and close Fg, those pins are lost and the map appears as new

Using any extensions?
Enhanced Images?
Pins go on the bottom layer....

Trenloe
August 11th, 2018, 01:46
I did get the update after it was announced with the traits. I just checked for an update again and did not get another. I unloaded both modules and reloaded them, and it did not work.

I just opened the traits menu choice from the Library and it was empty. There were no traits in it.
I’m on the road now so can’t check on the exact format of the data update. Please leave it with us for now.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2018, 01:48
Nothing with the base FG image code has been changed in this ruleset. As has been mentioned elsewhere, check on extensions. Also, try a test in a new CoreRPG campaign with no extensions loaded.

Rugburn
August 11th, 2018, 03:35
Thanks. I started with a halfling and noticed the errors, so made a dwarf instead. Somehow, the sheet kept both Halfling and Dwarf Ancestry Feats (Under Rules and Abilities).

Trenloe
August 11th, 2018, 03:59
Thanks. I started with a halfling and noticed the errors, so made a dwarf instead. Somehow, the sheet kept both Halfling and Dwarf Ancestry Feats (Under Rules and Abilities).
There's no "undo" within Fantasy Grounds, so if you add something you don't want you have to manually remove the original stuff (the text in the tracker will help you do that) or just start a new PC.

DraconosDeadman
August 11th, 2018, 15:39
i tried to make a ranger, and couldnt find any of the feats for that class, twin reposte being an example. it doesnt show up when the feat options are set to all, and neither does the ranger filter for class feats.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2018, 15:49
i tried to make a ranger, and couldnt find any of the feats for that class, twin reposte being an example. it doesnt show up when the feat options are set to all, and neither does the ranger filter for class feats.
Please refer to post #1 and what the core data module contains: "Includes class feats to level 5 for Alchemist, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Fighter and Rogue."

Until we provide an updated data module you can manually copy/paste data from the PDF to create the feat entry on the abilities tab.

vyruxx
August 11th, 2018, 16:32
full clean ..0 extensions.
when I put pins with story on the map, when I close it the map appears clean. Same wheni set grid. When i restart campaign all is clean int he map
In othesr ruleset i have not got problems.

vyruxx
August 11th, 2018, 16:36
Using any extensions?
Enhanced Images?
Pins go on the bottom layer....

when I put pins with story on the map, when I close it the map appears clean. Same wheni set grid. When i restart campaign all is clean int he map

Trenloe
August 11th, 2018, 17:12
Please provide a screenshot of the issue - showing before (with a pin etc. set on the map) and after when the pin etc. Is no longer there.

vyruxx
August 11th, 2018, 17:54
Please provide a screenshot of the issue - showing before (with a pin etc. set on the map) and after when the pin etc. Is no longer there.
Sorry, it seems that was the map. I do not know why because it's a simple jpeg of 1mega but is 1700x2100, maybe that's why?

Trenloe
August 11th, 2018, 18:03
Sorry, it seems that was the map. I do not know why because it's a simple jpeg of 1mega but is 1700x2100, maybe that's why?
That shouldn't be an issue. All I can think of is that the map is set as read only in FG for some reason.

Torg Smith
August 11th, 2018, 21:27
I’m on the road now so can’t check on the exact format of the data update. Please leave it with us for now.

I manually entered Goblin into the custom traits and it worked. The only issue is that the traits did not come down with the last build.

I haven't been messing with it the whole time. I just thought to test this.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2018, 21:32
I manually entered Goblin into the custom traits and it worked. The only issue is that the traits did not come down with the last build.

I haven't been messing with it the whole time. I just thought to test this.
Thanks for checking. As you say, it does appear that the traits weren't in the last data update. Sorry about that. We’ll get them out in the next one...

corwyn42
August 11th, 2018, 23:53
I noticed that my character's hit points do not increase if I take the Toughness General feat.

UltimateGM
August 12th, 2018, 02:12
Not really a bug and something you can do manually through Fantasy Grounds is add the sign language language to the list of languages.

Dugahst
August 12th, 2018, 12:33
when creating a character it doesn't prompt you to add feats (at first level you get 2 - 1 from ancestry and 1 from class), a new player may miss these when creating in FG.

Torg Smith
August 12th, 2018, 13:31
when creating a character it doesn't prompt you to add feats (at first level you get 2 - 1 from ancestry and 1 from class), a new player may miss these when creating in FG.

If you click on the tracker button in the upper right hand side of the first tab, it will list what you need to do in the lower window.

Here is a Youtube video by Trenloe on building characters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvUxB0174E

Trenloe
August 12th, 2018, 14:56
I noticed that my character's hit points do not increase if I take the Toughness General feat.
Correct. That needs to be done manually. I still need to fully code the HP modifiers window, so in the meantime use CTRL+mouse-wheel to add a temp modifier to the HP total field on the main tab.

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2018, 16:46
This is fantastic! We will take some time out of our AP campaign to work on testing this out!

I noticed most the things we found are previously mentioned but didn't notice one thing we caught (unless I just missed it reading through)…

When someone isn't wearing any armor, they are still getting a negative proficiency bonus added to their AC. Did notice that our human got only -1 proficiency and our dwarf got -2 to proficiencies, and am trying to figure out if there's something in the rules that indicate humans get a lower penalty. There appears to be no way to alter that base proficiency rating as it's all done internally so no way to adjust that or see where it's being altered.

PS: Is there any restriction to creating a module for the Beta Adventure (Doomsday Dawn) and sharing that?

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 17:05
When someone isn't wearing any armor, they are still getting a negative proficiency bonus added to their AC. Did notice that our human got only -1 proficiency and our dwarf got -2 to proficiencies, and am trying to figure out if there's something in the rules that indicate humans get a lower penalty. There appears to be no way to alter that base proficiency rating as it's all done internally so no way to adjust that or see where it's being altered.
You need to manually select the correct level of proficiency for your AC - based off the lower of the armour you're wearing and the shield you're wielding. "Unarmored defense" also has a proficiency - so if you're not wearing armor you still have a proficiency. From page 176 of the Playtest Rules: "If you’re not wearing armor, substitute your proficiency in unarmored defense."

Proficiency bonus is based off the proficiency level set for the relevant entry and the total character level within the "Class & Level" window. I've seen nothing in the Playtest rules that alter that, hence there is no way in the ruleset to adjust proficiency globally. However, I have deliberately put modifier fields for all proficiency based abilities, so you can always change totals based off that.

If the Dwarf is not showing correct proficiency bonus, please export the character XML (click the blue down arrow in the top right of the Character Tracker window and post the XML here for us to check.

PS: Is there any restriction to creating a module for the Beta Adventure (Doomsday Dawn) and sharing that?
You are limited by the OGL, which restricts what you can share. See this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44968-Pathfinder-2-0-Playtest-Feedback&p=400861&viewfull=1#post400861 and the post after for more info.

jontorregano
August 13th, 2018, 17:12
Just something small. Upon picking the Half-elf ancestry the tracker indicates that you should select one ancestry feat; however, the Half-orc does not prompt such an ancestry feat to be taken. I dont know if you need the xml's or just the words suffice for the bug. I will continue to try and find issues. Thanks again Trenloe and all.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 17:19
Just something small. Upon picking the Half-elf ancestry the tracker indicates that you should select one ancestry feat; however, the Half-orc does not prompt such an ancestry feat to be taken. I dont know if you need the xml's or just the words suffice for the bug.
Thanks for reporting.

It looks like the details for Half-Elf and Half-Orc haven't been updated in the module.

Background: You don't get to select an ancestry feat at level 1 if you select Half-Elf or Half-Orc. You get the relevant Heritage feat and choose ancestry benefits listed in that feat.

This will be fixed in the next data release, and will look something like this:

jontorregano
August 13th, 2018, 17:22
Awesome, thanks for the quick work. I'll keep poking around. I'll try to check the thread to make sure I am not repeating issues.

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2018, 17:44
You need to manually select the correct level of proficiency for your AC - based off the lower of the armour you're wearing and the shield you're wielding. "Unarmored defense" also has a proficiency - so if you're not wearing armor you still have a proficiency. From page 176 of the Playtest Rules: "If you’re not wearing armor, substitute your proficiency in unarmored defense."

Proficiency bonus is based off the proficiency level set for the relevant entry and the total character level within the "Class & Level" window. I've seen nothing in the Playtest rules that alter that, hence there is no way in the ruleset to adjust proficiency globally. However, I have deliberately put modifier fields for all proficiency based abilities, so you can always change totals based off that.

If the Dwarf is not showing correct proficiency bonus, please export the character XML (click the blue down arrow in the top right of the Character Tracker window and post the XML here for us to check.
I saw that reference, but I have looked through the rules (there is a lot to absorb) and am struggling to see where Unarmored Proficiency is a thing. For example, Monk is "Untrained in all armor" but doesn't say they have Unarmored Proficiency. There's not feat that grants proficiency in unarmored defense. This might be more of a PF2 thing I should be reporting on, but it seems to me that everyone starts with proficiency in unarmored defense and developing it further allows you to gain extra benefits beyond the base starting point (IE: Monks gain expert unarmored defense with Graceful Expertise). Thankfully, I can just go in and put a "T" under proficiency in the Combat-AC Tab, so that works. Hopefully, some of these rough edges will get smoothed out through beta for the new ruleset.

As far as the dwarf goes, I went back and looked into it closer and it turns out that the player hadn't completed the character so the proficiency modifier wasn't taking into account level (1) so was reporting as -2.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 17:54
I saw that reference, but I have looked through the rules (there is a lot to absorb) and am struggling to see where Unarmored Proficiency is a thing. For example, Monk is "Untrained in all armor" but doesn't say they have Unarmored Proficiency. There's not feat that grants proficiency in unarmored defense. This might be more of a PF2 thing I should be reporting on, but it seems to me that everyone starts with proficiency in unarmored defense and developing it further allows you to gain extra benefits beyond the base starting point (IE: Monks gain expert unarmored defense with Graceful Expertise).
Yeah, there's really not much in the rules other than mentioning "unarmored defense" on page 176 and that the Monk gets "Graceful Expertise - Your unarmored defense proficiency rank is expert."

Page 43 mentions: "Each class entry typically specifies your character’s proficiency rank in Perception, saving throws, weapons, and armor. If a mechanic isn’t listed in your character’s class entry, her proficiency rank in that mechanic is considered untrained unless she gains training from another source."

Thankfully, I can just go in and put a "T" under proficiency in the Combat-AC Tab, so that works.
No matter what the end result for unarmored defense proficiency (or other weapon/armor proficiency) there is currently no automation to automatically set the proficiency level for AC or attacks in the ruleset - the player has to set it manually.

vyruxx
August 13th, 2018, 18:11
Fifth, there are a few pieces of early errata that we need to get up immediately.
All PCs are trained in being unarmored.
Both Alchemists and Druids should be trained in 3 skills (+ Int Mod) each (instead of 2 and 4 respectively).
Alchemists can use Quick Alchemy for any alchemical item in their formula book.
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2vawh?Post-Gen-Con-Update

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 18:13
Fifth, there are a few pieces of early errata that we need to get up immediately.
All PCs are trained in being unarmored.
Both Alchemists and Druids should be trained in 3 skills (+ Int Mod) each (instead of 2 and 4 respectively).
Alchemists can use Quick Alchemy for any alchemical item in their formula book.
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2vawh?Post-Gen-Con-Update
Thanks for the info. We will adjust future data as necessary. This only affects the current ruleset in terms of the guidance to train the skills in the character tracker. All others are currently handled manually.

antaskidayo
August 13th, 2018, 19:41
No ability boost at level 10. Why cant we just manually edit the stats like normal in a 5th ed module?

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 19:54
No ability boost at level 10.
In order to hit the extremely tight timescales to release anything at all last week, we have only been able to release most classes with correct levelling up to level 5.

You may have been confused by the statement in post #1: "- Character Features through level 20 are included for each and picked up with the auto-leveler." "Class Features" only cover specific class abilities and were included only for reference. Feats and ability boosts are not class features and weren't included in the "release 1" data for levelling above level 5..

These will be updated over time...

