PDA

View Full Version : Some noob issues...

Gabbo
August 7th, 2018, 17:30
Greetings,

I bought FG and the CoC 7e ruleset on steam and ran into some problems:

1. After linking my Steam Account to FG and updating the System, I got an "CHAFGCOCCOC7ERS.dat" file in the vault bot no ".pak" file in the ruleset.
I tried a few things out in "campaign mode" and everything seems to be running smooth. So, do i even need a ".pak" file?

2. Thanks to the fantastic people from the LanguagePak Community, I should be able to run the CoC Campaign in german.
I downloaded the "LPak_German_CoC.ext" file, copied it in the extension folder aaand the extension is not showing up in the FG Campaign Menu.

I hope you guys can help =).

Thanks
Sebastian

Trenloe
August 7th, 2018, 19:36
Welcome to the forums.

1) The Call of Cthulhu 7e ruleset is not available as a .pak file, it is encrypted in the vault. If you can load up a campaign then it's working fine.

2) That CoC language pack is for the 6th edition ruleset, not the 7th edition.

Gabbo
August 7th, 2018, 21:44
Ah, that was fast.
Thanks man.

If I understand it correctly, I can't change anything inside the ".dat" file, because it's password protected.
So if I want to translate something, I have to build an extension file from scratch, right?!

damned
August 8th, 2018, 01:18
welcome Gabbo - use this extension as a base for your German translation.
Please do share once you have done it.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41361-Example-Language-Extension

Gabbo
August 8th, 2018, 12:54
I'm on it. The skills and the biggest part of the menu is already translated, but i'm reaching my limits here.
I have some rudimentary programming skills, but not nearly enough to complete the whole project.

damned
August 8th, 2018, 12:58
I'm on it. The skills and the biggest part of the menu is already translated, but i'm reaching my limits here.
I have some rudimentary programming skills, but not nearly enough to complete the whole project.

Tell us where you are stuck and we can try and help.

Gabbo
August 9th, 2018, 11:13
Thanks damned. Really appreciate the help.
Is there a way to add a permanent description to the translated skills?

damned
August 10th, 2018, 12:34
Thanks damned. Really appreciate the help.
Is there a way to add a permanent description to the translated skills?

Could you give me some more information?