PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question - DM Created player char's not showing up?

Battlewear
August 1st, 2018, 18:00
Good Day,

Ok, so I have a question.. Im new to FG and so far, think this is awesome.. I have a number of challenges going on but working on them all :D

Here is the latest..
First let me explain the set up.
We are currently doing this as an addition to our table setup. So not remote play. We use the FG to project digital maps on to the table along with the tokens they help the DM and players know where everyone is and can easily move the miniatures to place when the tokens move ( we have a very large table set up, it can be hard for the DM to see exactly where people are, so a 2nd screen with the player side is set up for DM). One of the players brings a laptop so that they can move the player tokens around to have that reflected on the DM monitor. The DM moves the Monster tokens around which tells the players where he wants miniatures placed. At least, this is the general concept.

The challenge we are having at present is,
I have created some "Player Characters" on the DM side (mainly for testing purposes) but I want them shared with the players.. When I bring up a 2nd instance on my computer with the player side, I can share maps and such no problem, but the players seem to be hit/miss on if they show..
Sometimes they show up, some times they dont.. And I dont know how to make them come over.
As stated above, in time the intention is to have 1 player at the table who is able to control all the player tokens..

Is there a setting or something I am missing?

Andraax
August 1st, 2018, 18:21
Have you cleared ownership on the PCs?

Battlewear
August 1st, 2018, 18:32
Have you cleared ownership on the PCs?

How do you do that? Sorry new to this..

LordEntrails
August 1st, 2018, 18:36
Open the PC/Character selection window as the GM, right mouse on the character and select the eraser icon.

Battlewear
August 1st, 2018, 18:38
Open the PC/Character selection window as the GM, right mouse on the character and select the eraser icon.

Thank you!! That worked!

Battlewear
August 1st, 2018, 19:29
@LordEntrails - Do you know why maps shared with a Player side will not show up in name? They all just come across as Unidentified maps.

Zacchaeus
August 1st, 2018, 19:39
When you open the map in the DM side you'll see a small red circle with a line through it next to the Unidentified Image name. Click that so that it turns green and the players will then see the actual name of the image.

LordEntrails
August 1st, 2018, 20:31
@LordEntrails - Do you know why maps shared with a Player side will not show up in name? They all just come across as Unidentified maps.
As Mr. Z says, this is controlled by the DM. On the DM side their is an option called "Image Identificaation" (or similar) if that is off, the all images will be shown to the players with the DM (true) name. If it is on, the DM has a second name field that they can enter any name they want in. By default if no name is entered, then FG shows it as Unidentified.

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2018, 20:34
There is no longer an option as of v3.3.6. The identification feature is always available, but the default state is now identified.

If the GM was using that option in a previous version (when default was unidentified) or if they explicitly marked as unidentified, it will show up as unidentified for users. The GM can click on the identification button for that record to toggle.

Regards,
JPG