Why cant we just manually edit the stats like normal in a 5th ed module?
You absolutely can. This ruleset has added 2 options (over the PFRGP ruleset) for manually editing stats - on the "Main" tab use CTRL+mousewheel on the "Score" field or apply a modifier in the "Misc +/-" field for the ability you want to change.

dantedoom
August 13th, 2018, 22:42
Hey Trenloe, do you know when maybe we will be getting thiss update with the Traits? =D

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 22:45
Hey Trenloe, do you know when maybe we will be getting thiss update with the Traits? =D
I would imagine later this week. It's actually an update to the ruleset that slipped through the net with the update last week. We don't want to do another ruleset update just for this, and then a bigger ruleset update a few days later.

vyruxx
August 14th, 2018, 00:06
I would imagine later this week. It's actually an update to the ruleset that slipped through the net with the update last week. We don't want to do another ruleset update just for this, and then a bigger ruleset update a few days later.
Woooohhh, big update? Can you say more?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 00:10
Woooohhh, big update? Can you say more?

https://media.giphy.com/media/AZINoauH6e7V6/giphy.gif

:-D

jontorregano
August 14th, 2018, 02:09
I'm excited by the tease for a big update. I was working though some of the weapon traits and one that may be fixable without condition monitoring would be the "Fatal" category. (Fatal The fatal trait includes a die size. On a critical hit, all the weapon’s damage dice increase to that die size instead of the normal dice, plus the weapon adds another die of damage of the listed size.) Hope this helps.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 02:17
I'm excited by the tease for a big update.
Note... I said "bigger"! Seeing as the traits fix is 1 single character in the code, then the weekly update is definitely going to be biggER than that. ;-)

(Sorry for the tease!)

jontorregano
August 14th, 2018, 02:19
Ahhh gotcha no problem :D

damned
August 14th, 2018, 02:51
I'm excited by the tease for a big update. I was working though some of the weapon traits and one that may be fixable without condition monitoring would be the "Fatal" category. (Fatal The fatal trait includes a die size. On a critical hit, all the weapon’s damage dice increase to that die size instead of the normal dice, plus the weapon adds another die of damage of the listed size.) Hope this helps.

There are hundreds of hours of effort to build a ruleset.
And this will be an excellent ruleset but it will take time to get there.

jontorregano
August 14th, 2018, 02:55
There are hundreds of hours of effort to build a ruleset.
And this will be an excellent ruleset but it will take time to get there.

I definitely agree, I was just trying to share some of the small stuff that I found in-order to help the effort. I appreciate all the work Trenloe and anyone else involved is doing.

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2018, 02:55
Any chance that their might eventually be something more elegant than a text driven proficiency text box? It would seem to me that there specific proficiencies that could be tied into the character sheet down the road for more streamline linking to how they tie into things like attacks and armor class, etc?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 04:52
I definitely agree, I was just trying to share some of the small stuff that I found in-order to help the effort. I appreciate all the work Trenloe and anyone else involved is doing.
Yep, no worries at all. I appreciate the help and enthusiasm.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 04:58
Any chance that their might eventually be something more elegant than a text driven proficiency text box? It would seem to me that there specific proficiencies that could be tied into the character sheet down the road for more streamline linking to how they tie into things like attacks and armor class, etc?
It's a possibility. We'll see how the ruleset and the playtest develops. The danger at present is investing a lot of time into automation that only lasts for a couple of months and the rules evolve throughout the playtest. Especially for something that players only occasionally have to do - in this case when they change armour or add a new weapon.

And also, thinking about the playtest itself, the more FG automates at this point the less players understand about the system and so it might be that they don't really appreciate all of the mechanics and can't give objective feedback to Paizo as part of the playtest process. But this way of thinking is really secondary to wanting to keep an open mind about possible changes in the rules/mechanics over the duration of the playtest.

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2018, 06:28
It's a possibility. We'll see how the ruleset and the playtest develops. The danger at present is investing a lot of time into automation that only lasts for a couple of months and the rules evolve throughout the playtest. Especially for something that players only occasionally have to do - in this case when they change armour or add a new weapon.

And also, thinking about the playtest itself, the more FG automates at this point the less players understand about the system and so it might be that they don't really appreciate all of the mechanics and can't give objective feedback to Paizo as part of the playtest process. But this way of thinking is really secondary to wanting to keep an open mind about possible changes in the rules/mechanics over the duration of the playtest.Yeah, there is something to that, though I am hammering the Paizo playtest boards with opinions on the minutia so I am not ignoring the details :P There is a lot to absorb, though.

In the "just for visual reference", have you considered adding a check box for things like reaction and actions? I know it is pretty simple to keep track of these things (there's a very limited number of each), but maybe some might find it useful to have the little circles on the actions tab where they can click a simple indicator to show if they used their actions and reactions (resetting at the start of their turn each time).

Gwydion
August 14th, 2018, 14:03
So I'm new to pathfinder in general but interested in the playtest so I'm jumping in. Sorry if this has been reported. When creating a character, if you pick an ancestry (e.g. Dwarf) and scroll down on the main tab and click any of the racial traits (e.g. ability boosts, languages, etc), they just open to a blank new racial trait. The links on the "other" tab work fine. Thanks!

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 17:42
In the "just for visual reference", have you considered adding a check box for things like reaction and actions? I know it is pretty simple to keep track of these things (there's a very limited number of each), but maybe some might find it useful to have the little circles on the actions tab where they can click a simple indicator to show if they used their actions and reactions (resetting at the start of their turn each time).
I have a number of plans for actions that I'm considering for down the road.

At present there is a "Reaction?" check in the Combat Tracker attack section. This, or something similar, will also be added to the character sheet.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 17:43
So I'm new to pathfinder in general but interested in the playtest so I'm jumping in. Sorry if this has been reported. When creating a character, if you pick an ancestry (e.g. Dwarf) and scroll down on the main tab and click any of the racial traits (e.g. ability boosts, languages, etc), they just open to a blank new racial trait. The links on the "other" tab work fine. Thanks!
Thanks for reporting. I've identified the issue and will try to get a fix in place for the next data release.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 17:56
There's been a minor ruleset update today:
1) Partial fix to the trait listing and lookup issue. All traits are listed and are double-clickable for general traits. However Armor, Creature and Weapon traits won't open on double-click. The issue has been identified and is in process to be fixed.
2) The Modifier window has 2 new buttons: Multi Atk #2 and Multi Atk #3. These apply a -5 or -10 bonus to an attack roll, respectively. Primarily used for NPC multi-attacks, as PCs have the multi-attack penalties built into their Actions tab.

jontorregano
August 15th, 2018, 00:42
Hey, Trenloe, thanks for the consistent updated. Just wanted to get the modifier box cleared up, is it still located where the +2, +5, and so on are because my display is this as if I was created a new campaign. 24341

Trenloe
August 15th, 2018, 00:48
Just wanted to get the modifier box cleared up, is it still located where the +2, +5, and so on are because my display is this as if I was created a new campaign.
Get to the Modifier Box by clicking the +/- button in the top left of the desktop.

Also see here: https://youtu.be/Ti40bkEjI7s?t=233 Although this doesn't show the two new multi-attack buttons.

jontorregano
August 15th, 2018, 00:51
Thanks for the clarification and providing an example, i feel slightly silly now lol.

ShadeRaven
August 15th, 2018, 20:45
Are the updates to this ruleset automatic? Just want to make sure I am not having to download something to get the latest version.

Halflings don't advance past their ancestry (still) and also when you go to click on Ancestry Feats on their Racial Tab information, it gives a blank (new racial trait) box.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2018, 20:50
Are the updates to this ruleset automatic? Just want to make sure I am not having to download something to get the latest version.

Halflings don't advance past their ancestry (still) and also when you go to click on Ancestry Feats on their Racial Tab information, it gives a blank (new racial trait) box.

You need to run an update to get the latest ruleset and data modules.

There was only a change to the ruleset. No change to the data. The halfling issue is lined up for a fix in the next data release, "soon".

Ampersandrew
August 15th, 2018, 22:40
My players wanted to play half-orc and half-elf. While they could add the ancesrty, they are supposed to get a choce of two things out of four. This wasn't working, in the end they both just wwnt with bog standard humans.

Trenloe
August 15th, 2018, 23:31
My players wanted to play half-orc and half-elf. While they could add the ancesrty, they are supposed to get a choce of two things out of four. This wasn't working, in the end they both just wwnt with bog standard humans.
The selections aren't automated - you need to do that manually. Unfortunately, the prompt to do this in the tracker window didn't make it into the data released last week.

Ampersandrew
August 16th, 2018, 00:19
Thanks for the speedy reply. I can't figure out where the choices need to be made. It doesn't seem to have anything I can drag in to choose them, or any field I can add them to.

I couldn't figure it out while we were playing and I've tried again, I still ahve no clue.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 00:23
Thanks for the speedy reply. I can't figure out where the choices need to be made. It doesn't seem to have anything I can drag in to choose them, or any field I can add them to.

I couldn't figure it out while we were playing and I've tried again, I still ahve no clue.
I'd recommend adding it into the "Rules & Abilities" section on the "Abilities" tab. Either go into edit mode (click the brown / button) and add a record, or right-click in the frame and select "Create Item". Then click on the link for the newly created (empty name) ability to fill out the name and the text. It's a little bit long-winded I know, but it only has to be done once during character generation (unless they take the Half-Elf or Half-Orc Ancestry feat again later to get the other two abilities).

Ampersandrew
August 16th, 2018, 00:52
I apologize if this sounds like I'm whinging, I greatly appreciate having this data set.

I've had another look. Yes, I could create a Darkvision entry in Rules and Abilities and populate it with the text about Darkvision. But, This Ability already exists, it's added by the Dwarf Ancesrty. When you drop Dwarf onto the character sheet not only does it add to the Rules and Abilities section, it fills in the Perception field on the front of the sheet. Half elves and half-orcs are adding two "Ancestry data" items from a choice of four. Presumably, some of these four already exist, the elf ones at least.

Since the system already has this data, what I really want is an interface that would let me drop it on the character sheet and have it do the correct thing. I went looking for this in the xml, but its "helpfully" encrypted. Is there any chance a way to add these pre-existing Ancestry data records will be added at some point? A way to add our own "Ancestry data" records would likely also be useful.

rhammer2
August 16th, 2018, 01:37
You can make a temporary fix for the hafling in your own data by copying the race and updating the ability boost and ability flaw with:
+2 to One Ability, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom
-2 Strength

-Robert

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 02:01
I apologize if this sounds like I'm whinging, I greatly appreciate having this data set.
No problem. But... please realize that what you are using is the first ever release of an early access ruleset and data. Whereas looking from the outside it may appear like this could be easily implemented and I can see that you’re frustrated that it isn’t. We’ve had to make many decisions on what to put in the first few releases and what not to. I made the decision to not automate this to save time to devote to other things in the ruleset for a number of reasons, the top ones being is that it occurs once at character generation (i.e. not very often) and the text records describing the abilities selected are just that - text records for the information of the Player and GM, there’s no automation whatsoever behind them; and because if you want to have them you can add them in manually during character creation.

This ruleset has a number of much higher priorities to deliver over the coming months. Who knows what the end ruleset will look like next August - that will largely depend on what Pathfinder 2.0 evolves into. Half-Elves and Half-Orcs may change to their own race entry (I doubt it, but you never know). As such I can’t commit to what will be and what won’t be developed over the next year. I would like to think that at some point creating a half-elf or half-orc will be a little more user friendly, we'll see... ;-)

The information I was giving you was how to do it *right now* - this is 99.9% likely to be different in the final product.

Is there any chance a way to add these pre-existing Ancestry data records will be added at some point? A way to add our own "Ancestry data" records would likely also be useful.
Yes, you can create your own ancestry records. The gotcha with this particular issue is that here is no code to recognize the half-orc or half-elf ancestry feat, offer the four options, and auto create the ability record for the two selected. Sure, I could code it, but that will put spell implementation back a day or so and, sorry, baseline is that this really isn’t super important in the grand scheme of things. I’m sorry, I hope you’re not insulted by that, but these are the types of decisions I need to make to get much higher priority functionality created, into the SmiteWorks release schedule and out to the people gnashing their teeth for more mainstream functionality.

EDIT: As a temporary improvement, if you really want to not enter the details of the two features selected, you could add the options as 4 records to the Ancestry entries list (see the Dwarf Darkvision as an example). Then all 4 will be added to the PC when the Ancestry is dropped on the character sheet - the play will then have to remember to remove (delete) the two abilities that they have not selected. Not a great solution, but at least quickly deleting 2 records it is faster than adding in 2 new ones... YMMV.

