PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest Feedback

ddavison
August 2nd, 2018, 03:12
Please report any bugs/issues with the ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)

This thread will update over time as more information is available.

Share this page on social media to help spread the word:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/Pathfinder2/

Will Fantasy Grounds support the Pathfinder 2 Playtest?

Yes, we have an Early Access version of the ruleset available now. Update and look for a Campaign type of PFRPG2. The playtest ruleset has partial functionality and the data modules are partially complete. More features will be added each week.

Who is building the ruleset?

We have contracted Martin Blake to build the ruleset. You probably know him from the forums as Trenloe, where he is very active and helpful. He has also built the Pathfinder Bestiary 1 and 2 for the PFRPG ruleset. He will also be building the official/final Pathfinder 2 ruleset that will release in 2019.

How much will it cost for the playtest rulest and modules?

We've decided to release this for free to all license users or subscribers and advance Trenloe for the work. We hope you'll consider buying the official version once it releases in 2019.

Where should I post feedback?

Please post it right here. We will update this thread over time as new versions release.

Where can I get the PDFs?
https://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest

How do I use it?
Check our Pathfinder 2 Playlist on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvUxB0174E&list=PL3h0dIaiayC-F_ZjQyrlNYSwB4Ck1cSNg)

DISCLAIMER about the Early Access status of this ruleset
This product is an Early Access release. It may feature bugs, incomplete data and prototype graphics. This is not a finished product. Using this for an ongoing campaign may result in lost characters or data and evolving functionality as new updates are released. We will try our best to minimize the impact of this to end-users, but please avoid using this ruleset if this will cause distress. We have a number of stable ruelsets available for other game systems we support. Data in the playtest materials included (Core Rules and Bestiary modules) will be deprecated once the official System Reference Data (SRD) is released along with the official Pathfinder 2 Core Rules and Bestiary. Please report any and all feedback to us at the forum listed here.

Talen
August 2nd, 2018, 03:47
Wool!

krizz
August 2nd, 2018, 04:22
really excited for this, thanks for all the hard work!

Gwaihir Scout
August 2nd, 2018, 05:14
Looks great so far. Nice work, and I'll most likely pick up the final product.

Callum
August 2nd, 2018, 11:50
Wool!

Baa!

Talen
August 2nd, 2018, 12:23
Baa!

Lol. I did notice that after the fact. Was dead tired but excited about the announcement.....and that was the result! Looking forward to the new release and trenloe does great work.

RAdeMorris
August 2nd, 2018, 16:02
Excellent.

Redemption77
August 2nd, 2018, 18:59
Do you want solely ruleset playtest info in here or do we post all playtest information including issues with the game itself and not FG related

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2018, 19:20
Let's keep this thread focused on FG-specific information regarding the playtest; and start different threads for general playtest discussion.

Regards,
JPG

Milke
August 2nd, 2018, 22:31
This is very exciting to me. Please take my money.

Segin
August 2nd, 2018, 23:48
That is awesome that you are providing this for free. When I started getting back into gaming and found out PF2 was a thing, that has been my goal. The past 3-4 months have been hard waiting on the playtest. Then I find out that FG, which I recently purchased, is in full support mode and supplying the playtest for free!?! It has been a nice day indeed.

Thank you!

jfleischer
August 3rd, 2018, 04:23
Are you planning on doing the playtest module as well? That would be pretty awesome all around, either as a purchased product or free.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2018, 05:09
Are you planning on doing the playtest module as well? That would be pretty awesome all around, either as a purchased product or free.
Yes. Details in the link provided in post #1.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/Pathfinder2/

pastiche
August 3rd, 2018, 14:16

How about the playtest Pathfinder Society scenarios? Or, more generally, are there plans to also start releasing PFS scenarios after 2E officially launches? APs are fine, but I'm also looking for shorter things as well :-)

ddavison
August 3rd, 2018, 15:35
How about the playtest Pathfinder Society scenarios? Or, more generally, are there plans to also start releasing PFS scenarios after 2E officially launches? APs are fine, but I'm also looking for shorter things as well :-)

We are always looking for more devs. If you are interested in building any or if you know anyone interested in building them, please send them our way to [email protected]. Pricing for those might be a little challenging since there is not a print price and only a PDF price. Our license relies upon there being a difference in price there so we can grant the PDF for free upon purchase here.

Jonin
August 3rd, 2018, 16:53
Interested to see what all they've changed. I'm grabbing the materials from Paizo to take a look on my lunch hour.

Bidmaron
August 3rd, 2018, 18:18
Guys, MW requested we keep this thread on playest feedback and we use another thread for anything else.

Moon Wizard
August 3rd, 2018, 19:22
It's fine to post questions on the release here. I was thinking a separate thread for discussions about the playtest rules in general (i.e. not specific to FG). I'm sure sure Trenloe will post another thread when he is ready for early releases of the ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

UltimateGM
August 3rd, 2018, 20:12
So I am confused the playtest ruleset is not ready for Fantasy Grounds or is there somewhere we can download them? The reason I ask is that there was a comment above that said it looks nice so I am not sure if this is towards the PF2e rules or the look of the Fantasy Grounds ruleset.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2018, 20:29
So I am confused the playtest ruleset is not ready for Fantasy Grounds or is there somewhere we can download them?
It isn't available yet. It will be pushed via the FG update system when it is.

The reason I ask is that there was a comment above that said it looks nice so I am not sure if this is towards the PF2e rules or the look of the Fantasy Grounds ruleset.
That comment was regarding the screentshots in the PDF attached in post #1.

Ctmega
August 3rd, 2018, 21:30
It isn't available yet. It will be pushed via the FG update system when it is.

That comment was regarding the screentshots in the PDF attached in post #1.

Just to be clear, will it be released to all FG users (Even demo?) as part of an update or will it be a $0 item in the FG store?

Thanks for all of your hard work on this! It is really appreciated!

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2018, 21:53
Just to be clear, will it be released to all FG users (Even demo?) as part of an update or will it be a $0 item in the FG store?
From the main information page linked in post #1:

"SmiteWorks will be providing the Pathfinder Playtest Rulebook and Playtest Bestiary free of charge to all licensed customers and subscribers. "

So, no, demo users won't get access to it. My understanding is that it will be pushed via the FG update system when available (similar to the CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, PFRPG, 5E, etc. rulesets now). But that may be subject to change. It probably won't be a $0 item in the store, as the FG store doesn't handle $0 products well (actually, it's PayPal that doesn't handle it at all).

Ctmega
August 3rd, 2018, 22:04
Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate the prompt response.

zen2000
August 5th, 2018, 02:49
Trenloe, thanks so much for all your effort working on this. The amount of detailed work here learning Pathfinder 2 gives me a headache. Just learning the rules is going to be a challenge for me much less trying to code a module that uses that info to make characters and help run combat.

I know Unity is a moving target. Will this finished module be compatible with Unity when it is released? Asking because I’m imagining there will be some architectural changes between the systems.

damned
August 5th, 2018, 04:42
I know Unity is a moving target. Will this finished module be compatible with Unity when it is released? Asking because I’m imagining there will be some architectural changes between the systems.

Architecture changes - yes.
Interface changes - most of these are being rolled out to the current engine as they are implemented in FGU.

Most products will probably need some work but one of the design goals is to maintain compatibility with the current rulesets and modules.

zen2000
August 5th, 2018, 05:01
Thanks for the quick reply. Didn’t realize they were updating the current client to improve compatibility with FGU.

damned
August 5th, 2018, 05:08
Thanks for the quick reply. Didn’t realize they were updating the current client to improve compatibility with FGU.

Not everything of course. If they could do everything they wouldnt do/need Unity.
All the changes we see in FGClassic will be in FGUnity.
Plus FGUs features (mapping, lighting, line of sight, networking, memory management, graphics handling etc) will be there as well - maybe not all at once at launch but there are many features to come with FGU over time.

