PDA

View Full Version : Am I Missing Something? (5E PHB)

rhenry69
August 4th, 2018, 22:55
So I purchased the official 5E PHB and loaded it, because I can see all the race and class options. However, there's a lot of functionality that isn't there that I would assume would be there.

For example, making a fighter, it doesn't give me the choice to choose a fighting style. Making a monk doesn't have a place for ki points. It looks like there's a lot of coding I'll need to do to get this functional. And it still won't be accurate enough to really run a game.

Is this right? Am I missing something?

LordEntrails
August 4th, 2018, 23:13
Yes you are, or at least not looking for it in the right places :)

I assume you have watched one of the videos or follows one of the guides on character creation? Those will help a great deal.

For instance, when I drag Fighter to the character sheet for the third time (i.e. to become third level) I get prompted to choose my Specialization. If instead you are not draggin the class, but editing the digit, then you want be getting proper behavior.

Check out the 5E resources threads, their are sample characters of every class there and you can see how the various abilities/traits/etc have been created as actions. Some will be created automatically, others you will have to create yourself.

Zacchaeus
August 5th, 2018, 00:11
There is no pop up for fighting style. Drag the monk ability into the actions tab to create a group. You can then set up Ki points in that group using preparation mode. It is worth reading the Wiki article on character creation which will give yo some idea of what us and isn’t automated.

damned
August 5th, 2018, 01:55
Check out Zacchaeus excellent The Complete Fighter etc series of posts that have a fully specced out character with effects etc you can compare with and drag stuff from. FG is not a full character builder and probably will not ever be.