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2018, 02:09
Just want to reiterate, love this stuff and all the work going into it! The Tracker for building a character is superb! Does it work on levels past 1? Everyone is pretty pumped about giving this a run. I've put The Lost Star completely into FG (with maps, images, backgrounds, etc etc) and characters are being made right now...

Which brings me to an odd bug...

When I player looks at his character sheet, their Saving Throws are being correctly computed, but as a GM, I see incorrect numbers.. which caused some confusion. Here's a picture:

We even tested it in the game.. and you'll see the player making a Reflex Save at +6 with his Goblin Rogue while when I click on it, it is only +3. He sees his character sheet indicating the correct save rating (+6), but I see the incorrect one (+3). We tried various things but couldn't figure out how to change that field to read correctly for us both.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Edit PS: Just noticed that his HPs are listed as 7 for me and on the combat tracker while he sees 15 HPs on his character sheet (which is correct). Removing and adding him still gives him 7 HPs on the tracker.

PPS: If I change his HPs to 15, it'll work for both thereafter.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 02:23
Just want to reiterate, love this stuff and all the work going into it! The Tracker for building a character is superb! Does it work on levels past 1? Everyone is pretty pumped about giving this a run. I've put The Lost Star completely into FG (with maps, images, backgrounds, etc etc) and characters are being made right now...
Cool! I'll be running next week, using FG but face-to-face at the table.

Which brings me to an odd bug...

When I player looks at his character sheet, their Saving Throws are being correctly computed, but as a GM, I see incorrect numbers.. which caused some confusion. Here's a picture:

We even tested it in the game.. and you'll see the player making a Reflex Save at +6 with his Goblin Rogue while when I click on it, it is only +3. He sees his character sheet indicating the correct save rating (+6), but I see the incorrect one (+3). We tried various things but couldn't figure out how to change that field to read correctly for us both.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Very strange, the save looks like the proficiency level isn't being added. There were some issues with the initial release with the combat tab not updating correctly if you'd already opened it before changes were made elsewhere (for example, a player making a change while the GM was viewing or a change made through the tracker window). Have you updated this week? Unfortunately the update on Monday slipped out without a change to the release number in the chat window, so it's difficult to check which version you're running.

Edit PS: Just noticed that his HPs are listed as 7 for me and on the combat tracker while he sees 15 HPs on his character sheet (which is correct). Removing and adding him still gives him 7 HPs on the tracker.
That's strange, part II. What is providing the missing 8 HP - ancestry, class + Con, Class only? I was working on the HP code in release 2 last night (providing more details of how it's calculated, added a modifier field and updated the class/level code), maybe it's already fixed? I can hope, right?? ;-)

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2018, 02:36
Trenloe:
I definitely opened and closed, etc., and nothing helped the saving throws reporting. After reloading the entire campaign (exiting out and restarting), it was fixed. Incidentally, /reload doesn't work as a command currently.

PS Edit: Yes, I updated today in fact (which looks like didn't include any PF2 changes). Any time I see the glow around update, I'll do that just to ensure we have the latest version.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 02:43
Trenloe:
I definitely opened and closed, etc., and nothing helped the saving throws reporting. After reloading the entire campaign (exiting out and restarting), it was fixed.
The problem is that the character sheet implementation is not removed from memory when it's closed. So when you open it, all of the onInit stuff that usually does all the calculations doesn't get fired - as FG has already ran that before. That's why restarting FG fixes the data display issue.

I need to track down how the changes aren't being pushed through after the window's been opened but changes occur elsewhere. I've added a couple of onUpdate event handlers recently, but I'm not 100% sure I've covered everything. Thanks for reporting, I really appreciate it. Hopefully this will be a lot more robust soon when I can track down and squash a couple of the scuttling blighters! :)

Incidentally, /reload doesn't work as a command currently.
It won't work if there's a player connected. Otherwise it works fine (at least for me). Believe me, I do it many, many, many times each day recently! :)

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2018, 03:07
Small thing:
Sudden Charge is a feat available to both Barbarian and Fighter as class feats but there's a difference between the two, though very minor. Not sure it's critical, as these things may change on release, but there is that.

There's some automated stuff players would love to see (and it would be nice to see a breakdown of HPs instead of just the one catch all box, so you can see additions from stats, feats like toughness, etc.) but they all know this is in the early stages so there's a lot to be added going forward. I'll probably throw in things like the HP breakdown for features people would really like to see.

Some other things:
There is no ammunition in the equipment (arrows, bolts, stones).
Players really want the Shield Raised? toggle on the Actions tab.
The newer style of having things like defenses, saves, etc., along the top of the Actions Tab is also a request.

Not sure you can do anything about this... but I have a player who's constantly accidently dragging and dropping things in the tracker.. like his Background twice.. duplicate skills don't change anything, but the stat boost do go through. Might be nice to have some safeguards against mistakes in the selection process.

Edit: Also, ranged weapons are not going to DEX as a base. We've had to change the actual stat on them to DEX to get them to compute correctly. Also, the propulsive weapon trait appears to have no effect (we manually add in the .5x damage multiplier).

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 03:26
Sudden Charge is a feat available to both Barbarian and Fighter as class feats but there's a difference between the two, though very minor. Not sure it's critical, as these things may change on release, but there is that.
Thanks for reporting - we were just discussing yesterday if there were any feats/abilities that had the same name but were different. The in-house module development tool rejects duplicates, so we'll have to look at that. If you find any more, please let us know.

There's some automated stuff players would love to see (and it would be nice to see a breakdown of HPs instead of just the one catch all box, so you can see additions from stats, feats like toughness, etc.) but they all know this is in the early stages so there's a lot to be added going forward. I'll probably throw in things like the HP breakdown for features people would really like to see.
Kinda like this?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24357

Some other things:
There is no ammunition in the equipment (arrows, bolts, stones).
Players really want the Shield Raised? toggle on the Actions tab.
The newer style of having things like defenses, saves, etc., along the top of the Actions Tab is also a request.
Noted. I'm still in the process of designing actions, combat, etc. so things will change from what they are now. What they'll be? Well, I'm not 100% sure myself yet... ;)

Not sure you can do anything about this... but I have a player who's constantly accidently dragging and dropping things in the tracker.. like his Background twice.. duplicate skills don't change anything, but the stat boost do go through. Might be nice to have some safeguards against mistakes in the selection process.
I've been thinking of what to do about general drag/drop stuff in the tracker. I'm more than likely never going to write a full blown undo feature, so the most likely outcome is to block adding of an ancestry or background a second time. This would mean that if you made a mistake (added the wrong one) or wanted to change one of these you'd have to start a new PC. Probably not too much of an issue as these are the first 2 things you do.

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2018, 03:42
Thanks for reporting - we were just discussing yesterday if there were any feats/abilities that had the same name but were different. The in-house module development tool rejects duplicates, so we'll have to look at that. If you find any more, please let us know.

Kinda like this?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24357

Noted. I'm still in the process of designing actions, combat, etc. so things will change from what they are now. What they'll be? Well, I'm not 100% sure myself yet... ;)

I've been thinking of what to do about general drag/drop stuff in the tracker. I'm more than likely never going to write a full blown undo feature, so the most likely outcome is to block adding of an ancestry or background a second time. This would mean that if you made a mistake (added the wrong one) or wanted to change one of these you'd have to start a new PC. Probably not too much of an issue as these are the first 2 things you do.
Okay, soon as I saw Goob throws FIRE! I struggled to actually pay attention to anything else... this.. I.. love... lol.

Yes, that HP breakdown is perfect!

Preventing double drops would be great. And a lot easier than trying to undo, I imagine. We'd be happy with that alone. Because of the nature of the playtest, starting new characters as we explore things has been very common... and not any sort of inconvenience, to be honest, with the ease in which that Tracker has made it. We'd love to see that expanded to add in a true feat selection indicator (so players know they did choose their ancestral option, for example) as well as a choose x skills pop-up like the others (eliminating ones already trained), but not sure that's not already in the works.

Speaking of skills!

That goblin with the wonky saves had to choose 11 skills to train. There's no "counter" to show how many have already been "spent" (even as a grand total, IE: before choosing those, we believe he had 3 points to skills already - 2 in perception, 1 in lore) so when he reached the new total, it would have been easier to tell (e.g., he would choose until he had 14 total points in 13 skills). As it was, we were going.. did you pick 10 or 11 and had to work through to figure out how many selected compared to what he should have.

Edit: Did you catch the DEX weapon problem from my earlier edit? lol

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2018, 04:01
Another small item:

From page 151 under the Lore (Int) paragraphs - "Second, all your Lore skills are signature skills (see page 144)." Looks like the Lore skill(s) we get from things like Background should be labeled (checked off) as signature skills.

Ampersandrew
August 16th, 2018, 13:08
No problem. But... please realize that what you are using is the first ever release of an early access ruleset and data. Whereas looking from the outside it may appear like this could be easily implemented and I can see that you’re frustrated that it isn’t. We’ve had to make many decisions on what to put in the first few releases and what not to. I made the decision to not automate this to save time to devote to other things in the ruleset for a number of reasons, the top ones being is that it occurs once at character generation (i.e. not very often) and the text records describing the abilities selected are just that - text records for the information of the Player and GM, there’s no automation whatsoever behind them; and because if you want to have them you can add them in manually during character creation.

Yes, you can create your own ancestry records. The gotcha with this particular issue is that here is no code to recognize the half-orc or half-elf ancestry feat, offer the four options, and auto create the ability record for the two selected. Sure, I could code it, but that will put spell implementation back a day or so and, sorry, baseline is that this really isn’t super important in the grand scheme of things. I’m sorry, I hope you’re not insulted by that, but these are the types of decisions I need to make to get much higher priority functionality created, into the SmiteWorks release schedule and out to the people gnashing their teeth for more mainstream functionality.

I'm not insulted at all, thank you for the comprehensive answer.

You have absolutely made the correct call here. I'll get them to do it manually.

Thanks again, for the set and your patience.

Ampersandrew
August 16th, 2018, 13:09
One other thing we noticed when creating a character. sometimes the proficiency would be set correctly but not having an effect, we had to cycle through all the proficiencies and get back to where we started and then it showed the corect numbers.

ShadeRaven
August 16th, 2018, 20:56
Tren: Although I dislike it, I learned today that hitting someone with a strike by 10 or more than necessary (I had been using just natural 20), that's also a critical success that results in critical damage. Is that computed in the current (or future) versions of our PF2 ruleset?

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 21:01
Tren: Although I dislike it, I learned today that hitting someone with a strike by 10 or more than necessary (I had been using just natural 20), that's also a critical success that results in critical damage. Is that computed in the current (or future) versions of our PF2 ruleset?
Yep. As long as you use targeting. It's covered in the "Critical attack and damage automation." functionality included in release 1.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 01:18
I've added a bug tracking spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbGSjXB_PrkHJpu5reRqx6KSvJnGkAHkhZhgSpgTjHk/edit?usp=sharing It's read only, please continue to report/discuss issues in this thread. Thanks for all the assistance so far!

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 02:12
Not really a bug and something you can do manually through Fantasy Grounds is add the sign language language to the list of languages.
I've looked into this. To do a standard implementation of sign languages, as listed on page 40 of the playtest rules, there will need to be a XXXXX (sign) version for every single language to integrate into the standard FG language functionality.

I'm going to leave this for a while and consider options. In the meantime, if any of your players want to select a sign language, you can add it manually through the Language editor - button available at the bottom of the campaign settings window. This may be the option that I go with in the long run as I'm guessing this won't be too common an occurrence and I don't want to clutter the languages dropdown in the chat window with a bunch of rarely used Dwarven (sign), Elven (sign), etc. languages.

vyruxx
August 17th, 2018, 08:59
Hello, today I realized that it does not calculate correctly when you throw initiative with stealth, the bonus or penalty does not apply

Gwydion
August 17th, 2018, 13:51
Hmmmm.. Interesting. The stealth initiative works fine for me and applies the proper modifier. Do you have any extensions loaded? Anything else that might be affecting the roll in the modifier box or something?

vyruxx
August 17th, 2018, 14:20
Hmmmm.. Interesting. The stealth initiative works fine for me and applies the proper modifier. Do you have any extensions loaded? Anything else that might be affecting the roll in the modifier box or something?