At the end of the day, release 1 of FGU might not look that different to FGC but will have many under the hood improvements.

zen2000
August 5th, 2018, 05:20
Right, I get that. Plus once FGU launches and FGC is phased out they can shift dev efforts to one app instead of two. FGU has much more room to grow.

damned
August 5th, 2018, 06:00
Right, I get that. Plus once FGU launches and FGC is phased out they can shift dev efforts to one app instead of two. FGU has much more room to grow.

For sure.
I dont think their FGC plans are concrete yet.
There is an indication that FGC might be supported for a couple of years after FGU is released but the bulk of efforts will be directed at FGU.

They have spent over 10,000 hours on FGU already.

Thane
August 7th, 2018, 21:38
Greetings! Stoked that this is coming.

Quick question. Will it be available for play for my game this weekend? Asking as Roll20 will have a character sheet at some point today that I can make do with for this weekends session if I absolutely have to. Much rather not have to prep that if FG's first iteration will drop by Friday.

Thanks for the hard work ahead of time!

Trenloe
August 7th, 2018, 21:40
Quick question. Will it be available for play for my game this weekend? Asking as Roll20 will have a character sheet at some point today that I can make do with for this weekends session if I absolutely have to. Much rather not have to prep that if FG's first iteration will drop by Friday.
We're hoping to get the initial alpha out by tomorrow, all being well... (Don't quote me on that, consider this a rumour based on a little fact...) ;)

Thane
August 7th, 2018, 21:42
Yes! Thanks Trenloe!

Thes33
August 8th, 2018, 16:14
Trenloe, I'd be happy to help with the ruleset if you need any. I'm not an expert with the XML/Lua system, but I'm happy to help format the spells/powers in XML. Let me know.

Songline
August 8th, 2018, 16:31
Can't wait!

jontorregano
August 8th, 2018, 16:44
Great work so far Trenloe, I would also be interested in helping out where it is available. I know a bit about xml data structure, and I would be more than happy to help with some of the work on your shoulders. Lua creation is still a bit foreign to me however.

Cheers and good luck,
Jontorregano

vyruxx
August 8th, 2018, 17:10
will we see the ruleset today?

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 02:12
Oh, no! I think something's escaped! We'll have to send Harsk out into the wild to track it down...

Torg Smith
August 9th, 2018, 02:16
WOOTERS!!!! Checking it out now.

Blahness98
August 9th, 2018, 02:17
How did I beat the AI? :) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44982-Thread-to-Cheer-SW!&p=400184&viewfull=1#post400184

ddavison
August 9th, 2018, 02:24
Please run an Update to pick up PFRPG2 and the two included modules. I don't think I've slept more than a few hours in the last several days working on this and I think Trenloe has been in that state for the last few weeks. I hope you guys and gals all enjoy it. Please remember that this is just a first step. We don't normally open up Early Access, so it's something new for us.

digitalirony
August 9th, 2018, 03:24
Woohoo!!! Thanks for all your hardwork guys. Keep it up!

digitalirony
August 9th, 2018, 04:00
So. This is very awesome so far. I have tested making a character and I really like the 'tracker' option in the top corner, I think that will help new players a lot.

How is reflex save calculated? Also is there/will there be a way to set proficiency on saving throws?

You have goblins set with a 20 speed, but goblins should have a 25 speed according to the book I think. At least to the printed one.

I am super excited to see this coming out early enough to allow people to run the playtest online.

Thanks so much guys!

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 04:11
Saving throws are set on the Combat tab. Click the proficiency button to cycle through the proficiency level. The base proficiency is set based off the first class level you add.

Thanks for the pointer on the Goblin speed, we'll check that out.

digitalirony
August 9th, 2018, 04:37
Ahh, I found it for saving throws.

Maybe I am calculating it wrong. But my Dex is 18(+4). And my Reflex is Trained(+1), so my Reflex total should be +5 correct?

In the character sheet under Combat, if Reflex is set to 'base' it gives me +3(not sure from what), and T(+1) for a total of +4.
However if I cycle Base over to Dex(+4) my total reflex is +5.

Segin
August 9th, 2018, 04:40
Digital Dungeons? Counterbolt? His Twitch TV episode on Pathfinder 2.0, someone brought up a character sheet if anyone here wants: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19tPgax1eHnX6aZPVixeBlUMjep1hUSJd/view

Thanks so much for the PF2.0 playtest. I've updated. I find it hard to believe you have it out so quickly. I want to run a few things by you, to make sure I am not having issues. Spells and Traits are blank. I am guessing that is normal and it hasn't been done yet.

I did notice on the Library, that when you select Create PC that Spells and Traits aren't selected and I'm pretty sure those should be selected for Create PC.

Last, I get a Core Not loaded thing. No clue on this.

I am adding pictures. But this is truly amazing work and I am so excited that FG is all over this. AWESOME!

Segin

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 05:36
I want to run a few things by you, to make sure I am not having issues. Spells and Traits are blank. I am guessing that is normal and it hasn't been done yet.

I did notice on the Library, that when you select Create PC that Spells and Traits aren't selected and I'm pretty sure those should be selected for Create PC.

Last, I get a Core Not loaded thing. No clue on this.
I've just added a thread detailing what is and isn't in release 1 of the ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)

Yes, spells are not in this release.

Traits are not the same as Pathfinder v1, they are basically a keyword that means something. So, you don't need them for character generation. That being said, the trait data for keyword lookup didn't make it into the initial data release. Most of it is there in development, we just need to get it into the data modules.

Thanks for the report of the suggested modules not matching - I'll look into that.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 05:40

Maybe I am calculating it wrong. But my Dex is 18(+4). And my Reflex is Trained(+1), so my Reflex total should be +5 correct?

In the character sheet under Combat, if Reflex is set to 'base' it gives me +3(not sure from what), and T(+1) for a total of +4.
We've seen some issues with the base stat data not fully populating when it is first created. We're working to track that down. This usually sort itself out pretty quickly - when the PC sheet is next opened. But we need to sort it out so it is working 100%.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 06:38

I've tracked down the issue. There should be a fix for this in the next release - sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for reporting.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2018, 15:34
I made 4 videos covering the main areas of the ruleset yesterday - they are in post #1 of the bug tracking thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)

These will be available on the Fantasy Grounds YouTube Channel soon.

turelus
August 9th, 2018, 17:33
Thanks for all the hard work getting this out. Really appreciate it.

Only poked around for a few to test it but excited to run some games with it next month and give some feedback.

ddavison
August 9th, 2018, 18:18
I just pushed an update that includes Traits.

ivell
August 9th, 2018, 18:49
Wow! That's super quickly! :)

Just got the update. Now time for testing :)

Thank you for your hard work!

FG_Dave
August 9th, 2018, 22:13
I just pushed an update that includes Traits.

A huge thank you to Trenloe and Doug for making this happen so quickly.

Keep the feedback coming everyone.

Old Man Trouble
August 10th, 2018, 15:10
It's not really a bug, but more of a 'wishlist' item. I would imagine that a lot of the folks downloading and using this are going to be attempting the official Paizo playtest module. In it, there are some custom backgrounds. Those backgrounds don't appear to have a 1:1 analog to the current list. There wasn't an option to create your own background that I could find, but I was able to fake it by using "Entertainer" instead of "Goblin Renegade" to get the stat bonus choices to line up, then edited the appropriate text. I don't know if there's anything further that might be required. There could be background implications later in the level up process too. I'm not that knowledgeable about PF2 yet.

In any case, it might be helpful to toss in the backgrounds from Doomsday Dawn. Alternately, if there's legal shenanigans preventing this, a 'custom' background option?

Trenloe
August 10th, 2018, 15:22
There is a custom background option. Select/Enable it from the data selection at the top of the library list.

