PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Wiki

heliopolix
June 4th, 2006, 04:05
Currently, research into the inner workings of Fantasy Grounds are being perfomed on several different forums, including the Fantasy Grounds Comminity, the FUM forums, and several others.

While they are all great communities, not all members of all forums are aware of all of the others, and work is being duplicated needlessly and ideas do not flow as freely between them as might be hoped. Also, due to the nature of forums, old posts tend to drop into obscurity as new issues arise, yet they still contain useful information.

To counter these problems, and create a unified depository for the information gathered, I have created a Fantasy Grounds article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_Grounds) on the ubiquitous Wikipedia. It is my intention to transcribe all of the discoveries made here, and on the other forums too, into the article.

Giving proper credit to the people that made the discovery is of significant importance to me, and I will use the name of the poster(s) as such for each item. If you contributed to a particular work by a method of communication that is beyond the scope of the forums, and wish to be credited, please let me know, or edit the page yourself.

I am soliciting the assisstance of anyone willing to help in this endeavor. I do not profess to be a master of wikipedia, or of transcribing. In fact, I do not wish to be considered a leader or director of this project, such that it is. I will gladly accept help from anyone that has the time and inclination to do so.

By no means am I attempting to dissuade research and discussion on any of these forums. My only objective is to provide a central repository for the discoveries, tutorials, hints, tricks, work-arounds, fixes, and other such things that the community has made for Fantasy Grounds.

Please lend me your support and make this a success.
heliopolix

Oberoten
June 4th, 2006, 06:41
This is a VERY good idea. *grins sheepishly* I started my own thread for mapping the XML and got some good help by Doval and Wormwart... and then comes along a document mapping exactly what is needed to create your own charactersheet.

Owned. ;)

But yes, this post too will fall into obscurity if we do not put a external link to it, a Wikipedia does seem like the best choice on how to handle this.

DarkStar
June 4th, 2006, 11:08
I also think it is a very good idea. Wikipedia is usually the first place I look for things I want to learn about... anything. When I don't find it there, I start looking in other places, but usually it is there. ;P Thanks for putting up this article.

dLANbandit
July 7th, 2006, 15:08
It's been moved here-> https://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_Grounds

I've made some nasty edits just basic content pastes. We need to work together guys if we want this to happen. Searching pages and pages of forum posts is frustrating at best. A good community how-to would be great help.

tdwyer11b
July 11th, 2006, 01:30
Added the list of known rulesets in the ruleset modification/creation section. Included some screenshots.:D Nice for those of you who havent seen some of the other rulesets that have been made. Check it out at:

https://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Ruleset_Modification_%26_Creation

I need screenshots from these rulesets, if you want them added to the wiki:
Star Wars D6/D20
Iron Kingdoms
Hero Quest
Shadowrun
Hackmaster