PDA

View Full Version : New mod files created - Can I post?

DoctorC
August 2nd, 2018, 00:55
Hi

Having spent a lot of time creating a conversion of a 1st edition module for 5e, I would like to post it for comments - be critical but gentle!

Am I allowed to do this since it is a conversion of an old 1st edition module and if so, how?

DrC

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2018, 01:44
Unfortunately, no. The text and images for the 1st edition module is considered copyrighted material, so you can only create the FG versions for yourself unless given explicit permission by the original publisher. In this case, we know that Wizards has not given permission for conversions of older material.

I'm not as familiar with the DM's Guild setup, but they have slightly different rules and some additional stuff is allowed. Hopefully, someone more familiar with DM's Guild can comment.

Regards,
JPG

DoctorC
August 2nd, 2018, 01:54
OK - am I allowed to send the mod file to someone as one individual to another, on the basis that they would look at it and give me pointers on what I might be missing or how it could be made better... so I can improve my user of FG?

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2018, 05:18
Technically, you are not allowed to share the content with anyone else without permission of the original content publisher/author. We make sure that doesn't occur on our site, so that we can support our publishers.

Regards,
JPG