PDA

View Full Version : SFS Starfinder Skitter Shot PREGEN Sun August 5 @ 2 PM GMT

stephan_
August 3rd, 2018, 00:31
All Hands on Deck!

Don't worry, the skittermanders are here to help!

When a routine salvage operation deep in the Vast goes awry, the skittermanders Dakoyo, Gazigaz, Nako, and Quonx must [save the day].

Skitter Shot is an adventure for four skittermander characters who are eager to help those in need and explore a seemingly abandoned starship, written for the wildly popular Starfinder Roleplaying Game.

"To receive Starfinder Society credit for playing through Skitter Shot, players must use the pregenerated skittermanders found on pages 12–15 of the adventure [or here (https://paizo.com/include/PZO9500-13-Pregens.zip)]. For a group of more than 4 players, distribute duplicates of these pregenerated characters for play. If a player has a boon allowing her to create a skittermander PC, she may also choose to play that character so long as the PC is 1st- or 2nd-level."

"All players who play the entire module receive the attached Chronicle sheet, which may be applied to any 1st-or 2nd-level PC as if that character had played the module."

"The adventure emphasizes teamwork and roleplaying as the scrappy underlings rise to the occasion and become true heroes!"

I'm pretty sure most players don't have a skittermander boon yet, so that probably means pregens for everyone. I'm not sure yet whether the adventure also works with more than 4 players but we'll see how much demand there is.

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3156), stating which skittermander you'd like to play. If necessary, a 3 PM GMT starting time would also be possible.

If you apply, make sure you still send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

kananesgi
August 3rd, 2018, 02:53
I'd like to join, but I'm not certain if I'll be available at that time slot. I think I will be available, but I might have to bail out before the end. Would you rather I not apply?

Ah, Teamspeak might be a problem, too. Discord works better for me. I try to let TS working.

Malkavian_Andi
August 3rd, 2018, 04:04
I'm on. I'm pretty open as to which pregen to play. I'd rather not play any big talkers or decision-makers (which would be the envoy I suppose), because I already know the scenario. That leaves me with either mechanic, mystic, or soldier.

stephan_
August 3rd, 2018, 11:53
I'd like to join, but I'm not certain if I'll be available at that time slot. I think I will be available, but I might have to bail out before the end. Would you rather I not apply?

Ah, Teamspeak might be a problem, too. Discord works better for me. I try to let TS working.

Well, I would probably give players preference that would be able to confirm attendance but as long as there are not too many players, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not entirely sure if the AP rules on partial SFS credit are applicable in this case but I think as long as you participate most of the game, you should be fine on that end, too.

For the GM the advantage of TS is that it's much easier to get a second instance running for GM sounds.

Instructions can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server).

@everyone: If you haven't already done so please confirm by today or early tomorrow (GMT) so I'll know whether to accept or recruit more players.

Talen
August 3rd, 2018, 12:00
I'm confirmed, ill send my chronicle later tonight. I have no preference on a pregen so I will play whatever is left

kananesgi
August 3rd, 2018, 12:07
For the GM the advantage of TS is that it's much easier to get a second instance running for GM sounds.

Instructions can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server).

Not a problem. I think I'll just play it safe and skip it. The issue for me with TS is that I'm running Linux, and while TS is supposed to work, I've had nothing but trouble with it crashing or freezing the computer.

Shoot me a pm if for some reason you are short a player come gametime and I might be able to fill in.

stephan_
August 3rd, 2018, 12:10
Ah, compatibility issues.

No problem, I'll let you know.

Edit: Currently three confirmed, one maybe and one reserve.

kananesgi
August 3rd, 2018, 18:04
Ok, I'm going confirm myself. I should be good to go for the whole session time. Rest of the family is going out for something that I'm not attending.

stephan_
August 3rd, 2018, 19:11
Alright, four confirmed, one maybe. As long as half of the people don't bail, we should have a legal table.