Totally clean.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 14:25
Hello, today I realized that it does not calculate correctly when you throw initiative with stealth, the bonus or penalty does not apply
I can’t recreate the issue. Please export the PC XML (click the blue arrow button in the top right of the tracker page) and post here. Thanks.

vyruxx
August 17th, 2018, 14:34
I can’t recreate the issue. Please export the PC XML (click the blue arrow button in the top right of the tracker page) and post here. Thanks.
sending...

vyruxx
August 17th, 2018, 14:41
sending...

I've realized that if I do not click the armor does not happen. Is a breastplate

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 14:43
I've realized that if I do not click the armor does not happen. Is a breastplate
Thanks for the further detail. I’m guessing there's something stopping a negative modifier on the INIT roll. I’ll look into it.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 15:11
Found the issue, and fixed in Release 2. Thanks so much for reporting and providing the extra info. :)

jontorregano
August 17th, 2018, 17:16
The "Nimble" elf talent does not add 5 to Speed once you take it. Kinda small but just something I noticed.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 17:19
The "Nimble" elf talent does not add 5 to Speed once you take it. Kinda small but just something I noticed.
Yep, it doesn't. There's no feat automation at present.

firice
August 18th, 2018, 00:35
deleted.

Torg Smith
August 18th, 2018, 00:54
in reference to the ability score to the halfling changing it how does one do this? i cannot select my scores to continue? also where is a good spot to find the .pak of the doomsday dawn?

thank you

There is a link to the videos that Trenloe made on how to use the ruleset in the first post of this tread. Information regarding Doomsday Dawn getting released is here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/Pathfinder2/ . It says soon. I think they are shooting for the end of September, but it will depend on how well the base ruleset goes and what curve balls Paizo throws on rules updates.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2018, 01:22
in reference to the ability score to the halfling changing it how does one do this? i cannot select my scores to continue? also where is a good spot to find the .pak of the doomsday dawn?
Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forums!

The fix for the Halfling boosts will be released next week. More info on how to make that work for you right now is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)&p=400350&viewfull=1#post400350

You'll also need to change the "Ability Flaw" entry to -2 strength

Sorry for this omission, it missed the data update this week and will be available next week.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2018, 01:27
Information regarding Doomsday Dawn getting released is here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/Pathfinder2/ . It says soon. I think they are shooting for the end of September, but it will depend on how well the base ruleset goes and what curve balls Paizo throws on rules updates.
I'm hoping to get at least part 1 out before the end of this month, but I really can't commit to any specific dates - I'm juggling lots of dogslicers and horsechoppers at the moment. And, as you say, there are a lot of base ruleset "stuff" I really want to get out before that. Even when I get it ready we have a period for SmiteWorks and Steam reviews before it can be released.

The maps are in Steam review right now. So.... I'm hoping (again, hoping, as so much of this is outside of my control - I'm not complaining, just being transparent about the process) that the flipmaps will be released in the store next week. With the part 1 flip map and the NPCs in the bestiary module (available now as part of the standard data package) you should be able to run part 1 of Doomsday Dawn (with frequent reference to the PDF) pretty well... (IMHO anyway) :)

jontorregano
August 18th, 2018, 04:06
I saw in the the bug sheet that you already have class data as incomplete. Just wanted to attach a picture showing that Barbarian is missing Table 3-2. The Monk and Ranger Tables seem to have a slight error in their table headers "Your Level3Class Features". Also "Class Features" is inconsistently located before or after the "Advancement Table" given the class. Thanks again, its mostly cosmetic but hope this is still helpful. 24371

Trenloe
August 18th, 2018, 04:22
I saw in the the bug sheet that you already have class data as incomplete. Just wanted to attach a picture showing that Barbarian is missing Table 3-2. The Monk and Ranger Tables seem to have a slight error in their table headers "Your Level3Class Features". Also "Class Features" is inconsistently located before or after the "Advancement Table" given the class. Thanks again, its mostly cosmetic but hope this is still helpful. 24371
Very helpful. Thanks very much! :)

Thane
August 19th, 2018, 00:33
Glad to hear about Doomsday Dawn. Time sensitive material there.

ShadeRaven
August 20th, 2018, 01:03
Trenloe: Since the Pazio forums seem to be down (I can't post anyway, at all today, and can't see anything posted from after yesterday around noon), I've decided you get to be the object of my attention. Sorry! :P

First, I know this is on you and your job.. but.. if there's anything I can offer to help, please feel free to ask. I'd be happy to contribute where appropriate and as my personal skills allow. With that out of the way, I have a few things I am curious about:

A) I don't remember seeing any sort of process where effects are automated to affect themselves before, so how are you going to handle things like Enfeebled 3 which begins to degrade from round to round? Is that too much of a beast to have some automated field similar to the duration field because there's odd uses of it? Perhaps a 3rd field like Duration and Initiative to Adjust On that indicates the strength of the affliction. It looks a bit messy as some powers like Lasting Reprisal where both the duration and strength are altered by end of round or other conditions.
B) How about dents, # of dents, effects of dents, and broken, especially as it relates to armor, along with the ratings for Hardness, etc.? I am still trying to get a grip on how that's applied in action as there's some vagueness involved to me or at least not all sensible in its application.

I might have more but just realized that sun is falling and I need to get to the lawn while I can. lol.

PS: Hope your PnP session went well this weekend! I thought I remember reading you were hosting one.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2018, 20:34
First, I know this is on you and your job.. but.. if there's anything I can offer to help, please feel free to ask. I'd be happy to contribute where appropriate and as my personal skills allow.
Thanks for offering. The ruleset is in such a state of flux at the moment (I'm making multiple changes each and every day) that there really isn't much that I can farm out to others at present.

A) I don't remember seeing any sort of process where effects are automated to affect themselves before, so how are you going to handle things like Enfeebled 3 which begins to degrade from round to round? Is that too much of a beast to have some automated field similar to the duration field because there's odd uses of it? Perhaps a 3rd field like Duration and Initiative to Adjust On that indicates the strength of the affliction. It looks a bit messy as some powers like Lasting Reprisal where both the duration and strength are altered by end of round or other conditions.
B) How about dents, # of dents, effects of dents, and broken, especially as it relates to armor, along with the ratings for Hardness, etc.? I am still trying to get a grip on how that's applied in action as there's some vagueness involved to me or at least not all sensible in its application.
These are things for me to consider in future releases. I would imagine I'll just modify the effect XX value as appropriate.

I plan (subject to change) for dents, etc. to be tracked on the individual item record in the PC sheet. I haven't looked in detail at all the NPC records, so don't know to what level this will be needed to cover off all NPC possibilities.

PS: Hope your PnP session went well this weekend! I thought I remember reading you were hosting one.
Thanks. Well remembered. My game's tomorrow.

Trenloe
August 21st, 2018, 17:30
Release 1b available through the FG update mechanism. Details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45228-Pathfinder-Playtest-Release-1b-August-21st

Trenloe
August 21st, 2018, 17:31
Thanks to everyone who's reported errors on the initial release. Many of these issues are now fixed in release 1b - info in the bug tracker spreadsheet (read only) here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbGSjXB_PrkHJpu5reRqx6KSvJnGkAHkhZhgSpgTjHk/edit?usp=sharing

Torg Smith
August 22nd, 2018, 01:50
A minor thing. The price for two armor items have a leading zero on them. They are Padded Armor and Light wooden shield.
Another minor thing. The Gear item Holly and mistletoe has a price of "0" and the Weapon item club has a price of "0 sp". I like the "0 sp" better.

Edit: this is with the new release 1b

dantedoom
August 22nd, 2018, 01:54
Great work Trenloe! Congratulations

Trenloe
August 22nd, 2018, 03:01
A minor thing. The price for two armor items have a leading zero on them. They are Padded Armor and Light wooden shield.
I did that deliberately so that the armor orders the same as in the table in the rulebook. It makes no difference to the functionality.

Another minor thing. The Gear item Holly and mistletoe has a price of "0" and the Weapon item club has a price of "0 sp". I like the "0 sp" better.
These are direct copies from the rulebook. Again, no functionality impact.

Gwaihir Scout
August 23rd, 2018, 00:07
The change to display current hit points did two things:

Players no longer see changes to an enemy's status on the combat tracker. It always displays as Healthy. Health dots on the map tokens work fine.

Going to negative hit points throws up errors. Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1530: attempt to concatenate local 'sNewStatus' (a nil value)

Other than that, I love the feature.

TheMadPhoenix
August 23rd, 2018, 00:17
Any word on when Half-Orc and Half-Elf benefits will be added? Or spells?

ArbiterX
August 23rd, 2018, 00:32
A few minor ones:

- Bo Staff has Bulk 2 Hands 3 instead of Bulk 1 Hands 2.
- Flail is missing?
- 'L'ight items have no weight, should they be .1?
- Should weapons have the ability to set the proficiency next to them on the Actions page? I might be missing where the 'Prof' value comes from. (In this case, a Monk with a Bo Staff and Monastic Weapons feat.)

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 01:02
Any word on when Half-Orc and Half-Elf benefits will be added?
Fixed in this weeks release, see this thread - especially the bug tracker link in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45228-Pathfinder-Playtest-Release-1b-August-21st

Or spells?
No meaningful update at this point.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 01:04
A few minor ones:

- Flail is missing?
- Should weapons have the ability to set the proficiency next to them on the Actions page? I might be missing where the 'Prof' value comes from. (In this case, a Monk with a Bo Staff and Monastic Weapons feat.)
Thanks for reporting, I’ll check the weapon info when I’m next in front of my dev FG.

Set weapon proficiency level in the weapon edit window. Click the magnifying glass on the right of the weapon entry on the actions tab.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 06:17
- Flail is missing?
Thanks for spotting these, I'll get them updated for the next release. Tracker ID #1.024.

This is a bug (1.023 in the bug tracker). The weight of 0.1 will be applied to bulk L items once they are opened. A fix is in the pipeline to auto apply this correctly without having to open the item.

Ampersandrew
August 23rd, 2018, 12:15
[QUOTE=Trenloe;402291]Fixed in this weeks release, see this thread - especially the bug tracker link in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45228-Pathfinder-Playtest-Release-1b-August-21st

I see you've changed the ancestry, thanks. I didn't think you were planning to do any more work on this.

It still doesn't have the ability to select the two sub-traits. I assume it will not have them at any point since it's still too much work to update. So if you decide to take "intimidating visage" and "low-light vision" for example you still need to add the benefits of these to the sheet yourself.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 16:20
I see you've changed the ancestry, thanks. I didn't think you were planning to do any more work on this.
I think there's a misunderstanding here. I never said I would stop doing work on ancestries, especially when fixes are required to correct data, bugs, etc..

It still doesn't have the ability to select the two sub-traits. I assume it will not have them at any point since it's still too much work to update. So if you decide to take "intimidating visage" and "low-light vision" for example you still need to add the benefits of these to the sheet yourself.
This functionality is specifically what I said I wouldn’t do anything on soon. The player is asked to do the change manually by a prompt in the chat window and in the character tracker.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 16:27
Any word on when Half-Orc and Half-Elf benefits will be added?
Sorry if I misdunerstood your question. The ability to use these ancestries properly has been updated in this week's release. If you’re referring to an automated way to auto add two out of four abilities then this is a manual process - prompted for in the chat window and tracker. Some details in this in the post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)&p=401242&viewfull=1#post401242

Gwydion
August 23rd, 2018, 18:49
When building an Alchemist, I noticed that he was given expert in fortitude saves and trained in reflex and will saves. He should have expert in reflex saves as well. Thanks!

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 20:46
When building an Alchemist, I noticed that he was given expert in fortitude saves and trained in reflex and will saves. He should have expert in reflex saves as well. Thanks!
Thanks for reporting. Assigned bug ID #1.025 and will be fixed in the next data release.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 21:03
The change to display current hit points did two things:

Players no longer see changes to an enemy's status on the combat tracker. It always displays as Healthy. Health dots on the map tokens work fine.

Going to negative hit points throws up errors. Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1530: attempt to concatenate local 'sNewStatus' (a nil value)
Thanks for reporting - assigned #1.027 and #1.026, respectively. The error can be ignored for now, as it doesn't impact any further code/calculations - however, it does mean that a wound/dead status change is not reported in the chat window when HP goes negative. Both are fixed in the next release - pending any errata changes on death/recovery rolls from Paizo...

dantedoom
August 23rd, 2018, 21:14
Ok some little things!

Feat Very Sneaky (goblin 1) has been changed in the first errata, would be nice to have this change too in FG. Some other tests were too...

