PDA

View Full Version : Map jumping?

Battlewear
August 5th, 2018, 05:05
Hey all,

Ok, so I did a search and went through some of the posts but didn’t seem to find what’s happening.
I’ll start by saying that Friday night was first time using FG as a digital table top for table players (projection on to table).
We all loved it except for 1 challenge

So I loaded the battle into the encounter and imitative chart (great! But when I would move through the init chart, the map would jump around, even though we had everyone on the table and within the borders of the map.
I am wondering, is there a setting or such to lock that?

Also, because I don’t find the “click drag” of the map intuitive, I keep moving the whole map around, can it also be locked into place (like the char window) So that it won’t move?

Thanks

damned
August 5th, 2018, 05:09
Hi Battlewear what extensions do you have loaded?

Battlewear
August 5th, 2018, 05:20
A bunch, my table gifted me a whole crap load of stuff, or do you mean custom extensions?

SirGraystone
August 5th, 2018, 05:27
In the setting - Client, the "Turn: Auto-center map" try turning it off

Battlewear
August 5th, 2018, 05:29
In the setting - Client, the "Turn: Auto-center map" try turning it off

Sweet, I’ll test that out!!

damned
August 5th, 2018, 05:59
I believe that if you are running Advanced Kombat by Ken L that there may be additional map "jumping".

I strongly recommend that you dont run any extensions until you get a hang of the application and ruleset first. You will find it easier.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2018, 06:12
Except maybe keep this one extension enabled, or use it if you aren’t already: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33834-Map-resize-to-TV-resolution-for-Face-To-Face-games

damned
August 5th, 2018, 06:17
There are always exceptions!

Valyar
August 6th, 2018, 20:20
I like the skull cup!

Battlewear
August 6th, 2018, 20:25
Except maybe keep this one extension enabled, or use it if you aren’t already: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33834-Map-resize-to-TV-resolution-for-Face-To-Face-games

Thats a great app, except we are using a Projector set up.. So not sure how well that would work.. 24219

It projects down onto a 4' x 3' white board

Battlewear
August 6th, 2018, 20:28
I like the skull cup!

We changed up things a little.. So instead of inspiration dice we use a system of "Angel and Demon dice" .. The Angel dice are given by the DM, a player can have up to 2 Angel dice and can use them for ANYTHING, from damage to hit to saves to whatever they want.. The Demon dice are for times when they dont have any Angel dice.. They can use a Demon dice (or as many as they want but must be used RIGHT THEN!) but once used, they come to the DM and I get to use them for whatever I want..

Battlewear
August 6th, 2018, 20:30
I believe that if you are running Advanced Kombat by Ken L that there may be additional map "jumping".

I strongly recommend that you dont run any extensions until you get a hang of the application and ruleset first. You will find it easier.

I double checked, the only extensions I had been running was Big Fonts and Window saver..
I think turning off the client map center option I think it will work, I ran some tests and it seemed ok.

Valyar
August 6th, 2018, 21:10
We changed up things a little.. So instead of inspiration dice we use a system of "Angel and Demon dice" .. The Angel dice are given by the DM, a player can have up to 2 Angel dice and can use them for ANYTHING, from damage to hit to saves to whatever they want.. The Demon dice are for times when they dont have any Angel dice.. They can use a Demon dice (or as many as they want) but once used, they come to the DM and I get to use them for whatever I want..

I like this mechanics! Reminds me the Momentum/Doom in Conan 2d20. Spices things A LOT. :)

Trenloe
August 6th, 2018, 22:21
Thats a great app, except we are using a Projector set up.. So not sure how well that would work.. 24219

It projects down onto a 4' x 3' white board
It'll work exactly the same - simple measure the diagonal distance of the size of your projection on the white board and use that as the TV size.

Ken L
August 7th, 2018, 03:06
For In person games, I've only run a handful digitally, and those times it's was purely for the map and as such I used d20pro with all their windows minimized (better panning etc..).

AK doesn't do any hopping outside of clicking a token on the CT to snap to it, the turn snapping is due to the already mentioned auto-center.