The backgrounds for Doosmday Dawn will be available with the Doomsday Dawn module.

vyruxx
August 10th, 2018, 16:24
The ruleset is great, I have to thank you for working so fast. But I need to ask when spells can be inserted, even manually, more or less.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2018, 16:25
The ruleset is great, I have to thank you for working so fast. But I need to ask when spells can be inserted, even manually, more or less.
There is no specific date for spells. The ruleset requires some significant changes. It will be "soon", but we can’t say more than that.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2018, 16:29
... even manually, more or less.
You can manually use the old spell records and enter some spell data that way. Then use a note entry to track spells (drag/drop the spell link) to give you a reference to the spell data and track usage etc. in the notes entry. I know it’s not great, but this should, more or less, give you the ability to track spells...

jakemtl
August 10th, 2018, 19:59
Hello, I just noticed that adding the Halfling ancesrty does not apply the boost or flaws for that ancestry nor does it promplt to add a free boost.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2018, 23:32
Hello, I just noticed that adding the Halfling ancesrty does not apply the boost or flaws for that ancestry nor does it promplt to add a free boost.
Thanks for reporting.

For future reference, please report any issues with the ruleset in the dedicated thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)

See post #17 for details of this specific data issue.

Thane
August 11th, 2018, 14:52
Great work guys!

Ampersandrew
August 12th, 2018, 00:16
I see that Doomsday dawn will be available at some point, I've been checking the store without success. Do you have any idea when it will be available?

Thanks

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 03:10
I see that Doomsday dawn will be available at some point, I've been checking the store without success. Do you have any idea when it will be available?
Welcome to the forums.

There is no set date at this point.

Shadoghast
August 13th, 2018, 16:45
I started the conversion over the weekend and I'm currently just about done with In Pale Mountain's Shadow. If work is light this week, I will try to finish and put it in a .mod file and upload it for anyone who wants.

ddavison
August 13th, 2018, 16:54
We can't allow distribution unless you have authorization to distribute them from the publisher. Whether or not something is available directly from a publisher as FREE, does not automatically allow anyone else to distribute them. In this case, Paizo is distribution PDF versions of their files for FREE and they have granted us (and other companies) permission to either give them away for free or sell them. We are choosing to give away the ruleset, core rules and bestiary files away for free as we build them but we were going to sell our versions of the Doomsday Dawn module and the flip-mat. You are still free to build them from PDF within FG using the tools we provide. You just are prohibited from distributing what you've built.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2018, 16:55
I started the conversion over the weekend and I'm currently just about done with In Pale Mountain's Shadow. If work is light this week, I will try to finish and put it in a .mod file and upload it for anyone who wants.
It's nice of you to want to share conversions with the community, but you can only share OGL material - this does not include maps, artwork, descriptive text, etc.. So you are very limited to what you can share - NPC statblocks (most are in the Bestiary included with the Playtest ruleset), hazards, items/equipment and spells.

We will have the first part of Doomsday Dawn out soon...

Shadoghast
August 13th, 2018, 16:55
Thanks for the clarification. I can gladly share with you guys internally, if a) it helps your efforts and b) it is legally permissible. Just let me know.

Springroll
August 14th, 2018, 15:47
Will it be possible to get the "simple brown theme" for the Playtest? I'm illiterate in getting this done myself in FG :)

Trenloe
August 14th, 2018, 16:14
Will it be possible to get the "simple brown theme" for the Playtest? I'm illiterate in getting this done myself in FG :)
Sorry, but generic themes are not planned to be updated as part of the playtest. We have much more pressing development to do and keep on top of playtest changes.

Springroll
August 14th, 2018, 16:35
Sorry, but generic themes are not planned to be updated as part of the playtest. We have much more pressing development to do and keep on top of playtest changes.
That's understandable, thanks for the swift reply :)

ivell
August 16th, 2018, 08:49
Just made the first character with rough knowledge of what is in the rulebook (briefly read through the most important parts). The Tracker is a great tool that we needed in FG for a long time. Helps a lot!

vyruxx
August 16th, 2018, 21:32
Is the day near where we can test the spells? I have a game on Friday Xd:o

Trenloe
August 16th, 2018, 21:33
Is the day near where we can test the spells? I have a game on Friday Xd:o
Near, but not that near. Sorry.

rhammer2
August 16th, 2018, 22:49
Is there a possible release date for the Doomsday Dawn playtest adventure?

- Robert

Trenloe
August 17th, 2018, 00:38
Not yet, sorry. A few things need to come into line (ruleset and data) before we can start pushing out the various parts of Doomsday Dawn. But I hope it won't be too much longer...

firice
August 18th, 2018, 01:39
so i am currently new to the FG process and i have watched the intro video on making a 2.0 charater. i am having problems with my halfling not being able seeing the first set of ability scores to choose. i found a post where it said to copy a new halfling ancestry to and add the correct stats, but i dont know how or where to do that? Also in the video they have the backgrounds for Doomsday Dawn and yet i do not see it in my version? i have the current monthly subscription, do i need to upgrade or am i doing this all completely wrong, sorry for the forum spam just trying to figure this out.

- Thanks

Trenloe
August 18th, 2018, 01:56
so i am currently new to the FG process and i have watched the intro video on making a 2.0 charater. i am having problems with my halfling not being able seeing the first set of ability scores to choose. i found a post where it said to copy a new halfling ancestry to and add the correct stats, but i dont know how or where to do that?
I'm really sorry that the halfling fix missed the data update this last week. The little fellas are chomping at the bit to get out there into playtest adventure land!

I've made a quick video showing how to fix this yourself: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bqO03MXPoXEIQ8LrMXOvZ9WRudSG1qte (Note, when I show how to add the Ancestries shield to the desktop I actually select Backgrounds - Doh!)

Also in the video they have the backgrounds for Doomsday Dawn and yet i do not see it in my version? i have the current monthly subscription, do i need to upgrade or am i doing this all completely wrong, sorry for the forum spam just trying to figure this out.
All of the Pathfinder Playtest information is early access and what I work with (as the frazzled developer) may look a little different to what you see. If you've recently ran an update, then you have the most recent data. Sorry if sometimes the videos might show something you don't have access to yet.

The Doomsday dawn info will come soon...

Don't worry about spam (unless you have a mission for halflings to rule the world). Keep the questions and comments coming. This FG playtest ruleset and data is as much about getting a super cool FG ruleset in 12 months time (but my aim is a lot sooner than that), as it is about playtesting the Pathfinder new rules. :)

ddavison
August 18th, 2018, 02:48
The Doomsday Dawn stuff is not currently in the version available in the updater.

firice
August 18th, 2018, 07:42
I'm really sorry that the halfling fix missed the data update this last week. The little fellas are chomping at the bit to get out there into playtest adventure land!

I've made a quick video showing how to fix this yourself: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bqO03MXPoXEIQ8LrMXOvZ9WRudSG1qte (Note, when I show how to add the Ancestries shield to the desktop I actually select Backgrounds - Doh!)

Watched the video and still had a little problems...... realized that i was in the manage characters not a Campaign... that makes a huge difference...... now i can edit it and shouldn't have troubles with it.... that should be added to the video lol
Thank you so much for the support with this.

vyruxx
August 20th, 2018, 21:31
Sorry but I have to ask again, is there a scheduled date to be able to enter spells? some photo to see it a little?.

FG_Dave
August 20th, 2018, 21:36
There is no ETA date yet for Doomsday Dawn

FG_Dave
August 20th, 2018, 21:37
Sorry but I have to ask again, is there a scheduled date to be able to enter spells? some photo to see it a little?.

There is no scheduled release date. Like we have stated this is a work in progress and chunks of content will be added every several weeks or so.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2018, 21:37
I'm sorry, but we just can't give any scheduled date for any release of anything in particular. I know that sounds bad to just say "no", but we're getting new stuff/bugfixes out every week (usually on Tuesdays with the normal FG updates) and I can't commit to having anything operational and ready for release on a week-by-week basis.

I know it's not what you want to hear. But we will let people know when it is on the verge of actually being released. Until then I can't give any assured dates. And, no, it won't be tomorrow! ;) Rest assured that it is the main big piece of functionality I'm working on, but also have other low hanging fruit to get out too.

rhammer2
August 20th, 2018, 23:51
I understand about the spells, the format has made a significant change.