Druids Feats are all Caps locked

Monks Feats are not showing up.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 21:31
Feat Very Sneaky (goblin 1) has been changed in the first errata, would be nice to have this change too in FG. Some other tests were too...
Thanks for the heads up. Has this errata been released as a PDF yet? It was stated on the Paizo forums that they'd release errata via PDFs...

Druids Feats are all Caps locked

Monks Feats are not showing up.
Thanks for reporting. Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer and Wizard are missing all feats. Seems this has disappeared from the data I supplied for parsing. I'll add it back in...

Gwydion
August 23rd, 2018, 21:49
Thanks for the heads up. Has this errata been released as a PDF yet? It was stated on the Paizo forums that they'd release errata via PDFs...

It has, but the paizo site is still down. Its been down for about a week now. Here is a link to the errata in my dropbox. I would link to paizo's site directly but I can't!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oge47noae60o7kb/Update%201.0%20%288-13-18%29.pdf?dl=0

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 22:41
It has, but the paizo site is still down. Its been down for about a week now. Here is a link to the errata in my dropbox. I would link to paizo's site directly but I can't!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oge47noae60o7kb/Update%201.0%20%288-13-18%29.pdf?dl=0
Thanks so much for posting that PDF. Changes upcoming... :-)

shadelon
August 24th, 2018, 00:27
Next errata will be on monday. The site should be back up today.

ShadeRaven
August 24th, 2018, 05:41
So we are getting into combat and a few things popped up:
1) Got a script error on player damage, but I see there's a report that negative HPs cause this and is fixed for next release, so all our recall/testing seems to indicate this is the problem.
2) Base attack bonuses for weapons still not reporting the same for DM as for Player. They'd see a +5 to attack and I'd see a +1. If they attack off their combat tab, it'll show +5 in the chat box, but my use will be +1. A /reload would fix this but not anything short of that. Wasn't sure if this was supposed to be fixed yet. Unfortunately, didn't check Saves and no one is around right now to create a character so will have to verify that fix later.
3) Player icon's from their portraits scaling are noticeably larger than creature and letter icons when added to a map. I can ctrl-wheel them smaller, but there's no indication as to what scale it is at once that's done (no 0.6, for example, to know how much I reduced it).
4) Touch attacks aren't working. It comes up as a [TOUCH] attack, but without the bonus. Example: Chill Claw +5 touch will report on the Chat Box as [ATTACK (M)] Chill Claw +5 touch [TOUCH] with a zero bonus to the die roll instead of +5. That said, the [TOUCH] indicator is definitely working against the TAC rating and not AC. So if that Chill Claw came up as a 15 vs a character with an AC of 17 and a TAC of 14, it would hit.

Other:
I think NPCs need to be able to parse damage with an or... such as if I want to enter kobold damage with it's light pick as 1d4-1 piercing or 2d4-1 piercing and be able to mouse over and click the one of my choosing (this reflects their sneak attack damage) instead of having to set up an effect field. It would also allow some flexibility on the versatile weapons for creatures and similarly malleable attacks. Granted, you may have some ideas on how to make it easier to put in effects like sneak attack (parsing the Off./Proac. Abils), but I think an "or" separator would still be nice.

That's it from tonight's play! Most of the conversation surrounded getting used to the rules still (players are loving the action economy but dealing with the current version of death/dying was a confusing, game stalling mess) when not just simple adventuring. Or how that Orc trait of standing a 1 HP as a reaction to a lethal shot seemed powerful as there appears to be no indicator that they can't do it every turn as reactions reset. That came into play twice in the very first encounter alone (players couldn't follow up a first killing shot with a second either through poor rolls or no actions remaining).

As always, thanks for all the hard work getting this out for use to test!

Trenloe
August 24th, 2018, 06:21
1) Got a script error on player damage, but I see there's a report that negative HPs cause this and is fixed for next release, so all our recall/testing seems to indicate this is the problem.
Yep, that'll be the issue already reported.

2) Base attack bonuses for weapons still not reporting the same for DM as for Player. They'd see a +5 to attack and I'd see a +1. If they attack off their combat tab, it'll show +5 in the chat box, but my use will be +1. A /reload would fix this but not anything short of that. Wasn't sure if this was supposed to be fixed yet. Unfortunately, didn't check Saves and no one is around right now to create a character so will have to verify that fix later.
I can't recreate this issue. Do you know any sure steps to recreate it please?

3) Player icon's from their portraits scaling are noticeably larger than creature and letter icons when added to a map. I can ctrl-wheel them smaller, but there's no indication as to what scale it is at once that's done (no 0.6, for example, to know how much I reduced it).
There's nothing different in the PFRPG2 ruleset from the normal CoreRPG ruleset. The scaling label was removed in the standard v3.3.6 release. Square tokens will always look larger than circular ones.

4) Touch attacks aren't working. It comes up as a [TOUCH] attack, but without the bonus. Example: Chill Claw +5 touch will report on the Chat Box as [ATTACK (M)] Chill Claw +5 touch [TOUCH] with a zero bonus to the die roll instead of +5. That said, the [TOUCH] indicator is definitely working against the TAC rating and not AC. So if that Chill Claw came up as a 15 vs a character with an AC of 17 and a TAC of 14, it would hit.
Use an attach string in the format from the Playtest Bestiary. If there are no weapon traits, then still put empty brackets. For example: Chill Claw +5 touch (), Damage 1d6 works fine for me.

I think NPCs need to be able to parse damage with an or... such as if I want to enter kobold damage with it's light pick as 1d4-1 piercing or 2d4-1 piercing and be able to mouse over and click the one of my choosing (this reflects their sneak attack damage) instead of having to set up an effect field. It would also allow some flexibility on the versatile weapons for creatures and similarly malleable attacks. Granted, you may have some ideas on how to make it easier to put in effects like sneak attack (parsing the Off./Proac. Abils), but I think an "or" separator would still be nice.
Do separate attack entries (with attack and damage) separated by "or". For example: Light pick +5 (), Damage 1d4-1 or Light Pick sneak attack +5 (), Damage 2d4-1 This also has the advantage of allowing more information about the attack/damage entry to be added in the weapon description.

shadelon
August 25th, 2018, 08:09
Prior warning Mr Trenloe. Bastard sword is changing to 1d8 slashing instead of piercing. Bag of holding is getting corrected, no resonance cost for pulling out items. That's about all i heard today that effects your current work. This will all be in the nexr errata on monday.

Gwydion
August 25th, 2018, 15:59
Trenloe, I just noticed that the AC on the combat tab has a toggle for "stat". If its something like the bard, it won't use dex and won't update the AC appropriately. I think this should always be Dex? I might have missed something in the ruleset and if so, I apologize. I'm still learning...

Trenloe
August 25th, 2018, 19:02
Trenloe, I just noticed that the AC on the combat tab has a toggle for "stat". If its something like the bard, it won't use dex and won't update the AC appropriately. I think this should always be Dex? I might have missed something in the ruleset and if so, I apologize. I'm still learning...
I'm not sure what the issue is - can you expand a bit please?

Re the stat cycler button: I've deliberately tried to leave flexibility in modifiers/attributes where possible throughout the ruleset. 1) In case things change in the playtest. 2) If future third party publishers bring out content that's different from the base Paizo rules. And you know they will... So, in this example, it leaves options open for classes that may in the future use a different base stat than Dex for AC.

Gwydion
August 25th, 2018, 23:23
Sorry Trenloe. That makes a lot of sense. No issue.

shadelon
August 26th, 2018, 03:05
So I had 3 people on my server today, and had a few issues reported to me. First of all, Monster Hunter feat for Ranger is missing. Nimble feat is not auto-adjusting the movement speed. Also are there plans for the weapon and armour proficincies to auto-apply? That's from the visitors to my server. Thank you for all your hard work sir.

Gwydion
August 26th, 2018, 15:00
Hey, Trenloe. So, when people get on my table and click on one of the feats, they get the attached script error. They can still view the info, but its a weird error. I get the same error when connecting as localhost but not as the host. Doesn't seem like an extension error as I only have my font and MOTD basically. Any thoughts? Oh.. the error only seems to happen with feats. Thanks!

One more update. If the feat is already on my PC (ie. I've already dragged to my sheet), it doesn't throw an error. Only when trying to research and view feats before I drag them on...

Trenloe
August 26th, 2018, 15:25
So I had 3 people on my server today, and had a few issues reported to me. First of all, Monster Hunter feat for Ranger is missing. Nimble feat is not auto-adjusting the movement speed. Also are there plans for the weapon and armour proficincies to auto-apply? That's from the visitors to my server. Thank you for all your hard work sir.
Thanks for reporting. All of these have been discussed before, so rather than type out the answers again, I’m just going to provide links:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)&p=402404&viewfull=1#post402404
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)&p=401508&viewfull=1#post401508
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)&p=400981&viewfull=1#post400981

Trenloe
August 26th, 2018, 18:41
Hey, Trenloe. So, when people get on my table and click on one of the feats, they get the attached script error. They can still view the info, but its a weird error. I get the same error when connecting as localhost but not as the host. Doesn't seem like an extension error as I only have my font and MOTD basically. Any thoughts? Oh.. the error only seems to happen with feats. Thanks!

One more update. If the feat is already on my PC (ie. I've already dragged to my sheet), it doesn't throw an error. Only when trying to research and view feats before I drag them on...
Thanks for reporting, fixed in the next release. Bug ID #1.028.

dantedoom
August 29th, 2018, 08:18
Think I found a bug today in my gameplay...

Wanted to create a new Athletics skill, to not include armor penalty (for maneuvers) and noticed when I create a new Skill I couldn't select which ability the skill was supposed to use it.

This is not a bug, but think would be nice to have someplace in character sheet to track ressonance points in the future and some button to try a flat roll to overspend...

lostsanityreturned
August 29th, 2018, 11:02
Not a bug, more of a request.

Is there any chance we can get powers in addition to spell classes and weapons in the actions tab?

It makes tracking abilities much easier and more fluid in 5e and would do the same for 2e PF (and 1e for that matter). It is probably the most limiting factor of the PF 1e character sheet in my opinion.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2018, 12:12
Not a bug, more of a request.

Is there any chance we can get powers in addition to spell classes and weapons in the actions tab?

It makes tracking abilities much easier and more fluid in 5e and would do the same for 2e PF (and 1e for that matter). It is probably the most limiting factor of the PF 1e character sheet in my opinion.
Powers are there in release 2. Watch the video in post #2 in the release 2 thread.

And, you can pretty much do "powers" in PF1. Don't get hung up with thinking of a "spell" class, you can create another class, call it powers, abilities, whatever, and create some entries and attach cast, attack, damage, heal or effect actions as required.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2018, 12:16
Wanted to create a new Athletics skill, to not include armor penalty (for maneuvers) and noticed when I create a new Skill I couldn't select which ability the skill was supposed to use it.

This is not a bug, but think would be nice to have someplace in character sheet to track ressonance points in the future and some button to try a flat roll to overspend...
I'll look at the new skill issue.

Resonance is in the to be developed list. But, what you mention is my line of thinking for some of it. Probably on the Inventory tab, as that is more than likely where magic items will be invested, and maybe activated - but I’m not sure yet... Implementing resonance in full is going to be pretty complex, so probably in at least 2 phases.

vyruxx
August 29th, 2018, 19:08
I have detected a simple bug, the feat of barbatian SUDDEN CHARGE, does not have the actions that it uses like the other feats. SUDDEN CHARGE USE 2 ACTIONS.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2018, 19:18
I have detected a simple bug, the feat of barbatian SUDDEN CHARGE, does not have the actions that it uses like the other feats. SUDDEN CHARGE USE 2 ACTIONS.
Thanks for reporting.

infinitetech
September 8th, 2018, 19:31
so i am not sure if this would be the correct place to put this or not, however it seems that at this time i am able to create a PFRPG2 campaign and it launches as such, however all modules are not loading in correctly, this is my first time using this site in several years, it is nothing like i remember it, am i doing something wrong or are the modules currently not loading?

Trenloe
September 8th, 2018, 19:33
so i am not sure if this would be the correct place to put this or not, however it seems that at this time i am able to create a PFRPG2 campaign and it launches as such, however all modules are not loading in correctly, this is my first time using this site in several years, it is nothing like i remember it, am i doing something wrong or are the modules currently not loading?
Welcome to the forums.

