PDA

View Full Version : Dice Rolls Missing from PC sheets

Beeaker
August 6th, 2018, 15:39
After the update, when I go to roll for damage, all of the dice rolls were removed from the sheets. (Instead of showing 1d4+3 in the calculation, it simply says 3 in the damage slot, for instance).

Andraax
August 6th, 2018, 15:49
What ruleset?

LordEntrails
August 6th, 2018, 15:49
Hey Beeaker, welcome to the forums.

We're going to at least need to know what ruleset you are using in order to start trouble shooting. It would also help if you told us if you are the GM or player, is this happening to all characters? Is it happening in all campaigns? Screenshots? Steps to reproduce?

Beeaker
August 6th, 2018, 16:30
Sorry, my mistake. I am the GM using the 5E ruleset. It is happening for all of my characters, but only on my one campaign.

Zacchaeus
August 6th, 2018, 16:42
Are you using any extensions? If so try without extensions to see if the problem goes away. If it does replace each extension one at a time until you find the culprit.

Beeaker
August 6th, 2018, 16:47
The problem still persists even after disabling all extensions.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2018, 16:50
Sorry, my mistake. I am the GM using the 5E ruleset. It is happening for all of my characters, but only on my one campaign.

Click the magnifying glass icon to the right of each damage entry and in the window that appears, re-drag the relevant dice to the from below the chat window to the damage dice field. Info on dice fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Dice_Fields

Beeaker
August 6th, 2018, 16:56
Thank you! I will do that.

RobboNJ69
September 2nd, 2018, 19:46
Hello, We just did the latest update as prompted before our session on Thursday August 30th. All damage and healing dice have been removed from spells, weapons, etc. In place of the 1d8, it shows 2.5 or something like that; a static number.

This was in a Pathfinder game. Disabled all extensions and it didn't make a difference.

Is there a way to protect against this in the future? It took us the better part of 40 minutes to put everything back in place. Ironically, during the last session a week ago, I managed to convince the players to put all their character records into the system, stepping away from their paper or Excel character sheets. Now, no one trusts the system.

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2018, 20:20
You are only the second person to have had this issue that I have seen reported so it is extremely rare and may have been caused by an extension (or combination of extensions) that was being used or some other unusual combination of circumstances. The best protection is to disable all extensions before you do any kind of update or before opening a campaign after an update.

LordEntrails
September 2nd, 2018, 20:26
Also, please note,
Please remember not to update right before a game starts.

I personally only update when there is at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled start of my game (when I'm GMing). I've never had a problem with an update causing an issue, but it's always best to make sure there is time to recover.

Andraax
September 2nd, 2018, 20:33
Also, rule zero: don't update right before a game session.

DrakePD
November 13th, 2018, 03:11

This is the same thing that took place on one of my tables. I do know that last session (2 weeks ago) I was had way too much stuff on the table and memory was affecting the players (causing run time errors). We ended that session, and I un-shared alot of things. Perhaps this was the root cause? Unsure. I am pretty sure my last update was almost a week ago, so can't say if that was a factor either.

Oh we just re dragged all the appropriate weapons, spells, potions and HD back onto the sheets. Seems to be holding so far.

SteveStewart332
September 7th, 2020, 15:23
Sorry for the thread necro, but I have just logged back into FGC using 5e rules and all of the damage dice for spells and weapons have disappeared. I could go and add everything manually, but as I'm running 3 campaigns, I'd rather not do that. Any thoughts? I have run the updates and made sure the libraries are loaded.

Thanks

PS - just spotted that the player Hit Dice are also missing.....

Moon Wizard
September 10th, 2020, 01:18
I've seen this happen when importing/exporting between FGC and FGU. The data formats are different. You can only go from FGC->FGU; not the other way around.

Regards,
JPG