PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey Question

Llarish
June 3rd, 2006, 07:03
Hey there. My wife downloaded this program today. I have to say that I am in love with it (and so is she). We have been using OpenRPG with complaints, but this looks a lot better in use (though we hope to see some improvements in ease on a few things). I was wondering if I can program my hotkey to roll 5d4+5 so that I can have my magic missile spell as a single simple button push away.
thanks much.
Llarish

joeru
June 3rd, 2006, 08:11
Hey there. My wife downloaded this program today. I have to say that I am in love with it (and so is she). We have been using OpenRPG with complaints, but this looks a lot better in use (though we hope to see some improvements in ease on a few things). I was wondering if I can program my hotkey to roll 5d4+5 so that I can have my magic missile spell as a single simple button push away.
thanks much.
Llarish

Try /die (dice rolled plus modifiers) (explanation)
Example: /die 5d4+5 Magic Missile
Then, before pushing enter, drag the text into a hotkey slot.

DarkStar
June 3rd, 2006, 10:10
I like to actually roll the dice, though. So you could only place the modifier in the quickslot and roll 5d4 manually. Rolling 3D dice is one of the best FG features.

mr_h
June 3rd, 2006, 14:58
It would be nice if it could automatically roll the dice...maybe something someone can script when 1.06 (with scripting) comes out.
Of course...it'd just be a visual effect, as they do the same things:)

Llarish
June 3rd, 2006, 16:51
Thank you so much. That helps a lot, I can't believe I didn't try that one out actually.
As for actually rolling the dice, it is nice, but seems like it is a slow down compared to using the hotkeys on some regularly used abilities such as cures and common spells. Different strokes for different folks. I'm very used to hotkeys doing what I need from NWN and WoW play.
Llarish

Try /die (dice rolled plus modifiers) (explanation)
Example: /die 5d4+5 Magic Missile
Then, before pushing enter, drag the text into a hotkey slot.

Griogre
June 3rd, 2006, 21:40
It is slow rolling the dice. As a player I like rolling the dice as a DM I use all the macros I can.

Llarish
June 3rd, 2006, 22:31
Can you write in a command for AutoSum or do you always have to right click on the dice results and go to the Equals command?
Llarish

Griogre
June 3rd, 2006, 22:48
You can not write a macro for auto sum. There is an easier way to see the value of the dice sum than right clicking and using Equals. The dice values in the chat box are ment to be dragged and dropped, so all you have to do is start to drag the result out of the chat box and the result is summed and converted to a number. If you don't want to do anything with the number or show the players you can just drop it on the desktop. The other thing you can do is just drop the value in the chat box and it will convert it to a number in the chat box. You can also click the middle mouse button on the dice to have it summed and shown in the chat window.

Once you get use to it, "dragging off" the number to make it sum is very fast.

On another subject, if you are DMing there is another dice macro -
/die ?xdy+z : comment which cause the roll to be masked like the standard DM rolls.