The modules need to be activated via the Library -> Modules screen. More info on that here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

If this is not your issue, please provide more information. Thanks.

infinitetech
September 8th, 2018, 23:20
i had already attempted that step, however it seemed as if the files themselves were not appearing in the library, almost as if they were hidden or something? thank you for the quick reply tho

Trenloe
September 8th, 2018, 23:34
i had already attempted that step, however it seemed as if the files themselves were not appearing in the library, almost as if they were hidden or something? thank you for the quick reply tho
They work fine for me. So I can try to help identify the issue, please take a screenshot of the module activation window (click the "module" button in the bottom left of the library window) and post it here.

Moon Wizard
September 8th, 2018, 23:48
In order to access the play test modules, you will need to have a standard or ultimate license; they aren't included with the demo/free version. Just mentioning, in case that's the issue.

Regards,
JPG

UltimateGM
September 8th, 2018, 23:49
Not sure if its been reported but under the efficient alchemy feat it says "you can craft up to eight elixirs of life instead of four" based on the rulebook it should say "you can craft up to four elixirs of life instead of two".

dantedoom
September 9th, 2018, 05:50
Not sure if its been reported but under the efficient alchemy feat it says "you can craft up to eight elixirs of life instead of four" based on the rulebook it should say "you can craft up to four elixirs of life instead of two".

It was in the last errata

Gwydion
September 9th, 2018, 23:03
Hey, Trenloe. Trying to finish a module conversion and I ran into a really weird issue with spells/powers. The best I can tell, maybe the cost and range fields are getting jumbled? I drug acid splash to create a new spell so I could show it locked and unlocked. Each time I click on the spell to open I get a script error that you see in the console. The screenshot I posted is for a completely fresh campaign, no extensions. Any ideas? No clue how to fix this now as it happens with every spell I open.

Gwydion
September 9th, 2018, 23:11
as a follow up, new spells I create are fine, but all the spells from the library module give me the error noted above.

Trenloe
September 9th, 2018, 23:18
Hey, Trenloe. Trying to finish a module conversion and I ran into a really weird issue with spells/powers. The best I can tell, maybe the cost and range fields are getting jumbled? I drug acid splash to create a new spell so I could show it locked and unlocked. Each time I click on the spell to open I get a script error that you see in the console. The screenshot I posted is for a completely fresh campaign, no extensions. Any ideas? No clue how to fix this now as it happens with every spell I open.
Funnily enough I was just looking at this now.

There's a clash between the cost of a spell (spell components - string) and the Spell Point cost of a power. Let me work on it...

Bug ID# 1.035

Gwydion
September 9th, 2018, 23:19
Got it... Thanks, Trenloe!

Gwydion
September 10th, 2018, 16:17
Hey, Trenloe. I'm getting a similar issue on items when I try to create an item and input the cost. See attached.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2018, 16:34
Hey, Trenloe. I'm getting a similar issue on items when I try to create an item and input the cost. See attached.
Thanks for that. It only occurs when creating/editing items directly in the inventory screen, as this is the code that updates the PC items total value data. Fixed in release 2c - Bug ID# 1.036.

Gwydion
September 11th, 2018, 02:10
This may have been reported, but I noticed when you drag the expert quality longsword onto your inventory, it gives you +1 to attack and damage. I believe the +1 should only apply to attack.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2018, 14:06
This may have been reported, but I noticed when you drag the expert quality longsword onto your inventory, it gives you +1 to attack and damage. I believe the +1 should only apply to attack.
I can't recreate this, and there's no code that touches the damage based of an expert property. For creating expert, master and legendary weapons, put the quality label (expert, master or legendary) in the weapon properties field before dragging to the PC Inventory.

Gwydion
September 11th, 2018, 14:10
I can't recreate this, and there's no code that touches the damage based of an expert property. For creating expert, master and legendary weapons, put the quality label (expert, master or legendary) in the weapon properties field before dragging to the PC Inventory.

My fault. I missed the item property thing...

UltimateGM
September 13th, 2018, 15:55
Was the update to address the removal of signature skills? Just curious :p

Trenloe
September 13th, 2018, 15:59
Was the update to address the removal of signature skills? Just curious :p
Among other things, yes. List of updates here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45524-Release-Updates-on-9-11-2018

UltimateGM
September 13th, 2018, 16:06
Among other things... Looks like a lot of work thanks Trenloe!

Trenloe
September 13th, 2018, 16:11
Among other things... Looks like a lot of work thanks Trenloe!
Yeah, I haven't seen the sun for a while... ;)

Ampersandrew
September 16th, 2018, 18:59
I've been entering creatures to play Doomsday dawn, I've noticed a few things.

1) When I create actions and drag more than one of them onto a creature, the last character of the first action seems to be deleted. I'm pretty sure it's happening to feats that I drag into the other section of an NPC record too.

2) Some of the creatures have abilities and reactions that aren't exactly attacks, but you need to know about them when running a combat. I can't see a way to add them and have them show up in the combat tracker. For instance, the Giant Scorpion:

<R> Scorpion Sting
Trigger A creature moves from out of the scorpion’s reach into the scorpion’s reach.
Effect The scorpion makes a stinger Strike against the triggering creature. The scorpion’s multiple attack penalty is not applied to this attack.

<A> Constrict 5 bludgeoning

I have added both of these as Actions and dragged them into the other section of the NPC record. Is there something else I need to do?

Trenloe
September 16th, 2018, 19:08
I've been entering creatures to play Doomsday dawn, I've noticed a few things.

1) When I create actions and drag more than one of them onto a creature, the last character of the first action seems to be deleted. I'm pretty sure it's happening to feats that I drag into the other section of an NPC record too.

2) Some of the creatures have abilities and reactions that aren't exactly attacks, but you need to know about them when running a combat. I can't see a way to add them and have them show up in the combat tracker. For instance, the Giant Scorpion:

<R> Scorpion Sting
Trigger A creature moves from out of the scorpion’s reach into the scorpion’s reach.
Effect The scorpion makes a stinger Strike against the triggering creature. The scorpion’s multiple attack penalty is not applied to this attack.

<A> Constrict 5 bludgeoning

I have added both of these as Actions and dragged them into the other section of the NPC record. Is there something else I need to do?
NPC records currently have very little automation or drag/drop functionality. Basically only the attack entry, and adding "spells" into the Spells tab - mostly limited to manually adding cast. damage, heal and effects (which haven't been developed yet) actions.

1) "Action" records are nothing more than a placeholder for future functionality.

2) Actions, etc. won't show in the combat tracker. I don't know what form that will take at this point.

Basically, use the NPCs that come with the bestiary as examples. That's the most you can do with NPCs at present.

Ampersandrew
September 16th, 2018, 19:11
1) "Action" records are nothing more than a placeholder for future functionality.

2) Actions, etc. won't show in the combat tracker. I don't know what form that will take at this point.

Basically, use the NPCs that come with the bestiary as examples. That's the most you can do with NPCs at present.

Thanks, I expected as much, I'm aware that this is very early access to something still in progress. Dragging the actions in lets me see what they are. It's a bit odd that it enters their name and then deletes the last character.

Thanks again for the work you're doing, I've run three games of it now and it's very useful. It's the first three games I've run on Fantasy grounds, so I'm still finding my feet. It's getting easier as I go.

Trenloe
September 16th, 2018, 19:17
Thanks, I expected as much, I'm aware that this is very early access to something still in progress. Dragging the actions in lets me see what they are. It's a bit odd that it enters their name and then deletes the last character.
Where are you dragging the actions from and to? I can't recreate this. You can't drag/drop "action" records to the NPC spells tab, and the only place you can drag an action link to the NPC record is the "Misc. & Links" section on the Main tab and the general area on the Other tab.

Can you provide a screenshot showing the issue please?

Ampersandrew
September 16th, 2018, 19:31
Can you provide a screenshot showing the issue please?

Here's me dragging the first feat into the Misc, the label has all the text.
Here's the second one, dragged in, the last character has gone.

I did it with feats first, then I thought, maybe I should be using actions for this. It happens with both.

Trenloe
September 16th, 2018, 19:37
There's nothing different in the Pathfinder Playtest ruleset for anything like that - it uses standard FG drag/drop of links to a FG formatted text control. I've never seen this before and can't reproduce. Maybe it's some strange thing to do with the position you're dragging to.

shadelon
September 17th, 2018, 06:53
Happens to me sometimes on MoreCore. I just chalk it up to FG weirdness. lol

Gwydion
September 17th, 2018, 13:20
This happens to me on occasion in story entries when I'm converting a pdf into a module for the 5e ruleset. I think its more a function of how/where I'm dragging things in. Definitely not ruleset specific.

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 19:53
Hey, Trenloe. When I drag a power onto the abilities tab and try to toggle the ability to Wis for a cleric for example, the bonus (+4 for a Wis of 18) doesn't seem to increase the spell attack modifier or the DC. In the attached screenshot I plugged a "4" into the Misc section to get the numbers where they should be (+5 and 15, respectively) but when I cycle the ability between Wis, Int, Cha, etc., the numbers never change.

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 19:55
I just realized this is probably still under development and might just be a future feature.... sorry if I jumped the gun here!

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 20:24
One other question. For clerics, do you just use "Prepared spell caster (Wizard)" in the actions tab? I assume that is the case. Sorry if this has been asked. Just second guessing myself.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 21:46
I just realized this is probably still under development and might just be a future feature.... sorry if I jumped the gun here!
You're right to report it - this is an issue. This should work, I'll look into it. Thanks!

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 21:49
One other question. For clerics, do you just use "Prepared spell caster (Wizard)" in the actions tab? I assume that is the case. Sorry if this has been asked. Just second guessing myself.
I don't think it's been asked. Yeah - use prepared spell caster for Cleric, Druid and Wizard. Spontaneous for Bard and Sorcerer. This should be set automatically when adding those classes at level 1. It wouldn't be set if adding archetype feats to give you those spells.

Gwydion
October 2nd, 2018, 14:07
Issue with Powers in Actions tab? Trenloe, I thought this was an extension issue but I removed extensions and still have the issue. When I create a new power class, sometimes the category underneath the powers shows "level 1" and sometimes it shows "powers". When it shows powers, it does not have a "roll" icon and when it shows "level 1" it does. I was just creating a plain NPC with all the basic actions as items in the action tab. They don't do anything, but it at least can be click on to explain to new players what each action is and whether it is one action, reaction, free action, etc.. Just trying to help new players.

It is a workaround, but do you know why sometimes it would show power and sometimes level 1? I don't see anything I'm doing different. Thanks!

Gwydion
October 2nd, 2018, 21:27
Hey Trenloe. Just curious if you have had a chance to look at the potential issue from my post above. It might just be that I'm trying to do something that doesn't quite fit the actions tab. Thanks!

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2018, 21:43
Issue with Powers in Actions tab? Trenloe, I thought this was an extension issue but I removed extensions and still have the issue. When I create a new power class, sometimes the category underneath the powers shows "level 1" and sometimes it shows "powers". When it shows powers, it does not have a "roll" icon and when it shows "level 1" it does. I was just creating a plain NPC with all the basic actions as items in the action tab. They don't do anything, but it at least can be click on to explain to new players what each action is and whether it is one action, reaction, free action, etc.. Just trying to help new players.

It is a workaround, but do you know why sometimes it would show power and sometimes level 1? I don't see anything I'm doing different. Thanks!
I'm tracking down the Powers/Level 1 labeling issue - it's a timing problem with the new record getting created.

I can't recreate the issue with the cast button not showing. When you expand the "spell" with the magnifying glass is there a cast action there? If you add one (or another one via the right-click menu) do you see the icon then?

Gwydion
October 2nd, 2018, 21:54
I'm tracking down the Powers/Level 1 labeling issue - it's a timing problem with the new record getting created.

I can't recreate the issue with the cast button not showing. When you expand the "spell" with the magnifying glass is there a cast action there? If you add one (or another one via the right-click menu) do you see the icon then?

If I expand the spell with the magnifying glass there is not a cast action. Also, if I add one on via the right-click men there is not an icon. Now, I might have done something stupid that caused this, so please don't spend a lot of time tracking it down. Was just curious. I know you have plenty of other things to do! Thanks.

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2018, 21:56
If I expand the spell with the magnifying glass there is not a cast action. Also, if I add one on via the right-click men there is not an icon. Now, I might have done something stupid that caused this, so please don't spend a lot of time tracking it down. Was just curious. I know you have plenty of other things to do! Thanks.
Can you attach the PC XML for the PC that is showing the issue please? Use the blue arrow in the top right of the tracker window, or export it from the character management window.