What would be great is if the POWERS add on the Action tab was turned back on. While it is possible to simulate some spells by making them as weapons, I miss the cast/damage/heal actions you can put on a POWER.

- Robert

Trenloe
August 21st, 2018, 00:03
What would be great is if the POWERS add on the Action tab was turned back on. While it is possible to simulate some spells by making them as weapons, I miss the cast/damage/heal actions you can put on a POWER.
The issue with this is that the underlying code and data format from the Pathfinder v1.0 ruleset is changing. The reason I removed the spell classes was so that players wouldn't spend time creating lots of entries that would be removed or raise lots of errors in future. I'd rather give the functionality when it's ready to be tested - so that any issues/errors are to do with the new code. I really don't want players and GMs wasting time getting errors, reporting them, getting frustrated, etc. because I had to change the data format and underlying code.

I understand the desire to want to start entering a bunch of automation/actions for PCs but the ruleset is just not there yet as far as doing this reliably for the Pathfinder Playtest changes.

corwyn42
August 22nd, 2018, 23:54
I was watching an early Pathfinder 2E Playtest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4MsLrq3M8 and during play the Kyra character rolled a 20 on a Recovery Saving Throw. The GM indicated that not only did Krya return to 1 hit point, but in addition, Kyra also became conscious.

The Pathfinder 2E Playtest Rulebook does not contain a Critical Success entry for the Recovery Saving Throw if you are at 0 Hit Points.
If this was the game designer's intention, Page 295 of the Rulebook should be updated to reflect this:

If you are at 0 Hit Points:
Critical Success You return to 1 Hit Point and become conscious.
Success You return to 1 Hit Point.
Failure Your dying value increases by 1.
Critical Failure Your dying value increases by 2.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 00:52
I was watching an early Pathfinder 2E Playtest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4MsLrq3M8 and during play the Kyra character rolled a 20 on a Recovery Saving Throw. The GM indicated that not only did Krya return to 1 hit point, but in addition, Kyra also became conscious.

The Pathfinder 2E Playtest Rulebook does not contain a Critical Success entry for the Recovery Saving Throw if you are at 0 Hit Points.
If this was the game designer's intention, Page 295 of the Rulebook should be updated to reflect this:

If you are at 0 Hit Points:
Critical Success You return to 1 Hit Point and become conscious.
Success You return to 1 Hit Point.
Failure Your dying value increases by 1.
Critical Failure Your dying value increases by 2.
Thanks for mentioning. But this hasn’t been developed yet. Anything that’s there will be if stabilization checks have been enabled in options from the 3.5e ruleset.

I’d recommend checking the bug reporting thread for what isn't available yet. Find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45066-Bug-Thread-Pathfinder-Playtest-ruleset-Release-1-(August-8th)

I mention that purely so that you don’t waste your time reporting something that isn’t supposed to be working yet, or get frustrated looking for a feature that will be available in the future.

Again, thanks for reporting things that are missing. :)

shadelon
August 23rd, 2018, 01:55
Also be aware they are completely overhauling the death/dying system in the next errata, as stated in last week's twitch stream.

Gwydion
August 23rd, 2018, 02:04
Also be aware they are completely overhauling the death/dying system in the next errata, as stated in last week's twitch stream.

Really? Did not listen to that..... Might have to now..

shadelon
August 23rd, 2018, 02:06
Yeah they said they were apparently never happy with it as it was and they had been internally arguing over it constantly. Apparently said even at GenCon that it would be changing. They also seem to have like 4 other versions or something. So it's something that will probably be going through a LOT of different forms before the end of the playtest and it goes to print.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2018, 06:08
Yeah they said they were apparently never happy with it as it was and they had been internally arguing over it constantly. Apparently said even at GenCon that it would be changing. They also seem to have like 4 other versions or something. So it's something that will probably be going through a LOT of different forms before the end of the playtest and it goes to print.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I haven't spent *too* much time on this... :/

shadelon
August 23rd, 2018, 11:43
Yeah Np. I keep up with the twitch streams and the other news. This is why this ruleset is always going to be in flux i'd say. Constant changes every couple of weeks or so. If i hear of anything else i'll be sure to post it here. Happy to help any way i can.

shadelon
August 28th, 2018, 04:41
The errata is up.

Trenloe
August 28th, 2018, 04:44
The errata is up.
Thanks. That's just what I need on a Monday night when I'm trying to get everything ready for tomorrow's update. Thanks a lot!!! ;)

shadelon
August 28th, 2018, 04:45
Np lol Good luck man and keep up the good work.

Gwydion
August 28th, 2018, 12:05
Well. The Paizo site must have only been up a bit. Still down for me this morning. Will check again later.

shadelon
August 28th, 2018, 12:05
https://paizo.com/download/surveys

shadelon
August 28th, 2018, 12:06
That's a link to another page where they have the dl's available, while they work on the site

vyruxx
August 28th, 2018, 12:06
you can see the pdf whit erratas here:
https://paizo.com/download/PZO2102%20001-029-1.pdf

Gwydion
August 28th, 2018, 12:07
Never mind. Site still down but they do have the link up to playtest materials now and I see the errata. Thanks!!!

shadelon
August 28th, 2018, 12:07
Np.

dantedoom
August 28th, 2018, 15:15
Hey Trenloe, since is Tuesday, any luck for us to get a new update today? To maybe have all this class feats already done?=X

Trenloe
August 28th, 2018, 16:03
Hey Trenloe, since is Tuesday, any luck for us to get a new update today? To maybe have all this class feats already done?=X
No chance... :p

vyruxx
August 28th, 2018, 18:02
Yeahhh... Spells and powers. Thank you trenloe.

Trenloe
August 28th, 2018, 18:09
Information on release 2 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45320-Fantasy-Grounds-Pathfinder-Playtest-%96-Release-2-%96-August-28th

A couple of videos to come...

Trenloe
August 28th, 2018, 18:30
A couple of spell/power overview videos available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45320-Fantasy-Grounds-Pathfinder-Playtest-%96-Release-2-%96-August-28th&p=403073&viewfull=1#post403073

ddavison
August 28th, 2018, 20:02
I just added Trenloe's latest videos to the YouTube channel for Fantasy Grounds. You can find it with all the other playtest videos in the playlist there.

Here are the direct links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTEUWrcecJ4

ddavison
August 28th, 2018, 20:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Uc-FUqKmI

dantedoom
August 28th, 2018, 20:10
No chance... :p

C'mon! You gotcha me here...
I was only, maybe, expecting the Feats! And then: Boom! Spells are here...

You rock man...

Trenloe
August 28th, 2018, 20:18
C'mon! You gotcha me here...
Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

shadelon
August 29th, 2018, 00:01
Hey Trenloe, are you on discord? Need to talk about how i'll be able to get my setting to work on PF2 when it officially releases.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2018, 00:22
Hey Trenloe, are you on discord? Need to talk about how i'll be able to get my setting to work on PF2 when it officially releases.
Nope. Not generally. And, there is nothing at all I can comment on or guarantee for a ruleset that is 11 months out, when we don't even know what the system is going to be in its final form. Ask again July next year.

shadelon
August 29th, 2018, 00:25
Well it involves the spells and how they're categorized and what classes have access to what spells. My setting handles spellcasting very differently in this regard. Like for examlle in my setting the normal schools of magic do not exist, they're all categorized differently.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2018, 00:29
Well it involves the spells and how they're categorized and what classes have access to what spells. My setting handles spellcasting very differently in this regard. Like for examlle in my setting the normal schools of magic do not exist, they're all categorized differently.
To be perfectly honest discussions like this don't interest me. If you want to discuss stuff like this I'd recommend taking it to the Paizo forums. All I'm interested in at present is the current Pathfinder Playtest and implementing that in FG.

shadelon
August 29th, 2018, 00:33
But it's about how i'll be able to implement my setting in FG on this ruleset. Lol

Trenloe
August 29th, 2018, 00:38
But it's about how i'll be able to implement my setting in FG on this ruleset. Lol
Then i suggest you fully digest my comment in post #112.

shadelon
August 29th, 2018, 00:57
Fine then i'll wait lol. I'm just afraid i'd have to do an extension or something which i can't do. Coding is NOT my forte.

dantedoom
September 4th, 2018, 17:23
Just wanna say Trenloe that played a lot of games with this last one update and it's working amazing! Congratulations!

