PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Tue Wed Thurs GMT+0 UK Time Zone

purpleunicorn
August 7th, 2018, 12:52
(Combat/Problem Solving/Role-Playing: 20/50/30)

FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: UK Timezone GMT+0 (Oct-Mar) or GMT+1 (Mar-Oct British summer time)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Tues, Wed, or Thurs, weekly game; 8pm-12pm UK local
Term: Long term (months/years), either a campaign to get my teeth into, or a series of one shots.
Voice: Discord, but willing to download other software if required

Game System Preferred: 5E, Pathfinder 2e, OSR, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, basically anything...
Game System Experience: 1e, 5e, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Not an expert (cannot code) but have been playing on FG for a few months and am comfortable with the interface.

Character Type Preferred: No preference, but playing Monk and Paladin in other campaigns so would look to try something different

About me:

Started playing back in the 80s with AD&D 1e. This continued into college with more D&D and Call of Cthulhu. Stopped playing in college due to time constraints, but have come back to the hobby with a fresh more mature attitude to it, and it has been awesome!

Have played and GM-ed 5e with homegrown campaign, and joined FW a few months back to get more play time.

I like heavy story games, with metaplots, mysteries, puzzles, and strategic combat. I dislike mindless combat or combat just for the sake of it.

I like to roleplay, but enjoy the collaborative story telling and shared experience of working in a team to solve a mystery or achieve a seemingly insurmountable goal.

I believe that all games should have moments humour and goofiness, and the pointing out of the ridiculous.

I also believe that fitting in to a group is better than "playing optimally", so if the group power games, then I am happy to do that, but if the group prefers to get themselves into trouble and RP their way out, I will adapt to that too.

I have fun when everyone (along with the GM) are having fun.