Gwydion
October 2nd, 2018, 22:05
Sure. Here you go!

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2018, 22:10
Thanks.

Yeah, there aren't any cast actions on any of those spells - in either power class. I added a new action to "Aid"and "Arrest a Fall" and the cast action button appeared immediately.

Thing to note - they only appear if "Actions" is selected for "Display" at the bottom of the sheet.

Gwydion
October 2nd, 2018, 22:14
Thanks.

Yeah, there aren't any cast actions on any of those spells - in either power class. I added a new action to "Aid"and "Arrest a Fall" and the cast action button appeared immediately.

Thing to note - they only appear if "Actions" is selected for "Display" at the bottom of the sheet.

Yep. Noticed that. Thanks!

Gwaihir Scout
October 3rd, 2018, 02:20
In the middle of a game and don't have time to read.

Healing's broken. Error and nothing happens on the CT.
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1482: bad argument #2 to 'min' (number expected, got nil)

Saving throws cannot be double clicked on.
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:181: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

Rolling in the chat window works, but gives same error. Triggering saves with spells works with no error.

Mentalic
October 3rd, 2018, 05:06
Small error. Bastard swords are listed as slashing but I think they are piercing in the CRB.

shadelon
October 3rd, 2018, 05:07
Small error. Bastard swords are listed as slashing but I think they are piercing in the CRB.

Erratta'd. Read the updates on pathfinderplaytest.com

Mentalic
October 3rd, 2018, 05:08
Thats good. Piercing didnt seem quite right.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2018, 07:44
In the middle of a game and don't have time to read.

Healing's broken. Error and nothing happens on the CT.
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1482: bad argument #2 to 'min' (number expected, got nil)

Saving throws cannot be double clicked on.
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:181: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)

Rolling in the chat window works, but gives same error. Triggering saves with spells works with no error.
Thanks for reporting. Assigned Bug ID #1.045 in the bug tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbGSjXB_PrkHJpu5reRqx6KSvJnGkAHkhZhgSpgTjHk/edit?usp=sharing).

The damage one is weird - that variable is defined earlier on, but by the time the code is ran FG doesn't think it exists. Weird.

The save error is to do with the new trait matching effects. Which, of course, don't apply when doing a manual roll from the N/PC sheet. Doh - my mistake overlooking that.

I'll see if James is willing to do a bugfix release on this. We're trying to minimise ad-hoc releases outside of the usual Tuesday release cycle - and I already had an out-of-cycle update last week...

In the meantime, attached is a hotfix extension to fix both of these issues.

Fixed in live. Hotfix extensions removed.

Ampersandrew
October 3rd, 2018, 13:50
Thanks for reporting. Assigned Bug ID #1.045 in the bug tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbGSjXB_PrkHJpu5reRqx6KSvJnGkAHkhZhgSpgTjHk/edit?usp=sharing).

The damage one is weird - that variable is defined earlier on, but by the time the code is ran FG doesn't think it exists. Weird.

The save error is to do with the new trait matching effects. Which, of course, don't apply when doing a manual roll from the N/PC sheet. Doh - my mistake overlooking that.

I'll see if James is willing to do a bugfix release on this. We're trying to minimise ad-hoc releases outside of the usual Tuesday release cycle - and I already had an out-of-cycle update last week...

In the meantime, attached is a hotfix extension to fix both of these issues.

Cool, I just came in to tell you about the healing thing. :-)

lokiare
October 3rd, 2018, 16:46
We've pushed a hotfix for this to the LIVE channel. Let us know if this fixes everything.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2018, 16:48
We've pushed a hotfix for this to the LIVE channel. Let us know if this fixes everything.
Thanks very much! :)

Anyone who is using the hotfix extension - you can delete that now. The ruleset update changed the release version, and the extension was set for an earlier version, so it won't show up now - but still good to just remove it anyway.

Gwydion
October 3rd, 2018, 16:57

Thanks so much! Very timely with my session tonight.

Gwydion
October 4th, 2018, 17:51
Hey, Trenloe. After looking at my notes from last night, I think the only real "error" we may have noted is with the Human ancestry. When you add human as the ancestry, the tracker does not prompt you to take an ancestry feat. Other than that, I think everything that people raised was just confusion on there end but looking at the tracker, I think you had it all correct. Thanks!

Trenloe
October 4th, 2018, 18:05
Hey, Trenloe. After looking at my notes from last night, I think the only real "error" we may have noted is with the Human ancestry. When you add human as the ancestry, the tracker does not prompt you to take an ancestry feat. Other than that, I think everything that people raised was just confusion on there end but looking at the tracker, I think you had it all correct. Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, Human ancestries don't have the ancestry feat assigned to them. I've updated for the next release.

Mentalic
October 6th, 2018, 16:06
New info for 1.4.

According to the stream, patch 1.4 will come with major changes to Ancestries. Basically, after picking an ancestry, you then pick a heritage (subrace basically). So, kinda like halfelf and halforc but for everyone. Halfelf and halforc are confirmed human heritages. There will probably even be something akin to a "standard human" heritage, I am guessing.

This is in addition to picking a first level Ancestry feat.

Many base racial features will change (specifically for halflings and gnomes), some Ancestry feats will become Heritages and so on.

This may necessitate an additional step in the tracker (so Ancestry, then Heritage, etc).

Other changes include more ancestry feats for higher levels and improvements to various feats like Battle Medic, Natural Medicine, and the Fighter's Bravery.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2018, 21:14
New info for 1.4.

According to the stream, patch 1.4 will come with major changes to Ancestries. Basically, after picking an ancestry, you then pick a heritage (subrace basically). So, kinda like halfelf and halforc but for everyone. Halfelf and halforc are confirmed human heritages. There will probably even be something akin to a "standard human" heritage, I am guessing.

This is in addition to picking a first level Ancestry feat.

Many base racial features will change (specifically for halflings and gnomes), some Ancestry feats will become Heritages and so on.

This may necessitate an additional step in the tracker (so Ancestry, then Heritage, etc).

Other changes include more ancestry feats for higher levels and improvements to various feats like Battle Medic, Natural Medicine, and the Fighter's Bravery.
Thanks for the summary. Looks like I'll have an early Tuesday morning reviewing and seeing what I can incorporate into the Tuesday update. As well as part 5 for Doomsday Dawn...

Mentalic
October 8th, 2018, 01:40
Stacking issues!

Ok, so I ran a session and I made a condition called: "FLAT-FOOTED; AC: -2, circumstance;"

I then noticed an error. The player get a -4 DEF penalty instead of -2.

Apparently "FLAT-FOOTED" was coded in as a -2 penalty that STACKED with circumstance penalties. I renamed the condition "FF; AC: -2, circumstance;" and it worked fine.

I am worried about the Raise Shield action. I hope that it is figured in as a "circumstance bonus" and isn't untyped. like "Flat-Footed" appears to be.

Bidmaron
October 8th, 2018, 02:49
Made my first character tonight, Trenloe. One minor thing (not a bug): If you minimize the feat window and then you click one of the four feat filter buttons in the tracker, the window stays minimized rather than expanding out to normal size, which I think would be a more useful behavior.

Trenloe
October 8th, 2018, 06:17
Stacking issues!

Ok, so I ran a session and I made a condition called: "FLAT-FOOTED; AC: -2, circumstance;"

I then noticed an error. The player get a -4 DEF penalty instead of -2.

Apparently "FLAT-FOOTED" was coded in as a -2 penalty that STACKED with circumstance penalties. I renamed the condition "FF; AC: -2, circumstance;" and it worked fine.

I am worried about the Raise Shield action. I hope that it is figured in as a "circumstance bonus" and isn't untyped. like "Flat-Footed" appears to be.
Thanks for mentioning. Effects and conditions are ongoing and far from complete at this stage.

dantedoom
October 22nd, 2018, 21:35
Hey Trenloe. I was running part 5 of the playtest and think I found a bug.

A lot of the monsters have some kind of magic resistance, that comes in the form of: +1 save, conditional, magic

The problem is that when someone targets that Monster with some spell, the spell doesn't have the "magic" trait, so it doesn't come in play.

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2018, 21:43
Hey Trenloe. I was running part 5 of the playtest and think I found a bug.

A lot of the monsters have some kind of magic resistance, that comes in the form of: +1 save, conditional, magic

The problem is that when someone targets that Monster with some spell, the spell doesn't have the "magic" trait, so it doesn't come in play.
Yeah, there is no actual "magic" trait in the Playtest Rules documents that I’ve seen, in terms of applying to an action/effect that triggers a save - there's a "magical" trait for items and creatures, but that can't be used reliably in this case. What I’ve done in the FG ruleset release that comes out tomorrow is look for a trait with either one of the four magic traditions (acrcane, divine, occult or primal) or one of the magic schools, and if this is present in the action/effect that triggered the save, then a generic trait of "magic" will be assumed for the conditional save bonus. This should allow things like the save bonus you mention to work with spells, powers and magical actions/effects without any additional modifications to the base data.

Thes33
October 23rd, 2018, 19:41
Hey Trenloe. I noticed that every time I start up a FG session, the maximum and current spell points are zeroed out on each character sheet. It doesn't seem able to maintain these values between sessions.

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2018, 20:30
Hey Trenloe. I noticed that every time I start up a FG session, the maximum and current spell points are zeroed out on each character sheet. It doesn't seem able to maintain these values between sessions.
I don't see this and can't recreate it.

There was an issue with the spell points in an earlier release of the ruleset. What version of the PFRPG2 ruleset do you see in chat after you load a campaign? You should be on at least v3.3.6 (release 3d) - release 3e when today's update is pushed.

If you're on one of those releases, please post a screenshot of the offending section of your character sheet - expand the details of the power/spell class to show how the spell points are being calculated. Thanks.

shadelon
October 28th, 2018, 12:28
Got a bug with skills not calculating correctly. Seems to effect nearly all of the skills. For example, one char is untrained in thievery, lv 1, +1 dex. Should be -2. But it comes up -6.

Trenloe
October 28th, 2018, 12:56
Got a bug with skills not calculating correctly. Seems to effect nearly all of the skills. For example, one char is untrained in thievery, lv 1, +1 dex. Should be -2. But it comes up -6.
Thievery has an armor penalty applied to it. Refer to the "Armor" section of the inventory tab, there will be a "Skill Chk" penalty listed there that is applied to all skills that have the little armor breastplate icon to the left of the "Prof" field on the skills tab.

dantedoom
October 31st, 2018, 02:43
Hey Trenloe, tried to use the Enfeebled condition and saw that it doesn't decreases damages.

Trenloe
October 31st, 2018, 15:01
Hey Trenloe, tried to use the Enfeebled condition and saw that it doesn't decreases damages.
Oh, b*!!*#%$! I knew I'd miss something... :/

Thanks for reporting. Assigned Bud ID # 1.050. It'll be fixed in the next release... Please use an additional DMG clause until it's fixed.

dantedoom
October 31st, 2018, 15:03
Oh, b*!!*#%$! I knew I'd miss something... :/

Thanks for reporting. Assigned Bud ID # 1.050. It'll be fixed in the next release... Please use an additional DMG clause until it's fixed.

Lol, no worries, you are doing great work!

Only for you to know, enfeebled should affect spell damage rolls to, as Inspire Courage do too...

It's strange, but there it's... Lol

Trenloe
October 31st, 2018, 15:09
Lol, no worries, you are doing great work!
Thanks. :)

Only for you to know, enfeebled should affect spell damage rolls to, as Inspire Courage do too...

It's strange, but there it's... Lol
So, Enfeebled will effect melee, ranged and spell damage?

Yeah, a bit weird. But... that makes it easier for me to just do a blanket effect across all damage. :)

dantedoom
October 31st, 2018, 15:13
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42aj0?Enfeeble-and-Spell-Damage-Rolls#1

Hope this helps!

Elihu
November 4th, 2018, 07:03
When I use spells in NPC stats, I am not able to target multiple player characters and cast the spell or do saving throws, I am able to drag and drop each time on each individual PC though. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 11:16
When I use spells in NPC stats, I am not able to target multiple player characters and cast the spell or do saving throws, I am able to drag and drop each time on each individual PC though. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
I can't recreate - see below for an example of a cast action, trigger 2 save - one for each of the 2 targeted PCs.