Trenloe
September 4th, 2018, 19:35
Just wanna say Trenloe that played a lot of games with this last one update and it's working amazing! Congratulations!
Great to hear! Thanks so much for letting me know. Standby for the next update... :)

UltimateGM
September 4th, 2018, 19:59
Any spoilers as to what we can look forward to seeing in this "next update". :p

Trenloe
September 4th, 2018, 20:05
No spoilers at all. ;)

Trenloe
September 4th, 2018, 21:42
You didn't have to wait long: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45415-Release-Updates-on-9-4-2018

:)

Trenloe
September 4th, 2018, 21:43
Release 2b, Tuesday 4th September.

Ruleset:

[Added] Affliction records added – currently informational only.
[Added] Spells and Powers to NPCs.
[Added] Hazard data added to NPC class record. Some basic automation – Initiative (for complex hazards), attacks/damage, spells/powers.
[Updated] Streamlined Power class to display only needed data.
[Added] Spells/Powers show action icons needed to cast.
[Fixed] Various bugs.

Pathfinder Playtest Core Data module:

[Fixed] Spells populate in the library list.
[Added] Feats to level 20 for Alchemist, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid and Fighter. Remaining 6 classes have feats to level 10.
[Added] All creature traits from the bestiary.
[Fixed] Data bugs.

Pathfinder Playtest Bestiary module:

[Added] Afflictions and Hazards from Doomsday Dawn part 1 added.
[Added] Spells/powers to Doomsday Dawn part 1 NPCs.

Gwydion
September 4th, 2018, 21:45
Excellent! Thanks, Trenloe.

UltimateGM
September 4th, 2018, 22:19
Thank you Trenloe! I just want to say it is really awesome to have someone like yourself working on the Playtest material. I am a HUGE fan of Pathfinder and I am glad that you are doing it justice. Thanks mate!

Rugburn
September 6th, 2018, 19:47
As I'm prepping doomsday dawn for play with fantasy grounds, is there anything helpful that I can do to assist? For example, if I'm building Npc entries for enemies and hazards, would you benefit from my sharing that?

Trenloe
September 6th, 2018, 21:34
As I'm prepping doomsday dawn for play with fantasy grounds, is there anything helpful that I can do to assist? For example, if I'm building Npc entries for enemies and hazards, would you benefit from my sharing that?
Thanks for the offer. To be honest, the main holdup has been getting hazards into the ruleset base, and now the main process is getting everything approved and through the various review phases. NPCs/Hazards aren't really holding it up at this point...

Teaser/Spoiler alert!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24567

Ampersandrew
September 6th, 2018, 23:49
To be honest, the main holdup has been getting hazards into the ruleset base, and now the main process is getting everything approved and through the various review phases. NPCs/Hazards aren't really holding it up at this point...

Cool. Does that mean that Doomsday Dawn is with Paizo for approval? I'm entering the PFS scenarios, but would like to avoid entering Doomsday Dawn. We're supposed to have played this part already :-)

Trenloe
September 7th, 2018, 00:15
Doomsday Dawn is ongoing... I can’t say any more than that at this point...

Rugburn
September 7th, 2018, 18:20
Oh snap! I can't wait!

Trenloe
September 7th, 2018, 18:27
ICYMI - The NPCs and hazards for part 1 are in the Bestiary module and the flip maps are in the store. So you can pretty easily run part 1 without a full blown module.

shadelon
September 11th, 2018, 01:01
The errata is up. The major change this week is the removal of signature skills.

Trenloe
September 18th, 2018, 21:07

- Robert
Early access Doomsday Dawn available now: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2100MFG

Trenloe
September 19th, 2018, 10:53
Oh snap! I can't wait!
The wait is over - more information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45622-Doomsday-Dawn-playtest-campaign-available-products-and-info

ivell
September 20th, 2018, 22:18
So will the other monsters from the Bestiary come to the ruleset?

I've seen the adventure for parts 2 and 3 is up in the Store - I already have it printed, so I am more willing to create the module myself with the available ruleset and monsters than buying yet another copy for the same amount of money. But I see no more monsters. Is it planned to add them? Not saying the custom enemies from the adventure should be there, but Bestiary monsters indeed.

Trenloe
September 20th, 2018, 22:49
So will the other monsters from the Bestiary come to the ruleset?

I've seen the adventure for parts 2 and 3 is up in the Store - I already have it printed, so I am more willing to create the module myself with the available ruleset and monsters than buying yet another copy for the same amount of money. But I see no more monsters. Is it planned to add them? Not saying the custom enemies from the adventure should be there, but Bestiary monsters indeed.
It will be updated, but not for a while as I have higher development priorities for the ruleset and Doomsday Dawn.

If you don't want to save yourself a lot of time by picking up Doomsday Dawn then you can enter the NPCs yourself - use the current ones from DD Part 1 as an example.

If you're even vaguely interested, there's details on what you get with the Doomsday Dawn module here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45622-Doomsday-Dawn-playtest-campaign-available-products-and-info It will save you a lot of time vs. entering all the stuff manually (maps, images, NPCs, encounters, tokens, items, etc.).

ivell
September 20th, 2018, 22:58
I'm personally OK with putting them into the modules - being quite fast in copy-pasting from PDF, working with Photoshop/Illustrator and also having programming background helps a lot ;) Will think, but since my group is already waaaay behind the schedule of the playtests, I think we are OK to wait for more. Meanwhile we will play part 1, using already available data + what I have copied and prepared today. It's always a matter of waging how much money I will spend vs how much I will earn by doing different things in the same time ;) For now I'd like to train my skills a little bit in Fantasy Grounds modules building.

Thanks for the answer. Anyway you did tremendous work in a pretty short time span. Good job! Waiting for more.

UltimateGM
September 21st, 2018, 02:08
I own all the pdfs and books as well but I went ahead and purchased them anyways as well as the society adventures. I look at it as supporting the people involved in the development and the fact that it will save me some time to do another read of the Playtest Rulebook. I do agree with you though they have definitely pumped out a lot of content in a short number of days and it is definitely appreciated! :p

ivell
September 25th, 2018, 20:57
Updates, updates...
Do I see properly that some updates come from 1.3 errata? I see differences in build for Rogue for sure. But no changes in non-proficient (-4 instead of -2 proficiency penalty). Will this be changed soon?

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 21:42
Updates, updates...
Do I see properly that some updates come from 1.3 errata? I see differences in build for Rogue for sure. But no changes in non-proficient (-4 instead of -2 proficiency penalty). Will this be changed soon?
Can you provide details of what you aren't seeing?

Any PC that has a proficiency cycler (the control where you click through -. T, E, M and L) set to "-" (untrained) should have a proficiency bonus of -4 plus level automatically applied when you open the PC sheet after updating to v3.3.6 (release 3) of the PFRPG2 ruleset.

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 21:47
Can you provide details of what you aren't seeing?

Any PC that has a proficiency cycler (the control where you click through -. T, E, M and L) set to "-" (untrained) should have a proficiency bonus of -4 plus level automatically applied when you open the PC sheet after updating to v3.3.6 (release 3) of the PFRPG2 ruleset.

Its strange, Trenloe. I absolutely swear it was properly showing the proficiency bonus for untrained at -4 plus level this morning for the pregens I created as soon as I opened them. However, now it somehow looks like it has reverted back to showing -2 plus level. I've even opened a brand new campaign with no extension and then opened a new character sheet and all skills start at -2. Once I drag on the class, they all change to -1 (level 1, proficiency bonus -2). Really odd. Its like it reverted back somehow. I checked to make sure I couldn't "revert changes" in the module but whether its an existing campaing or new one, it appears it is back to the -2. I'll check again when I get home tonight.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 22:02
Re the -2/-4 proficiency update. That didn't make it into the version control this morning. My fault. So sorry. Let me see if I can sweet talk SmiteWorks into doing an out-of-schedule update...