Talen
August 3rd, 2018, 19:15
If you could add the time in the calendar, it would help the time zone conversion challenged (like me).

stephan_
August 3rd, 2018, 20:22
Alright, I added it (hopefully correctly).

If you are not logged in, please be aware that the standard time zone displayed is BST (which does not mean GMT but GMT+1 instead).

Malkavian_Andi
August 3rd, 2018, 23:29
btw, do you have the skittermander pregens in FG format? If not, I could put them together for you tomorrow if you like.

stephan_
August 4th, 2018, 07:25
I would be doing it with some other prep work this evening. I have Alien Archive on FG which should make putting them together easier. I certainly won't complain if I don't have to do it though. :)

Currently still four players confirmed.

Malkavian_Andi
August 4th, 2018, 19:57
Just to let you know, I'm currently working on the pregens, should be done soon. So you don't need to spend time on it. I will upload them here as soon as I'm finished.

Edit: Here they are.

stephan_
August 4th, 2018, 20:02
I would now prep for tomorrow (including pregens).

If anyone else would like to join, it would be fine by me but I won't actively recruit as long as we have four confirmed players (and running the same character twice does not seem particularly interesting).

If you can't make it please let me know as soon as possible so we can still have a legal table.

If you want to get your chronicles quickly, be sure to send me your SFS information (e.g. previous chronicle).

Technical details (inluding FG server alias) can be found in GM annoncements (lower right corner) in the game calendar.

If I mix up any rules I blame PF2.

stephan_
August 4th, 2018, 20:03
Just to let you know, I'm currently working on the pregens, should be done soon. So you don't need to spend time on it. I will upload them here as soon as I'm finished.

Thanks, I was just about to start.

Malkavian_Andi
August 4th, 2018, 20:53
XML files are in my last post above. And here are the portraits:

Malkavian_Andi
August 4th, 2018, 21:24
Also, this is the last chronicle of the character I'll apply the credit to:

stephan_
August 4th, 2018, 22:11
Alright, thanks. That's a nice service. :)

stephan_
August 4th, 2018, 23:29
Some adjustments:

Quonx:
Manually adjusted grenade attack roll to +1 (as grenades are thrown weapons and add strength, not dexterity to the attack roll - as opposed to the reflex saving throw DC) FG still seems to apply it incorrectly).
Added 2 more frag grenades (as well as toolkits)

Nako:
Grenade adjusted to +6 (see above).
Interestingly I can only calculate a DC 12 reflex saving throw DC but I guess we'll stick with the pregen's value.
Athletics +8 (it didn't apply the +3 from class skill for some reason).

Talen
August 5th, 2018, 01:08
I've decided to create a new 1st level character so this will be the first chronicle for Akion 37840-705 Faction Acquisitives. I haven't purchased anything yet so starting credits are 1000.

Malkavian_Andi
August 5th, 2018, 06:19
Some adjustments:

Quonx:
Manually adjusted grenade attack roll to +1 (as grenades are thrown weapons and add strength, not dexterity to the attack roll - as opposed to the reflex saving throw DC) FG still seems to apply it incorrectly).
Added 2 more frag grenades (as well as toolkits)

Nako:
Grenade adjusted to +6 (see above).
Interestingly I can only calculate a DC 12 reflex saving throw DC but I guess we'll stick with the pregen's value.
Athletics +8 (it didn't apply the +3 from class skill for some reason).

Ah, I didn't catch the grenade attack bonuses. Well, it's DC 5 in most cases anyway ^^
I don't really know how they got the +8 Athletics with her armor on (without, you get to +8), so I had left it at the lower value.

stephan_
August 5th, 2018, 07:00
I've decided to create a new 1st level character so this will be the first chronicle for Akion 37840-705 Faction Acquisitives. I haven't purchased anything yet so starting credits are 1000.

Alright, thanks.

Ah, I didn't catch the grenade attack bonuses. Well, it's DC 5 in most cases anyway ^^
I don't really know how they got the +8 Athletics with her armor on (without, you get to +8), so I had left it at the lower value.

