PDA

View Full Version : Maps & Combat

sirkerry
August 8th, 2018, 21:30
How does the FG version of 13th Age handle combat and maps? From my experience in running f2f games of 13th Age it's pretty much a grid-less system.

Targas
August 18th, 2018, 19:04
Well, I can‘t tell for sure. It is possible to run battles in 13th Age w/o maps, although there are many adventure modules available showing maps.
How I do it, is to visualize the scene (see resource book product for more details) at the beginning of an encounter. You‘d definatly don‘t need to count feet distance, because the rules are much more flexible without it, and combat speeds up dramatically if you don‘t do it e.g. the Pathfinder style.
I‘m even considering moving from the Pathfinder rules to the 13th Age rules. It looks like Pathfinder2 copied some of the 13th Age rules as well..

sirkerry
August 20th, 2018, 17:15
okay, thanks, I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the 13th Age stuff or not

Targas
August 20th, 2018, 20:16
Well, I‘m running a 13th Age Online Game running Slack (and I couldn‘t do this with e.g. Pathfinder) atm... FG would probably do better, if you‘re running e.g. weekly sessions.
You can do what you want with FG. Nothing hinders you. Just 13th Age, as you know then from f2f games, wouldn‘t require to use battlemaps.