Gwydion
September 25th, 2018, 22:04
Re the -2/-4 proficiency update. That didn't make it into the version control this morning. My fault. So, sorry. Let me see if I can sweet talk SmiteWorks into doing an out-of-schedule update...

Ok... I guess I am losing my mind.. I thought I saw it this morning... :)

Ampersandrew
September 25th, 2018, 23:33
Hi Trenloe,

Adding a plus one bonus to armour isn't modifying the numbers for armour check penalty or boosting saves.

Trenloe
September 25th, 2018, 23:35
Hi Trenloe,

Adding a plus one bonus to armour isn't modifying the numbers for armour check penalty or boosting saves.
Yep, that hasn't been implemented yet. Items are still on the development list.

vyruxx
September 25th, 2018, 23:42
thanks to all Trenloe

Trenloe
September 26th, 2018, 20:10
Re the -2/-4 proficiency update. That didn't make it into the version control this morning. My fault. So sorry. Let me see if I can sweet talk SmiteWorks into doing an out-of-schedule update...
I’m on the road for a couple of days so I can’t check his to confirm myself. Earlier today, the PFRPG2 ruleset was updated to include the files I missed checking into the FG version control. So, the correct -4 untrained proficiency should be there now (after an update). The 0 ability modifier for spell attacks and DCs should also be fixed.

Please could someone confirm if these are now OK when they have a free moment? Thanks!

Gwydion
September 26th, 2018, 20:44
Yes.. It looks good! Thanks for getting these updated.

Trenloe
September 26th, 2018, 20:52
Yes.. It looks good! Thanks for getting these updated.
Great! Thanks for checking. :-)

ivell
September 26th, 2018, 20:54
Yup, saw an update today as well and after pulling it is now displayed properly. Thank you! :)

Trenloe
September 26th, 2018, 21:00
Yup, saw an update today as well and after pulling it is now displayed properly. Thank you! :)
Thanks for confirming.

And thanks to SmiteWorks' James for accommodating an out of schedule update to fix my mess up.

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 01:43
Hey Trenloe, found an issue!

It seems that some NPC critical damage don't work as intended for 2ed.

Look for Liruthall, the dragon in part 4

His attack: Jaws +20 (reach 10 feet), Damage 3d6+12 piercing plus 2d6 fire

When he gets a critical the 2d6 fire damage don't multiply. He hould roll: 6d6+24 plus 4d6 fire in a critical, for now it's 6d6+24 plus 2d6

The sencond thing is that I think that Combat Tracker is not parsing the Weakness and Resistance from NPC's

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 05:24

When he gets a critical the 2d6 fire damage don't multiply. He hould roll: 6d6+24 plus 4d6 fire in a critical, for now it's 6d6+24 plus 2d6

The sencond thing is that I think that Combat Tracker is not parsing the Weakness and Resistance from NPC's
Thanks for reporting. I’ll look into the critical damage.

For the weaknesses and resistances - they should parse from the NPC data into effects when added to the CT. But, at this stage, there are a number of exceptions. More info in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45764-Pathfinder-Playtest-Ongoing-Development-Effects

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 15:59
Thanks for reporting. I’ll look into the critical damage.

For the weaknesses and resistances - they should parse from the NPC data into effects when added to the CT. But, at this stage, there are a number of exceptions. More info in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45764-Pathfinder-Playtest-Ongoing-Development-Effects

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm using Doomsday Dawn module and when I put the NPC in CT none seens to parse.

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 16:02
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm using Doomsday Dawn module and when I put the NPC in CT none seens to parse.
Please provide an example - i.e. which NPC. Thanks.

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 16:11
Please provide an example - i.e. which NPC. Thanks.

Hope this helps!

https://thumb.ibb.co/m8nKKK/ct.jpg (https://ibb.co/m8nKKK) https://thumb.ibb.co/gixate/dragon.jpg (https://ibb.co/gixate) https://thumb.ibb.co/ehtgYe/drakus.jpg (https://ibb.co/ehtgYe) https://thumb.ibb.co/jWec6z/fire_elemental.jpg (https://ibb.co/jWec6z)

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 16:24
Hope this helps!

https://thumb.ibb.co/m8nKKK/ct.jpg (https://ibb.co/m8nKKK) https://thumb.ibb.co/gixate/dragon.jpg (https://ibb.co/gixate) https://thumb.ibb.co/ehtgYe/drakus.jpg (https://ibb.co/ehtgYe) https://thumb.ibb.co/jWec6z/fire_elemental.jpg (https://ibb.co/jWec6z)
It does, thanks.

What version of the PFRPG2 ruleset do you see in the chat window? If it's not showing release 3a, then do an update.

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 16:29
Yeah, that's it I think.

It's just showing (version 3).

Did an update and got nothing in return...

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 16:31
Did an update and got nothing in return...
Delete PFRPG2.pak from your rulesets directory and run update again.

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 16:35
Delete PFRPG2.pak from your rulesets directory and run update again.

Done and still (Version 3)

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 16:42
Done and still (Version 3)
Exit FG. Delete PFRPG2.pak and then try to open your PFRPG2 campaign again. If you don't get an error, then you have another ruleset PFRGP2 somewhere - have you extracted it into a directory or something similar?

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 16:50
Exit FG. Delete PFRPG2.pak and then try to open your PFRPG2 campaign again. If you don't get an error, then you have another ruleset PFRGP2 somewhere - have you extracted it into a directory or something similar?

Got a error when done that! Then updated again

https://thumb.ibb.co/e7dbzK/erro.jpg (https://ibb.co/e7dbzK) https://thumb.ibb.co/kWt9KK/update.jpg (https://ibb.co/kWt9KK) https://thumb.ibb.co/gvQOeK/versao_3.jpg (https://ibb.co/gvQOeK)

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 16:54
Got a error when done that! Then updated again

https://thumb.ibb.co/e7dbzK/erro.jpg (https://ibb.co/e7dbzK) https://thumb.ibb.co/kWt9KK/update.jpg (https://ibb.co/kWt9KK) https://thumb.ibb.co/gvQOeK/versao_3.jpg (https://ibb.co/gvQOeK)
Looks like you're running "test" not "live".

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 16:57
Looks like you're running "test" not "live".

Nailed it!!
Lol, felt so dumb now!
Thanks Trenloe!

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 17:02
Nailed it!!
Lol, felt so dumb now!
Thanks Trenloe!
There was a moment of my thinking "that doesn't make sense!" But then realised the "a" release probably didn't make it into the test channel.

Glad you got onto release 3a. :) Now you just have to wait for release 3b for proper resistance parsing... ;)

dantedoom
September 29th, 2018, 17:30
There was a moment of my thinking "that doesn't make sense!" But then realised the "a" release probably didn't make it into the test channel.

Glad you got onto release 3a. :) Now you just have to wait for release 3b for proper resistance parsing... ;)

You are doing a great work in 2ed! Thanks so much for all the effort and love!

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 17:40
You are doing a great work in 2ed! Thanks so much for all the effort and love!
No worries. I appreciate the feedback.

Trenloe
September 29th, 2018, 19:15

Bug #1.044 - fixed in release 3b (hopefully next week).

Investigating this also found an issue for weapons with the fatal trait. That should be fixed now as well.

Thanks again for reporting. :)

shadelon
October 3rd, 2018, 06:07
Just letting you know Trenloe, the next errata will be up on Monday, and it includes major changes to ancestries.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2018, 06:08
Just letting you know Trenloe, the next errata will be up on Monday, and it includes major changes to ancestries.
Thanks.

I've noticed the pattern of releasing the update the day that the new playtest period starts.

shadelon
October 4th, 2018, 12:17
Thanks.

I've noticed the pattern of releasing the update the day that the new playtest period starts.