Can you check that the NPC shows the multiple targets in the combat tracker.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25205

Thes33
November 6th, 2018, 17:47
I don't see this and can't recreate it.

There was an issue with the spell points in an earlier release of the ruleset. What version of the PFRPG2 ruleset do you see in chat after you load a campaign? You should be on at least v3.3.6 (release 3d) - release 3e when today's update is pushed.

If you're on one of those releases, please post a screenshot of the offending section of your character sheet - expand the details of the power/spell class to show how the spell points are being calculated. Thanks.

Sorry for delay, but this is still an issue with today's release. The max spell points are always zero when I start up FG. The current SP seems to stay between sessions, however.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2018, 17:58
Sorry for delay, but this is still an issue with today's release. The max spell points are always zero when I start up FG. The current SP seems to stay between sessions, however.

How long have you been using that PC - that is, what version of the ruleset was it created for? The powers entry has been changed since September 4th, and should look like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25238

Trenloe
November 6th, 2018, 17:59
@Thes33 - Can you try creating a new powers entry for that PC and see if the spell points details section appears?

Thes33
November 6th, 2018, 18:31
@Trenloe - It does not create that section. I knew something was wrong when you mentioned a spell-point calculation section.
It does not appear when I create a new Spell Class, it also does not appear for a new character.

I have been using this campaign set-up since the first version of the Playtest.

Thes33
November 6th, 2018, 18:34
@Trenloe - Sorry, I just realized that Powers is a special option. Power Class. It does appear there. Did not know this was split off. Thanks!!

Trenloe
November 6th, 2018, 19:01
@Trenloe - Sorry, I just realized that Powers is a special option. Power Class. It does appear there. Did not know this was split off. Thanks!!
That was going to be my next question. :-)

I left in the psionic (spell point) casting in there as I'm sure something like that will happen in the future. But powers are very common in PF2 so I specifically split those out with functionality specifically for them.

Thes33
November 6th, 2018, 22:34
I left in the psionic (spell point) casting in there as I'm sure something like that will happen in the future. But powers are very common in PF2 so I specifically split those out with functionality specifically for them.

Then I suppose the new spell-point tracking may be interfering with psionic point tracking. Something to perhaps put on a far-back burner.

Elihu
November 8th, 2018, 05:32
I can't recreate - see below for an example of a cast action, trigger 2 save - one for each of the 2 targeted PCs.

Can you check that the NPC shows the multiple targets in the combat tracker.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25205

Okay thanks Trenloe, it’s working, I probably had it set to prepare or something derp like that.

Trenloe
November 8th, 2018, 12:32
Okay thanks Trenloe, it’s working, I probably had it set to prepare or something derp like that.
The mode of the spell classes shouldn't make any difference. If it happens again, please try to get a screenshot similar to the one I did above and we can try and track down what's causing it. Thanks!

ShadeRaven
November 9th, 2018, 20:52
This is more a feature request than a bug:

Can we get the Action toggle field for Spells and Powers? That symbol you added is outstanding. For now, I can use Somatic Casting (+ others) to give it a symbol to let the player know it has an action cost, but was wondering if the Action toggle for things like Feats can't be brought over to Powers as well.

Speaking of which, there is a minor bug in the Casting Field. When I set an item to Somatic Casting, it gives the neat little symbol showing it as an action. When I set it to a (free) Somatic Casting, it hollows it out nicely, indicating it's free. However, if I remove the (free) designation after that, returning to Somatic Casting, it always remains as a free action instead of returning it to the 1 action Somatic Cast.

Thanks again!

Trenloe
November 9th, 2018, 20:58
Can we get the Action toggle field for Spells and Powers? That symbol you added is outstanding. For now, I can use Somatic Casting (+ others) to give it a symbol to let the player know it has an action cost, but was wondering if the Action toggle for things like Feats can't be brought over to Powers as well.
The [Added] Non-spell activity icon functionality. mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46432-Release-Updates-for-November-6th-2018 is probably what you're looking for.

In the "spell" casting field use: [[F]] for Free action, [[R]] for Reaction, [[A]] for Action, [[AA]] for a 2 action activity or [[AAA]] for a 3 action activity.

Speaking of which, there is a minor bug in the Casting Field. When I set an item to Somatic Casting, it gives the neat little symbol showing it as an action. When I set it to a (free) Somatic Casting, it hollows it out nicely, indicating it's free. However, if I remove the (free) designation after that, returning to Somatic Casting, it always remains as a free action instead of returning it to the 1 action Somatic Cast.
Thanks for reporting. Assigned bug ID #1.052.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2018, 21:08
The long term plan is to have a specific area for actions - similar to the spell class layout now, but specifically for actions. If you've looked closely at the available campaign data items at the top of the library window, you may have noticed that there's an "Actions" section there. It's not used at present, so don't go entering a bunch of actions as the format may change slightly in future, but that's kinda what I'm thinking of in terms of records. So skill actions, combat actions, feat actions, etc. could all be coded and handled the same way.

ShadeRaven
November 10th, 2018, 17:06
Awesome! Excellent stuff!

Question: I see in the Hazard NPC type, there's a hardness field, but how about for things like Animated Broom? Hand we put hardness 3 into HP abilities and have that work or is Hardness not an active function yet?

Bidmaron
November 10th, 2018, 19:36
In the latest revision, Retributive Strike (and the other two Paladin reactions) are buried within the Paladin Reaction class feature. I wouldn't classify this as a bug, but maybe to be more consistent with the way choices are done elsewhere, you can load all three reactions and then in the tracker tell the user to delete the reactions that don't apply to the Paladin alignment.

ShadeRaven
November 11th, 2018, 04:47
Not sure this is intentional or not, and whether or not it's even much of a bother since we have to format attack fields anyway when creating an NPC.

If you have an attack such as the Hunting Spider's web +6 touch, if you put it into their attack block as:
web +6 ranged touch (range increment 30 feet), Effect web trap
Not having the Damage field behind the comma leaves it as a melee attack (+6 melee touch), despite the ranged marker.

If I change it to:
web +6 ranged touch (range increment 30 feet), Damage Effect web trap
The attack will go off as expected, a +6 ranged touch attack.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 15:49
In the latest revision, Retributive Strike (and the other two Paladin reactions) are buried within the Paladin Reaction class feature. I wouldn't classify this as a bug, but maybe to be more consistent with the way choices are done elsewhere, you can load all three reactions and then in the tracker tell the user to delete the reactions that don't apply to the Paladin alignment.
Agreed. I'll get this changed.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 15:58
Not sure this is intentional or not, and whether or not it's even much of a bother since we have to format attack fields anyway when creating an NPC.

If you have an attack such as the Hunting Spider's web +6 touch, if you put it into their attack block as:
Not having the Damage field behind the comma leaves it as a melee attack (+6 melee touch), despite the ranged marker.

If I change it to:
Yep, that was completely intentional - based off the "reading creature statistics" details on page 22 of the Bestiary - which doesn't mention "Effect" for melee or ranged attacks, just "Damage". None of the over 80 NPCs and Hazards I've converted so far have this attack format so it didn't come up.

Thanks for reporting. Logged as bug ID# 1.053.

... and whether or not it's even much of a bother since we have to format attack fields anyway when creating an NPC.
The only manual formatting at the moment is adding a blank attack trait "()" if no traits are present, and moving the "ranged" field. It's something I will revisit in the future when attack formats and permutations are clearer to me. Having things like this "effect" attack string issue reported really helps that whole process. Thanks again!

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 17:24
Then I suppose the new spell-point tracking may be interfering with psionic point tracking. Something to perhaps put on a far-back burner.
Yeah, definitely something to put on the back burner as there are (currently) no pure spell point casters. I'll remove from the spell interface for now. Logged as bug ID #1.054.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 20:20

If I change it to:
In release 4b I've implemented initial checking for "Effect" instead of damage in the NPC attack string.

Attacks work correctly, as well as ", Damage" entries. If there is an ", Effect" entry then attacks will work OK and double-clicking on the Effect will give a message in the chat window for the user (usually the GM, unless the NPC has been shared with the player).

Here's the Hunting Spider now:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25272

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 23:13
Awesome! Excellent stuff!

Question: I see in the Hazard NPC type, there's a hardness field, but how about for things like Animated Broom? Hand we put hardness 3 into HP abilities and have that work or is Hardness not an active function yet?
Hardness does nothing at the moment.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2018, 23:16
... and whether or not it's even much of a bother since we have to format attack fields anyway when creating an NPC.
The only manual formatting at the moment is adding a blank attack trait "()" if no traits are present, and moving the "ranged" field. It's something I will revisit in the future when attack formats and permutations are clearer to me. Having things like this "effect" attack string issue reported really helps that whole process. Thanks again!
I've spent a few hours this evening deep in FG LUA Regular Expressions. I've got the attack strings working with the standard Bestiary format (e.g. Melee fist +1, 1d4 bludgeoning) and the old format as well - so all formats should work while we can transfer to the standard Playtest Bestiary format.

With release 4b the attacks can be copied/pasted directly from the PDF - the only required manual formatting is to put each separate attack on a single line.

Bidmaron
November 12th, 2018, 12:40
Wow, Trenloe nice work.

ShadeRaven
November 12th, 2018, 12:55
Amazing work, as always! :)

Out of curiosity, how is everyone dealing with Resonance? I ended up using Spell Class, with Psion, with a level 0 Over Max tracker and level 1 being the 1 SP per use tracker, that way it doesn't disappear when it runs out in case any tries to use resonance when they've used up all their daily allotment.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2018, 13:03
I ended up using Spell Class, with Psion, with a level 0 Over Max tracker and level 1 being the 1 SP per use tracker, that way it doesn't disappear when it runs out in case any tries to use resonance when they've used up all their daily allotment.
Release 4b tomorrow will remove the Psion option from spell classes, as there's an issue with spell point tracking and it's currently not a valid spell caster type in the Playtest rules.

Gwydion
November 12th, 2018, 13:40
Awesome, Trenloe. Really great stuff.

ShadeRaven
November 12th, 2018, 20:36
Trenloe: Ooops! On to plan B then.. lol..

Request: BTW, LOVE the Traits tab, but wondering if you can make it Traits and Conditions or add a Conditions tab? We still struggle to remember all the different tags that are out there now, such as Bolstered, how Concealed is dealt with, or what Enervated means.

Bidmaron
November 13th, 2018, 04:56
Trenloe, I couldn't find this reported, but the CR and XP fields in the Doomsday Dawn module seem to have non-sensical values. I am assuming CR doesn't apply (or should it be Trivial, high, etc?), but XP I think should apply so party awards take place properly?

ShadeRaven
November 13th, 2018, 05:29
Trenloe, I couldn't find this reported, but the CR and XP fields in the Doomsday Dawn module seem to have non-sensical values. I am assuming CR doesn't apply (or should it be Trivial, high, etc?), but XP I think should apply so party awards take place properly?I have no idea what Trenloe is planning, but I am relatively sure this probably isn't a high priority right now simply because both the CR field and the XP field are useless.

What probably needs to happen, somewhere down the road, is that there will be a Level Rating field to indicate what level the encounter is rated for, and the XP budget/Difficulty field for that level. That would allow the simple start.. a 1st level encounter given to a 1st level party with an 80 XP budget would be worth 80 XP to each character. The problem is when the characters aren't the same level as the Encounter Level or have more or fewer than 4 characters, etc. A 2nd level party, that take took on a High 1 (80 xp) encounter would get only 60 XP each (as a Low 2) and it really gets messy when you deal with different party sizes.

Honestly, I think the Encounter and XP budget, XP awarding, etc., all needs a rework by Paizo. It's very messy when dealing with non-standard, different level, and "not 4 character" parties. I wouldn't bother trying to put in automatic coding for that until I was sure it was going to be finalized this way if I were taking on this beast of a very volatile ruleset that continues to morph.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2018, 10:03
Trenloe, I couldn't find this reported, but the CR and XP fields in the Doomsday Dawn module seem to have non-sensical values. I am assuming CR doesn't apply (or should it be Trivial, high, etc?), but XP I think should apply so party awards take place properly?
This is specifically not coded yet - I see it as a low priority (currently). The main reason being that XP based leveling isn't used in Doomsday Dawn.

Down the line, FG will calculate XP based off the active entries in the Party Sheet (with a toggle for XP/No XP to add finer control of who gets XP and is involved in XP calculations).