True. Well, it wouldn't be the first time there are some errors in pregens.

stephan_
August 5th, 2018, 11:10
Just to double-check timezones:

Game will start in a little bit less than 4 hours, server (info see GM announcements in game calender) will probably be online in 2 1/2 hours.

stephan_
August 5th, 2018, 19:57
I hope everyone had a fun game.

Attached is the chronicle draft for kananesgi. Please tell me what faction you would want. Everyone else should already have received theirs.

@everyone: Please check for chronicle drafts for errors and let me know if you want to make any purchases.

stephan_
August 5th, 2018, 20:09
Next game would either be 08/12 (Sunday) 2 PM GMT or 08/14 (Tuesday) 3 PM GMT.

Options would be

The Commencement

Into the Unknown

Live Exploration Extreme!

Please let me know if anyone has any preferences.

Talen
August 5th, 2018, 21:45
Hi Stephan-unless I’m misssing something, I don’t think I received the chronicle.

stephan_
August 5th, 2018, 22:16
You should have received it on Discord but I can also attach it here.

Talen
August 5th, 2018, 22:18
Ah ...discord. thanks!

Talen
August 6th, 2018, 04:22
I would not be able to play on a Tuesday, but Sunday at 2 GMT looks open. I've run each of those scenarios as a GM, but could play either of them.

As an aside - you ran a great Skitter shot game. I really liked the way each pc was able to showcase their abilities at different times in the game - a really well designed scenario.

Talen
August 6th, 2018, 05:48
Here is my Inventory Tracking Sheet for purchases. Do we get to roll day job checks for the pregen?

stephan_
August 6th, 2018, 15:49
I would not be able to play on a Tuesday, but Sunday at 2 GMT looks open. I've run each of those scenarios as a GM, but could play either of them.

As an aside - you ran a great Skitter shot game. I really liked the way each pc was able to showcase their abilities at different times in the game - a really well designed scenario.

Alright, noted.

Yeah, everyone gets a chance to be in the spotlight. I was a bit sceptical about it at first but I think it did work well yesterday.

Here is my Inventory Tracking Sheet for purchases. Do we get to roll day job checks for the pregen?

In theory, yes. "Downtime: Pregenerated characters can participate in Downtime activities as long as they have the appropriate skills to do so."

I haven't actually seen a pregen that has the necessary skills though...

Should the Inventory Sheet be empty?

Malkavian_Andi
August 6th, 2018, 16:07
I'd be available both on Sunday and Tuesday, although Sunday would be less stressfull because I don't have to come home from work first.

I'm already familiar with all of the scenarios you posted, but would play anyway. Here's my order of preference:
1 - Into the Unknown (I currently have a character that can play it)
2 - The Commencement (I would have to use a pregen as all my characters already have a chronicle for that)
3 - Live Exploration Extreme! (I would have to use a GM-Nova replay. But since this is a fun scenario I would probably do that.)

stephan_
August 6th, 2018, 16:52
Alright, currently it looks like

Into the Unknown 08/12 (Sunday) 2 PM GMT (though it would be nice to have some players that don't know the plot :))

The Commencement 08/21 (Tuesday) 3 PM GMT or 4 PM GMT

kananesgi
August 6th, 2018, 23:32
I hope everyone had a fun game.

Attached is the chronicle draft for kananesgi. Please tell me what faction you would want. Everyone else should already have received theirs.

@everyone: Please check for chronicle drafts for errors and let me know if you want to make any purchases.

That looks fine. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Busy.

Name the character Anaheim Yates, faction Datafiles.

stephan_
August 7th, 2018, 07:01
Alright, no problem.

I have three "soft" confirmations for the next two dates, so I'll probably make threads about them later today.

After the two repeatable ones I'd be open to also run later scenarios.

stephan_
August 9th, 2018, 12:19
Edit: Wrong thread.

But if you haven't seen it yet: SFS Into the Unknown Sun August 12 @ 2 PM GMT (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45041)