Np. I watch the twitch stream every week, so sometimes they do drop bombs on what will be coming up in the next errata on there. I'll keep you apprised.

Gwydion
October 4th, 2018, 17:49
One thing I noticed doing session 0 last night is that Trenloe did a phenomenal job with the tracker, but players still went a bit off the reservation. I think they all thought they must get a class feat and a general/skill feat at level 1 even though the tracker did not prompt them to add one. I'll use the beginning of the next session to clean that up with them. Also, the skills was a little confusing to them. For example, our Wizard was prompted to add 8 skills and given he already saw that the program automatically trained him in three skills (Arcana, Esoteric Lore and Perception), he assumed he had 5 more to pick. I was pretty sure he was supposed to select 8 and then later I confirmed it (4 plus int modifier).

Its also a bit confusing that Perception isn't a skill but rather a "sense". I get why it is listed in the skills, but I think that confused them a bit as well. Just things for me to remember and let everyone know when they create a character. All in all it was awesome and I'm still amazed and how much work Trenloe has done on the ruleset in such a short time.

Trenloe
October 9th, 2018, 22:14
Release 3c of the PFRPG2 ruleset is now available via the FG update system. This includes the core rules data module that has the new data (where appropriate to what is currently in the ruleset) as part of Paizo's v1.4 update yesterday.

Note: Doomsday Dawn has also been updated - it now includes part 5 (the currently "live" playtest scenario) and updated maps for previous scenarios (parts 2-4).

Adding an ancestry now give additional guidance and options for selecting the heritage. This requires some manual work by the player.

Referring to the screenshot below:

The updated Ancestry record, including heritage information.
Character tracker guidance on what the player should do to select their heritage.
The various heritage options available for the player to review and remove those not selected. The player then manually applies any relevant information/mechanics appropriate to the heritage selected.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24939

UltimateGM
October 11th, 2018, 19:35
Trenloe, are you pursuing a different layout for items and magic items or are you using the base template that is there? Is there a place I can find out how to categorize magic items like the wiki? I wasn't sure if it gave any information on type, subtype ect.

Trenloe
October 11th, 2018, 20:15
Trenloe, are you pursuing a different layout for items and magic items or are you using the base template that is there? Is there a place I can find out how to categorize magic items like the wiki? I wasn't sure if it gave any information on type, subtype ect.
I haven't put anything in the Wiki yet.

You'll notice that there are also the Magic Item relevant fields in the Item record. This is based off the details in "Reading Item Stat Block" starting on page 344 of the Playtest rules.

Currently it works at a high level similar to 3.5E/PFRPG - only Types of Weapon or Armor adjust the fields that are visible.

For Magic Items, I'm currently setting Type = Magic Item and then subtype uses the category from the treasure tables starting on page 349 of the Playtest rules. But I'm not guaranteeing that will be the format going forward.

If you have Doomsday Dawn, you can see a lot of example magic items there and the format I'm currently using.

lachancery
October 14th, 2018, 15:52
Perhaps I have stumbled on an issue in FG PF2, but I'm not sure of the PF2 RAW. Here's an extract of the chatlog.html:

Attack [20] -> [at Skeleton Guard] [HIT]
Effect ['Sneak; DMG: 1d6 precision'] -> [to Kaeras]
Kaeras: [DAMAGE (M)] Elven curve blade [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: slashing (1d8+4=7)] [TYPE: slashing,precision (1d6=6)] [1d8+1p6+4 = 13]
Damage [3] -> [to Skeleton Guard] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]

Should the skeleton guard's damage resistance been applied twice (on both slashing attack and precision damage)?

Trenloe
October 14th, 2018, 16:17
Perhaps I have stumbled on an issue in FG PF2, but I'm not sure of the PF2 RAW. Here's an extract of the chatlog.html:

Should the skeleton guard's damage resistance been applied twice (on both slashing attack and precision damage)?
Well spotted sir! :)

EDIT: Logged as bug #1.046

You're right, the resistance shouldn't be applied twice (as per the precision damage example on page 293 of the playtest ruleset). Unfortunately, this is an issue inherited from the 3.5E ruleset. I have it noted as a "To Do" in the DamageManager code in the "Check Resistances" section: "TODO - code for maximum damage remaining - not ongoing cumulative damage resistance (as coded in 3.5E ruleset)." Don't know when I'll get round to it though, I'm currently battling effects and conditions. Fun! (Not really.)

UltimateGM
October 15th, 2018, 02:59
It makes me melt when I hear you "coding" conditions and effects. All the circumstantial stuff is giving me a headache. These days I look forward to two days Monday and Tuesday :p

I say coding instead of battling because we all know your robotic ways ;)

Trenloe
October 16th, 2018, 20:57
It makes me melt when I hear you "coding" conditions and effects. All the circumstantial stuff is giving me a headache.
It's giving me a HUGE headache as well!

New release today: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46099-Release-Updates-on-October-18-2018

Some effects/conditions with the release today. Not as much as I wanted. I debated if I should release anything, and wait until all conditions were coded (and tested), but decided to get it out there as I'm sure there will be some things that don't work as well as I thought - I can only test so much.

The biggest issue I'm encountering is that so many conditions and bonuses/penalties were untyped in 3.5E/PF - but in PF2 they all have types - mostly "conditional" (conditions - conditional, funny that!) so have to change so much of the existing code to return penalties and bonuses with their individual types, and then work through them all - add conditions as necessary, and then get to something workable at the end. All making some assumptions as the designers ideas aren't always articulated fully.

So, this release has (hopefully working without too many issues):

Full effects and conditions for attacks (most of the work was recoding all of the AC calculations)
Effects/Conditions for Ability checks (not very common - I was just starting at the top - and Ability begins with "A").
Effects (including skill match - only for PC) for Initiative. No conditions or full bonus type (across Init and Skill) yet.
Effects and conditons for the Heal action - pretty limited efects/conditions impact this.
Trait processing and types for save (this was available before). No conditions as yet.
Skills - no conditions as yet.

So... feeling I wasn't giving much this week, I spent a few hours putting level 3 and 4 spells into the core rule data... Slowly getting through these.

shadelon
October 17th, 2018, 01:11
Hey Trenloe. They just released new resonance rules for a seperate test, how do you think you might do that? It's up on here: https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sgbn?The-Resonance-Test#discuss

Also Laerun at FGC wants me to get to know you and such. Since I have kinda been put in charge of PF2e at FGC. Lol

dantedoom
October 17th, 2018, 02:51
Hey Trenloe. They just released new resonance rules for a seperate test, how do you think you might do that? It's up on here: https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sgbn?The-Resonance-Test#discuss

Also Laerun at FGC wants me to get to know you and such. Since I have kinda been put in charge of PF2e at FGC. Lol

If I could suggest I think that this update shouldn't be included in 2ed FG. Since it's for only one adventure and we should use the other rules for the rest of the adventure

shadelon
October 17th, 2018, 02:52
Maybe include it as a house rule option in settings.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2018, 03:13
Hey Trenloe. They just released new resonance rules for a seperate test, how do you think you might do that?
I don't intend to do anything for it at this point. Officially it's a bunch of changes to be tested in a single PFS scenario. All of which can be handled manually.

Maybe include it as a house rule option in settings.
This would increase the ruleset development workload threefold for something that might only be around for a few weeks.

Gwaihir Scout
October 18th, 2018, 04:59
Really good work with the conditional save modifiers reacting to traits.

madman
October 18th, 2018, 06:28
Was making a mod for traps and hazards and it will not export..

Am i missing something?

Trenloe
October 18th, 2018, 08:37
Was making a mod for traps and hazards and it will not export..

Am i missing something?
Remove the / from the file name.

madman
October 18th, 2018, 17:45
DOH! Thanks, these are the stupid things that happen when you are tired.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2018, 17:51
...these are the stupid things that happen when you are tired.
They sure do. Just needs another set of eyes... :)

UltimateGM
October 18th, 2018, 18:00
I agree on not adding the resonance changes. There really isnt anything saying they are even going to be added and it is highly likely they will change again. Seems smart to concentrate on the more concrete things even though those may be likely to change as well but no where near as much as the "playtest" in a playtest that resonance offers. I hope they figure this resonance thing out because it really needs some work.

dantedoom
October 19th, 2018, 21:37
Hey Trenloe. Mark Seifter answered a question about how weakness and resistances should work.

Just posting here to see if it could help you!

Mark Seifter, please explain it to me like I am 5 years old. How do resistance and weakness work against a weapon which deals multiple types of damage (like a weapon with cold iron, fire, good, and another good damage point from the paladin)?

Mark Seifter
Let's say you attacked for 20 slashing damage on the dice plus your Strength (with a cold iron weapon, but the damage type is slashing), with a conditional bonus from your bard giving you 1 more damage, 21 slashing damage. You also have 3 fire damage from flaming, and 4 good damage from holy with an extra good damage from the paladin, so 5 good damage.

You are fighting a demon with weakness 10 cold iron, fire, and good.

You deal 31 slashing damage (21 + 10 weakness), 13 fire damage (3 + 10 weakness), and 15 good damage (5 + 10 weakness).

The reverse would be true if the creature had resistance to all damage. Incidentally, this makes the cleric domain power that creates an aura with a small amount of resist all for you and all your allies extremely good against attacks with multiple damage types. You can see Erik Keith's goblin paladin use it to great advantage in the youtube video where I ran a group through The Mirrored Moon, and several enemies dealt multiple types of damage.

Trenloe
October 19th, 2018, 21:42
Hey Trenloe. Mark Seifter answered a question about how weakness and resistances should work.

Just posting here to see if it could help you!

Mark Seifter, please explain it to me like I am 5 years old. How do resistance and weakness work against a weapon which deals multiple types of damage (like a weapon with cold iron, fire, good, and another good damage point from the paladin)?

Mark Seifter
Let's say you attacked for 20 slashing damage on the dice plus your Strength (with a cold iron weapon, but the damage type is slashing), with a conditional bonus from your bard giving you 1 more damage, 21 slashing damage. You also have 3 fire damage from flaming, and 4 good damage from holy with an extra good damage from the paladin, so 5 good damage.

You are fighting a demon with weakness 10 cold iron, fire, and good.

You deal 31 slashing damage (21 + 10 weakness), 13 fire damage (3 + 10 weakness), and 15 good damage (5 + 10 weakness).

The reverse would be true if the creature had resistance to all damage. Incidentally, this makes the cleric domain power that creates an aura with a small amount of resist all for you and all your allies extremely good against attacks with multiple damage types. You can see Erik Keith's goblin paladin use it to great advantage in the youtube video where I ran a group through The Mirrored Moon, and several enemies dealt multiple types of damage.
Thanks for that. It's just about what I'm thinking, but always good to see a detailed example to focus the thought process. Thanks! :)

madman
October 21st, 2018, 20:51
Did a search and could not find anything about this so, sorry if it is a double post..

Madman

The first error was a doubleclick on INIT the second was dragging to the chat window
and it does not roll from a DBLClick

Trenloe
October 21st, 2018, 21:00
Did a search and could not find anything about this so, sorry if it is a double post..

Madman

The first error was a doubleclick on INIT the second was dragging to the chat window
Thanks for reporting.

This will only happen for rolling NPC initiative directly from the NPC sheet. This is quite rare - the auto rolling of Init when a NPC is added to the combat tracker still works.

Assigned bug ID 1.048. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbGSjXB_PrkHJpu5reRqx6KSvJnGkAHkhZhgSpgTjHk/edit?usp=sharing) I've just fixed it in my dev code and it will be included in the next release.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2018, 21:02

Madman

and it does not roll from a DBLClick
This should be fixed in today's update. Ruleset release 3e.

Info on the release here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46230-Release-Updates-on-23-October-2018

Daniel Romualdo
November 13th, 2018, 07:33
I don't know if you are able and/or allowed to answer this, but I'd like to have something clarified, if possible. When the final version of Pathfinder 2 releases next year, is the Fantasy Grounds version going to be a free ruleset with paid content, like 5e currently is, or is the ruleset going to have a cost as well, like Call of Cthulhu or Savage Worlds?

Trenloe
November 13th, 2018, 10:17
I don't know if you are able and/or allowed to answer this, but I'd like to have something clarified, if possible. When the final version of Pathfinder 2 releases next year, is the Fantasy Grounds version going to be a free ruleset with paid content, like 5e currently is, or is the ruleset going to have a cost as well, like Call of Cthulhu or Savage Worlds?
The PFRGP2 ruleset will be included with the FG license, similar to the current PFRPG ruleset, with paid content (Core rules, Bestiary, etc.) at launch. A few months after launch we will start to add OGL library data content.

Daniel Romualdo
November 13th, 2018, 16:08
The PFRGP2 ruleset will be included with the FG license, similar to the current PFRPG ruleset, with paid content (Core rules, Bestiary, etc.) at launch. A few months after launch we will start to add OGL library data content.

Oh, that's great! Thanks for the response, I can't wait to buy FG Ultimate when I'm able to. I would suggest that you make that a little more clear in the initial post though, "We hope you'll consider buying the official version once it releases in 2019." really suggests that the ruleset itself is going to be paid DLC. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but for people that live in underdeveloped countries with a devalued currency like me, 10-15 extra dollars can be very meaningful when choosing to buy a product.

Anyways, continue with your great work, Trenloe and FG Staff in general.

shadelon
November 15th, 2018, 09:30

Will it actually be released at the same time as PF2e's release in print, or sometime after? I know SF is staggered, its ruleset didn't release until a few months later.

Trenloe
November 15th, 2018, 10:09
Will it actually be released at the same time as PF2e's release in print, or sometime after?
The plan is to have it available at the time of the official Paizo release.

shadelon
November 15th, 2018, 10:16
The plan is to have it available at the time of the official Paizo release.

Thank you! You sir are a god. Keep up the awesome work!

Bidmaron
December 1st, 2018, 22:47
Trenloe, when you open an individual encounter, there is a box for CR (challenge rating). Is it your intent at some point to display the challenge level in that box (severe, extreme, etc) or what do you have in mind for that?

ivell
December 2nd, 2018, 14:26
Lately I was helping my player to create a character and found these issues:
- Animal Companion -- there's no feat for the Druid available at 1st level. I am using Ranger's but it is slightly different in description AFAIR.
- Hit Points are not re-calculated on level up. To recalculate we have to add some random to misc (it is calculated then) and then remove it again.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2018, 14:31
- Animal Companion -- there's no feat for the Druid available at 1st level. I am using Ranger's but it is slightly different in description AFAIR.
Thanks for that. There are a few feats that have the same name and the FG module creator we use only keeps the last one - I think I have most of them, but not all. Thanks for reporting this.

- Hit Points are not re-calculated on level up. To recalculate we have to add some random to misc (it is calculated then) and then remove it again.
Level up by drag/dropping the class again - don't just manually increase the level field.

Bidmaron
December 2nd, 2018, 14:33
Bump post 201 in case you missed it.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2018, 14:39
Trenloe, when you open an individual encounter, there is a box for CR (challenge rating). Is it your intent at some point to display the challenge level in that box (severe, extreme, etc) or what do you have in mind for that?
I do plan, at some point, to rewrite the challenge/experience system as per Pathfnder 2.0 - based off PCs in the Party Sheet (with a flag to indicate those that apply to the experience calculation).

ivell
December 2nd, 2018, 14:41
Level up by drag/dropping the class again - don't just manually increase the level field.

:square: I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!

Thanks for the hint!

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2018, 14:47
Bump post 201 in case you missed it.
Mr. Impatient!

Bidmaron
December 2nd, 2018, 14:49
Guilty as charged. Sorry, my friend.

Trenloe
December 4th, 2018, 18:33
Fixed in the update release today. In fact, it's the only update today - I've been distracted by other "stuff" the last couple of weeks. Thanks again for reporting.